TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been consistently reported that CW was at a relative’s home that night. ie had an alibi.

FBI involvement is easy to request—the Sheriff said as much in an interview. They will help if /when asked and Sheriff clearly isn’t used to a case with this much attention. He asked them only for technical and investigative assistance while leaving the ultimate determination of what happened in the hands of his local department. FBI helps with digital searches, etc. frequently.

CW would be crazy not to hire the best legal counsel. He’s being openly accused of murder, among other things, by all of NO’s family and friends. He can afford it. Why not??? Smart doesn’t mean guilty.

Sheriff has consistently described CW as “extremely cooperative.” Someone on this thread (maybe you?) started saying CW was preventing LE from obtaining records but this would be uncooperative behavior—and I’ve never heard Sheriff change his stance on that nor has anyone produced any link or other proof this is the case.

It’s unfortunate NO didnt call someone before she did this (although quite frankly we don’t even know if that is true)—maybe she would have changed her mind had she spoken to a friend. I personally think she didn’t want to be talked out of it as she had made up her mind. That has ZERO weight one way or the other in my mind.

17 days and CW hasn’t been arrested or even named a suspect. They are thoroughly investigating, as they should, especially with rumors and allegations being made by NO’s camp. For CW’s sake, I’m glad they are making it clear that they are going to get to the truth. So he has some small change of leading a normal life once this is over.

All of the above is IMO, MOO, etc. If some other evidence comes out, and CW is arrested, I will completely change my tune. Lastly, it’s unfair to accuse ppl who believe the ME findings of bashing NO. By believing CW didnt do it, we are by default saying NO did it, which feels wrong as she is no longer longer with us. But we shouldn’t feel bullied into not expressing our opinions, which is what I feel like her friends are doing on SM. No one wants it to be the case that a woman killed her own kids but unfortunately many of us believe that’s what happened.
Well said! This was exactly the response I was thinking when reading through the original points. But I would add that maybe the reason she didn’t call a friend is because she didn’t want to burden them. There was another poster on here that was talking about their suicidal time and how to call suicide selfish hurts because in reality the suicidal person doesn’t want to be a burden to others.

Calling in the FBI is a no-brainer for a department with limited resources. And why still investigate is a no-brainer too when the consequences of being wrong are catastrophic. This case is complicated only because, like so many m/s cases, the motive can never be conclusively explained when the only person who really knows is deceased.
Point taken.

FWIW, I love my teenagers dearly, but I can't even think of the last time I was in a photo with either one of my kids.

Also, none of us are into selfies.
I get that. I only have a FB account and never post pictures. My son is much older now but when he was in elementary and middle school, I had a ton of pictures of us together.

However, NO, both fathers, London (I stumbled across hers while looking at her fathers IG pics) and her friends posted a lot on SM. There are hundreds of uploaded pictures on the tribute/justice for Nichol IG pages and on FB pages. All of the pictures are Nichol with friends out and about in social settings, but not one picture of her with her daughters. The only picture I saw was edited to add her into the picture. She had two daughters aged 10 and 16, who seemed to be involved in many activities, yet not one picture of them together. Like I said earlier, it probably means nothing but I do find it odd. IMO

My adult child lives with me, last picture I have of us together is college graduation. Husband and I is from our private wedding with just the pastor...selfie at the pulpit. I have mostly pics sent to me of new babies from stepkids and nieces etc. I tend to live in the moment and don’t take pictures. My opinion is that many people don’t take pictures that much and others do, not sure you can read anything from that

I get that. I only have a FB account and never post pictures. My son is much older now but when he was in elementary and middle school, I had a ton of pictures of us together.

However, NO, both fathers, London (I stumbled across hers while looking at her fathers IG pics) and her friends posted a lot on SM. There are hundreds of uploaded pictures on the tribute/justice for Nichol IG pages and on FB pages. All of the pictures are Nichol with friends out and about in social settings, but not one picture of her with her daughters. The only picture I saw was edited to add her into the picture. She had two daughters aged 10 and 16, who seemed to be involved in many activities, yet not one picture of them together. Like I said earlier, it probably means nothing but I do find it odd. IMO
That is odd! I can't write what I think because it might sound ugly toward NO.

