TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the comforting thing about watching this and being a non American, is at least these Americans are only killing themselves. At least the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with their ****gery and ridiculous gun laws. At least the rest of the world is relatively safe from these sort of actions. Thank god I don't live in America and quite frankly the rest of the world would be better off without it.,

Im going to try to say this as nicely as possibly, I should probably scroll and roll, but if you think in any way your attitude is appreciated or helpful, it's not. And I just want you to know, America is a great place, with great things happening, but that doesn't get shown.

"I do not agree with the violence..."""BUT"""?????!!!!!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think human is trying to justify violence. I agree - I don't think it's right but I do understand how people might feel as if it's the only option they have left. They would be wrong, imo, to resort to it though.

I guess the comforting thing about watching this and being a non American, is at least these Americans are only killing themselves. At least the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with their ****gery and ridiculous gun laws. At least the rest of the world is relatively safe from these sort of actions. Thank god I don't live in America and quite frankly the rest of the world would be better off without it.,

Well that's a hateful thing to say.

Im going to try to say this as nicely as possibly, I should probably scroll and roll, but if you think in any way your attitude is appreciated or helpful, it's not. And I just want you to know, America is a great place, with great things happening, but that doesn't get shown.

If you think it might look good from the inside, try looking from the outside. The rest of the world just sees it as just a civil war soap opera

I do not agree with the violence. But I can see why some are totally fed up with feeling like they are not comsidered to be human beings- black people. I imagine it gets to you after awhile. Knowing that your life does not matter.

When you have nothing, you have nothing to lose. I pray we can go a different direction.

The snarky racist views towards people of color is going to kill us all.

We as a society need to step up and stop allowing people to paint police using prejudices and not facts. As we have seen, this thinking is getting people killed, and ripping our communities apart.

1.1 MILLION police officers in this country. Just under 500 police shooting deaths this year. According to the Washington post's running study of this, in MORE THAN HALF of those cases the suspect had a gun, and half of those gun weilding suspects actually fired at police before they were shot. Among the other half, some had knives, vehicles used as weapons, few were unarmed.

500 of those cases out of 1.1 Million officers. And those 1.1 million officers don't just interact with one citizen a year, or a week or a day. Many of those officers are in fact members of minority communities themselves. Regardless, the vast majority of white officers aren't the evil bigots people like this killer want them to be in order to justify hating them.

If someone can understand that it is wrong to judge gay people or Chinese people or bartenders or farmers by what .01% do, and not what the other 99.9% do then they do have the ability to apply this same level of understanding when viewing police officers. If someone has that capacity and chooses to do otherwise, well there's a word for that type of thinking....

Ok, I'm officially steamed!! CNN just showed a bit of one of the leaders of Congressional Black Caucus "stirring the pot". That is the last thing we need. I realize that there is still racial inequality in certain areas of our country & that is just wrong, wrong, wrong! But I say, let Dallas take care of Dallas problems!!!!!!! I definitely do not think Dallas is a hotbed of racial discrimination. The Police Chief is a black man & the Mayor Pro Tem is a black man. I really don't see how they could have gotten those positions if Dallas was a racist city.

Nope. Guess it was him. Dangit I should have. He posted about the events, but a lot of people did. He used the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter, but his last post was a pic of a black hand shaking hands with a white hand and about unity. But that was 8 hours ago according to the FB. Could someone have realized he was the shooter and posted that as him to deflect suspicion?

ETA wait it's still up on my laptop.

I don't think human is trying to justify violence. I agree - I don't think it's right but I do understand how people might feel as if it's the only option they have left. They would be wrong, imo, to resort to it though.
But with that reasoning bluesneakers, then we can reason away that: all of the stuff cops see on a daily basis is their reason for being trigger happy?

It's time for change. Change on both sides. Change for everyone. We are going to hell in a bucket.

Nope. Guess it was him. Dangit I should have. He posted about the events, but a lot of people did. He used the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter, but his last post was a pic of a black hand shaking hands with a white hand and about unity. But that was 8 hours ago according to the FB. Could someone have realized he was the shooter and posted that as him to deflect suspicion?

ETA wait it's still up on my laptop.

It's still coming up for me too.

If you think it might look good from the inside, try looking from the outside. The rest of the world just sees it as just a civil war soap opera

I am not American. I don't live in the U.S. Please refrain from speaking for me when you make statements like this about how YOU believe 'the rest of the world' sees it. I do not see it that way. At all.

Houston we have a serious problem.

Just the facts:

• [h=3]Police killed at least 102 unarmed black people in 2015, nearly twice each week

Nearly 1 in 3 black people killed by police in 2015 were identified as unarmed, [/h]
  • [h=3]Unarmed black people were killed at 5x the rate of unarmed whites in 2015[/h]
  • [h=3]Only 10 of the 102 cases in 2015 where an unarmed black person was killed by police resulted in officer(s) being charged with a crime,

Only 1 of 2 officers convicted .... received jail time. .... 1 year in jail ....allowed to serve this time exclusively on weekends. [/h]
  • [h=3]
    • Only 3 of the 100 largest city police departments did not kill anyone from Jan 2013 - Apr 2016 (Buffalo, Irvine, and Plano).

• Rates of violent crime in cities did not make it any more or less likely for police departments to kill people.

I found this very telling ......

, Buffalo and Newark police departments had low rates of police violence despite high crime rates while Spokane and Bakersfield had relatively low crime rates and high rates of police violence.

IMO RACISM peroid...

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/unarmed/

http://mappingpoliceviolence.org/compare-police-departments
    [/h]

Probably best to scroll and roll......please don't respond to agitators......thanks JMO

But with that reasoning bluesneakers, then we can reason away that: all of the stuff cops see on a daily basis is their reason for being trigger happy?

It's time for change. Change on both sides. Change for everyone. We are going to hell in a bucket.

It's not reasoning - it's simply understanding why people might feel the way they do and trying to see the situation the way some might see it*. I'm putting myself in their shoes, in a way, I also think there are more than two sides to what's currently happening wrt to LE and African Americans.

*Another example: I don't support capital punishment but I can understand why some people might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay