TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see that guy being the guy, FWIW. If it is true that this person had a lot of expert tactical training, I don't see anything on his FB that suggests military/police etc. experience that would have provided that.

It's not reasoning - it's simply understanding why people might feel the way they do and trying to see the situation the way some might see it. I'm putting myself in their shoes, in a way, I also think there are more than two sides to what's currently happening wrt to LE and African Americans. For instance I don't support capital punishment but I can understand why some people might.
I get you. I just truly think it's past time for side taking. Americans are pulling each other apart. I'm sad. I'm sick and I don't know how we are going to sew the rift that is tearing the fabric of our country apart.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello my friend. Sigh, we find ourselves on another, truly unimaginable thread.

I blame Omar Mateen for starting these group hate killings up. Things have escalated since his war on others within the United States. Jmo.

Let's not let this thread get derailed...I truly am so sad for my city right now, once again, I hope the focus can remain on the victims, and how prior to this massacre things were going so great. People taking pictures with police, who left their shields and gear in their cars. Protestors who were open carrying handing their guns in to police for good measure, turning themselves in to be cleared all to help make things easier in a rapidly evolving, deadly, situation. I feel so bad for the gentleman who was published as a POI initially, I hope he understands the reasons why police needed to clear him and that in the confusion it wasn't communicated he had handed in his gun on good faith. I know already I have seen an outpouring of support for him on my fb page.

I get you. I just truly think it's past time for side taking. Americans are pulling each other apart. I'm sad. I'm sick and I don't know how we are going to sew the rift that is tearing the fabric of our country apart.

This is how I feel. We need a big therapy session that's moderated where we can all come to the table and say things, even ugly things, so we can discuss them and move on as one. America is in a bad marriage with itself it would seem and we need to focus on gaining the emotional intelligence to deal with it!

FB did it again - page gone. I am serious, can someone explain why FB Twitter do this all the time. Its not like any one is gonna blame them for what happened.

At another level tho, it is losing an educationial oppotunity for people that are on those places. It can educate about posts made, and then outcomes, and might make it easier for others to identify seeing "bad" patterns on SM on alert.

Keeping all these "secret" is counterproductive IMO

Why take it down - all of us here - before they yank it -- have learned much about people who commit crime. It also in its own way is Hitler like, controlling what the rest of the world "gets to" read etc

2 mins ago that guy posted on his FB page "I'm not the shooter." Didn't think it was him before, but that settles it. If you posted a link to his FB please take it down.

ETA: I don't know why this quoted your post CARIIS. That wasn't my intent. My message was directed at the group in general, not at you.

2 mins ago that guy posted on his FB page "I'm not the shooter." Didn't think it was him before, but that settles it. If you posted a link to his FB please take it down.

Will do. HIs profile didn't seem to fit in.

That FB just posted "i'm not the shooter" so possibly not him, or its family.

I think we all should be extra cautious here. Please don't link to random Micahs. The one guy linked to before is NOT the guy and he just updated his status to say so.

There are a lot of Micah Johnsons on facebook and they deserve privacy and protection from scrutiny...

:hug:

I don't understand the hate posts, or the blacks murdered by white cops posts on here. I understand it on the threads about the actual shootings by police but here? Isn't there enough divide? Can we not have some damned compassion on here? Can we people just stop stirring the damned pot!??!
Ty.[emoji173]

freaked out , sirens made my dogs howl all night and hubby just got in his building , mine has been swept secure 2x as we have a congressman in ours, jumping in to follow.....I am floored at the suspect , didn't see this coming

Not sure what truth there is in this, but I heard that the police there last night didn't wear helmets/armor and dressed down to not look threatening to the protestors. jmo idk

It was alluded to in the Q&A after the presser as well. The DPD, under the excellent leadership of this born-and-bred Dallas police chief, has had a policy of trying not to appear too 'SWAT' in their protection of the general public at large gatherings like this so as not to appear to expect the worst...to appear community friendly, to not appear racist, and to oppose stereotypical misconceptions.

So for some lone sniper to ambush and target these same (unarmored) Dallas police from a hidden position - officers who daily (indeed last night) put their lives on the line "as guardians for this great democracy" as Chief Brown says - is the epitome of misguided venom. As the mayor said in his presser Q&A comments, Dallas is the 'best of the best' in recent years as far as their record of police-involved shootings. As major cities go, Dallas is at the bottom of the list statistically in number of incidents of that nature.

So it would appear this COWARD sniper with an assault rifle wanted to make his violent statement about "white officers" and the Minnesota and Louisiana police shootings by summarily gunning down 5 cream-of-the-crop, exceptionally community-friendly Dallas police officers, and wounding several more officers and innocents. The irony being that this Dallas rally protesting police brutality was, apart from this sniper, unified, peaceful and successful, largely due to the continued efforts of a local LE that consciously and daily works hard at having a unified relationship with the community they serve--to the point of putting aside the armored attire that might have saved their lives last night.

:(

This is how I feel. We need a big therapy session that's moderated where we can all come to the table and say things, even ugly things, so we can discuss them and move on as one. America is in a bad marriage with itself it would seem and we need to focus on gaining the emotional intelligence to deal with it!

At some point last night on one of these threads I said we need to all go on the Dr. Phil show. Maybe he can help us.

So many familiar posters here today. Many of you I've respectfully disagreed with in the past. Sigh, I just want to say I think you are all really good souls. I wish and pray we don't have any more of these threads for a long while...

There's a "5 fast facts about MJ" post up on that site that does those. Don't think we can link them but you can Google.

Looks like he was US military or ex USMIL, radacalized by anti-police propaganda.

There's a "5 fast facts about MJ" post up on that site that does those. Don't think we can link them but you can Google.

Looks like he was US military or ex USMIL, radacalized by anti-police propaganda.

US Army. I'm not sure what beret he's wearing but I don't think it's special forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay