GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
that "music" is so obnoxious.

:giggle:

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
"I'm at work honey, but that's okay, I wanted to make sure I got your call." - Daniel's mother says they'll send money orders every week.

Daniel's Mother "I'm just trying to figure things out. How it all works."

Daniel explains to his mom that visitation is done through video camera at Del Valle. "You're kidding? I can't see you in person?"

“I want to be able to pick up your car and sell it if you want me to.” - Daniel's mother Mary.

Sheesh. His mom sounds so "matter of fact".

God forbid you should stress dude... I mean it's not like you just killed a police officer.

Mother says she is doing research on defenses and Daniel says there are examples where people have gotten off.

Daniel says he knows there is no hope, but is frustrated attorney won't consider different defenses.

Daniel expresses frustration w/ attorney team at the time. Says he wants to get rid of one. "Then get rid of him right now," says his mother

"I've got it all covered, don't worry, and don't stress." - Mary O'Dell.

Daniel instructs his mother to get some items back from Jenna, his ex-girlfriend.

Mom calls him "Bran." and says "I think we have everything covered." Very supportive trying to help her son take care of proper business.

Claire McKenna is on the stand going through a long list of swabs taken from Daniel the night of the shooting.

Mother says she is doing research on defenses and Daniel says there are examples where people have gotten off.

Daniel says he knows there is no hope, but is frustrated attorney won't consider different defenses.

Daniel expresses frustration w/ attorney team at the time. Says he wants to get rid of one. "Then get rid of him right now," says his mother

"I've got it all covered, don't worry, and don't stress." - Mary O'Dell.

Daniel instructs his mother to get some items back from Jenna, his ex-girlfriend.

Mom calls him "Bran." and says "I think we have everything covered." Very supportive trying to help her son take care of proper business.

Really? Now, he wants defense? There is none.

Well that was fast. Defense had no questions for Ms. McKenna.

No alcohol was found in Brandon Daniel's blood sample according to chemist.

Not surprising, considering the sample was taken so long after the incident Murder.

Toxicologist says marijuana was found in Daniel's blood sample, but does not have a psychoactive component. (changed mental state.)

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV · 5m
McCall found Xanax and marijuana in #BrandonDaniel's blood.
#keyetv

Medical Examiner David Dolinak is next. Padron family leaves. Autopsy photos likely a part of Dolinak testimony.

Dolinak said Padron's uniform had 2 holes in it. One in right breast pocket & another just to the side. Contents of pocket were fragmented.

No damage was done to Padron's protective vest or the portion of his body that the vest covered.

He goes on to say that the bullet went through his voice box, carotid artery, and bones.

WARNING: to all following on stream. Graphic autopsy pictures could be shown. We are not controlling what the courtroom camera shows.

Dolinak says the barrel of the gun was actually touching Padron's skin when fired.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV · 6m
State showing autopsy pictures of #JaimePadron. #BrandonDaniel shows no emotion but his sister is crying.

Most of the time, Daniel looks straight forward at the monitor in front of him. Not much expression. His sister behind him is crying.

https://twitter.com/juaners80/status/436570585636679680/photo/1

Dolinak is done and we are on lunch break until 2:15pm.

Really? Now, he wants defense? There is none.

During his phone call with his mother he alludes to a defense that has gotten others off. Whatever is he thinking?

He shot three times and killed a police officer in front of witnesses. I don't care how xanaxed up he was.

Was it his own weapon or the officer's?

During his phone call with his mother he alludes to a defense that has gotten others off. Whatever is he thinking?

He shot three times and killed a police officer in front of witnesses. I don't care how xanaxed up he was.

Was it his own weapon or the officer's?

It was his. In the interrogation interview shown yesterday, he even said he put one in the chamber before going into the store.

It was his. In the interrogation interview shown yesterday, he even said he put one in the chamber before going into the store.

Why would anybody do that when entering a Walmart? When the bullet's in the chamber isn't that indicative of less time to discharge, another words the gun shoots faster?

This trial seems pretty straight forward to me.

Following your posts and others, so thank you all. May be a dumb question: That is premeditated , carrying loaded weapon into store?

Why would anybody do that when entering a Walmart? When the bullet's in the chamber isn't that indicative of less time to discharge, another words the gun shoots faster?

This trial seems pretty straight forward to me.

To me too. I mean, he has admitted over and over that he knew he was a cop, he knew what he was doing.... etc.... The videos show yesterday were disgusting - "I'm glad he is dead", and all the other crap he said. I just want to see him get the DP! :gavel:

Following your posts and others, so thank you all. May be a dumb question: That is premeditated , carrying loaded weapon into store?

I think it is. I think he was looking for trouble. He said his intent was to shoplift. That's why he went to the store!

:seeya: Looks like I got here just in time for ... lunch break.

I see I missed a lot this morning, gonna have to catch up.

Agree he went prepared for trouble and chambered a bullet in his gun in case he met any the obstacle would be dispatched faster.

If anyone knows where I can look at archived recordings showing LE interrogation I'd appreciate it. WAT doesn't seem to have this trial set up with archives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97
Back