TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, 22 Apr 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE ONLY NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exclusive: Missing soldier was ‘happier than ever,’ then mysteriously vanishes, sister says as desperate search continues

On “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace,” airing Wednesday on Fox Nation and Sirius XM, Grace speaks with Guillen’s sister, Mayra, as the desperate search continues.

“The last time we spoke was on Tuesday afternoon,” Guillen’s sister, Mayra Guillen, told Nancy Grace. “Her boyfriend was the last one to speak to her on Wednesday before going into work. She was happier than ever…Everything was completely fine.”

Guillen’s boyfriend contacted Mayra at around noon on Wednesday and said that Guillen’s iPhone messages were not being read.

Grace: “The boyfriend sends her a text, I’m assuming, at around lunchtime the day she disappears and it was, quote, ‘not delivered’? Was that a problem with his phone? Because when I get that I think it’s my phone…You’re saying there was a problem on her iPhone?

Mayra: “Yes…Immediately I called (my sister) and immediately it goes straight to voicemail.”

Grace: “What time was that?”

Mayra: “Between 12 and 1.”

Grace: “Did you try to text her, Mayra?”

Mayra: “Yes, the messages wouldn’t deliver.”
snipped

Texas EquuSearch on Facebook has a post about Vanessa:

Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ (permalink)

"Texas EquuSearch - TXEQ ...
6 hrs ·
MISSING: PFC. Vanessa Guillen - Fort Hood, Texas (4/22/20)

20 year-old PFC. Vanessa Guillen was last seen at the U S Army military base in Fort Hood, Texas on April 20th 2020. PFC Guillen was with the 3rd Calvary Regiment at the Regimental Squadron Headquarters at Ft. Hood. Vanessa was last seen wearing a black shirt, light purple leggings and black Nike tennis shoes. Vanessa has the tattoo of a cross with a flower on her left arm, another flower also on the left arm, and a mountain with a circle on her upper left shoulder. She has a small mole between her lower mouth, and her chin. The American soldier is precious in our hearts for our nation’s valiant history, their bravery, the sacrifices they have made, and the many freedoms we have today. If you have seen PFC. Vanessa Guillen since her reported disappearance, if you know of her current whereabouts, or if you have any information whatsoever concerning PFC Vanessa Guillen’s disappearance; please call the U S Army CID Unit at (254) 495-7767, the U S Army Military Police Desk at (254) 287-4001, your local law enforcement - or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500

https://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-pfc-vanessa-guille…/"​

US Army Offers $15,000 Reward for Information on Missing Fort Hood Soldier

"Guillen worked in the "arms room" at Fort Hood, where she kept inventory of firearms and checked serial numbers, her sister said. That's the area where her keys and identification were found.

Guillen's car also was found where she usually parked it outside her barracks -- within walking distance of where she worked, Mayra Guillen said.

Her cell phone was the only item never found, she said.

All we want is her with us': Search continues week after soldier's disappearance

SABBM:

Vanessa's family hopes someone comes forward with any information leading to her safe return.

"At this point, just hopes someone comes with a concrete answer, they can tell us something...anything...something concrete. There has to be something," Mayra said.

<snip>

Texas EquuSearch, a search and rescue organization, tells KWTX they have been in contact with the family. They are waiting on law enforcement on whether or not they would be needed in the search.

Houston family of missing Fort Hood soldier desperate for answers

SABBM:

"She was talking about college. She was talking about getting married. She was talking about my parent's wedding," Mayra said.

While she seemed happy to finally getting back closer to home, but something seemed off as of late.

"She didn't give an exact reason why," Mayra said. "I don't know if it's the people there. I don't know if it's the environment. I honestly don't know."

'Bring Vanessa Home' | Family, friends rally to bring awareness to missing Fort Hood soldier
snipped
'Bring Vanessa Home' | Family, friends rally to bring awareness to missing Fort Hood soldier
Twenty family and friends of PFC Vanessa Guillen rallied in Killeen hoping to raise public awareness about her disappearance.

Author: Jim Hice
Published: 12:20 PM CDT May 1, 2020
Updated: 12:21 PM CDT May 1, 2020
KILLEEN, Texas — More than a dozen people rallied in Killeen Friday morning in an effort to bring continued awareness to the disappearance of Fort Hood soldier PFC Vanessa Guillen.

Family and friends held signs with Guillen's picture and words of encouragement at Lyons Park.

