TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did LE give a statement that there was multiple surveillance videos showing that CW departed at 10pm that evening and did not return until the next morning?
Since there was no video at his home?

not specifically. But according to friends, his surveillance cameras were not in use. The sheriff mentioned surveillance video. That only leaves neighbors, and/or business. They watched something.

Attachments

• 836B121D-5D44-42B4-B8F6-6C971836E44D.jpeg
    836B121D-5D44-42B4-B8F6-6C971836E44D.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I’m also now wondering what happened when CW’s mom realized she had a missed call or message from NO? Did she call back, tell CW, had she been told don’t answer? All important questions too. Did NO often talk with her? Was it unusual for her to call? Was it a threat? I’m gonna tell your mom?

I’m not sure what to think here with the cases. I’d file them if it was the only way to push for evidence or to get my loved ones name possibly cleared. Maybe the cases are truly about finding the truth and not about money or blaming CW for not recognizing NO was unstable. Maybe it’s just about continued focus—- which to me sounds like it’s working.

But...What line is crossed when you know someone is unstable and you just might want them to cross it? I’m not familiar with it but seem to recall a case of a girlfriend charged or convicted in her boyfriends suicide?

But...What line is crossed when you know someone is unstable and you just might want them to cross it? I’m not familiar with it but seem to recall a case of a girlfriend charged or convicted in her boyfriends suicide?

Are you thinking of this?

Death of Conrad Roy - Wikipedia

I don’t get that impression here but moo

Leaving: Cooling Off or Killing?
....It sounds like all of that information indicates he left that night, like he said. Leaving during a heated exchange is what you’re *supposed* to do. I can’t figure out how that’s suspicious to some.
@Txgirl08 Agreeing w you --- to cool off after a couple's argument, separating is often the recommended practice. Just talking general procedure here, not about anyone's culpability in these deaths.

Criminal issue. Some ppl may see Wheeler's leaving suspicious rather than benign, because often the stereotypical Intimate Partner killer leaves the home after homicide. Also think his alibi may have been difficult for LE to verify, so he would have been a PoI or suspect, at least initially.

Civil issue. If ^ post is saying --- Wheeler's leaving home for hours after heated exchange was not a negligent act which allowed Nichol access to gun, and that clears him from liability in Fathers' wrongful death lawsuits, well, we'll see what happens in court. IDK. my2cts.

ETA: And another point some would offer it's Wheeler's home, why should he leave, instead of her? She could have taken the dau's or left the dau's for the night and gone elsewhere. Does anyone know if Nichol still maintained a house or apt elsewhere?

Last edited:
Leaving: Cooling Off or Killing?
@Txgirl08 Agreeing w you --- to cool off after a couple's argument, separating is often the recommended practice. Just talking general procedure here, not about anyone's culpability in these deaths.

Criminal issue. Some ppl may see Wheeler's leaving suspicious rather than benign, because often the stereotypical Intimate Partner killer leaves the home after homicide. Also think his alibi may have been difficult for LE to verify, so he would have been a PoI or suspect, at least initially.

Civil issue. If ^ post is saying --- Wheeler's leaving home for hours after heated exchange was not a negligent act which allowed Nichol access to gun, and that clears him from liability in Fathers' wrongful death lawsuits, well, we'll see what happens in court. IDK. my2cts.

ETA: And another point some would offer it's Wheeler's home, why should he leave, instead of her? She could have taken the dau's or left the dau's for the night and gone elsewhere. Does anyone know if Nichol still maintained a house or apt elsewhere?
And what about responsible gun safety? Was it locked up? Was NO the only one who knew how to retrieve it?

PENAL CODE CHAPTER 46. WEAPONS

"IT IS UNLAWFUL TO STORE, TRANSPORT, OR ABANDON AN UNSECURED FIREARM IN A PLACE WHERE CHILDREN ARE LIKELY TO BE AND CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE FIREARM."

I’m so confused by this case. IMO... The cell phone records, text messages, gps, and time stamped surveillance videos from the neighbors/businesses along the route to his parents house should tell the whole story. All of which the sheriff mentioned he had already reviewed. Along with the FBI. It sounds like all of that information indicates he left that night, like he said. Leaving during a heated exchange is what you’re *supposed* to do. I can’t figure out how that’s suspicious to some.
It's LE who are suspicious, they're the ones who aren't closing the case.

It's LE who are suspicious, they're the ones who aren't closing the case.

