TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Dallas. This is a horrible event in our community.

They are closing down a good portion of downtown today, a rather unprecedented event. D2 works downtown, though not in that area, and has been told to stay home today.

And the cycle continues!
:notgood:

Now it's purge season on LE.

This will surely make cops feel safer today when they confront citizens.

Unless the guy was planning this for months, I doubt if there are bombs all over the city

Sorry, just woke up to this. My Twitter feed is acting like there was some sort of large, organized tactical force shooting the police, but this thread seems to refer to "one guy". Can anyone shed any light? I realize a lot of you must have been up all night.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/0...test-shooting-obama-calls-attack-vicious.html

Three people were in custody and one suspect dead as local police and federal authorities raced to determine a motive and whether more people were involved in what was the nation's deadliest day for police since 9/11.

Brown said multiple shooters positioned themselves in two parking garages in downtown Dallas and "planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could."

I wish we'd stop destroying ourselves

*sigh*

Don't know what else to say.

It's never gonna stop is it?

Dallas Police 'Ambush': 11 Officers Shot, 5 Killed During Protest

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/da...cross-u-s-over-police-shootings-black-n605686

In what Brown described as an "ambush-style" shooting, at least two snipers fired from an elevated positions on police officers minutes before 9 p.m. local time (10 p.m. ET).

Around 800 people were at the demonstration, and around 100 police officers were assigned to the event and the surrounding area. The shooting occurred after the demonstration ended and as a march was taking place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 13627052_601106983384206_614887513554474048_n.jpg
    13627052_601106983384206_614887513554474048_n.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 218
People need to get this statement correct or there will be more trouble, IMO.

The statement "This was the deadliest day since 911 is incorrect!"

This was the deadliest day since Orlando!

How can we forget that so quickly?

ETA: Just read the above article, where it says deadliest attack on police. I stand corrected, as long as it is stated like this.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-shot-at-dallas-anti-police-protest/

...nation's deadliest day for police since 9/11.

I think the statement is that it's the deadliest day for LE since 9/11

snippits

Malcolm Nance, a combat veteran and retired US Navy Intelligence official, tweeted an analysis of one of the attacker's tactics, caught on video, as he opened fire.

http://www.businessinsider.com/military-experts-on-dallas-police-shootings-2016-7

1. TACTICALLY PROFESSIONAL: Shooter uses military Combat Glide, fire-on the move & tactical flow techniques.

2. He maintains weapon in position w/o lowering it while moving. Engages. Covers himself No panic even under fire.

3.Shooter covered angles. Did a post shoot rear clearance & turned. Took solid cover.

Nance continued:

"Shooter not using off-hand shots, but good use of cover alternating engag. side. Mainly Double taps ... Shooters intent on surviving. Had escape & evasion plan. Feels militia or Domestic terror grp trained in USA. Initial fusillade was numerous 4-6 shot groups. Mainly 4 shot. Several weapons. Not gang style."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member