TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you to the member submitting articles and for the mods opening the case.
THANK YOU to member @TGIRecovered for submitting this MSM article for approval to post. It is new info that is prompting us to REOPEN this thread for discussion at this time.

Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case

Please post according to TOS.
This article is PACKED full of new information. Due to TOS limited on how much we can copy here. Please read.
My questions...I wonder why the paternity question came up? What does that have to do with what followed? So many angles of possibility there. Who is the persons of interest? I have forgotten?

From the article: BBM

Both of the girls’ fathers have been very outspoken about the case, but new details show that there was a question about one of the girl’s paternity.
Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators.

We asked the Sheriff’s Office for a comment. In a written statement, Sheriff Javier Salazar said, “After reviewing the case file in its entirety I decided to kick it back to investigators. There are too many unanswered questions in my opinion. Several questions with no documentation to support their answers. I am not satisfied with this as a final work product.”
Since the death of Olsen, Alexa and London, at least one life insurance policy has been paid out, according to the oldest girl’s father. As of today, the Sheriff’s Office says they still have persons of interest but no suspects in this case.

Instead, Sheriff Javier Salazar said in a statement that the case was sent back to investigators. He also accused the victim’s family attorney of “seeking to profit from this tragedy.”

snip

KENS 5 also spoke with the Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher. He said he's taking the case pro bono and has even lost money by representing the family.

He believes Salazar is running out the deadline for a civil suit.

"This is the problem with Sheriff Salazar. He was always a PR guy, not really an investigator, a field officer. And so he is, you know, appearance over substance," Hoelscher said. "Sheriff Salazar made some strong comments about the guilt of Charlie Wheeler early in the case, and I think that as a result of those ill-advised comments, and the embarrassment he's suffered from that, he may be dragging his feet to prevent a lawsuit."

Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com

THANK YOU to member @TGIRecovered for submitting this MSM article for approval to post. It is new info that is prompting us to REOPEN this thread for discussion at this time.

Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case

Please post according to TOS.

It may just be the wording, but I'm confused. What statute of limitations/civil lawsuit?

On that same date, Hector Bribiesca’s attorney said "London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want to know what it is. Nobody is saying that London did anything wrong, so we don’t have a dog in that hunt, they just want to know what happened because they need to move on with their lives."

BBM. This seems like odd wording, considering the context. I need to go back and refresh myself on the case, because I am really confused lol.

WOW WOW WOW. So glad this thread is back open. This was such a tragedy. My daughter knows some of the same people the oldest daughter did, although she didn’t know her.
All of this new information is making me rethink things, but it’s still all so confusing! What a mess. I sincerely hope the investigation finally does get to the bottom of who was responsible for their deaths. I hope it’s not just being dragged out for personal reasons, but I don’t think that’s the case. MOO.

It may just be the wording, but I'm confused. What statute of limitations/civil lawsuit?

BBM. This seems like odd wording, considering the context. I need to go back and refresh myself on the case, because I am really confused lol.
YES! Such weird wording. Of course the girl did nothing wrong. She was murdered! What the heck does that mean and why say it?

eta I think the civil lawsuit refers to the sheriff possibly being sued by the bf who he commented about early on. Crazy stuff....

Thank you to the member submitting articles and for the mods opening the case.

This article is PACKED full of new information. Due to TOS limited on how much we can copy here. Please read.
My questions...I wonder why the paternity question came up? What does that have to do with what followed? So many angles of possibility there. Who is the persons of interest? I have forgotten?

From the article: BBM

Both of the girls’ fathers have been very outspoken about the case, but new details show that there was a question about one of the girl’s paternity.
Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators.

We asked the Sheriff’s Office for a comment. In a written statement, Sheriff Javier Salazar said, “After reviewing the case file in its entirety I decided to kick it back to investigators. There are too many unanswered questions in my opinion. Several questions with no documentation to support their answers. I am not satisfied with this as a final work product.”
Since the death of Olsen, Alexa and London, at least one life insurance policy has been paid out, according to the oldest girl’s father. As of today, the Sheriff’s Office says they still have persons of interest but no suspects in this case.

Perhaps the other policy has not been paid out due to a paternity issue? Some of the statements are confusing. Jmo

Last edited:
Perhaps the other policy has not been paid out due to a paternity issue? Some of the statements are confusing. Jmo

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. I thought I was maybe having reading comprehension issues today or something.

