TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, might some stuff been packed by NO/kids before the M/S, or maybe they never completely unpacked? We don’t know.

“After the deaths, the Montez and Olsen families asked that their loved ones’ items be returned, said Therese Huntzinger, one of three San Antonio criminal defense lawyers representing Wheeler.

The property was delivered so the families would get those possessions back quickly and to spare them from incurring legal expenses trying to retrieve their loved ones’ things, Huntzinger said. She argued the belongings were handled professionally and with care.

I personally oversaw it,’ Huntzinger said of the packing and deliveries.

The Wheeler family paid for the shipments, she said.

[SBM]

She noted two garbage bags were used to pack large stuffed animals ‘that I don’t know of any other way to pack.’ She also tried to correct the spelling of Alexa’s name when she noticed the movers had written it incorrectly on the boxes.

‘I am sorry that not everybody knows how to spell Alexa ... What can we do? We weren’t going to go get new boxes because Alexa’s name was misspelled by one of the movers,’ Huntzinger said.” (BBM)
‘Pretty callous’ return of victims’ belongings stokes tensions between families after Anaqua Springs killings

IMO extending every courtesy to the fathers of murdered daughters is the right and kind thing to do. If LE agrees and precautions are taken, allowing them access to the murder scene would be a generous offer. Or asking if they'd like to come pack up the girls' things. I am a mother. If my daughter were murdered, I don't know if I'd want to visit the site. But I'd sure as hell want to have the choice. It says a lot to me that the Wheeler family seems to not behave in a kind or decent manner.

The Wheeler "family" are not POI's or suspects.

LE has no legal authority to allow someone else entry to a private home once it is released back to the owner.

JMO

In re-reading the article about the delivery of the deceased's personal items, I think the attorney being quoted sounds a bit defensive. (JMO, MOO, IMO.) I think the attorneys were handling something quickly and made a few mistakes, but this is really a situation that calls for taking your time and making sure there are zero mistakes. There should not have been any trash bags or misspellings involved. Even if NO had started packing (prior to her death) in trash bags, those trash bags should not be used to deliver a murdered child's items to her surviving relatives.

BBM

I absolutely agree. The quotes by the attorney sound defensive and rude. The part about “we weren’t going to go get new boxes just bc the name was spelled wrong” was just unnecessary IMO. A simple “the mover didn’t have the correct spelling which was an oversight on my part” or something along those lines would sound much more compassionate than how she came across.

I still stand by my opinion though that the level of anger and outrage isn’t really about boxes and spellings. It’s much, much bigger than that IMO. There but for the grace of God go I.

Also from the article:

(Huntzinger) added the Wheeler family is afraid for their safety because of outrage on social media about the case, including postings that revealed their phone numbers and home addresses.

“They feel threatened,” she said. “They’re having to circle around each other and protect themselves from what’s going on in the outside world that doesn’t know — or doesn’t want to believe — what truly happened in that home.”

Also from the article:

(Huntzinger) added the Wheeler family is afraid for their safety because of outrage on social media about the case, including postings that revealed their phone numbers and home addresses.

“They feel threatened,” she said. “They’re having to circle around each other and protect themselves from what’s going on in the outside world that doesn’t know — or doesn’t want to believe — what truly happened in that home.”
This is terrible and shouldn’t happen. Even if he’s arrested and found guilty, it shouldn’t happen. I’m thankful they are very wealthy and can afford to hire security and/or to shelter themselves away from public eye. I can’t imagine how frightening something like this would be if they still had to go about everyday life in order to pay their bills, go out to get groceries, go to work, etc. But this isn’t right, even if CW killed them. People need to take a huge step back and let LE and the FBI do their jobs.

I also got the impression the family wasn’t expecting the delivery of items when it arrived, though I could be mistaken on that part. If so, I think arrangements should’ve been made so the family wasn’t caught off guard, feeling like the items were being dumped on them unexpectedly.

Honestly, I suspect there’s nothing CW could do to do this “right” in their eyes. They seem to genuinely feel like he’s responsible for these deaths. I don’t expect Alexa’s father to be rational or understanding under the circumstances. Perhaps with time and more information, he will be able to look back with a clearer mind. Right now? I imagine it’s a struggle to breathe and function.
I do believe the family was given a heads-up:

“Days after Carlos Montez Jr. lost his 16-year-old daughter in a triple shooting in a gated subdivision near Leon Springs, his grief was compounded by the way her belongings were returned.

