TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'This case is far from over:' Suicide ruled in triple-death investigation near Boerne

The Bexar County Medical Examiner has ruled that an incident last Thursday that led to the death of a woman and two girls as a murder-homicide.

Three people were found dead inside a home in the Anaqua Springs Ranch neighborhood near Boerne.

Despite the ruling, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said "this case is far from over."

The woman was identified as Nichol Olsen. One of the homicide victims was identified at 16-year-old Alexa Montez. The other homicide victim, believed to be 10 years old, has not been identified. Salazar said they believe they know her identity but didn't have fingerprints on file to do a positive ID.

"As law enforcement, it's our job to continue our investigation," Salazar said.

He said investigators are looking at the totality of circumstances, not just what's on that body at the time of death. They're also collecting surveillance and looking at social media and cell-phone tower information.

I'm certainly glad they are not just dropping the investigation. I'm not sure the mother's death was a suicide. I wonder how they could tell. If it's just last hand on the gun, how do they know for certain it wasn't "Put" there? I just would like to know more I guess.

I'm certainly glad they are not just dropping the investigation. I'm not sure the mother's death was a suicide. I wonder how they could tell. If it's just last hand on the gun, how do they know for certain it wasn't "Put" there? I just would like to know more I guess.
If the home was equipped with security cameras perhaps investigators would be able to determine that nobody else had entered the home during the time frame of the shootings. Just speculation though and I agree that it's reassuring to hear LE continues to investigate all angles.

Yes, he went to great lengths explaining the medical examiner‘s results will not be the end of the investigation and what else they are doing. He mentioned the Daily Mail and social media he‘s been reading (maybe he read @liltexans post as well :D). You can literally feel the pressure he‘s under when he talks and in his gestures.

Death of woman in luxury San Antonio-area home ruled suicide, officials release IDs of 2 victims
From the article (dated 1/14/2019)

The woman found dead with two girls inside a home in a luxury, gated community in Boerne last week died by suicide, according to a preliminary report from the medical examiner's office, said Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar.

Salazar also officially identified two of the victims: Nichol Olsen, 37, whose death has been ruled a suicide, and her daughter, Alexa Montez, 16. He did not release the identity of the third victim, a 10-year-old girl. The deaths of both the girls have been ruled homicides...

"One of the greatest fears is they're afraid law enforcement is not going to cover all the bases because it's been ruled suicide. That's not what's occurring here," he said. "This case remains very much an open investigation and it's a murder investigation, at least in regard to the two young ladies."

Salazar noted the medical examiner's findings are preliminary and said investigators would look at evidence including surveillance images, social media, cell phone data, GPS and gunshot residue.

Eta: intended to bold COD.- article had been shared by @squid. (Thank you!

Last edited:
Well, I am really surprised. Plus I find it so interesting that they will continue to investigate. Sounds contradictory. In the Sherman case in Toronto, killers shut down the cameras, I believe. So I'm going to say cameras in the house will not help, if there even were any.

This is a sad and mysterious case. So many unknowns. No statements (at least to my knowledge) from the boyfriend/homeowner. Nothing from his friends, neighbors, family. No SM.

I too hope the house was outfitted with high tech surveillance/cameras, to at least give an honest accounting of their deaths.

As far as who/what- I’m just completely on the fence. There seems to be several possible scenarios. In every one it comes down to “motive?” - and I just do not know.

Prayers for loved ones.

As I posted earlier about this being a murder/suicide, unfortunately, it looks like that’s the case. I’m very glad they will continue to investigate, but IMO, I don’t see anything changing. This is so sad and depressing and unfortunately this seems to be a recurring theme these days. I don’t understand it and probably never will. I think social media plays a part in this by everyone posting their “perfect”, “beautiful”, “happy” pictures, while privately they may be depressed, struggling and hopelessly sad. It seems people don’t really talk to one another anymore and share their true feelings. Instead, they post pictures of a perfect and happy life. I feel so sad for Nichol, her two daughters, her son, and all of their friends and family. This breaks my heart.

