TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Fuentes on CNN brings up some good points. No increases to funding for improved Police Training and Screening. Yet millions are spent settling Lawsuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Terrible times we live in. So many innocent die and for what? It just gets worse. IMO

Wait a minute - was it only one shooter or were the people in custody part of this also?

--------------------

Re: shooter killed by remote controlled bomb. Heh! I wonder if the shooter saw it coming.at him?

I am assuming we'll hear more about them as today progresses....

"Three more suspects — one woman and two men — are in custody following the Thursday night rampage. It's not clear what roles they played in the mid-protest massacre." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lled-cops-wanted-kill-chief-article-1.2704049

Dallas Mayor & Police Chief FULL Press Conference 7/8/16

[video=youtube;WBm8Ck_V4EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBm8Ck_V4EU[/video]

THANKS I always trust Malcolm Nance in these matters. These snipers were trained for highly selective shots, it looks like, to me. They were not part of the peaceful protest.......they took advantage of it for their own terrorist motivations. JMO

My brother was a sniper in the army, he said these same things. He said the way the guy was moving was pure tactical training, said its a lot different than how police move, said police have some training on military style movement but that they are two different birds(police style vs military). My brother also said though, with YouTube and some practice and just pure unchecked crazy, he could have learned a lot of this on his own and carried it out, BUT most likely trained.

What upsets me is that we have this happen, worse tragedy for LE since 9/11, and I am not seeing mostly interviews with mourners, Citizens distraught. I'm seeing iPhones taking pictures and people angry at the police that they were stopped, and saying this is what happens. There is no unity anymore. I truly fear for the future. Makes me want to go get about a thousand acres and just tune the world out.

I do think it's possible they had this planned for a while, they were waiting for the opportunity, which occurred last evening. jmo

Dallas Mayor & Police Chief FULL Press Conference 7/8/16

[video=youtube;WBm8Ck_V4EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBm8Ck_V4EU[/video]

This guy is amazing. He isn't reading of notes, and he is so eloquent and passionate about his officers and his citizens. The world needs more men like him.

I do think it's possible they had this planned for a while, they were waiting for the opportunity, which occurred last evening. jmo

I thought that at first, but now I'm thinking this action was triggered within the last couple of days, after the Louisiana and Minnesota shootings.

Dogface

Totally agree, we as a country need more men/people/police just like him.

Still haven't heard from my husbands clients, understandable as they are working, but haven't heard from ones mother(who was also a client)...asking everyone for prayers, good vibes, good juju or whatever positivity you can send. Dallas needs it badly.

Have you heard anything??

www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/...allas-rally-2-officers-reportedly-wounded.ece
"It is important to allow people to grieve first and foremost," said the Rev. Dr. Jeff Hood, one of the event's organizers. "Then we want to create a space for anger and rage so people can get that out."
Agreed! Nor take another's life b/c you are angry ab
Troubling phrase. How do you create a "space" for anger and rage and do it peacefully so no lives or property are damaged ?
Imo; no one has a right to destroy anything. I don't care how mad you are.

Matt Pearce ✔ @mattdpearce
Witness tells @dallasnews photog he heard at least 20-30 gunshots, "it looked like four cops were on the ground." https://twitter.com/gjmccarthy

Amen! Nor does it give one a pass to end another person's life.

LE need training but I posted the comments from the chief in St. Anthony MN which were not amenable to training.

Homeland Security should be used to train LE in more positive methods. The problems in America are in the country itself, mainly. St. Anthony is not large.

newyork_times.200.jpg
boston_globe.200.jpg
dallas_morning_news.200.jpg
houston_chronicle.200.jpg
chicago_tribune.200.jpg

http://en.kiosko.net/us/

I keep thinking that this was a deliberate organized disruption of what was a PEACEFUL comingling of mournful citizens and police in UNIFIED exercise of their rights and duties. It was an attack on unity, for the purpose of destroying it. I'm seeing home-grown terrorism.......I guess we'll find out. So very tragic, and frightening. JMO

THANKS I always trust Malcolm Nance in these matters. These snipers were trained for highly selective shots, it looks like, to me. They were not part of the peaceful protest.......they took advantage of it for their own terrorist motivations. JMO

One of the local anchors last night said "He doesn't walk with anyone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member