TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what would be the motive- he has no legal/financial obligation, those kids were not his so no custody issue, he doesn't need a huge insurance payout if there is one. All of the normal motives don't seem to apply. Even a love triangle doesn't compute- they were not married so he could have just kicked her out. This is a very sad situation and of course the police should triple check everything but at this point I am leaning toward the coroner's conclusion.
I think u are on point even if he was a terrible boyfriend. No motive!!

If you watch Dateline or any other criminal investigation shows on TV there have been many cases of professional hit men or those with LE knowledge who've made murder look like suicide, especially in domestic cases. Over time past suicide verdicts have been overturned, especially when others with a personal connection have been killed years later.

I'd like to know if anyone was jealous of the BF's growing business success, or if he had competitors with unsavory links, or if he refused to do certain types of deals. Looks to me like someone wanted to really scare the BF into cooperation with something he didn't want to do.

Yes of course there are many cases where killers try to stage murder as a suicide. That is not equal to an autopsy being wrong and letting a killer walk free. I'm sure the two situations overlap sometimes, but they are not one in the same. I feel like I'm having a hard time communicating my thoughts to those on this thread. Oh well.

“Many people never let on what they are feeling or planning. The paradox is that the people who are most intent on committing suicide know that they have to keep their plans to themselves if they are to carry out the act,” says Dr. Miller. “Thus, the people most in need of help may be the toughest to save.”

Suicide often not preceded by warnings - Harvard Health Blog

Waiting for LE to complete their full investigation into who killed the girls and confirm the COD for NO.

Which leads me to ask, is it normal that it is taking LE this long to confirm the ID of the 10 yo victim? Seems odd to me.
Father of 26 year old identified her. Father of 10 year old has not come forward. This is the father that was sued for child support.

He is a person of interested and it was even stated.

The fact they are not ruling it a suicide and carrying looking at surveillance and took away his truck means he IS a person if interest.

And why do police have to announce someone is a person of interest?

Take for instance Chris Watts the police came to the house, took away his truck and interview him and neighbors but they never publicly declared him as a POI until his arrest.

How is what the LE are doing now any different? If the BF is not a person of interest goodness knows what is?

Curious to find out what your definition of POI.
My understanding is all suspicious deaths are treated as homicides until the me and evidence prove otherwise. If not it would be very shoddy police to call a suspicious death a suicide without looking at the totality of evidence

Can you provide a link please?

This is probably a pointless comment, but I could swear I read that he’s a person of interest
I agree. It seems very odd to me that it’s taking so long to ID the 10 yo victim. The father confirmed her ID and I believe I read he supplied DNA as well. So what’s the hold up? Weird. Maybe something odd with the DNA matching? Don’t know, just throwing that out there. Edited to clarify; I do NOT think this father is involved in the least bit. I believe he is grieving. I’m just wondering about the DNA. I believe this is a murder/suicide. IMO

That is very odd. Not to be gruesome, but perhaps her face was rendered unrecognizable by fatal injury. It seems that police are being absolutely meticulous in this case, and not assuming that this child’s body is positively that of London.

This is probably a pointless comment, but I could swear I read that he’s a person of interest

That is very odd. Not to be gruesome, but perhaps her face was rendered unrecognizable by fatal injury. It seems that police are being absolutely meticulous in this case, and not assuming that this child’s body is positively that of London.
Possibly but they were all shot in the stomach area so I don’t think there would be damage to her face. There has been no mention of blunt force trauma, etc anywhere on the bodies or face.

Father of 26 year old identified her. Father of 10 year old has not come forward. This is the father that was sued for child support.

bbm Is there a link for this? This could well explain the delay in id'ing her.

Possibly but they were all shot in the stomach area so I don’t think there would be damage to her face. There has been no mention of blunt force trauma, etc anywhere on the bodies or face.

Thinking about that ... suicide by shooting oneself into the stomach or upper torso is not really a sure way to die. The bullet could miss the heart or be diverted by the ribs or the breastbone. The person could end up being severely injured but not dead, in agony but too weak to pull the trigger again. That's why most shoot themselves in the head. Mmmm ....

Thinking about that ... suicide by shooting oneself into the stomach or upper torso is not really a sure way to die. The bullet could miss the heart or be diverted by the ribs or the breastbone. The person could end up being severely injured but not dead, in agony but too weak to pull the trigger again. That's why most shoot themselves in the head. Mmmm ....