Investigators say the 20-year-old was last seen April 22 at 1 p.m. wearing a black T-shirt in the parking lot of her regimental engineer squadron headquarters on Fort Hood.

Family, friends search area for missing Fort Hood soldier

KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) Family and friends of a missing Fort Hood soldier traveled from her hometown of Houston to Killeen on Friday, hoping to get answers in her disappearance.

050120+split+vanessa+guillen+search.jpg

Family and friends of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen arrived in Central Texas on Friday.

Nearly 20 of Pfc. Vanessa Guillen's loved ones arrived at Killeen's Long Branch Park just after 11 a.m.

From there, they walked the streets of Killeen holding signs with Guillen's photo and messages including "Bring Vanessa home" and "We love you and we're praying for you #FindVanessaGuillen."

"Vanessa, you're going to be found. We're going to find you, we're going to do whatever it takes. God knows how many sleepless nights we've had. We're so desperate for answers," said Frida Hernandez.

<snip>

The Army Criminal Investigation Command confirmed Friday authorities have, "conducted dozens of interviews, followed up on all credible investigative leads and assisted with extensive searches by air and ground of Fort Hood."

Officials say the FBI, Belton Police Department and the Texas Department of Public Safety are assisting.

"They are committed to finding Pfc. Guillen and will not stop until they do," Chris Grey, Chief of Public Affairs, said in a statement.
BBM

Houston family waiting and hoping as search continues for missing Ft. Hood soldier

The Army Criminal Investigation Command says it is running extensive searches from the air and on the ground with the assistance of the FBI. Texas Equusearch has also joined in, combing areas near Fort Hood, including trails leading up to the post.

“She’s always been such a happy person. Nothing is normal at this point-it’s not the same,” says Mayra of her sister’s disappearance.

More than 3 weeks later, missing Fort Hood soldier's family awaits answers

It's been more than three weeks of agony for the family of U.S. Army Pfc. Vanessa Guillen, a soldier last seen at Fort Hood near Killeen.

Mayra Guillen, the soldier's older sister who lives in Houston, said she and her family have yet to receive any information regarding the disappearance.

U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command officials last week declined to comment on the investigation, saying they had no new information to release.

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Fort Hood has closed three of its gates to help control the spread of the virus and limit base access. However, neither Fort Hood nor U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command officials have yet to say whether tightened protocols sparked by the pandemic could have made it even more difficult for Vanessa Guillen to disappear unnoticed

Facebook group calls for peaceful action for missing Fort Hood soldier

FORT HOOD, TX — A Fort Hood soldier who was last seen April 22 is still missing and people want answers.

Pfc. Vanessa Guillen was last seen in the parking lot of Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters on Fort Hood.

The Facebook group “Find Vanessa Guillen” has announced plans to do a peaceful action in front of Fort Hood on Friday, May 22, a month after her disappearance.

The group will be meeting at 3 pm at 1301 West Central Texas Expressway No. 200 in Killeen behind Shipley’s Donuts and they’re encouraging those who are interested to bring cardboard and markers for posters.

For more information, head over to theirFacebook page.

Recent updates:
Family of missing Fort Hood soldier pleads for help after one month with no answers

SABBM:

Efforts to find Vanessa Guillen initially included more than 500 soldiers from the 3rd Cavalry Regiment searching on foot in training areas, barracks and across the installation, Tom Rheinlander, spokesman for Fort Hood, said in a statement.

It is unclear how long that level of participation occurred, but he said efforts now include smaller groups conducting more targeted searches.

Aircraft from the 1st Cavalry Division provided more than 100 hours of flight time to the search on and off the installation, Rheinlander said.
<snip>

CID continues to lead the investigation, but because it is ongoing, officials have released little information to safeguard the process, Rheinlander said. Other agencies participating in the search include the Texas Rangers, Bell and Coryell County Sheriff Departments, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas game wardens, the FBI and local area police departments.

----

Family, friends of missing soldier hold protest outside Fort Hood

KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) Family and friends of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen held a peaceful protest Friday afternoon near an entrance gate on post.

The dozens who came from across Texas to the Killeen-Fort Hood area were hoping to get answers in Vanessa's disappearance.

Vanessa's sisters, Lupe and Mayra, were joined by their parents at the protest.

The last time anyone has seen 20-year-old Vanessa Guillen: April 22.

"She's a brave young woman. I believe she's in there and she's suffering but she's still alive. I want her back like that," said Lupe Guillen. "I want her alive. I demand answers now, I want it now. We're here for her, we want her back."