I wonder if the policy was on Nichol, or if the kids had their own policies. I never understood life insurance policies for kids. JMO

From the linked article:

“Nichol’s boyfriend, Charlie Wheeler, was named a person of interest in the case. But no one has been charged in their deaths.”

IMO, he’ll never be charged, but it’s disgraceful that Salazar would intentionally delay the conclusion of the investigation in order to attempt to prevent the family from filing a civil suit against Wheeler.

From the linked article:

“Nichol’s boyfriend, Charlie Wheeler, was named a person of interest in the case. But no one has been charged in their deaths.”

IMO, he’ll never be charged, but it’s disgraceful that Salazar would intentionally delay the conclusion of the investigation in order to attempt to prevent the family from filing a civil suit against Wheeler.
Thank you, I missed that totally. I guess that is what happens when you are multi-tasking and trying to read quickly! I will have to go back in the thread but I don't believe we were allowed to sleuth him?

Sheriff's Actions? Wrongful Death Claims?
From the linked article: “Nichol’s boyfriend, Charlie Wheeler, was named a person of interest in the case. But no one has been charged in their deaths.” IMO, he’ll never be charged, but it’s disgraceful that Salazar would intentionally delay the conclusion of the investigation in order to attempt to prevent the family from filing a civil suit against Wheeler.
@nightowl1975 Thx for your post, but not sure I'm following the bbm. Is post saying ---
1. Sheriff's reactivating crim investigation may or does prevent family from filing civil suit for wrongful deaths of NO's daughters, against whoever family thinks is responsible? Respectfully, disagree. Sheriff's action would not cause a bar. The civil case & crim cases are independent of each other.
2. If family's petition is not filed soon, within two years of date of death,* civil case would be barred, i.e., judge would dismiss civil case because the civil Stat/Lim. expires 2 yrs post-death? Yes, agree.

If I misunderstand, my apologies. I may have missed the point and/or have forgotten important details of thread.
Also per TX statute* iiuc, only the Father of each of the daughters may file WD claim. {{{ETA: My saying only the Father = my bad, as I overlooked "the representative of the deceased person's estate" as another who may file wrongful death suit. It appears that an atty may be rep'ing one of the dau's estate, iirc.***}}} my2cts.
*** "Joe Hoelscher, a lawyer for the Nichol Olsen’s daughter London Sophia Bribiescas, 10..."
Sheriff claims Anaqua Springs victims family attorney threatens him in email

Nov 24, 2020

Last edited:
From the linked article:

Ohhhhh is that what was meant by the civil case? I am also confused! :p

Thank you, I missed that totally. I guess that is what happens when you are multi-tasking and trying to read quickly! I will have to go back in the thread but I don't believe we were allowed to sleuth him?
I’m not sure it was ever publicly stated in MSM that he was a POI, so we weren’t allowed to sleuth him. I may be remembering wrong though. Per this article, however, he is absolutely outright named a POI, so we should now be allowed to sleuth him I believe.

I’m not sure it was ever publicly stated in MSM that he was a POI, so we weren’t allowed to sleuth him. I may be remembering wrong though. Per this article, however, he is absolutely outright named a POI, so we should now be allowed to sleuth him I believe.
Ok, my memory is terribly off. He was publicly listed as a POI. Carry on.

From the linked article:

Ok I kept having problems finding this but soon realized I was looking at the wrong article! I think I will report this post to ask if he is sleuthable now. He is clearly named in this article. Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com
Linking again but thanks to @bears10 for sharing.
From the article linked above and in quote below.
BBM

Nichol’s boyfriend, Charlie Wheeler, was named a person of interest in the case. But no one has been charged in their deaths.
Instead, Sheriff Javier Salazar said in a statement that the case was sent back to investigators. He also accused the victim’s family attorney of “seeking to profit from this tragedy.”

snip

KENS 5 also spoke with the Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher. He said he's taking the case pro bono and has even lost money by representing the family.

He believes Salazar is running out the deadline for a civil suit.

"This is the problem with Sheriff Salazar. He was always a PR guy, not really an investigator, a field officer. And so he is, you know, appearance over substance," Hoelscher said. "Sheriff Salazar made some strong comments about the guilt of Charlie Wheeler early in the case, and I think that as a result of those ill-advised comments, and the embarrassment he's suffered from that, he may be dragging his feet to prevent a lawsuit."

Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retired Chief67
Back