This news update makes me so very sad. The worst possible outcome in my mind was the possibility that these girls were murdered by their own mother. If this is indeed what happened, I pray they were asleep when they were killed so they never knew who killed them. What a tragedy all around.

I suppose continued investigation means it’s possible she didn’t kill the girls, but killed herself? Or perhaps they’re not convinced the ruling of suicide is correct? I’m not sure what other realistic options there would be. Maybe someone paid off the medical examiner? That seems... far fetched.

This news update makes me so very sad. The worst possible outcome in my mind was the possibility that these girls were murdered by their own mother. If this is indeed what happened, I pray they were asleep when they were killed so they never knew who killed them. What a tragedy all around.

I suppose continued investigation means it’s possible she didn’t kill the girls, but killed herself? Or perhaps they’re not convinced the ruling of suicide is correct? I’m not sure what other realistic options there would be. Maybe someone paid off the medical examiner? That seems... far fetched.
I agree, this is the worst outcome and it makes me so sad. IMO I think they are continuing to investigate in order to basically “dot their i’s and cross their t’s” since the BF is from a very wealthy family and people will have a very hard time believing that Nichol did this. JMO

Mystery surrounds deaths of mom and two daughters found shot dead in Texas mansion | Daily Mail Online

The death of a Texas mother found dead last week has been ruled a suicide but authorities will not reveal if they believe that she killed her two daughters who were found murdered next to her in the $1million mansion where they lived with the mother's boyfriend.

Nichol Olsen, 37, was found dead on Thursday along with her daughters London Bribiescas, 10, and Alexa Montez, 16.

They were found by Nichol's 31-year-old boyfriend, Charles Wheeler, who told police he had returned home at 9am after spending the night elsewhere and found all three of them shot to death.

He lived with them in a $1million home he bought last year in a gated community in San Antonio, Texas.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said at the time that the girls were undoubtedly victims of foul play but he could not confirm whether Nichol,a hairdresser, had also been murdered or if she had taken her own life.

On Monday, he revealed that the medical examiner had determined that Nichol killed herself but said his office is still investigating what happened.

It coincides with disbelief from Nichol's many friends and relatives who have spoken out to say she would 'never' have harmed herself let alone the two girls.

[...]

Police recovered a weapon from the house but they will not say who it belonged to.

As part of their probe, police are looking into cell phone usage and the towers they pinged from.

No one has been arrested for the killings and Bexar County Sheriff's Office did not answer DailyMail.com's multiple questions about the case on Monday morning.

[...]

Now, friends of the mother-of-three tell DailyMail.com that she too must have been killed and her grieving relatives are begging for answers.

'Nichol was a loving mother who cared deeply for her children.

'They were her entire world, and there was nothing she was more proud of than her kids.

[...]

upload_2019-1-14_20-59-10.jpegupload_2019-1-14_20-59-20.jpeg

I agree. I hope the girls were fast asleep and that they were unaware of what was yet to come.

Sigh... i cannot fathom any of this, it is beyond heartbreaking.

And then I struggle with cases when moms (okay not exclusively moms but an example) bring predators, unknowingly, into the lives of their children. I don’t know that one pain is greater than another.

Life is beautiful, and it is so hard sometimes.

Is it possible they ruled suicide on Nichol to 'throw the killer off?' It seems, if it was double murder & suicide, the case would be closed. I just don't buy suicide. I hope I'm not alone.

Is it possible they ruled suicide on Nichol to 'throw the killer off?' It seems, if it was double murder & suicide, the case would be closed. I just don't buy suicide. I hope I'm not alone.
I don’t think they would call it a suicide to throw the killer off. Do you think her family would approve that?

My feeling is that the Sheriff doesn’t close the case based on the medical examiner‘s findings because of the publicity surrounding this case. He wants to do a thorough job.

I don’t think they would call it a suicide to throw the killer off. Do you think her family would approve that?

My feeling is that the Sheriff doesn’t close the case based on the medical examiner‘s findings because of the publicity surrounding this case. He wants to do a thorough job.

Yes, I think the family would OK it if the police legitimately thought it would help catch whoever did this. I know I would. I think this is an unlikely scenario, but not impossible.

I think it’s far more likely your thorough job theory is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23