If you believe that multiple law enforcement agencies conspired to cover the tracks of a triple murderer.. then I can understand how that would appear suspicious. “It’s one big cover up” seems to be the stance a lot of her friends have taken on SM.

I don’t share that opinion though. To me, it appears as though these different agencies are spending more attention, time, and resources investigating this case, than the bulk majority of cases they come across.

Either way, CWs behavior, from what’s been released and implied from investigators, doesn’t meet my own personal threshold of “suspicious”, to brand him a murderer. IMO of course.

Gun Accessible to Children?
And what about responsible gun safety? Was it locked up? Was NO the only one who knew how to retrieve it?
"IT IS UNLAWFUL TO STORE, TRANSPORT, OR ABANDON AN UNSECURED FIREARM IN A PLACE WHERE CHILDREN ARE LIKELY TO BE AND CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE FIREARM."
@diggndeeperstill Good point and thank you for the link.
Iirc, both dau's were under age 17, but afaik, LE has not released info indicating either dau accessed or fired gun.
Not sure how/if this statute would apply to any possible criminal proceedings against CW, if that's what ^ post was suggesting.
As I read it --- the ^ capitalized language [in "g)" below] applies to signs that
gun dealers must post on their premises; wording is general. The language re failure to secure guns from children - and circumstances in which a person commits a crime for doing that - is more detailed and applies only if child gains access to gun.
my2cts.

(2) "Readily dischargeable firearm" means a firearm that is loaded with ammunition, whether or not a round is in the chamber.
(3) "Secure" means to take steps that a reasonable person would take to prevent the access to a readily dischargeable firearm by a child, including but not limited to placing a firearm in a locked container or temporarily rendering the firearm inoperable by a trigger lock or other means.
(b) A person commits an offense if a child gains access to a readily dischargeable firearm and the person with criminal negligence:
(1) failed to secure the firearm; or
(2) left the firearm in a place to which the person knew or should have known the child would gain access.
(c) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that the child's access to the firearm:
(1) was supervised by a person older than 18 years of age and was for hunting, sporting, or other lawful purposes;
(2) consisted of lawful defense by the child of people or property;
(3) was gained by entering property in violation of this code; or
(4) occurred during a time when the actor was engaged in an agricultural enterprise.
(d) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
(e) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor if the child discharges the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury to himself or another person....
g) A dealer of firearms shall post in a conspicuous position on the premises where the dealer conducts business a sign that contains the following warning in block letters not less than one inch in height:

^ bbm

A second lawsuit has been filed against Charles Edward Wheeler for the shooting deaths of his girlfriend and her two daughters at his Anaqua Springs Ranch home two years ago.
Carlos Montez Jr. of San Antonio, the father of Clark High School sophomore and cheerleader Alexa Denice Montez, 16, has sued Charles Edward Wheeler, 33, accusing him of gross negligence and seeking wrongful death, survival and exemplary damages of more than $1 million.
The suit, filed Jan. 11, is the second lawsuit attempting to blame Wheeler for the deaths by accusing him of allowing Olsen to get access to a gun he kept in a bedside table.

The lawsuit claims Wheeler “knew or had reason to know that the girls were in trouble” and that he sent multiple text messages to Olsen’s brother, Justin Olsen, starting at 11:31 p.m. that night, which provided evidence of “an escalating situation and need to take reasonable measures.”

According to the lawsuit, Wheeler’s text messages asked Justin Olsen to check on his sister, stating she had been acting “really strange” and that she had been “on some kind of pills.” Justin Olsen responded, telling Wheeler that his sister didn’t answer his calls.
The lawsuit also claims Wheeler sent a text message to 16-year-old Alexa Montez the same night that said “I left your mom making me worried.” Someone using the teen’s phone then sent a text message to Wheeler’s phone that said “Are you here? I think she’s talking to herself.” That was followed by an emoji indicating fright, the lawsuit said.

A second lawsuit has been filed against Charles Edward Wheeler for the shooting deaths of his girlfriend and her two daughters at his Anaqua Springs Ranch home two years ago.
Carlos Montez Jr. of San Antonio, the father of Clark High School sophomore and cheerleader Alexa Denice Montez, 16, has sued Charles Edward Wheeler, 33, accusing him of gross negligence and seeking wrongful death, survival and exemplary damages of more than $1 million.
The suit, filed Jan. 11, is the second lawsuit attempting to blame Wheeler for the deaths by accusing him of allowing Olsen to get access to a gun he kept in a bedside table.

