TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the press conference a reporter said that when the idea of a mother killing her own daughters and taking her own life came out it sounded hard to believe. Sheriff replied it is....a heartbreaking scenario to imagine and they they owe it to the murder victims and the families of the victims to get it right.

I would encourage anybody who has any questions about today's news to listen to the Sheriff's press conference. He specified that today's findings are the medical examiner's and that the BCSO is continuing the murder investigation to determine who killed the girls. He said they are looking at the "totality of the circumstances"...there was a weapon recovered from the scene. They are looking at gun shot residue. All manner of technologies in this case....camera and video surveillance from neighbors nearby, social media, cell phone records, text messages, cell phone tower information, GPS technology etc. He was asked if a note was left...he said he couldn't go into writings or any other evidence.

The Sheriff said that they had PERSONS of Interest. (Daily Mail). That surprised me. It leads me back to a thought that someone wanted them gone and staged it to appear homicide/suicide.
Persons of interest aren’t necessarily suspects. Could be witnessses or people who had contact with her that day. But of course the boyfriend and ex husbands are always POIs.

I'm glad that LE is pursuing the investigation. I believe that there are probably more murders than one would think which are erroniously ruled suicide. If someone coerced her in to shooting herself it would be hard to prove. Someone could have threatened to hurt or kill her children if she didnt pull the trigger. Or maybe the girls were killed first, by someone who then put the gun in her hand and encouraged her to kill herself in her grief.
MOO

IMO they would not have announced this was a suicide today unless they were certain. I believe they have already looked at their phones and text messages. I’m assuming her phone was close by and the BF I’m sure gave police his phone. I’m imagining a slew of heartbreaking messages back and forth that night. I don’t think there is anything sneaky or sinister going on. I think this is a tragic case of heartbreak. JMO

I'm certainly glad they are not just dropping the investigation. I'm not sure the mother's death was a suicide. I wonder how they could tell. If it's just last hand on the gun, how do they know for certain it wasn't "Put" there? I just would like to know more I guess.
Where was the boyfriend that night?

I have been digging a little deeper into this and have a hard time believing she killed her daughters. The aunt, close friend and others seem to doubt that too. The 31 year old boyfriend was dating a 37 year old woman who had 3 kids, one of which was a beautiful 16 year old cheerleader who had moved into his house. Nichol had obviously been through some difficult times in her life. I just don't think she would murder her kids (ages 16 & 10) over some younger guy who was not the father of any of her children. I would find it MUCH more plausible that the rich boyfriend shot them (and then spent the night elsewhere as an alibi) to keep from going to jail after having inappropriate contact with a minor.
Do you have a link for any of this or is it from social media?

Where was the boyfriend that night?
Possible that threats could have been made toward the Boyfriends Household because of a bad business deal or bankrupt investment and the boyfriend wasn’t at home when the threat was carried out.
That could be what Bribiesca’s aunt, Emma Mancha Sumners was referring to.

Last edited:
Gun found at site? It's a certainty that the mom's hands have been checked for gunfire residue. And that would pretty much tell them what happened.

Not always because the killer could had fired shots into wherever with the gun in her hand while she was dead. He /she had hours to cover up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva