TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we all have different interpretations of what it means to be filthy rich.
The point is nobody can really see what’s going on deep inside someone else’s head. People present themselves happy when they’re not, or they put on all kinds of acts. How many times are people surprised by a seemingly faithful, upright, god-fearing, harmless, quiet person cheating, stealing, lying, snapping, killing? It‘s as old as time.

I prefer following the evidence. NO doesn’t get a mother or beauty bonus from me. If they had found CW dead with two of his kids in her house and the ME ruled his death a suicide, how many would suspect NO?

NO might have been a good mom before all of this happened. CW might have been an affluent, entitled schmuck. But it doesn’t make him a murderer.

And it will proven to be the same thing in this case 100% no question about it. MOO IMO etcAnd yes the double standards about poor CWs character being ruined yet from day 1 - on this forum, her having 3 different dads and being a gold digger who choose money over her kids was pandered around. It's still the focal line of reasoning for most on here's reason as to why NO is guilty

I must dispute this BBM comment that is an opinion but stated as fact.
Speaking for myself, I believe NO is guilty of killing herself because the officials I entrust to determine that have said she did. I believe she is the most likely one to have murdered her daughters because there has been no other evidence publicized that another person was there when they were killed. If new information comes to light that is shared with the public I may change my belief. Also, I take the information I DO have - that NO was in such a difficult state of mental health pain that she committed the irrational act of suicide - and it is plausible to me that she turned the gun on her own children in that terrible moment before pointing it at herself. NONE of my opinion has anything to do with your statements that most here think NO was a gold-digger and a bad person because her children had 3 different dads and that she chose money over her kids. The fact that there are 3 different dads does point to possible unstable romantic relationships. That is my opinion, but I believe it would be the consensus of most folks with a background in mental health care as well.

You’re right I don’t know the answers to those questions and these are just my opinions.

As for the POI part, the sheriff ‘s definition of POI is someone who has information that could be helpful to the investigation. To me, that does not mean he was involved in the crime. As of now his only involvement is helping LE figure out what happened.

“Salazar told KSAT that Olsen's boyfriend and other witnesses are people of interest in the case. He elaborated that the designation does not mean they are suspects, rather, they believe that these people have information that could prove helpful to the investigation.”

BCSO 'not ready to say' mom killed 2 kids then self at Anaqua Springs Ranch home
I wish we knew who the other POI's are!

Just some random thoughts and speculation after reading through these threads:
1. I strongly suspect that LE has some additional information that puts a "twist" on this case. They are doing a detailed investigation for a M/S, as they should. Even if the ultimate finding is that Nichol fired the shots, her friends may always blame CW for the turbulent relationship, etc, which they feel affected her state of mind.
2. CW has hired criminal defense attorneys, which is his right. Is it possible that the investigation turned up lesser criminal activities unrelated to the deaths? (For example - speculation only - if there were even a small amount of drugs in the home.)
3. I read that CW's family employs a PR professional. This leads me to take passionate defense of him in online comments with a grain of salt. Although my gut feeling is that this will be found to be M/S, I think we will eventually learn info that will give us context to understand the sheriff's and friends' comments.

Thanks Cocochannel, love your username btw, seem we both have a penchant for the finer things in life, although I hasten to add I have been known to drop my standards on the odd occasion. It's all good though, I made the amendment.

Just waiting for the breaking news story. Hopefully soon, real soon.

Edit for your edit- if someone insinuates that NO killed her kids because she could not bare life without a that big million dollar home and will rather kill her kids that suggests they are implying she is a gold digging selfish murderer.

This is one the main reason championed by many here for the motive of MS. I am standing by that. I don't care how anyone spins it. IMO
RBBM

I disagree with the bolded statement. Sure, that is one of the motives mentioned by some posters, but my opinion is that the most common motive (or "main reason") suggested is mental illness.

This is MOO and JMO from reading the threads thus far. Granted, many posts get removed for not being within TOS, so maybe I've missed a lot of posters saying this. Please do report any posts you see that are bashing the victim(s) in any way; the mods are awesome at removing them when reported.

Ha! Exactly.

This type of crime happens.
This type of crime happened here.

The facts of this case point to a murder suicide.

It’s a far greater leap to assume the boyfriend is involved, than to take this at face value.