The lawsuit claims Wheeler “knew or had reason to know that the girls were in trouble” and that he sent multiple text messages to Olsen’s brother, Justin Olsen, starting at 11:31 p.m. that night, which provided evidence of “an escalating situation and need to take reasonable measures.”

According to the lawsuit, Wheeler’s text messages asked Justin Olsen to check on his sister, stating she had been acting “really strange” and that she had been “on some kind of pills.” Justin Olsen responded, telling Wheeler that his sister didn’t answer his calls.
The lawsuit also claims Wheeler sent a text message to 16-year-old Alexa Montez the same night that said “I left your mom making me worried.” Someone using the teen’s phone then sent a text message to Wheeler’s phone that said “Are you here? I think she’s talking to herself.” That was followed by an emoji indicating fright, the lawsuit said.
:( It’s all so sad. It really breaks my heart. I just don’t think her family/friends can put this all on CW. Were there signs before that night? I also think that if CW asked the girls to leave with him, they probably would not have left their mother. He knew she loved her daughters and I’m sure he never thought she would harm them. Does her brother live in San Antonio? If so, could he have driven over there to check on her? I don’t know..... Did her friends notice unusual behavior or did she hide it? I can understand her family wanting to blame someone but in these murder/suicide cases, I’m not sure how blame can be put on another person and I’m not sure how to prevent them. Sorry, I’m just thinking out loud and rambling. This case makes me very sad. :(

Exactly. The fathers are not saying that CW murdered them. I don’t believe the PI found any evidence that CW killed them. MOO

I know it’s hard to think a mother can do that, but it has been done. I think that if the PI was able to see all the info and give their conclusion and it was otherwise then their civil cases would have been wrongful death ones which would give them the opportunity to bring to light the evidence the PI saw and wasn’t able to share. It is my opinion that all they have is stuff pointing to Nichol doing it and nothing else. I think a lot of effort would have to go in to attempting to stage a triple homicide to make it look like a suicide homidcide and while doing that there would be very obvious slip ups that would not take this long to find. I thought he did it for a long time because I didn’t want to believe a mother could do it but like I said it happens.

@Dayday7
I agree with your post above with the exception that you thought he was guilty at first.
The article MimosaMornings posted below includes this, dated 2/11/20. “The Bribiescas family believes that had this legislation been used in London’s case, it may have prevented the tragedy”.
It appears the family believed it was a murder/suicide as well. MOO

I believe CW cared deeply for Nichol and her two daughters but probably wanted out of the relationship and her out of the house. He’s a wealthy, young, handsome man that was probably somewhat of a playboy (my own speculation). It was his house and his money. He had zero motivation to murder them. MOO

Anaqua Springs tragedy timeline, case still unsolved

“2/11/20

Family of the youngest Anaqua Springs murder victim, London Bribiescas, announced their push for 'red flag' laws on the day she would have turned 12.

Red flag law would allow for temporary court-ordered removal of guns from people who are considered to be a danger to themselves or others.

The Bribiescas family believes that had this legislation been used in London's case, it may have prevented the tragedy.”

I thought CW left the house at 10pm. Why not just release the location of CWs phone when he sent the text to Justin and Alexa? He clearly was using his phone.

Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths

The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.
And now we have texts at 11:31pm the same night to JO, Nichol’s brother from CW.
With no answer from Nichol.

If you believe that multiple law enforcement agencies conspired to cover the tracks of a triple murderer.. then I can understand how that would appear suspicious. “It’s one big cover up” seems to be the stance a lot of her friends have taken on SM.

I don’t share that opinion though. To me, it appears as though these different agencies are spending more attention, time, and resources investigating this case, than the bulk majority of cases they come across.

Either way, CWs behavior, from what’s been released and implied from investigators, doesn’t meet my own personal threshold of “suspicious”, to brand him a murderer. IMO of course.
Who on here is branding him a murderer? I think if the goal is to argue against FB posts, then do that on FB. WS is not FB.

Who on here is branding him a murderer? I think if the goal is to argue against FB posts, then do that on FB. WS is not FB.

Suspicious <adjective> Having or showing cautious distrust towards someone or something.

In what other context are you labeling LE suspicious then?? You are essentially questioning the motives of several different LE agencies, including the FBI. My apologies if I misunderstood your intentions with that post... but I’m confused as to what you meant.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana
Back