TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case

It was this article. It is a bit ambiguous because it referenced the fathers not believing Nichol did the shooting, and London’s father wanting the case closed, and the lawsuit being launched, but did not say in the article that London’s father now accepted Nichol did the shooting.

Also the lawyer:
On that same date, Hector Bribiesca’s attorney said "London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want to know what it is..... they just want to know what happened because they need to move on with their lives."

Which didn’t sound to me like they knew what had happened and had accepted Nichol did it.

Last edited:
I had a family member threaten to stab me one day, I called the police, the police told me;
“We cannot do anything on a threat, the person has to act violently toward you for the person to get a psyc evaluation;
I was very concerned after working many years as a psychiatric nurse... Law enforcement was not concerned at all...
Based on this, and her boyfriend being away that night; I do not see how her boyfriend can be responsible:
Her son, might be more knowledgeable about his mother’s mental health history, and past psychiatric records...
Especially in multiple relationships, over the years, with multiple children, history is essential; boyfriend might not have known her history, if one exists...

Yes, very true...her bfriend may not have be aware of her history, if this is something that has happened in the past, w/past relationships.

The son didnt currently live w/her and CW did he? I dont remember reading that.

ETA: wondering if this had been something that had been brewing for awhile...

Wheeler’s attorney, Therese Huntzinger, is representing him for the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office investigation, but not the civil suit.

“I feel like I was reading some chapter out of some made-up fiction crime story,” Huntzinger said. “You can say whatever you need to say in a civil lawsuit and none of that has to be true. There’s no proof of anything that’s in there.”

In November, Salazar announced his intention for the case to close by the end of 2020. However, it was eventually sent back to investigators.

The Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher, sent KENS 5 a lengthy statement about BCSO’s handling of the case and the recently filed suit. He said, in part:

“We cannot rely on BCSO for answers into why this tragedy happened. We have no choice but to believe Salazar when he says multiple people have failed to properly investigate and that BCSO is treating their investigation as a cold case. We have called upon Salazar to involve independent investigators from the FBI without response.
New lawsuit in Anaqua Springs case blames ex-boyfriend for deaths | kens5.com
I do not understand the boyfriend’s involvement in a law suit:
I would think he removed himself from the home that night in order to defuse the situation; probably thinking if she was upset she might settle down in his absence...
Has she shown a tendency toward violent acts toward her daughters, or any others, in the past?

[QUOTE="DEB-Z, post: 16566820, member: 46952"]I do not understand the boyfriend’s involvement in a law suit:
I would think he removed himself from the home that night in order to defuse the situation; probably thinking if she was upset she might settle down in his absence.
Has she shown a tendency toward violent acts toward her daughters, or any others, in the past?[/QUOTE]

BBM I think CW is named in this lawsuit because he and his family have money.
I’ve followed this case from the beginning and have always believed this was a tragic murder/suicide. IIRC the FBI got involved and surely they looked at the digital footprint and locations of CW that night, including his family and friends. I think the Sheriff is still hesitant to close the case because of the huge public outcry of Nichols friends/family saying she would never do this. I think the new information regarding paternity issues that night, could have led to a huge fight between Nichol and her daughter(s). If there was some yelling and arguing, I can see CW leaving the house that night to get away. This is such a sad case and my heart goes out to Nichols family but I just don’t think CW is responsible for what happened that night. MOO

ETA I messed up the quotes and don’t know how to fix it.

[QUOTE="DEB-Z, post: 16566820, member: 46952"]I do not understand the boyfriend’s involvement in a law suit:
I would think he removed himself from the home that night in order to defuse the situation; probably thinking if she was upset she might settle down in his absence.
Has she shown a tendency toward violent acts toward her daughters, or any others, in the past?

[/QUOTE] BBM I think CW is named in this lawsuit because he and his family have money.
I’ve followed this case from the beginning and have always believed this was a tragic murder/suicide. IIRC the FBI got involved and surely they looked at the digital footprint and locations of CW that night, including his family and friends. I think the Sheriff is still hesitant to close the case because of the huge public outcry of Nichols friends/family saying she would never do this. I think the new information regarding paternity issues that night, could have led to a huge fight between Nichol and her daughter(s). If there was some yelling and arguing, I can see CW leaving the house that night to get away. This is such a sad case and my heart goes out to Nichols family but I just don’t think CW is responsible for what happened that night. MOO

ETA I messed up the quotes and don’t know how to fix it. [/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you, I've never felt CW was responsible for their deaths. IMO, this lawsuit is a money grab by people that can't accept that this was a murder/suicide. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why it is taking so loooong for Salazar to close this case.

@DropthePuck
I don’t understand what’s taking so long either. He was re-elected in November with 62% of the vote. Maybe I misread the most recent article, but didn’t he say something about agreeing with the medical examiner’s finding? However, he wants to start the investigation all over again. The article was poorly written and confusing so who knows. MOO

Starting Again or ?
@DropthePuck .... but didn’t he say something about agreeing with the medical examiner’s finding? However, he wants to start the investigation all over again. The article was poorly written and confusing so who knows. MOO
@Backstroke10 sbm Not sure if sheriff actually wants investigators to start at square one. Maybe, but from quote I get the impression he expects newly assigned personnel to review earlier investigation & follow up any leads not previously checked. My2cts, could be wrong.

A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA (Jan 2021 )
“The case was not handled to the level that I believe that it should have, especially in light of the fact that we’ve been at it for two years now,” said Salazar. He has reassigned the case to other investigators." bbm

Starting Again or ?
@Backstroke10 sbm Not sure if sheriff actually wants investigators to start at square one. Maybe, but from quote I get the impression he expects newly assigned personnel to review earlier investigation & follow up any leads not previously checked. My2cts, could be wrong.

A shakeup in the Bexar County Sheriff's chain of command | KTSA (Jan 2021 )
“The case was not handled to the level that I believe that it should have, especially in light of the fact that we’ve been at it for two years now,” said Salazar. He has reassigned the case to other investigators." bbm
Thank you al66pine. I couldn’t remember the exact wording but I think your right. Your amazing with getting details on all these cases, like the Suzanne Morphew case. TY :)

Details? Correct?
Thank you al66pine. I couldn’t remember the exact wording but I think your right. Your amazing with getting details on all these cases, like the Suzanne Morphew case. TY :)
@Backstroke10 Thx for reading & responding to my post, but I am not "right." My interp may be correct; yours may be correct. Or both of us may be partially correct.

Yes, I notice details, in large part, after reading a post, because I go back, reread the original MSM source it referred to, and then use quotes. <---That, instead of relying on my :D often-flimsy memory :D .

Thanks for saying "amazing" (unlike a certain person in the household who says I sometimes :D "split hairs" ETA: but who is only teasing. :D LOL :D).
TYVM.

Last edited:
Details? Correct?
@Backstroke10 Thx for reading & responding to my post, but I am not "right." My interp may be correct; yours may be correct. Or both of us may be partially correct.

Yes, I notice details, in large part, after reading a post, because I go back, reread the original MSM source it referred to, and then use quotes. <---That, instead of relying on my :D often-flimsy memory :D .

Thanks for saying "amazing" (unlike a certain person in the household who says I sometimes :D "split hairs" ETA: but who is only teasing. :D LOL :D).
TYVM.
:D:p well you are amazing and I wish I had your attention to detail, so thank YOU. :)
I’m glad your following this case. I sure hope we get more information and some definitive answers soon. MOO

Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths

The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.

The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.

Wow.... to be clear with what that says ....

Those calls were made with Nichol’s phone!!! Why was she calling 911! Did some one hang up for her???? This brings up more questions for me.

Also from the story:

Several sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that Nichol Olsen’s phone records show the mother made five calls just after 11 p.m. on the night of the incident.

Nichol Olsen: FOUR 911 calls made before triple deaths of mom and two young daughters, found shot to death inside lavish mansion

“Another lawsuit was filed on January 8 by Hector Bribiescas, the father of London. The lawsuit accuses Wheeler of ignoring Olsen’s escalating behavior during the night they argued and failing to protect the children.

“On the night of the incident in question, (Wheeler) knew that Nichol Olsen was acting irregularly and was not in the right state of mind,” the lawsuit stated. “Wheeler knew Olsen’s behavior was escalating, was erratic and highly emotional and was potentially threatening and/or could lead to actual violence.”

The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered.
RSBM

This jumped out at me. Why would NO call her boyfriend's mother at 11 pm, and when the call wasn't answered, then try to call 911? Why didn't the 911 calls go through?

I think that until LE can answer those kinds of questions, they will not close a case. IMO it's not just about the physical evidence, autopsy, etc, police need to have a satisfactory theory of the crime that explains it, in a narrative form, that makes sense.

IMO, an apparently well-balanced woman shooting her two daughters and then committing suicide is an extremely unusual act, that can't just be written off as "oh, she must have been upset or something (shrug)". IMO it's appropriate for police to try to completely explain what happened, including events/interactions leading up to it, else they'll have persistent rumours and suspicions, like Natalie Wood, for eg.

IMO some people are just refusing to speak to police, on the advice of their lawyers. The Ramsey strategy is not helpful to the cause of justice.

JMO

From the article -
Salazar said three of the calls disconnected before a 911 dispatcher answered. One of the calls connected with a 911 dispatcher but Salazar declined to provide details about what may have been said.“
It looks like the 4th 911 call did go through. I think this last call was from Nichol or one of the daughters. I think CW would have been named a suspect and arrested if the 911 caller had mentioned his name or if he was heard in the background. I don’t think he was there when the 911 calls were made. Also, the two fathers are filing lawsuits saying CW was negligent because he left while Nichol was behaving irregularly, not in her right state of mind, gun in the house and he didn’t protect the kids. I’m paraphrasing. They aren’t saying he murdered them. I don’t think he was there. MOO

From post by @Backstroke10. From the article -
”Salazar said three of the calls disconnected before a 911 dispatcher answered. One of the calls connected with a 911 dispatcher but Salazar declined to provide details about what may have been said.“

I wonder whether caller using Nichol's cell spoke at all.
Maybe noises or screaming or yelling were recorded?
Maybe system recorded no sounds at all?

Last edited:
Calls from Nichol's Cell?
The two stories linked below describe the call sequence a bit diff'ly from ea other. Did I get this right?
11:09-----Call #1-----to Wheeler's Mother, no ans/connection.
11:10-----Call #2-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #3-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #4-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:12-----Call #5-----to 911, connected. Presumably something was recorded by system, but LE did not release info.
And apparently no call back by 911 or an attempted call back that did not connect?

Sooo, who used Nichol's cell to make some or all calls?
Nichol? One of the dau's? Was Nichol's son there?
Acquaintance? Stranger home invader? Did LE verify Wheeler was already gone by time of calls?

Did Nichol first call Wheeler's Mom, thinking he went to Mom's place, to try to reach him? Or to talk w his Mom?
Then decide no use, so called 911?
Was 911 call made to try to alert LE --- Wheeler was danger to self or others? Or Nichol wanted to report she was danger to herself and dau's? Or a dau, to report Mom as a danger to self & dau's?
Or by Nichol or dau's, to report acquaintance or home invader was a danger?
Hang-ups by caller---voluntary or forced by someone else?
So many possibilities.

{{{ETA: @Tyra1003 post did not copy correctly here.}}}}
Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths.... The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.

....Those calls were made with Nichol’s phone!!!
.... Several sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that Nichol Olsen’s phone records show the mother made five calls just after 11 p.m. on the night of the incident.
sbm for focus. Was Nichol the one calling?

From the article -
Salazar said three of the calls disconnected before a 911 dispatcher answered. One of the calls connected with a 911 dispatcher but Salazar declined to provide details about what may have been said.“
It looks like the 4th 911 call did go through. I think this last call was from Nichol or one of the daughters. I think CW would have been named a suspect and arrested if the 911 caller had mentioned his name or if he was heard in the background. I don’t think he was there when the 911 calls were made. Also, the two fathers are filing lawsuits saying CW was negligent because he left while Nichol was behaving irregularly, not in her right state of mind, gun in the house and he didn’t protect the kids. I’m paraphrasing. They aren’t saying he murdered them. I don’t think he was there. MOO

Last edited:
From post by @Backstroke10. From the article -
”Salazar said three of the calls disconnected before a 911 dispatcher answered. One of the calls connected with a 911 dispatcher but Salazar declined to provide details about what may have been said.“

I wonder whether caller using Nichol's cell spoke at all.
Maybe noises or screaming or yelling were recorded?
Maybe system recorded no sounds at all?
I wonder the same thing.
The article states she made 5 calls after 11pm. I wonder how many calls she made before 11pm. I looked back through some articles but couldn’t find what time CW left that night. She may have been calling around trying to find CW and then finally called his Mom as a last resort trying to locate him. Why don’t they mention any calls before 11pm? MOO
ETA If numerous calls were made from her phone that entire night, that could paint a different picture. MOO

Last edited:
Calls from Nichol's Cell?
The two stories linked below describe the call sequence a bit diff'ly from ea other. Did I get this right?
11:09-----Call #1-----to Wheeler's Mother, no ans/connection.
11:10-----Call #2-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #3-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:11-----Call #4-----to 911, no ans/connection.
11:12-----Call #5-----to 911, connected. Presumably something was recorded by system, but LE did not release info.
And apparently no call back by 911 or an attempted call back that did not connect?

Sooo, who used Nichol's cell to make some or all calls?
Nichol? One of the dau's? Was Nichol's son there?
Acquaintance? Stranger home invader? Did LE verify Wheeler was already gone by time of calls?

Did Nichol first call Wheeler's Mom, thinking he went to Mom's place, to try to reach him? Or to talk w his Mom?
Then decide no use, so called 911?
Was 911 call made to try to alert LE --- Wheeler was danger to self or others? Or Nichol wanted to report she was danger to herself and dau's? Or a dau, to report Mom as a danger to self & dau's?
Or by Nichol or dau's, to report acquaintance or home invader was a danger?
Hang-ups by caller---voluntary or forced by someone else?
So many possibilities.

{{{ETA: @Tyra1003 post did not copy correctly here.}}}}
Calls made to 911 the night of the Anaqua Springs shooting deaths.... The first call was made to Wheeler’s mother at 11:09 p.m., which we’re told was not answered. Then four separate calls were made to 911. The first call was at 11:10 pm, followed by two calls at 11:11 p.m. A final call was made at 11:12 pm. Three of the calls did not connect, but show up on Olsen’s phone record. Only one of the calls connected to the 911 system.

....Those calls were made with Nichol’s phone!!!
.... Several sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that Nichol Olsen’s phone records show the mother made five calls just after 11 p.m. on the night of the incident.
sbm for focus. Was Nichol the one calling?
I have all those questions rolling around in my head as well. Also, I wonder about if any calls or texts were made from the daughters phones. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back