With a month of no clues, Mayra Guillen says her family is hurting.

"Part of me is missing because me as the older sister, I've always took the lead and having them go the right path. Me not being able to prevent this from happening to Vanessa makes me feel a type of way I can't explain," Mayra Guillen said.

They feel someone knows something about Vanessa's disappearance.

"Say something. Don't be scared at this point," Mayra Guillen added.

Multiple agencies including the Texas Rangers, Bell and Coryell County Sheriff Departments, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Game Wardens, the FBI as well as local area police departments are assisting in the investigation.
--------------

Family creates White House petition to help find missing soldier, Vanessa Guillen

How did she disappear on base? She did not just vanish. Vanessa needs to be found. She is serving her country. She is supposed to be safe while doing so.

Help us get answers about her whereabouts. It has been too long. She is a daughter, friend, and sister. It is devastating not knowing where she is.”

We the People was created to provide a venue to ask the Federal Government to call on Congress to act on an issue.

As of Saturday morning, 503 had signed the petition out of the 100,000 needed to reach their goal.
----
Search for missing Fort Hood soldier continues a month later
---
Seeking answers; family and friends gather to support missing soldier

KILLEEN — Dozens of people braved the heat, which peaked at 93 degrees, Friday afternoon to show their support for the family of missing Fort Hood soldier Pfc. Vanessa Guillen.
Voices rose with the temperatures, with people fervently chanting, asking “Where is Vanessa?” and responding “We want Vanessa.”
Several motorists also honked their horns as they approached the intersection.
Friday marked one month since Fort Hood officials said Guillen was last seen.

------

Vanessa Guillen Case Archive:
Vanessa Guillen -TX- by amanda reckonwith

Cellphone users, try this and scroll:
5/22/20 Gloria Guillen
-------
Family of missing Fort Hood soldier holds search parties in Belton, Copperas Cove

BELTON, Texas — The morning of May 30, more than 60 family members and friends of Guillen gathered at Miller Springs Park in Belton to hold a search party,
and cover as much ground as possible.

"I am hoping we can cross a big area off the map," Mayra Guillen, Vanessa's older sister, said. "It's a huge area we need to search."

-----------------------
@UnderWhelmed405, خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

There is a lake.

Vanessa Guillen: Soldier’s mom says a sergeant sexually harassed daughter before she vanished, calls for FBI to take over case [EXCLUSIVE]
snipped
Vanessa Guillen: Soldier’s mom says a sergeant sexually harassed daughter before she vanished, calls for FBI to take over case [EXCLUSIVE]

https://www.crimeonline.com/author/legan/
by Leigh Egan
June 9, 2020

As the desperate search continues for missing Fort Hood soldier, Vanessa Guillen, her mother is hoping confidential information her daughter shared with her will lead to answers.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Guillen, 20 was reportedly last seen on April 22 at around 1 p.m. at the parking lot of the Regimental Engineer Squadron Headquarters, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, in Fort Hood, Texas. Guillen left behind her car keys, barracks room key, identification card, and wallet in the Arms room, where she works.

Despite exhaustive searches between family members, volunteers, and soldiers, Guillen is still missing, and her family says military investigators are not providing details into the investigation

CrimeOnline spoke with Guillen’s mother, Gloria Guillen, who said that her daughter confided in her before she disappeared. Guillen apparently didn’t feel safe at Fort Hood, in part due to a sergeant who Guillen said had been sexually harassing her.

“[Guillen] said it was stalking and verbal harassment. He would look at her some type of way that would make any woman feel uncomfortable,” Gloria Guillen, who speaks Spanish, said through her daughter, Mayra Guillen, who translated on her behalf.

Guillen told her mother that the unnamed sergeant would also follow her when she went jogging, something she did routinely to stay active. Gloria pushed for the sergeant’s name and wanted to report the incident but held off when Guillen promised her she would take care of it. A few weeks later, Guillen disappeared.

Search intensifies for Fort Hood soldier from Houston missing since April

"We still don't get answers as to who, what, where exactly, and why. We ask for the public's help to keep the word out. Her case won't remain silent," said Mayra Guillen, Vanessa's older sister in a press conference.
"I know there's been a previous case in the same base, Gregory Wedel-Morales, he's been missing over six months now and we don't want the same thing to happen to my sister, we won't allow it," Mayra Guillen said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back