TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police deploy pepper spray in attempt to disperse advancing crowd at Phoenix protest against police brutality (updated) - FOX10

Officer-involved in shooting at Walgreens in Phoenix; officers not injured, shooting not related to protests, police say - 12News

About 40 arrested so far at Rochester, NY, protest, police say - @tyee23

ABC
Police deploy pepper spray in attempt to disperse advancing crowd at Phoenix protest against police brutality (updated) - FOX10

Officer-involved in shooting at Walgreens in Phoenix; officers not injured, shooting not related to protests, police say - 12News

Police in Racine, Wisc., arrest man accused of making social media post encouraging black men to kill police officers and their families - WISN

Phoenix cops using pepper spray again now-- this one looks really nuts moo--it looks like there are groups like all over the place. Noone hurt .

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news-now

Its all exhausting, feels like the country is going out of control.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nson-decorated-army-veteran-article-1.2704275

Interesting.

From your article it mentions that his step-mother Is White!!

I wonder what kind of relationship he had with her if he wanted to kill white people?

IMOO.

I wondered too when I heard that, if he felt detached from forming a relationship with either his biological mother or father, perhaps he held this stepmother responsible for 'ripping the family' apart. Would not put it past his mentality. IMO, it wasn't about him being black... not even the disdain towards police.

Someone may not approve of my 'pigment,' yet you wouldn't feel so vividly insecure in your day to day life - something close to home drove those unstable thoughts rather steadily. As it were, seems he was a 'loner' type. IMO, he would have been a danger no matter his ethnic background. But he'd find something* to disassociate himself from and target that specific group. Apparently, he wasn't respectful about 'girls,' as reported. It starts with stealing women's panties, and aggravates later to something way worse so... it's a little sickening to see some of those support messages on twitter on the such. "We understand you, brother." All I see is that this young male used his race as overseas terrorists use the "Islam card,' it is just subterfuge for their underlying mental instability.

If he truly meant to help, he wouldn't have taken the movement hostage, which resulted in injuries/trampled protestors and the like.. purely selfishly motivated. I would say international terrorism is obviously bunk manipulation, hijacking religion as "Islamic revolution." My arse, hey buddy, you have to pray five times a day, not rape and pillage, kill innocents, etc etc. They're just psycho 'anarchist gypsies' if you will, who have nothing else to sell. I highly doubt most of them have ever even touched the Quran. Whereas I, am fluently able to read Arabic and have a respect for their culture.

Alright, I suppose this thread had already been updated with other findings regarding the ex-Army vet - removed from service.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...s-shooter-used-military-skills-for-murder.ece

WOW. Really?? How are they hypocrites? Were they supposed to stand still and get shot? Running away means they were looking for a safe place. It doesn't AT ALL assume they were expecting protection from anyone. For all they knew, it was a COP doing the shooting.

What a stupid response from this perfect example of a privileged rich white person who has no idea what it's like for POC in this world.

According to the most recent media reports, he left a journal. In it, or directly to police, he was explicitly CRITICAL of BLM. As I posted earlier, that criticism of non-violent protest is consistent with his being a black nationalist.

IMO, it's very similar to white supremacists who favor using violence in order to bring on a race war.

Extremists both.
RBBM: Hi hope. Do you have a link to this? I have tried to find where the shooter was critical of the BLM movement and can't find it. I can't find anything specific about his journals in regards to BLM.

Thanks I figured it would be some white supremacy guys trying to start trouble.

That might, now, be next.

I would imagine that they are possibly, now, mad/madder - at this point.
(This just gave them another reason to get mad/madder, you know?)

WOW. Really?? How are they hypocrites? Were they supposed to stand still and get shot? Running away means they were looking for a safe place. It doesn't AT ALL assume they were expecting protection from anyone. For all they knew, it was a COP doing the shooting.

What a stupid response from this perfect example of a privileged rich white person who has no idea what it's like for POC in this world.