My adult child lives with me, last picture I have of us together is college graduation. Husband and I is from our private wedding with just the pastor...selfie at the pulpit. I have mostly pics sent to me of new babies from stepkids and nieces etc. I tend to live in the moment and don’t take pictures. My opinion is that many people don’t take pictures that much and others do, not sure you can read anything from that
Yes, I understand that. I'm older than Nichol and my son is in his early twenties so I didn't grow up with this whole social media/IG thing but Nichol and her friends did. Considering there are hundreds of pictures of Nichol out with her friends, I do find it odd. IMO

But NO has lots of pictures of herself with others. It’s not like she was camera shy.

I’m not a big photo person either but I have selfies with my children because they (the teens mostly) just randomly will take my phone and take the selfie. I don’t mind because otherwise, I don’t get in front of the camera much. I have 6 kids from 2-22 and have photos with all of them in the last year, even a family photo we snapped at our church service on Christmas Eve and a random selfie we took of all 8 of us in an elevator on vacation.

Yes, I understand that. I'm older than Nichol and my son is in his early twenties so I didn't grow up with this whole social media/IG thing but Nichol and her friends did. Considering there are hundreds of pictures of Nichol out with her friends, I do find it odd. IMO
Well, I find it odd for her age and for the fact that she had children.

Last edited:
Wait, what ?
I understood from the beginning of this tragedy that he had a solid alibi ?

He says he was at a family member’s home in another city. Other than his word, it hasn’t been confirmed that his alibi officially checks out.

We also have no actual confirmation of estimated time of death. It’s entirely possible, IMO, that he truly did leave for his family member’s home as he said he did... but could still have possibly killed them immediately prior to leaving the home. Or I suppose it’s also possible he killed them immediately upon arriving home that morning, though I find that far more unlikely for several reasons.

If Nichol had shot the younger child first, the larger, older child could have made a successful effort to survive, e.g., grabbed the gun or struck Nichol.

And could also explain why the youngest child suffered two gunshots. Oldest was shot first and youngest had an instant to attempt to get away. First shot struck her neck, then she was shot the second time. IMO.

He says he was at a family member’s home in another city. Other than his word, it hasn’t been confirmed that his alibi officially checks out.

We also have no actual confirmation of estimated time of death. It’s entirely possible, IMO, that he truly did leave for his family member’s home as he said he did... but could still have possibly killed them immediately prior to leaving the home. Or I suppose it’s also possible he killed them immediately upon arriving home that morning, though I find that far more unlikely for several reasons.

But we have a coroner who ruled her death a suicide and that of the two girls as murders. We have a sheriff who flat out stated that CW is NOT a suspect.

Where are your links to LE and ME stating that NO was murdered (and further - sheriff says he needs to further investigate TWO murders, not three).
<modsnip discussing other forums >
I'll stick with the actual published reports and facts coming from the ME and sheriff for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
-CW admitting he had no alibi (correct me if I am wrong)

That is not true. In the future you might want to verify your MSM sources before posting something as inflammatory as that. From Friday's Express-News article:

Wheeler reported he had left the night before after getting into a conflict with Olsen. Investigators are still working to verify Wheeler’s whereabouts during the time period in question.

“We’re not necessarily doubting him or calling him a liar at this point,” Salazar said Thursday. “What we are doing is trying to verify or refute that independently… Cell phone tower records are probably going to be one of the big determining factors of that. Chances are wherever he was, he continued to use his cell phone.”

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect

Wow.

I spent last night and today reading all 30 pages to be up to speed before commenting.

I find some people in either camp extremely judgmental based on very superficial garbage.

After reading all pages I am 50/50.

The last couple of pages I see mention of her and mental illness and yet unless I missed it or forgot it in 30 pages, I saw no source for this whatsoever? People saying they are not judging on economic status, relationships, number of father say they are basing on mental issues? Where exactly does that come from?

The ones in his camp some almost seem like they are enamored. Not all, but some. The ones in hers some seem to not be able to believe a woman could do this and others seem like they base it on common scenarios of which when there is an argument admittedly the night before, it generally is the other person.

I find nothing odd about her not having recent pictures of herself with her children. Not ONE bit. People vary that way and her children also clearly were in activities and saw their fathers and possibly not on the same schedule either. The three being together may be rare with such busy lives, AND I myself have never been into selfies and it is not the interest of children that age either to have photos with family as much as with friends, etc.

When do you ever hear anyone called a suspect anymore unless they are at large or arrested? I can name recent cases where they will not even use the term POI ever. To use it says something to me.

He may be innocent but just because an ME called it a suicide is no reason whatsoever to not look further into this. I don't care if he is the god of MEs. How many suicides (alleged) through the years went down probably when they were murders? Especially in the day and age where they would not charge a circumstantial case, need a body, or need more evidence... Many have been found later when the person murdered again.

