TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, looks like from that picture of the guy they're showing that he's taking part in the BLM protest, in front of the marchers, according to the reporter.

This guy saying people want police to be held accountable.

This is a developing story and will update throughout the evening.

Three Dallas police officers and one DART officer have been killed and several others were injured after shots were fired in downtown Dallas during a rally and march Thursday night.

Dallas police Chief David Brown said preliminary details are that two snipers shot 11 police officers and one civilian from elevated positions during the rally in downtown.

Three are dead, two are in surgery and three are in critical condition, he said.

There are no suspects in custody at this time, Brown said.

http://beta.dallasnews.com/news/new...ooting-deaths-alton-sterling-philando-castile

On CNN live: they are showing a picture of the suspect from behind at a rally. How did he get away with having that weapon out in public?

Geez, looks like from that picture of the guy they're showing that he's taking part in the BLM protest, in front of the marchers, according to the reporter.

Yes, he was walking with them. BLM can't prevent that and in that situation, are trained not to approach him if he's armed. They alert LE and let them handle it. They take classes in this stuff. They have trained monitors to walk along and alert LE to any problems. They're usually wearing a green (or other color) armband. Happens a lot unfortunately. My son has done it, though I don't like him to. One time he walked up to a car full of white guys with guns who were driving up to marchers. Scary.

That looks suspiciously like they're just detaining anyone in camo, given the whole crowd around. I don't think he has body armor on.

He had a vest and a helmet on.

This was tweeted by DPD earlier tonight.

[video=twitter;751222360867418112]https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/751222360867418112[/video]

What a difference a few hours makes. :(

Sorry my posts are so erratic/not quoting people correctly. I don't usually post as things are happening and I'm apparently not too great at it. Also worried bc a young couple who are clients of my husbands are both dpd and working tonight.

No worries! In the beginning everything is confused. The only diff is at WS we clear it up as it goes along ..........................unlike CNN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member