Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LIVE | Family of Vanessa Guillen speaking after memorial on Fort Hood
Around 19:55min Khawam recalls the armory room that they went to [for the priest's blessing] after the memorial service, she mentions it was different from the first armory room that they were shown by CID.

Brave Rifles Mourn
Interesting that when first announcing the memorial service it was said that no media was allowed, and then Ft Hood tweeted these images out. A bit off-putting as they capture such a painful moment; feels more like Hood's attempt to save some face by further exploiting the family's pain. I feel heart-broken for the family so I am a little more critical. But hopefully the memorial service provided a small step toward a sense of closure for the Guillen family.

The lawyer's description of the room starting at 19:00 in that video makes this so much more confusing. From things I've read about arms rooms, I was expecting something large and soundproof with a heavy door. But according to the lawyer's description, it isn't a big room, and there's an opening with bars where anyone nearby would have heard screaming or pleas for help. She also says it's not a closed door. No idea what she means by that. Hopefully, she'll expand on it in a later interview, but how this happened without anyone noticing makes even less sense.

I really hate to bother you again @Seattle1 - but is there a next court date hearing? I can't access Bell County or otherwise I wouldn't bother you! :)
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif.pagespeed.ce.ql2rp-xM7d.gif

I really hate to bother you again @Seattle1 - but is there a next court date hearing? I can't access Bell County or otherwise I wouldn't bother you! :)
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif.pagespeed.ce.ql2rp-xM7d.gif

I promise to check after Tuesday as that will be one week since the last hearing on the federal indictment.

Woman charged in disappearance of Fort Hood soldier named in 3-count indictment

July 14, 2020

WACO, Texas (KWTX) – Cecily Anne Aguilar, 22, of Killeen, who’s accused of helping her boyfriend dismember and bury the body of Fort Hood Spc. Vanesa Guillen, 20, remains in custody without bond after pleading not guilty Tuesday afternoon.

No additional court dates have been set.

Aguilar was named in a three-count federal indictment Tuesday charging one count of conspiracy to tamper with evidence and two counts of tampering with evidence.

Each count carries a potential maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The lawyer's description of the room starting at 19:00 in that video makes this so much more confusing. From things I've read about arms rooms, I was expecting something large and soundproof with a heavy door. But according to the lawyer's description, it isn't a big room, and there's an opening with bars where anyone nearby would have heard screaming or pleas for help. She also says it's not a closed door. No idea what she means by that. Hopefully, she'll expand on it in a later interview, but how this happened without anyone noticing makes even less sense.
That’s the inner cage door. There is a larger vault door external to that. There’s never really a reason to close the bigger door during use.

The simple fact is the base was basically shut down because of COVID. There was probably just no one around to hear anything.

Fort Hood releases photos of Vanessa Guillen memorial ceremony

July 17, 2020

FORT HOOD — Several hundred people — family, friends and fellow soldiers — attended the 3rd Cavalry Regiment unit memorial ceremony July 17 in honor of Spc. Vanessa Guillen inside the Spirit of Fort Hood Chapel at Fort Hood on Friday.

Lt. Col. Edward Gavin, commander Regimental Engineer Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment, spoke at the unit memorial.

“This is difficult," Gavin said. "This is difficult to discuss because the tragedy of her loss has forever changed our squadron and it has forever changed her family. We wrestle with feelings of anger, depression, anxiety, fear, frustration and sadness. And, we have so many questions, some of which may never be answered.”

5 Photos at link above.

Never a bad thing to duplicate links MOO as many folks like myself may miss every single post done.

The "one guy with the group" they are quoting is Tim Miller, who is the head of the group/represents the group Texas Equisearch, (ergo we/his team) and he stated all this about a month ago to other media at the time in mid-June. USAtoday is printing this article a month in mid-July, much after we began discussing this on the threads.

In the link:

"Miller said he pleaded with Army officials to search the site more thoroughly that day...... Miller said his team pleaded with officials from the Army's Criminal Investigation Command, an organization more commonly known as CID, on June 21 to take a closer look at what his searchers found."

But it said the army didn't have jurisdiction off base, forgive me but I can't recall, was it the Texas Rangers who led the investigation off base? I read that in another link. You're probably much more up on this than I am at this point.
And yes, somehow I missed about all of what you said had already been said. Thank you. My apologies.

Vanessa Guillen: Suspect deletes Google account in jail, plans to flee country after dismembering beloved Fort Hood soldier [DA]

“She did exactly how ISIS would do to our soldiers,” lawyer Natalie Kwaham says.

According to Frazier, Aguilar deleted her Google account while in jail, after her arrest earlier this month, in an attempt to get rid of incriminating evidence. She also contacted someone from jail via phone and asked them to delete her Facebook account, Frazier said.

Further, during another jail phone call, Aguilar allegedly told someone she wanted to flee with the country while using a $5,000 credit card."

Did Aguilar also give her itinerary? Mode of transportation, where she plans to cross the border? She sounds like she gave someone all the info anyone would need to catch her.

I would caution against making a sweeping statement like this and speaking for all senior female officers.

You certainly can't speak for the wonderful, insanely skilled and deeply missed Capt. Jennifer Moreno who was KIA with several elite Army Ranger soldiers. Survivors of that mission mourn her just as they do the men lost in that unit that day. This thread is kind of taking a nose dive. IMO

Madigan remembers fallen Soldier 5 years later

BBM The person didn't say 'all senior female officers', the person said 'all levels of females', There's a difference.
Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning, or perhaps you meant other than the way that sounded.
Not all females are sexually harassed, but all levels of females are sexually harassed. Who knows? Maybe at one time or another every female is sexually harassed at least once, but I don't ever like to say all of the people all of the time, or none of the people none of the time. I got along quite well with numerous males that never sexually harassed me, but maybe some of them harassed someone else.

Now that we have learned that VG was murdered by psychopath AR, what are we faulting Ft. Hood for?
Absent some special knowledge that a person is in imminent danger and a special duty to protect that person, the government is not liable to people killed by random criminals.
Take for example Jennifer Dulos- the State of Connecticut is not responsible or liable for her murder.
Does the Army owe damages to AR's mom and dad? What if AR would have killed himself on the base? What about John Lennon, who was murdered in New York City by a psychopath. Was the State of New York or the NYPD responsible?
What would Vanessa's Law say? What can a congressional investigation learn?
The Army suspected AR - but there was no body. Immediately, when the body was found, they went to arrest him. Even if Congress decides they should have arrested him sooner, what does that have to do with sexual harassment?
Certainly. it is noble and desirable to recognize and commemorate Vanessa, who was cruelly cut down in the flower of her youth. But she was murdered by a random psychopath, not the US Army.

Vanessa, may her soul rest in peace, was murdered by AR on April 22. What did the Army itself do wrong after the murder?

Why are you going on about all these people who have nothing to do with the military or VGs treatment or death? You are clouding the issue.
Vanessa wasn't murdered by a 'random psychopath', (the term they use now is sociopath) she was murdered by a fellow soldier. Some random person didn't access the base and grab her, a co-worker either demanded her presence with intent or lost it once she was there in his armory.

Why are you going on about all these people who have nothing to do with the military or VGs treatment or death? You are clouding the issue.
Vanessa wasn't murdered by a 'random psychopath', (the term they use now is sociopath) she was murdered by a fellow soldier. Some random person didn't access the base and grab her, a co-worker either demanded her presence with intent or lost it once she was there in his armory.

Right. Fort Hood can’t be let off the hook until some important questions have been investigated by an independent body.
  1. Had there ever been any complaints made against AR? Had there been warning signs relating to his behavior that were ignored? It’s very unusual for someone to go from model individual to beating someone’s head in with a hammer and it’s very common inside the military and out to ignore complaints from women and side with their abusers. Also, what are the odds that just a few weeks after complaining about harassment and stalking that Vanessa was killed by a guy she wasn’t having any prior issues with? It’s common for stalking to lead to murder, so there’s a good chance AR was the person she complained about and Gloria Guillen's belief the harasser was a sergeant was most likely due to her having little idea how military rank works. It bothers me that Fort Hood has been so quick to dismiss AR as Vanessa’s stalker/harasser when stalking to murder is so common.

2. Had some officers at Fort Hood become careless about security and oversight because of the pandemic? Committing a murder, cleaning up a very bloody crime scene, storing a body, and then removing it at night shouldn’t have happened in what’s supposed to be a secure area without someone noticing something. Anyone who claims to not see a problem with this is being disingenuous.
No institution can be fully trusted to investigate its own failings when the people doing the investigating may have a lot to lose.