It of course is just the DM for a MSM source, but the one article several pages back said the sheriff said there has been trouble getting much video cam coverage. Really? In an area gated and will million dollar homes? Why?

To people that say if it was a man who killed his children and himself no one would question it, in those cases it is usually to punish the other spouse they take the children with. The bf here was not the parent of either child and I seriously doubt even had any affectionate ties with them.

Most ex-husbands or boyfriends would waste no time in trashing an ex and saying she was a nutcase, when she was with me she came at me with a knife, threw a vase at me, etc. No such thing is being said, just the opposite. Good mom, shows she can maintain a good relationship with an ex, etc. If they don't believe she could or would do it, that is very significant to me.

People talk about their different social "classes" and economic status. Gag. Cops have murdered, millionaires have murdered, politicians have murdered, poorer economic classed people have murdered. People have murdered in the name of God or a supposed leader of a church. Etc. Such assumptions kill me.

Did he ever have children or how successful have his relationships been? Never saw a word about it.

This may sound like I think he did it and I do not. I am undecided. But after 30 pages, I see a lot of looking into her, judging of her and who she knows but very little known about him other than PR .

Just saying...

That is not true. In the future you might want to verify your MSM sources before posting something as inflammatory as that. From Friday's Express-News article:

Wheeler reported he had left the night before after getting into a conflict with Olsen. Investigators are still working to verify Wheeler’s whereabouts during the time period in question.

“We’re not necessarily doubting him or calling him a liar at this point,” Salazar said Thursday. “What we are doing is trying to verify or refute that independently… Cell phone tower records are probably going to be one of the big determining factors of that. Chances are wherever he was, he continued to use his cell phone.”

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect
Thank you for bringing this forward, it’s very helpful.

Wow.

I spent last night and today reading all 30 pages to be up to speed before commenting.

I find some people in either camp extremely judgmental based on very superficial garbage.

After reading all pages I am 50/50.

The last couple of pages I see mention of her and mental illness and yet unless I missed it or forgot it in 30 pages, I saw no source for this whatsoever? People saying they are not judging on economic status, relationships, number of father say they are basing on mental issues? Where exactly does that come from?

The ones in his camp some almost seem like they are enamored. Not all, but some. The ones in hers some seem to not be able to believe a woman could do this and others seem like they base it on common scenarios of which when there is an argument admittedly the night before, it generally is the other person.

I find nothing odd about her not having recent pictures of herself with her children. Not ONE bit. People vary that way and her children also clearly were in activities and saw their fathers and possibly not on the same schedule either. The three being together may be rare with such busy lives, AND I myself have never been into selfies and it is not the interest of children that age either to have photos with family as much as with friends, etc.

When do you ever hear anyone called a suspect anymore unless they are at large or arrested? I can name recent cases where they will not even use the term POI ever. To use it says something to me.

He may be innocent but just because an ME called it a suicide is no reason whatsoever to not look further into this. I don't care if he is the god of MEs. How many suicides (alleged) through the years went down probably when they were murders? Especially in the day and age where they would not charge a circumstantial case, need a body, or need more evidence... Many have been found later when the person murdered again.

It of course is just the DM for a MSM source, but the one article several pages back said the sheriff said there has been trouble getting much video cam coverage. Really? In an area gated and will million dollar homes? Why?

To people that say if it was a man who killed his children and himself no one would question it, in those cases it is usually to punish the other spouse they take the children with. The bf here was not the parent of either child and I seriously doubt even had any affectionate ties with them.

Most ex-husbands or boyfriends would waste no time in trashing an ex and saying she was a nutcase, when she was with me she came at me with a knife, threw a vase at me, etc. No such thing is being said, just the opposite. Good mom, shows she can maintain a good relationship with an ex, etc. If they don't believe she could or would do it, that is very significant to me.

People talk about their different social "classes" and economic status. Gag. Cops have murdered, millionaires have murdered, politicians have murdered, poorer economic classed people have murdered. People have murdered in the name of God or a supposed leader of a church. Etc. Such assumptions kill me.

Did he ever have children or how successful have his relationships been? Never saw a word about it.

This may sound like I think he did it and I do not. I am undecided. But after 30 pages, I see a lot of looking into her, judging of her and who she knows but very little known about him other than PR ****.

Just saying...
I thought I read everything. Could you please direct me to LE saying they can't find video? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required