Yes, yet there are class systems in every country. I'm certain this guy has issues with white liberals in addition to the BLM protesters. My own background, pretty similarly utilizes a 'caste-like' value system, in which women are last - and ordered by appearance (pigment), wealth, socioeconomic status - their male children can often demand nonessential needs as rights - over their own mothers. In the past, I've personally received some 'heat' from people of my own ethnicity, for being 'too suburban,' aka, white-washed. And don't get me started on my father's side of the family... They fear I have taken upon 'the white man's success' and intricately hold it over them somehow. It does not matter they are engineers, doctors, editors for some fancy column. Nope, I express myself like a white-person, I have a white person's values, etc etc (according to them). And not just myself, other 2nd 'geners.' There is so much ignorance on the planet, it isn't just limited to whites. Give someone power, and study their peer groups to see what they do with it.

We have a CLASS problem in our society. EVERYONE has a stereotype. Rich men, rich women, poor men, poor women - of every background, and most of the time, it is all very subtle, You notice it when you socialize. Yet I doubt the BLM movement is to support all POC - which is fine. They can't fight everyone's battles. But I view it as a strictly 'black' movement. It will open the minds of others to POC, but indirectly, I believe.

Dan Patrick is a party radical, I believe. No one would refer to crowd disbursement like that. They'd have run no matter the police presence or not..

The Falcon Heights police officer is Hispanic. Has everyone forgotten there is diversity in police forces? There are Black officers, too.

I wondered too when I heard that, if he felt detached from forming a relationship with either his biological mother or father, perhaps he held this stepmother responsible for 'ripping the family' apart. Would not put it past his mentality. IMO, it wasn't about him being black... not even the disdain towards police.

Someone may not approve of my 'pigment,' yet you wouldn't feel so vividly insecure in your day to day life - something close to home drove those unstable thoughts rather steadily. As it were, seems he was a 'loner' type. IMO, he would have been a danger no matter his ethnic background. But he'd find something* to disassociate himself from and target that specific group. Apparently, he wasn't respectful about 'girls,' as reported. It starts with stealing women's panties, and aggravates later to something way worse so... it's a little sickening to see some of those support messages on twitter on the such. "We understand you, brother." All I see is that this young male used his race as overseas terrorists use the "Islam card,' it is just subterfuge for their underlying mental instability.

If he truly meant to help, he wouldn't have taken the movement hostage, which resulted in injuries/trampled protestors and the like.. purely selfishly motivated. I would say international terrorism is obviously bunk manipulation, hijacking religion as "Islamic revolution." My arse, hey buddy, you have to pray five times a day, not rape and pillage, kill innocents, etc etc. They're just psycho 'anarchist gypsies' if you will, who have nothing else to sell. I highly doubt most of them have ever even touched the Quran. Whereas I, am fluently able to read Arabic and have a respect for their culture.

Alright, I suppose this thread had already been updated with other findings regarding the ex-Army vet - removed from service.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...s-shooter-used-military-skills-for-murder.ece

I don't think that updated information had made it here. Thank you for bringing it here.

Dallas police shooter Micah Johnson was accused of sexually harassing female soldier in Afghanistan

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...icah-johnson-black-lives-matter-a7128301.html

Caitlyn Lennon, a 27-year-old former co-worker at the shop, told the Dallas Morning News that she knew him as a gun owner who was “distrustful of the police".

He had also “liked” the New Black Panther Party and the Black Riders Liberation Party, which have been described as hate groups by the Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Centre.

Another group featured on his page, the African-American Defense League, was formed in 2014 by activist Mauricelm-lei Millere, who regularly attempts to incite violence against the police using social media.

I see there is more violence against our protectors. Outrageous.

I just came over here to tell you folks that when I got home yesterday my community had gotten together and placed blue ribbons around all of the trees in our neighborhood, a beautiful sight.

According to the most recent media reports, he left a journal. In it, or directly to police, he was explicitly CRITICAL of BLM. As I posted earlier, that criticism of non-violent protest is consistent with his being a black nationalist.

IMO, it's very similar to white supremacists who favor using violence in order to bring on a race war.

Extremists both.

bbm, I see nothing that says he left a journal for LE, it was a journal of combat tactics, imo to use against LE.

Investigators discovered bomb-making materials, rifles and a “personal journal of combat tactics” in the home of the black former Army reservist who struck during a demonstration against the shooting of two black men by white police officers in Minnesota and Louisiana.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-dallas-police-shooting-20160708-snap-story.html

Yesterday, going shops, I never met so many nice, friendly people. I live in the very far away LONDON UK but black people yesterday though...went out their way to help and be all type of kind, holding doors, clearing baskets etc....
Usually where I live it's all selfish. Not yesterday.
Anyone else notice? I almost cried when I came home.