Right. Fort Hood can’t be let off the hook until some important questions have been investigated by an independent body.
  1. Had there ever been any complaints made against AR? Had there been warning signs relating to his behavior that were ignored? It’s very unusual for someone to go from model individual to beating someone’s head in with a hammer and it’s very common inside the military and out to ignore complaints from women and side with their abusers. Also, what are the odds that just a few weeks after complaining about harassment and stalking that Vanessa was killed by a guy she wasn’t having any prior issues with? It’s common for stalking to lead to murder, so there’s a good chance AR was the person she complained about and Gloria Guillen's belief the harasser was a sergeant was most likely due to her having little idea how military rank works. It bothers me that Fort Hood has been so quick to dismiss AR as Vanessa’s stalker/harasser when stalking to murder is so common.

2. Had some officers at Fort Hood become careless about security and oversight because of the pandemic? Committing a murder, cleaning up a very bloody crime scene, storing a body, and then removing it at night shouldn’t have happened in what’s supposed to be a secure area without someone noticing something. Anyone who claims to not see a problem with this is being disingenuous.
No institution can be fully trusted to investigate its own failings when the people doing the investigating may have a lot to lose.
Absolutely. MOO I would say the current consulting third party contracted by the Army may have too little experience with military and regs to know what they are looking at.
MOO A congressional investigation with ex military being the investigators is the way to go.

I just listened to the Military Matters podcast covering Vanessa’s case where they interview Natalie Khawam. She said some things I wasn’t aware of before. At the June 22nd meeting the family attended on the base, Khawam told the military officials who were present that Vanessa had complained about AR harassing her and that he should be looked into. The response she got was that sexual harassment wasn’t a crime. So, the family already suspected AR before Vanessa’s body was even found.

When Fort Hood investigated sexual harassment against Vanessa, they didn’t find any. They walked that back and said there was harassment but it wasn’t sexual in nature. But the harassment they described to Khawam such as vulgar comments would actually constitute sexual harassment.

When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it. That allowed AR the opportunity to escape and kill himself.

Also, when Mayra showed up at the base the morning after Vanessa’s disappearance, she was met by AR and five other soldiers she described as intimidating. None of them were in Vanessa’s chain of command.

The whole podcast is worth listening to.
Season premiere: What happened to Vanessa Guillén?

"When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it. That allowed AR the opportunity to escape and kill himself."

Investigators must have used luminol in the Arms Room where AR worked before the body was found.

Sound like someone in power was signalling he was not in favor of the investigation, so each new level of evidence could not smoothly be integrated into the case, to the point of utter incompetence.

"When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it. That allowed AR the opportunity to escape and kill himself."

Investigators must have used luminol in the Arms Room where AR worked before the body was found.

Sound like someone in power was signalling he was not in favor of the investigation, so each new level of evidence could not smoothly be integrated into the case, to the point of utter incompetence.

Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood, and when they did, she said it lit up. It was a very bloody crime scene. She also said they wouldn't give her answers on whether or not they had Vanessa's phone records. As a potential crime victim, her records shouldn't have taken too long to get. It does look like someone with power was trying to interfere with the investigation.

Also, Khawam says based on the entry and exit times she was given for the arms room, AR didn't have much time to clean up a huge mess and that Vanessa's body must have been stored outside the room until he came back for it. That either means they didn't give her complete records, or someone helped AR that morning. I'm also curious to know if investigators have identified and interrogated the five 'intimidating' soldiers who accompanied AR to meet Mayra the next morning to see if any of them helped him clean up.

Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood, and when they did, she said it lit up. It was a very bloody crime scene. She also said they wouldn't give her answers on whether or not they had Vanessa's phone records. As a potential crime victim, her records shouldn't have taken too long to get. It does look like someone with power was trying to interfere with the investigation.

Also, Khawam says based on the entry and exit times she was given for the arms room, AR didn't have much time to clean up a huge mess and that Vanessa's body must have been stored outside the room until he came back for it. That either means they didn't give her complete records, or someone helped AR that morning. I'm also curious to know if investigators have identified and interrogated the five 'intimidating' soldiers who accompanied AR to meet Mayra the next morning to see if any of them helped him clean up.

The topic of VG's phone records is one that we are not hearing enough about (although it's understandable that many details are not being disclosed due to the ongoing circumstances)...but someone was using VG's phone on 4/23 because VG's Twitter account retweeted 2 posts, 1 being her sister Mayra's tweet and a 2nd being her friend Jocelyn's tweet, both asking for help to find VG with the same pic posted.

When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it.
^^sbbm

Can you please explain and/or define who/what is "CA" that provided assistance?

Is this C Aguilar -- the girlfriend of alleged killer AR?

Can't find this info in the podcast link. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1