TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he kicked out of a group from Houston?

I certainly hope not. The Pollyanna in me wants to believe we can rise above all of the hate.

I'm slowly losing faith every day that we can. We have a barn outside the city, but I told my husband yesterday start looking for some land further out. I refuse to raise my baby around the hate. It breaks my heart though. It's really not hard to, at the very least, be cordial.

Wonder if this could be related?

The shooting happened on Cullen near Ward around 12:40am. Officers say they saw a man with a revolver standing in the road. There were two officers in one vehicle and they asked the man to put the revolver down. Police say a witness also asked him to drop the weapon. Officers say instead of dropping the gun, the man raised his weapon pointing it in the air. He then lowered it and pointed it at the two officers.

http://abc13.com/news/hpd-says-officers-shot-killed-gunman-on-houstons-south-side/1420144/

The threat says a group from Houston. I wonder if they have anything to do with the killing of the police officers. He may of said that he acted alone, but iirc he said it was only the beginning.

I would not be surprised that it is connected to what happened in Dallas.

Wasn't he kicked out of a group from Houston?

Johnson, 25, was a part of the Houston chapter of the New Black Panther party a few years ago. According to community activist Quanell X, Johnson was only a member for about 6 months. Quanell X said the group had issues with Johnson, who didn't want to follow the chain of command.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/report-2-officers-shot-at-dallas-protest

There are other possibilities, so I'm gonna hold and see.

The shooting happened on Cullen near Ward around 12:40am. Officers say they saw a man with a revolver standing in the road. There were two officers in one vehicle and they asked the man to put the revolver down. Police say a witness also asked him to drop the weapon. Officers say instead of dropping the gun, the man raised his weapon pointing it in the air. He then lowered it and pointed it at the two officers.

http://abc13.com/news/hpd-says-officers-shot-killed-gunman-on-houstons-south-side/1420144/

Could very well be a reaction to that shooting.

I wonder if Houston PD has received any threats.

I was shocked at how many people on SM sung praises to the shooter which makes me wonder if this could be idiotic retaliation.

Not sure why you are surprised, the BLM movement was formed after the Trayvon Martin trial, they obviously didnt actually watch the trial. Anyway, it has morphed into a political movement for its leaders to gain power, influence, and money by fomenting hatred towards police officers. Now that it has culminated in the deaths of five innocent officers and the wounding of seven more the movement is either going to die or produce more terror, but ultimately such a fake injustice sham will die. The question is: How many more innocent police officers will die?

Suicide by cop.

It's incredible how hard it is for people to accept this. What's it going to take?

Study Supports Suspicion That Police Are More Likely to Use Force on Blacks

"The study of thousands of use-of-force episodes from police departments across the nation has concluded what many people have long thought, but which could not be proved because of a lack of data: African-Americans are far more likely than whites and other groups to be the victims of use of force by the police, even when racial disparities in crime are taken into account."

“The dominant narrative has been that this happens to African-Americans because they are arrested in disproportionate numbers,” said Phillip Atiba Goff, a founder and president of the Center for Policing Equity, based at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. “But the data really makes it difficult to say that crime is the primary driver of this. In every single category, the anti-black disparity persists.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/u...-of-force-is-more-likely-for-blacks.html?_r=0
I'm trying to understand why these posts just keep sprouting up on this thread for these 5 officers killed in the line of duty.

Are you trying to say the killing of 5 police officers was warranted because of the statistics you've just listed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Police or ? had been Monitoring a vehicle with a group of armed people out of Houston, then Arlington, headed to Dallas and making threats.

Does anyone know what location in Dallas this is in? At first I thought it was PD headquarters, but now I'm not so sure.

:( I sure hope this isn't a diversionary tactic to get all LE in one place then attack somewhere else.

Watching now. What did I miss? Do they have eyes on a car? Person?

They just moved everyone back away towards Lamar, squad car just came in.

I consider myself tolerant, reasonable, & color blind. However I also say that if any group, whether they be white, black, brown, yellow, pink, purple or polka dotted or any combination thereof, attack Dallas PD headquarters, or any other police headquarters, they need to be taken out like the mad dogs they are. Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member