GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
APD officer Chris Kroger said he was in route to Wal-Mart when he heard the word "shot" on the radio. "It sounded like trouble."

"I tried to talk to Jaime, tend to him, see what was going on, but there was a lot of blood obviously." - Kroger.

At one point, Kroger turns Padron over on his side out of fears he could choke on blood. He then tried giving Padron CPR.

Perry said Kroger felt guilty and was second guessing himself for cuffing Daniel first rather than immediately tending to Padron.

Perry asked all people standing around if they'd seen the incident to step forward. Said customers and staff came forward, many crying.

As they tried life saving measures on Padron, Perry told officer frisking Daniel to take him out, put him in car, and don't talk to him

Perry asked all people standing around if they'd seen the incident to step forward. Said customers and staff came forward, many crying.

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi Perry said Kroger felt guilty and was second guessing himself for cuffing Daniel first rather than immediately tending to Padron

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi Chris Lester, EMT who responded to the scene, is now testifying

Officer Arevalo said Daniel wanted to know if he would get life or death for what he just did. #DanielTrial

Albert Arevalo says Daniel asked what county they were in. Wondered if some counties were more lenient. Asked about bail amount.

Officer who transported Brandon Daniel is now on the stand

On walk to interview room at APD, Daniel thought a police motorcycle was cool and made spontaneous comment "I killed a cop."

Officer Arevalo is done and the jury is being sent home for the day. Will return at 9am and so will we.

:seeya: Softail, thanks for posting the link for this trial in AH's thread.

Heading over to youtube to watch what I missed earlier today.

Part 4: [video=youtube;TAxrNlnBVgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxrNlnBVgM[/video]

Softtail, don't you know by now that the entire world uses the standard of Eastern time :giggle: :blowkiss:

:seeya: at 10! :giggle:

I'm live listening for life in the courtroom for Amanda Hayes and decided to start listening to the first day's testimony in this trial. I haven't followed the case, but it's a fairly simple one which was easy to do a fast Google on it. Also, readers over on Amanda's verdict watch have helped me a bit.

Soon, I'll switch to the live feed. I'll be out of town all next week, but will keep track when I have time. When I get home, I'll watch everything I missed.

One thing we all need to remember: Voluntary intoxication is not a defense to murder or for any other crime. Pretty shallow defense and it's probably the only one Davis has.

CM - I agree it is a fairly simple case. I just want to see this get the DP. There is no excuse for what he did.

The drunk, depressed BS cannot fly. It isn't ok to kill someone because you are stupid and have a gun. :violin:

ATL - :doh: I'll try to remember the time rules! :giggle:

After hearing so much about this case since it happened, I was a little surprised at the video. It happened so fast. :(

Prosecution tells Jaime Padron's family an in-car video of Daniel being transported will be presented today along w/ more crime scene photos

A VHS video in his car lol. Was this 8 years ago :giggle:

We are about to see the in-car video from Officer Cory Knop's patrol car. He along with Officer Arevalo transported Daniel. #DanielTrial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back