A beautiful woman with beautiful daughters would probably not disfigure them by shooting them in the head. I posted an article about this yesterday.

Oh. I read “upper body”. The stomach is part of the upper body. So is the head.

I’m assuming a lot, of course, but perhaps the girls were shot in different areas than the mother? LE could give a general report of what they found without being too specific. For instance, if the girls were shot in the head, but the mother was shot in the chest...

All in all, it’s an extremely odd case and things may not be as they appear. I’m glad LE is being very thorough and not taking anything for granted.

LE have, at minimum, 2 murders. This would go some way to explaining their commitment and requirement to completing an investigation. Nichol's death will be investigated as part of confirming or refuting the coroner's findings. Although LE have vocalised this process more clearly than I've seen in other cases, this seems to be standard procedure to me?

Thanks I somehow missed the dental records part of this.
During yesterday's press conference a reporter asked the Sheriff why the 10 year old had still not been identified and this is how the sheriff responded:

"We believe we know who this young lady is. We have spoken to all the families involved. We have different next of kin for every one of these three decedents. We have spoken to who we believe is her next of kin based upon the identity we believe it is. The reason no positive identification has been made by the Medical Examiner is because she has no fingerprints on file because of her age. So they are looking at dental records. Even though we are fairly certain we have to make sure it is completely right. So we are waiting until such a time that the medical examiner positively ids her before giving her name."

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

Oh. I read “upper body”. The stomach is part of the upper body. So is the head.

I’m assuming a lot, of course, but perhaps the girls were shot in different areas than the mother? LE could give a general report of what they found without being too specific. For instance, if the girls were shot in the head, but the mother was shot in the chest...

All in all, it’s an extremely odd case and things may not be as they appear. I’m glad LE is being very thorough and not taking anything for granted.
I just assumed the stomach area when they said upper body. Maybe below the shoulders. If they were shot in the head I don’t know why they would say upper body and not the head. IMO

A beautiful woman with beautiful daughters would probably not disfigure them by shooting them in the head. I posted an article about this yesterday.

I know. :) I read your post yesterday and agree that this was the likely reason. But I was wondering if they all perished quickly given the higher possibility of an "unsuccessful" shot.

If all shots were through the heart would that give an indication of the level of experience of the shooter?

Lowell Amos - Wikipedia

Here is an example of getting away with it for insurance money, until he got to greedy. He collected easily for first 2 wives and his mother. All “accidental deaths.” Cases only got re-examined after the death of wife three.

And there are likewise cases of homicide/suicide. This is tragic and I’m glad there is no rush to judgment.

I’ll just be waiting for further verified information.

Yep and that's why I say I am not buying the autopsy report about this scene crime - you know what the LE are not buying it too.
He is NOT a suspect. This is what the sheriff said after being asked by a reporter if there were any POIs in yesterday's press conference:

"Oh absolutely. We have folks that we have been talking to. Not just the other resident in the house but talking to other witnesses in the case. Every time we talk to somebody we get a little bit more of a clearer picture of what occurred. We are still narrowing it down. As with any homicide investigation trying to reconstruct first and foremost that snapshot in time as to exactly when the time of death was. We are still trying to get a picture of at what point in the night or morning that occurred. We are not there yet."

By his definition ANY witness is a POI.

Bexar County Sheriff's Office

Where in that comment does the sheriff say he is not a suspect? The LE was being evasive with his answer. And lets be honest do you really think the LE will openly tell the press that yes he is a suspect? I mean come on. When the press asked the LE about Chris Watts being a suspect they did not say he was one? No and rightly so. Why should they tell the press what they are working on?

What should be noted is that the sheriff has not said they have ruled the BF out as being a suspect. They have not cleared him of being a suspect or POI. Until the LE publicly rule him out as a suspect then IMO he continues to remain one.

They took his truck and yet to return it and also have told the press they are yet to fully corroborated his story. And people say he is not a suspect? Okaaaaaaay if you say so :)

Last edited:
I know. :) I read your post yesterday and agree that this was the likely reason. But I was wondering if they all perished quickly given the higher possibility of an "unsuccessful" shot.

If all shots were through the heart would that give an indication of the level of experience of the shooter?

I'm hoping the girls were killed in their sleep! Seems easy enough to shoot someone in the heart and be successful if they are sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895