The ME got it right, because he used evidence to reach his conclusion.

Not emotion.
We do not have all the facts. Is this your opinion?

Thanks Cocochannel, love your username btw, seem we both have a penchant for the finer things in life, although I hasten to add I have been known to drop my standards on the odd occasion. It's all good though, I made the amendment.

Just waiting for the breaking news story. Hopefully soon, real soon.

Edit for your edit- if someone insinuates that NO killed her kids because she could not bare life without a that big million dollar home and will rather kill her kids that suggests they are implying she is a gold digging selfish murderer.

This is one the main reason championed by many here for the motive of MS. I am standing by that. I don't care how anyone spins it. IMO

I will agree to disagree with you on this point. I do not think most here are championing the money aspect as the motive for M/S. Instead, as other posters have pointed out, it is the mental health aspect that appears to be unstable. You may certainly stand by your opinion and I defend your right to do so. I do not believe those who believe money was not the issue and that mental health pain WAS the key factor are “spinning” anything about this tragic case.

Last edited:
@rigsby2 I can’t find your original post in reference to no pictures with NO and her daughters. I didn’t think much of it at the time and maybe it doesn’t mean anything. However, I’ve been looking through IG tribute pages for NO/her daughters and also found London’s IG page and it is odd because there is not a single picture of her with her daughters. In fact there is a picture someone posted with the 2 daughters and they edited/cropped in a picture of Nichol in the picture. I never post on FB or anywhere so I get it and I’m sure this means nothing but I did find it interesting. IMO
I also found that interesting. It reminded me of a Tabloid.

The point is nobody can really see what’s going on deep inside someone else’s head. People present themselves happy when they’re not, or they put on all kinds of acts. How many times are people surprised by a seemingly faithful, upright, god-fearing, harmless, quiet person cheating, stealing, lying, snapping, killing? It‘s as old as time.

I prefer following the evidence. NO doesn’t get a mother or beauty bonus from me. If they had found CW dead with two of his kids in her house and the ME ruled his death a suicide, how many would suspect NO?

NO might have been a good mom before all of this happened. CW might have been an affluent, entitled schmuck. But it doesn’t make him a murderer.

Honestly, I cant speak for anyone but myself. I have openly admitted that the only reason why I think CW is guilty is because of version of what happened that night. Which is "They had an argument, he left home that night, came back and found them dead" Yes this is not proof of guilt but I just found it rather too convenient.

I initially based my reasoning on the high % of murderers who have used the same analogy about leaving X and coming home to find X missing or dead. What strengthened my resolve were the following:

-CW admitting he had no alibi (correct me if I am wrong)
-FBI involvement (they don't get called by LE if they don't have a reason to)
-Hiring top defense attorneys. (These are not your typical family lawyers you have on payroll they hired the best defense lawyers. )
- Legal resistance to submit personal records
-No single call from NO to family and friends before alleged suicide
( I am not asking for a suicide note but I find it hard to believe that after their fight she wont called a single friend to vent about what happened before she decided to kill herself and kids. Just nothing! )
-Over 17 days+ and still an ongoing investigation (don't you find it strange that a so called open and shut case is taking to so long for LE to rule as a MS? I do! )

So yes, that's all I am basing it theory of CW guilt. Nothing to do with who NO was or if she was a good mom or not. As for motive? Passion of crime. Aren't most 90 % + of domestic murders passion of crime?

All MOO.

What facts to you feel we don’t have?
We know that 3 people are deceased, the ME put NO's death as suicide, but the sheriff is still investigating. We know CW was allegedly out of the house that night. I guess what I am saying is we don't have many facts. We have tons of opinions & suppositions, though.

Honestly, I cant speak for anyone but myself. I have openly admitted that the only reason why I think CW is guilty is because of version of what happened that night. Which is "They had an argument, he left home that night, came back and found them dead" Yes this is not proof of guilt but I just found it rather too convenient.