ETA: Awful, horrible, RIP all. His family need to be investigated too.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown, a Reformer, Becomes Face of Nation’s Shock

Since taking over the Dallas department, one of the nation’s largest, Chief Brown, 55, has earned a national reputation as a progressive leader whose top priority is improving relations and reducing distrust between the police department and the city’s minority residents.

<snip>

Chief Brown, who is African-American and a fourth-generation Dallas native, joined the city’s police force in 1983. In a panel discussion with Mr. Wexler’s [law enforcement policy] group in 2014, he said that his 30 years on the force as well as stories told by his grandparents had taught him how, in some neighborhoods, police abuses are remembered for decades.

In Dallas, he has invited public scrutiny as police chiefs in few other cities have. While other departments often try to delay the public identification of officers involved in shootings, his department often releases the names.

Chief Brown’s main push has been geared toward reducing the use of force by officers in encounters with citizens.

<snip>

He has fought with the police union over his emphasis on so-called community policing — the use of less-confrontational enforcement strategies — and his willingness to fire officers, dozens of them, often publicly.

“Chief Brown thinks that we should clean our own house before we expect others to clean theirs,” said Don Stafford, a retired member of the department who was one of the first black police officers to rise high in the ranks.

<snip>

“It’s ironic this madman would pick Dallas, one of the cities that is a leader in reducing officer-involved shootings,” Mr. Wexler said.​

(Attached photo is of Chief Brown at a prayer vigil yesterday.)

Attachments

• 09DALLASPD-web1-master768.jpg
    09DALLASPD-web1-master768.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 29
I am getting tired of the anti police posts on this thread dedicated to the 5 officers that lost their lives to a senseless murderer. May I remind you that these 5 officers were PROTECTING people that night. PEOPLE THAT WERE PROTESTING AGAINST THEM.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am getting tired of the anti police posts on this thread dedicated to the 5 officers that lost their lives to a senseless murderer. May I remind you that these 5 officers were PROTECTING people that night. PEOPLE THAT WERE PROTESTING AGAINST THEM.

While I agree this thread should be about the killed and wounded Dallas officers, the protesters were not protesting against the Dallas PD. They were protesting the killings in Louisiana and Minnesota. Dallas officers were posing for photos with BLM protesters Thursday and tweeting updates, including videos, of the march on Twitter.

[video=twitter;751216142283251712]https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751216142283251712[/video]

More by clicking through the Dallas PD tweets and at https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na...os-together/H6IuZVB9uDUdTcGvDSfjdP/story.html

&#10084;

A love paean for the city of #Dallas:

I cried my eyes out last night seeing all of the photos on Twitter of the #Dallas skyline lit in blue.

At the same time, that neon was comforting to me as it tells me that the city I love is still very much the city that gives me hope for all of us.

I'm old enough to remember when the green neon lights on what is now the Bank of America building were controversial. And when, symbolic of the economic troubles of those times, those same lights had a tendency to fail.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ng-has-a-storied-past-to-match-its-height.ece

My tears started rolling Thursday night when the green neon was so prominent in video and photos coming out of the horror in downtown Dallas.

For this former resident of the city, that building and its past symbolizes a turning point for the city. When I stay in Dallas, I insist on being able to see those lights at night.

Today the neon has spread to other prominent downtown features such as Reunion Tower and the Omni Hotel.

Living at a distance from the city, I get to connect to #Dallas at any time through social media. That often includes seeing what the downtown neon is expressing, whether it be joy, sorrow, or the everyday form of just being.

The first thing I saw on my Dallas Twitter this morning was two retweets from a person I follow. The retweets were photos of the memorial in front of DPD headquarters and of the gathering yesterday at Thanksgiving Square.

The person who retweeted those expressions of mutual love and appreciation was DPD Chief David Brown.

The #Dallas I love is evident in its leadership.

The leadership revealed to the world in the persons of Chief Brown and Mayor Rawlings, and others, is a reflection of the people of #Dallas.