As he and his family waited outside their residence, a moving truck pulled up and dropped off seven boxes, a garbage bag and some plastic bins containing Alexa Denice Montez’s possessions retrieved from the sprawling luxury home where she was killed.“ (BBM)
‘Pretty callous’ return of victims’ belongings stokes tensions between families after Anaqua Springs killings

Any and every lawyer would tell the homeowner not to allow the grieving relatives access to the home in the circumstances. The risks are several and serious. Absolutely no upside.

Has it been written that they wanted access, or just the return of the personal effects?

The lawyer does come off as defensive, and when speaking to media it’s always good to speak in a less charged manner.

I do believe the family was given a heads-up:

“Days after Carlos Montez Jr. lost his 16-year-old daughter in a triple shooting in a gated subdivision near Leon Springs, his grief was compounded by the way her belongings were returned.

As he and his family waited outside their residence, a moving truck pulled up and dropped off seven boxes, a garbage bag and some plastic bins containing Alexa Denice Montez’s possessions retrieved from the sprawling luxury home where she was killed.“ (BBM)

Yes, it sounds like they knew they would be getting the belongings back.

Any and every lawyer would tell the homeowner not to allow the grieving relatives access to the home in the circumstances. The risks are several and serious. Absolutely no upside.

Has it been written that they wanted access, or just the return of the personal effects?

The lawyer does come off as defensive, and when speaking to media it’s always good to speak in a less charged manner.

They thought that they would be escourted by LE to CW's house to let relatives who had been in the house to get personal effects.

Thank you! That is what I have been wondering!
IMO, all three fathers, NO’s grown son, and NO’s brother would all automatically need to be excluded as possible POI/suspects. I think this mostly because of statistics in crimes like this. LE tends to try to rule out the obvious possibilities. It could be as simple as verifying that each of these folks were nowhere near the home that night. I definitely wouldn’t want to be home alone with no contact with the outside world on that particular night if I were them. Just to keep my life as simple as possible.

So there are more than one POI they are looking at?

That boyfriend, Charlie Wheeler, 31, is a “person of interest,” but not a suspect in the case, Salazar said in an interview with the San Antonio Express-News.

“A person of interest is just somebody that we’re interested in talking to,” Salazar said.

Wheeler is not the only person drawing such scrutiny. The sheriff’s office is looking at others as well, Salazar confirmed.

Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ but not a suspect

It may be possible the attorney did not notice, or did not know that Alexa's name was spelled wrong. And IMO, relatives have to reason to go to CW's home, under the circumstances.
An earlier post has a quote from the attorney stating she realized Alexa’s name was spelled wrong, she tried to correct it by crossing out the extra letter, and they weren’t going to go get new boxes just because the name was spelled wrong.

I wonder if in hindsight, they wish they’d been a bit more cautious in spelling the name correctly. We’re talking about seven boxes. Why wouldn’t you get seven new boxes? This one attorney’s hourly fee to “oversee” this project could probably cover the cost of an entire U Haul store worth of boxes.

IMO, all three fathers, NO’s grown son, and NO’s brother would all automatically need to be excluded as possible POI/suspects. I think this mostly because of statistics in crimes like this. LE tends to try to rule out the obvious possibilities. It could be as simple as verifying that each of these folks were nowhere near the home that night. I definitely wouldn’t want to be home alone with no contact with the outside world on that particular night if I were them. Just to keep my life as simple as possible.
Not quite sure what you mean by "automatically." Do you mean, first? I would say they were on the POI list. Based on some research I did, I am not able to rule relatives out. This is IMO.

An earlier post has a quote from the attorney stating she realized Alexa’s name was spelled wrong, she tried to correct it by crossing out the extra letter, and they weren’t going to go get new boxes just because the name was spelled wrong.

I wonder if in hindsight, they wish they’d been a bit more cautious in spelling the name correctly. We’re talking about seven boxes. Why wouldn’t you get seven new boxes? This one attorney’s hourly fee to “oversee” this project could probably cover the cost of an entire U Haul store worth of boxes.
It seems the relatives are on the lookout for anything that dissatisfies them, IMHO.

Not quite sure what you mean by "automatically." Do you mean, first? I would say they were on the POI list. Based on some research I did, I am not able to rule relatives out. This is IMO.
I mean those men in NO’s life would automatically make the list of folks that LE would want to talk to. Any time a woman is killed violently, top of the list would be her spouse/significant other/boyfriend, ex-spouse/ex-SO/ex-bf, then any other major male relatives in her life. Statistics tell us these are the people who kill women as a general rule. If none of those seem to have done it, expand from there.

It may be possible the attorney did not notice, or did not know that Alexa's name was spelled wrong. And IMO, relatives have to reason to go to CW's home, under the circumstances.

It was his house, they are accusing him and berating him and his family at every turn.

They absolutely did not need to be in his house. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23
Back