I initially based my reasoning on the high % of murderers who have used the same analogy about leaving X and coming home to find X missing or dead. What strengthened my resolve were the following:

-Hiring top defense attorneys. (These are not your typical family lawyers you have on payroll they hired the best defense lawyers. )
( I am not asking for a suicide note but I find it hard to believe that after their fight she wont called a single friend to vent about what happened before she decided to kill herself and kids. Just nothing! )
-Over 17 days+ and still an ongoing investigation (don't you find it strange that a so called open and shut case is taking to so long for LE to rule as a MS? I do! )

So yes, that's all I am basing it theory of CW guilt. Nothing to do with who NO was or if she was a good mom or not. As for motive? Passion of crime. Aren't most 90 % + of domestic murders passion of crime?

All MOO.
I missed the part about CW not having an alibi.

Its silly to me how so many people are saying that NO didn't do this herself because she was: to pretty, to happy, mentally fine or whatever other reason.

Most of us don't know who she really was as a person, and looks don't mean a thing when you're miserable, intoxicated, depressed/mentally unstable or you name it.

Also, calling a suicide selfish is i don't know.... I don't see it as a selfish thing to do. You don't commit suicide over nothing imo whether its a rational decision or not. Calling people that are suffering selfish is seflish imo or maybe a little ignorant because ''we'' can't imagine how its like to feel that way. I was suicidal years ago and never thought about leaving my loved ones behind and that this was a selfish thing to do. It does not cross a suicidal persons mind and many feel guilt or like a burden to their loved ones.

I'm curious to see the tox. results.

Most of us don’t really know who he was as a person either.

This has nothing to do with “looks” to me.

ETA: please forgive the Bold lettering. I’m on a new phone and can’t figure out how to undo it. I tried to Bold just the specific area I was commenting about. :/

Last edited:
We know that 3 people are deceased, the ME put NO's death as suicide, but the sheriff is still investigating. We know CW was allegedly out of the house that night. I guess what I am saying is we don't have many facts. We have tons of opinions & suppositions, though.
The “facts” we lack are anything that contradicts a murder/suicide scenario.

All MOO.

Thank you for rationally laying out your reasoning. It is helpful to me to see where your strong opinions come from. I appreciate that you shared this.

One very minor comment....do you mean “crime of passion” rather than “passion of crime”? Was wondering if that is a new turn of phrase that I am unfamiliar with.
Thanks!

I see what you are saying, but if it was as simple as that, why still investigate? Why call in the FBI? Seems IMO that the forensics are not clear in showing a m/s.
Calling in the FBI is a no-brainer for a department with limited resources. And why still investigate is a no-brainer too when the consequences of being wrong are catastrophic. This case is complicated only because, like so many m/s cases, the motive can never be conclusively explained when the only person who really knows is deceased.

All MOO.

It has been consistently reported that CW was at a relative’s home that night. ie had an alibi.

FBI involvement is easy to request—the Sheriff said as much in an interview. They will help if /when asked and Sheriff clearly isn’t used to a case with this much attention. He asked them only for technical and investigative assistance while leaving the ultimate determination of what happened in the hands of his local department. FBI helps with digital searches, etc. frequently.

CW would be crazy not to hire the best legal counsel. He’s being openly accused of murder, among other things, by all of NO’s family and friends. He can afford it. Why not??? Smart doesn’t mean guilty.

Sheriff has consistently described CW as “extremely cooperative.” Someone on this thread (maybe you?) started saying CW was preventing LE from obtaining records but this would be uncooperative behavior—and I’ve never heard Sheriff change his stance on that nor has anyone produced any link or other proof this is the case.

It’s unfortunate NO didnt call someone before she did this (although quite frankly we don’t even know if that is true)—maybe she would have changed her mind had she spoken to a friend. I personally think she didn’t want to be talked out of it as she had made up her mind. That has ZERO weight one way or the other in my mind.

17 days and CW hasn’t been arrested or even named a suspect. They are thoroughly investigating, as they should, especially with rumors and allegations being made by NO’s camp. For CW’s sake, I’m glad they are making it clear that they are going to get to the truth. So he has some small change of leading a normal life once this is over.

All of the above is IMO, MOO, etc. If some other evidence comes out, and CW is arrested, I will completely change my tune. Lastly, it’s unfair to accuse ppl who believe the ME findings of bashing NO. By believing CW didnt do it, we are by default saying NO did it, which feels wrong as she is no longer longer with us. But we shouldn’t feel bullied into not expressing our opinions, which is what I feel like her friends are doing on SM. No one wants it to be the case that a woman killed her own kids but unfortunately many of us believe that’s what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home