#Dallas is the city it is because of the hard work and sometimes painful efforts to change itself to improve the lives for all of its citizens and the recognition that all of those lives matter every day.

#Dallas has not achieved perfection and it never will.

What it has achieved is turning itself from a city insistent on maintaining its traditional status quo to one that sees the imperative in becoming a more inclusive place for its many delightfully diverse citizens.

If I could say one thing about Mayor Rawlings' words from yesterday, it would be that our generation has had its successes in affecting change for the better, as well as our short-comings.

I agree with him that we all need to "step up our game."

http://time.com/4399164/dallas-shooting-mayor-mike-rawlings-prayer-vigil/

Well Dallas is a jewel, oh yeah, Dallas is a beautiful sight.

And Dallas is a jungle but Dallas gives a beautiful light.

"Why Dallas?"

Don't know the answer to that question, but perhaps Dallas reflects a beautiful light in the hearts of its people that can guide us all to a better way of treating one another with love and respect.

And maybe that is why #Dallas.

A love paean for the city of #Dallas:

I cried my eyes out last night seeing all of the photos on Twitter of the #Dallas skyline lit in blue.

At the same time, that neon was comforting to me as it tells me that the city I love is still very much the city that gives me hope for all of us.

I'm old enough to remember when the green neon lights on what is now the Bank of America building were controversial. And when, symbolic of the economic troubles of those times, those same lights had a tendency to fail.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ng-has-a-storied-past-to-match-its-height.ece

My tears started rolling Thursday night when the green neon was so prominent in video and photos coming out of the horror in downtown Dallas.

For this former resident of the city, that building and its past symbolizes a turning point for the city. When I stay in Dallas, I insist on being able to see those lights at night.

Today the neon has spread to other prominent downtown features such as Reunion Tower and the Omni Hotel.

Living at a distance from the city, I get to connect to #Dallas at any time through social media. That often includes seeing what the downtown neon is expressing, whether it be joy, sorrow, or the everyday form of just being.

The first thing I saw on my Dallas Twitter this morning was two retweets from a person I follow. The retweets were photos of the memorial in front of DPD headquarters and of the gathering yesterday at Thanksgiving Square.

The person who retweeted those expressions of love and appreciation was DPD Chief David Brown.

The #Dallas I love is evident in its leadership.

The leadership revealed to the world in the persons of Chief Brown and Mayor Rawlings, and others, is a reflection of the people of #Dallas.

#Dallas is the city it is because of the hard work and sometimes painful efforts to change itself to improve the lives for all of its citizens and the recognition that all of those lives matter every day.

#Dallas has not achieved perfection and it never will.

What it has achieved is turning itself from a city insistent on maintaining its traditional status quo to one that sees the imperative in becoming a more inclusive place for its many delightfully diverse citizens.

If I could say one thing about Mayor Rawlings' words from yesterday, it would be that our generation has had its successes in affecting change for the better, as well as our short-comings.

I agree with him that we all need to "step up our game."

http://time.com/4399164/dallas-shooting-mayor-mike-rawlings-prayer-vigil/

"Why Dallas?"

Don't know the answer to that question, but perhaps Dallas reflects a beautiful light in the hearts of its people that can guide us all to a better way of treating one another with love and respect.

And maybe that is why #Dallas.
When thank yous aren't enough. That was a beautiful post.

It hurts to read the posts bashing the victims as a whole. Everything I have read in MSM shows that all of the Dallas PD, DART and other departments did a great job of protecting the citizens of Dallas that night. They ran to the danger to protect and serve Dallas that night. I have not read one article that has been posted about any rouge cops that night. Everything I have read indicates Dallas PD is a roll model for their policing tactics. They deserve recognition for the positives that they have done and will continue to do. Why are they being lumped in with the less than one percent of bad cops?
It is just my opinion, but to me the issue here that a community is mourning the loss of their police officers and need to feel the support of our nation. It is no different than Orlando that needs the support of our nation to heal as a community . Being from Orlando I followed the thread closely, and I did not see any gay bashing or Latino bashing. So why is it ok to use this time, this thread to bash law enforcement as a whole?
My heart hurts for Dallas and their law enforcement community and I pray that Dallas will get the same love and support from our nation that Orlando has received to help them to heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71