TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the various articles, there is little information regarding a Security system in this house.

It would seem obvious a house like this has a security system. The question is was it turned on? Also, how old is it and does it have cameras inside the house?

Wonder why it hasn’t been said where CW spent the night?
Could he already have a new girlfriend which would add turmoil to this case if that is where he was? JMO.

Defending someone publicly is not a good point. Allowing the investigation to proceed without interference by anyone including the family/friends of CW is probably appreciated by the authorities.

Social Media Sleuthing Can Have a Serious Effect on Criminal Investigations

On September 12, 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins was found dead in a walk-in hotel freezer in Rosemont, Illinois, where she had been at a party. Nearly one month after the fact, the Cook County medical examiner ruled her death an accident, despite thousands of social media users insisting otherwise.

Meanwhile, the police were conducting their own investigation under the watchful eye of the media, protesters, and social media — the latter of which they weren’t pleased about. In mid-September, Rosemont mayor Bradley Stephens said that the online activity and speculation was “convoluting the investigation,” according to the Chicago Tribune.
Defending someone who doesn’t need defended doesn’t help either. He’s better off being not involved.

Jumping off of these posts, in this interview with the Daily Mail, the sheriff states:

"the medical examiner believes it’s a suicide based on what they saw. They have a more limited evidence bank to pick from.

'I have forensics and the crime scene and witness interviews and phone records and everything. "

And from "inmyhumbleopinion"s post there's this quote regarding the ME:

"The medical examiner's office has not released any records to support its finding.

Sheriff Salazar has not seen a piece of paper yet that states more than cause or manner of death and the lack of narrative which could explain such a theory is proving frustrating."

Is it just me, or does the sheriff seem to be blatantly attempting to downplay the responsibility of the medical examiner and also, IMO, come off as just disrespectful, as if the ME lacks credibility?

For reference (BBM):
Bexar County - Medical Examiner

...As an impartial, independent agency, the Medical Examiner strives to serve the public, medical professionals and justice system of our community by providing objective, valid and unbiased medical opinions on cause and manner of death....

Under Texas state law, the Medical Examiners investigate deaths in Bexar County that are due to trauma or injury, intoxication, foul play, undetermined causes, or sudden and unexpected natural disease. This investigation may take many forms, but often involves an autopsy examination of the deceased person. It also involves investigation of the death scene, medical records, and other facets of the decedent's life and death, and usually includes an analysis of blood and other body fluids in our Toxicology Laboratory to detect drugs, alcohol, or other foreign substances.

ALSO

Below is an interesting informational read as well about the role and responsibilities if the ME, even the comments at bottom. (Particularly this closing comment: "the value of the Coroner/ME's office is clear. We as a society would not want the police/sheriff's office--agencies that have the authority to use force--to also have a monopoly on the investigation of deaths. Indeed, giving the Coroner/ME final authority on death pronouncement and COD/MOD determination is a significant separation of powers.... "

7 Common Mistakes Regarding Autopsy Reports

Did the sheriff really give an interview to the daily mail???? A tabloid? SMH. Don’t get me wrong, the daily mail has its place and sometimes they really do get good inside info before anyone else. But I think the sheriff giving them an interview during an open investigation of this nature, is gross.

Defending someone publicly is not a good point. Allowing the investigation to proceed without interference by anyone including the family/friends of CW is probably appreciated by the authorities.

Social Media Sleuthing Can Have a Serious Effect on Criminal Investigations

On September 12, 19-year-old Kenneka Jenkins was found dead in a walk-in hotel freezer in Rosemont, Illinois, where she had been at a party. Nearly one month after the fact, the Cook County medical examiner ruled her death an accident, despite thousands of social media users insisting otherwise.

Meanwhile, the police were conducting their own investigation under the watchful eye of the media, protesters, and social media — the latter of which they weren’t pleased about. In mid-September, Rosemont mayor Bradley Stephens said that the online activity and speculation was “convoluting the investigation,” according to the Chicago Tribune.

That case was still ruled accidental and now the family has filed a $50 million lawsuit against the hotel.

Lawyer claims Kenneka Jenkins might have been locked inside hotel freezer, but police video contradicts theory

Did the sheriff really give an interview to the daily mail???? A tabloid? SMH. Don’t get me wrong, the daily mail has its place and sometimes they really do get good inside info before anyone else. But I think the sheriff giving them an interview during an open investigation of this nature, is gross.
He mentioned he’d been reading about the case in the Daily Mail during the presser.

Yep, an "Exclusive interview".....

Unless there are also some idiots inside FBI, the sheriff has to have some evidence that contradicts the findings of ME.

JMO on the surface, not having looked at any SM rumours.

That's not the only reason FBI might be involved, could be that in pursuing leads and cells and laptops and investigating multiple people etc there was something discovered that fell under FBI jurisdiction.

I think this sheriff loves to be in the limelight!,, that is a concern.

I agree it's a big concern... Here's this case with the deaths of a beautiful young mother and her 2 beautiful young girls shot dead, found in rich bf's mansion....does the sheriff see this as the case that can make him famous? I sure hope he's pursuing with the right intentions, but his media actions have been questionable. IMO, JMO, etc.

The sheriff states he has no evidence to refute their findings yet. If he didn't think there was even a slight chance they were all murdered the case would be written off a long time ago..(DailyMail) one wonders how much experience he has with cases like this and how much he is influenced by Nichols friends and family. I am happy the F BI will be looking at this case!

The sheriff states he has no evidence to refute their findings yet. If he didn't think there was even a slight chance they were all murdered the case would be written off a long time ago..(DailyMail) one wonders how much experience he has with cases like this and how much he is influenced by Nichols friends and family. I am happy the F BI will be looking at this case!

It would be irresponsible for him to not investigate the murders of the daughters IMO.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php

FBI joins investigation into fatal triple shooting in luxury San Antonio-area home
By Peggy O’Hare and Fares Sabawi Updated 5:50 pm CST, Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The FBI is joining the investigation into the shooting deaths of a mother and her two children in a luxury San Antonio-area home, officials with the Bexar County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday.

At the request of Sheriff Javier Salazar, the bureau will provide technical and investigative assistance while deputies determine what led to the deaths of Nichol Olsen, 37, and her daughters, 16-year-old Alexa Montez and 10-year-old London Bribiescas, the sheriff's office said in a news release on Tuesday, adding authorities would leave "no stone unturned."

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members