TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No information at this time on the suspects, per mayor Mike Rawlings

Police chief said that a bomb was sent in on a robot and detonated to kill the suspect after hours of negotiating.

suspect said he was unset about black lives matter, he wanted to kill white officers, suspect said he was not a part of a group.

He was killed by detonation through use of their bomb robot. It was just not safe to engage any other way. He did not commit suicide.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Per live news conference, the suspect (who is now dead) wanted to kill white people. Did this because he was upset about Black Lives Matter movement (ie not getting the attention or results it deserves {my intepretation, only}). Suspect acted alone (he says). Suspect wanted to kill as many white people, and especially, white LE, as possible. This from ABC. I imagine it's on all network channels right now.

He said he believed in Black Lives Matters, he was angry, angry about recent shootings, angry at white people, especially white LE.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I've watched numerous videos of LE hunkered down behind cars and shots being fired everywhere. These officers come on scene, knowing it's an active shooter situation - they run into the firing line do to their job. Not knowing if they will make it out alive.

RIP to the officers who lost their lives! Thank you to LE everywhere! For serving and protecting us in what has become such a thankless and dangerous job.

So this bomb that killed the sniper, was it one of those flash explosives to flush out the killer, or was it the killer's bomb?

ETA- never mind, I saw the answer above.

It sounds like the one killed with bomb wanted police to think he was alone in this. He said he did this alone. per the chief.

I have been listening on and off through the night, didn't sleep well thinking about these poor officers. I love our police chief so much. Loved what the mayor said as well, I.e.to Dallas having very few police officers using lethal force, how police weren't armored/heavily geared because they didn't want it to be seen as a sign of escalation.

Also glad they chose not to put any more officers in harms way, and ended things, but I have never heard of that before!!

snippits

Malcolm Nance, a combat veteran and retired US Navy Intelligence official, tweeted an analysis of one of the attacker's tactics, caught on video, as he opened fire.

http://www.businessinsider.com/military-experts-on-dallas-police-shootings-2016-7

1. TACTICALLY PROFESSIONAL: Shooter uses military Combat Glide, fire-on the move & tactical flow techniques.

2. He maintains weapon in position w/o lowering it while moving. Engages. Covers himself No panic even under fire.

3.Shooter covered angles. Did a post shoot rear clearance & turned. Took solid cover.

Nance continued:

"Shooter not using off-hand shots, but good use of cover alternating engag. side. Mainly Double taps ... Shooters intent on surviving. Had escape & evasion plan. Feels militia or Domestic terror grp trained in USA. Initial fusillade was numerous 4-6 shot groups. Mainly 4 shot. Several weapons. Not gang style."

THANKS I always trust Malcolm Nance in these matters. These snipers were trained for highly selective shots, it looks like, to me. They were not part of the peaceful protest.......they took advantage of it for their own terrorist motivations. JMO

Also glad they chose not to put any more officers in harms way, and ended things, but I have never heard of that before!!

That's exactly what I was just saying! I'm sure it's not something they wanted to do but it was brilliant!

I never heard of it either. Probably new technology.

DH and I had gone to bed when this news broke last night. Horrible.

Well, I'm thankful that the perps were caught and a manhunt is not happening on Dallas streets (remembering the Boston bombing situation).

Please let the leaders - those elected in authority and those who speak for citizen groups - handle this well.

THANKS I always trust Malcolm Nance in these matters. These snipers were trained for highly selective shots, it looks like, to me. They were not part of the peaceful protest.......they took advantage of it for their own terrorist motivations. JMO

We now know what the motivation of the shooter was-angry at white people, especially police officers.

Wait a minute - was it only one shooter or were the people in custody part of this also?

--------------------

Re: shooter killed by remote controlled bomb. Heh! I wonder if the shooter saw it coming.at him?

Jul 8 2016, 4:06 am ET

The Deadliest Attacks on U.S. Law Enforcement

by Alex Johnson

The shooting deaths of at least five officers Thursday night in Dallas sadly ranks as one of the deadliest attacks on U.S. law enforcement in the past 100 years.

The toll could rise, as Dallas police said at least six other officers were wounded.

These are the deadliest incidents for law enforcement officers in the United States since 1900...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/da...iest-u-s-attacks-law-enforcement-1900-n605716

We now know what the motivation of the shooter was-angry at white people, especially police officers.

??This, coming from the same person who said he did this single-handedly? I think there is more to this than a simple hate white cops theory.........................waiting for information, here. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper