TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo it is not that easy to fake a suicide...at least not under extreme investigation. It might work if the person was known to be depressed, or had tried before, etc...but I have faith in most investigations, especially when they have access to Texas Rangers, FBI etc as needed. I think this case will be carefully examined...it is already.
“I think this case will be carefully examined“ Hopefully So.

Hopefully they will research Outgoing Text Messages from the Daughters to Friends that night.

Police are still investigating where Wheeler was on the night of the killings.

“We’re not going to stop investigating until we verify that,” Salazar said. “As I mentioned earlier, we talked about cellphone tower technology — that’s going to go a long way in showing, at least, where his cellphone and then GPS on his vehicle — it’ll tell us where those two items were, and then we’ll have to continue investigating to see if he was in possession of those two items.”

“You have to resist that urge to say, ‘Well, case closed and let’s move on to the next one,'” Salazar said. “We’ve got a lot of investigating yet to do in this case. We have to get that right.”

Nichol Olsen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'll be honest. I don't want it to be suicide, but I just read a series of statistics on gun violence in the US. 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides. (Guns are the 2nd leading cause of death among children and teens. Cancer is 3rd.) Wow. So the odds are in favor of suicide.

I'll be honest. I don't want it to be suicide, but I just read a series of statistics on gun violence in the US. 2/3 of gun deaths are suicides. (Guns are the 2nd leading cause of death among children and teens. Cancer is 3rd.) Wow. So the odds are in favor of suicide.

I can’t think of a motive for anyone to kill the kids. Not that motive is vital. I can’t even conceive of CW wanting the kids dead. He wouldn’t even have met them if not meeting their mom, IMO. I can think of reasons for NO to kill them, tho.
Jmo—the investigation will provide answers but not the kind her friends/family want.
Moo Moo
ETA: It’s not that I’m not totally convinced by (the evidence),” Salazar told KSAT. “We owe it to the public and to the victims in the case, and their families, of course, to continue this investigation.
Nichol Olsen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Last edited:
I can’t think of a motive for anyone to kill the kids. Not that motive is vital. I can’t even conceive of CW wanting the kids dead. He wouldn’t even have met them if not meeting their mom, IMO. I can think of reasons for NO to kill them, tho.
Jmo—the investigation will provide answers but not the kind her friends/family want.
Moo Moo

The only reason to kill the kids that I can think of is to silence them because of something that they were witness to.

The ME ruled her to be a murderer of two. Sounds to me like she’s the perp.
I’m struggling with the fund raising for an investigation.
Sheriff stated he is conducting an investigation. He can’t take money.
Where does it say that????

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... many WS'ers are pondering the ability to strike down the very people one should protect with their life -- mainly, ones' own flesh and blood.
Unbelievable and nearly impossible to place oneself in NO's shoes.
It doesn't get much worse than that.
Did those girls beg for their lives ? Did she look at them as they died ?
We'll never know what the two daughters might have endured.

<modsnip: removed reference to quoted post that was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been ten days...so clearly they are still investigating. The case would be closed, if they had decided hastily on murder/suicide.

Whatever evidence LE has or turns up...will not settle this case, on her family’s part, imo. They seem likely to pursue it forever, if it is shown to be murder/suicide. I am not saying I can blame them...it can’t be imagined unless you have to face it, imo. Partly, I think, just as with a suicide, people think they could or should have seen, or done, something differently. When in fact, imo, that is not always true. Unless the person has a history, there is no way to suspect such a thing or intervene. Adults are responsible for what they do to themselves or others, unless they are medically otherwise in some way. Jmo

I agree Cluciano.
It’s closed, imo, from the ME viewpoint.
Since friends/family are disputing things, it’s good for the Sheriff to cover all bases.

In nearly every crime, what do we hear?

“He/she would never........”

Jmo

Generally speaking here and not speculating on this specific case:

Many have asked about why kill the kids when one takes their life. I’ve known people who are struggling who have said that the only reason that kept them from doing it was the pain it would cause their families. I can see someone thinking that if they took their family members with them, the family wouldn’t have to go through the pain of the suicide. It seems twisted, but when one is in that frame of mind it actually could make sense. A mercy killing, of sorts.

Again, only speaking generally here. We don’t know what happened in this particular situation.

Generally speaking here and not speculating on this specific case:

Many have asked about why kill the kids when one takes their life. I’ve known people who are struggling who have said that the only reason that kept them from doing it was the pain it would cause their families. I can see someone thinking that if they took their family members with them, the family wouldn’t have to go through the pain of the suicide. It seems twisted, but when one is in that frame of mind it actually could make sense. A mercy killing, of sorts.

Again, only speaking generally here. We don’t know what happened in this particular situation.
True. In some cases, a parents kills the children and themselves because they want to "punish" the other parent. I do not believe either scenario is what happened in this case. I do think it is possible alcohol or drugs were a factor and the Sheriff is awaiting the results of tox screens.

JMO

Just as a matter of fact, it seems NO has not had an easy life. Living the high life with beauty, self made wealth, dating a successful wealthy man has it pit falls too.

Being married at 15 and pregnant, divorced at 17 gives us a look into her growing up years. It sounds like she was on her own, did what she wanted, with no adult supervision.

By 25, she is divorced a second time, with another child. What kind of life was she living?

Money whether yours or the person you are dating, is not what makes the world go around or makes life problems disappear. I imagine NO could have written a book on what she has seen and been through since she was 15.

Just think, NO was married and had a baby at the age of her oldest daughter. Pretty shocking to think about! Perhaps NO was remembering her life at 16, how she had messed up, and was severely depressed. If there was any truth to relationship problems, that would be too much for her to handle too.

This is just speculation on what triggered the M/S. Having regrets on her life, seeing too much negative (in her opinion), she took the girls with her. JMO.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Truly, I think this WS discussion has been relatively gentle considering most here believe in the findings of the ME, who has ruled this case a murder/ suicide. TV might make it look like it's easy to fake a suicide, but it's just not so.

It's sad to me how many strangers want to attack the bf based on gossip found on SM. And also believe everything posted on SM! Though the sheriff's waffling statements have not helped in this case. And of course friends don't believe it, suicide is always hard to accept.

Shooting Deaths of Texas Mom and 2 Daughters Ruled Murder-Suicide — But Friends Are Skeptical

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members