GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
Very quickly, we're taking ten-minute recess. Defense probably trying to suppress in-car video of Daniel. Attorneys & judge debate at bench

Oh geeze.... the defense doesn't want us to see and hear his yammerings in the car? :violin: :boohoo:

:seeya: Anyone else impressed how smoothly this Texas trial is going so far?!

:seeya: Anyone else impressed how smoothly this Texas trial is going so far?!

Yes. I'm glad they are streaming it. It's rare to get a live stream in Texas.

Officer Knop showing items found on Daniel. Cell phone, garage door opener, key, leather wallet, Colorado ID, ammo magazine holding 6 rounds

Hollow point bullets.

Knop says Daniel had "goodies, a couple of drinks, and a bag of chips" inside his backpack. Items he appeared to take from the store.

Officer Knop holding an item of evidence, hollow point bullets
66c8ye.png

Defendant at the scene, Officer Knop's arm holding suspect
2mh5xky.png

Blood on the defendant's face is not his, it is blow back from the shot(s) he fired
20uae8j.png

Items recovered from the defendant
29fnsi.png

Office Knop pulls in front of the doors and you can see Daniel surrounded by 3officers searching him. They then put him in the backseat.

Video begins at 2:29am. It is Officer Knop on his way to Wal-Mart with lights flashing and siren wailing. He gets to Wal-Mart at 2:35am.

Nice to see the defendant was so worried about his wallet, never mind he just shot a police officer, it's all about his wallet. :rolleyes:

I thought the same thing TB! :rolleyes: Worried about his wallet? WTF? :waitasec:

"Officer.... Do you have my wallet?" "Hello... I have a question and you are not answering." - Daniel inside the car.

Daniel appears to be looking at something through the window. The tape transcribes what he says as "I shot your (inaudible.)

Jeez when it rains it pours with cases. The CLOSING arguments of the Marissa Duvault is streaming at http://www.kpho.com/story/24651000/hammer-killing-trial-ends-for-day-resumes-monday Not sure why the entire trial wasn't streamed, but her she is just like Jodi... so gonna watch there as will sum up the trial that I missed. Here is the WS thread for it... She killed him in his sleep ... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232578

ETA: Nevermind sorry, they aren't live....

Don't you mean OPENING arguments of Marissa Devault trial? Trial just started and is expected to go into April. The case IS being streamed live.

"I'll probably go way for the rest of my life." - These quotes attributed to Daniel are all subtitled on the hard to hear video.

"Uh..-Mister officer?" "Sir... sir... sir... sir." Daniel speaking in low, slow voice.

Oh geeze.... now he is worried about his shoe. :doh:

More of Daniel in the back of the patrol "I'm missing a shoe. I'm missing a shoe.. a shoe. It might be in there somewhere."

"At least I get free food and don't have to work again." - that last quote sends some of the Padron family out of the courtroom in tears.

:cry:

Nice to see the defendant was so worried about his wallet, never mind he just shot a police officer, it's all about his wallet. :rolleyes:

He was drunk or high. Hadn't a clue.

BD: "Can I get the lethal injection, is it possible?"

"Can I get the lethal injection?"

I am hoping that won't be a problem. :gavel:

"Whaaaat's Thaaaat." Mister? "Excuse me officer.... may I ask you a question." - Daniel speaking in a low and elongated tone.

"Can I get the lethal injection? Is it possible?" - Daniel trying to talk to an officer.

At this point, 3:25 am, officers take Daniel out of car for EMS evaluation and put back in the car. He then says "I might have to pee, too."

"Mister officer, I might have to pee. I want to pee so bad." - Daniel still trying to get officer attention.

He is pleading over and over that he has to pee. I wish they would just let him pee.

Question: In most trials I have followed where the jury watches a video with transcript, the judge iirc has always said "you can only base on what you hear, not on transcript". This I cannot hear anything without the transcript. Why is this trial different?

TIA

I believe they said the audio and video were 2 different things. So they had to transcribe the audio to put it as sub-titles on the video.

"*advertiser censored** off then." - Daniel says after being unable to get officer attention from back of the car.

Wait what? Knop had met him before? :waitasec:

Defense objects. Sidebar.

CC ‏@courtchatter · 45s
When asked if Knop had previously met #BrandonDaniel, the defense objected. Judge gives jurors a 10-minute break

Wait what? Knop had met him before? :waitasec:

Defense objects. Sidebar.

Hmmmm, I only took it to mean that he was in the car so long.... and said "hey, you remember me?"

:duh:

I hate when rl gets in the way of a trial.. I have had so much to get done after the Dunn trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back