Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood, and when they did, she said it lit up. It was a very bloody crime scene. She also said they wouldn't give her answers on whether or not they had Vanessa's phone records. As a potential crime victim, her records shouldn't have taken too long to get. It does look like someone with power was trying to interfere with the investigation.

Also, Khawam says based on the entry and exit times she was given for the arms room, AR didn't have much time to clean up a huge mess and that Vanessa's body must have been stored outside the room until he came back for it. That either means they didn't give her complete records, or someone helped AR that morning. I'm also curious to know if investigators have identified and interrogated the five 'intimidating' soldiers who accompanied AR to meet Mayra the next morning to see if any of them helped him clean up.
Absolutely.
Trust level zero on this.
Make them prove they did the right thing at ea00
^^sbbm

Can you please explain and/or define who/what is "CA" that provided assistance?

Is this C Aguilar -- the girlfriend of alleged killer AR?

Can't find this info in the podcast link. Thank you.
Yes, C Aguilar.

@Seattle1, it was reported that CA (the gf) spoke by phone with AR, wire tapped, where he either confessed or didn't deny killing VG, and I believe it was CA who helped LE locate AR, just before they descended upon him and he shot himself. I don't know where I read that, assuming the AW, but since I can't say for sure, I'll call this all JMO.

JMO

Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood, and when they did, she said it lit up. It was a very bloody crime scene. She also said they wouldn't give her answers on whether or not they had Vanessa's phone records. As a potential crime victim, her records shouldn't have taken too long to get. It does look like someone with power was trying to interfere with the investigation.

Also, Khawam says based on the entry and exit times she was given for the arms room, AR didn't have much time to clean up a huge mess and that Vanessa's body must have been stored outside the room until he came back for it. That either means they didn't give her complete records, or someone helped AR that morning. I'm also curious to know if investigators have identified and interrogated the five 'intimidating' soldiers who accompanied AR to meet Mayra the next morning to see if any of them helped him clean up.

Khawam has nothing to say for which I give her credit . IMHO, she has erroneously made too many statements, claiming facts. The only thing I give her credit for is her education.

I believe the arms room was tested prior to Khawam. I posted a link to a news article on Yahoo that gave a time line.
Is that how Khawam said it, 'they took their sweet time'? because that phrase reeks of bias, IMHO, of course.

"When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it. That allowed AR the opportunity to escape and kill himself."

Investigators must have used luminol in the Arms Room where AR worked before the body was found.

Sound like someone in power was signalling he was not in favor of the investigation, so each new level of evidence could not smoothly be integrated into the case, to the point of utter incompetence.

Not trying to be a pain, but, where'd you get the info on the lawyer?

Khawam has nothing to say for which I give her credit . IMHO, she has erroneously made too many statements, claiming facts. The only thing I give her credit for is her education.

I wouldn't dismiss what she's says, although I would like to get the other side of the story. In a case like this where there are a lot of moving parts and information coming at you from all sides, mistakes are to be expected from both sides. However, I doubt Khawam is knowingly and actively defaming Fort Hood officials. From what she describes, getting information from them is like pulling teeth, which leads to confusion about when various things did or didn't happen. She and the Guillen family seem to be incredibly frustrated with the evasiveness of Fort Hood officials, and I can't say I blame them. The only way to sort out what really happened in this case is to have independent investigators look into it. Institutions are usually reluctant to acknowledge their own mistakes.

btw "Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood" is my interpretation of how Khawam described the situation. I highly recommend listening to the Military Matters podcast. She provides a lot of info on her frustrating dealings with Fort Hood.

I wouldn't dismiss what she's says, although I would like to get the other side of the story. In a case like this where there are a lot of moving parts and information coming at you from all sides, mistakes are to be expected from both sides. However, I doubt Khawam is knowingly and actively defaming Fort Hood officials. From what she describes, getting information from them is like pulling teeth, which leads to confusion about when various things did or didn't happen. She and the Guillen family seem to be incredibly frustrated with the evasiveness of Fort Hood officials, and I can't say I blame them. The only way to sort out what really happened in this case is to have independent investigators look into it. Institutions are usually reluctant to acknowledge their own mistakes.

btw "Based on what Khawam said, they took their sweet time on testing the room for blood" is my interpretation of how Khawam described the situation. I highly recommend listening to the Military Matters podcast. She provides a lot of info on her frustrating dealings with Fort Hood.

Agreed. I also think that relaying details to the media, as in "we were told by the Army..." is a practice in transparency by Khawam and the Guillen family since there was little between them and CID... and perhaps by putting it all on record (via the media) will further demand accountability from CID, or at least prove the need for the independent investigation, since some details about the case are confusing and/or missing...again-just a thought.

Tricia will be on WS youtube tonight briefly at 10:00 pm but then at midnight Mountain time, she plans to do a 24 hour marathon "end of the world" youtube in (dis)honour of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell. There will also be discussion of many missing people cases that perhaps don't get as much coverage as others ... whatever she and you folks can fit into those 24 hours.

You must be okay with Tricia perhaps nodding off, her couch at times empty with Scrappy Joe, Boo and Babe holding down the show between interludes, but all in all, Tricia will be there or thereabouts, listening to you folks and swapping tales with you ... for a whole 24 hours !! How exciting is that?

giphy.gif

Click here for Tricia's Websleuths Youtube Channel

I believe the arms room was tested prior to Khawam. I posted a link to a news article on Yahoo that gave a time line.
Is that how Khawam said it, 'they took their sweet time'? because that phrase reeks of bias, IMHO, of course.

If they tested the arms room AR worked in, in a timely fashion, why do you think AR was not arrested?

I just listened to the Military Matters podcast covering Vanessa’s case where they interview Natalie Khawam. She said some things I wasn’t aware of before. At the June 22nd meeting the family attended on the base, Khawam told the military officials who were present that Vanessa had complained about AR harassing her and that he should be looked into. The response she got was that sexual harassment wasn’t a crime. So, the family already suspected AR before Vanessa’s body was even found.

When Fort Hood investigated sexual harassment against Vanessa, they didn’t find any. They walked that back and said there was harassment but it wasn’t sexual in nature. But the harassment they described to Khawam such as vulgar comments would actually constitute sexual harassment.

When investigators asked for an arrest warrant for AR after they found Vanessa’s body and received the assistance of CA, a lawyer for Fort Hood denied it. That allowed AR the opportunity to escape and kill himself.

Also, when Mayra showed up at the base the morning after Vanessa’s disappearance, she was met by AR and five other soldiers she described as intimidating. None of them were in Vanessa’s chain of command.

The whole podcast is worth listening to.
Season premiere: What happened to Vanessa Guillén?

If they weren't in Vanessa's chain of command, how did Mayra end up 'met by AR and five other soldiers', did she identify herself as a relative of VG? This sounds really odd. Is this all quoted on the podcast? Because I have a real problem with a lot of the lawyer's and family's allegations. I heard a lot about sexual harassment by 'a superior' (AR was not a superior), and the perpetrator was never named until AR 's name came up somewhere in very late June or early July. Did the family have names of sexual harassers prior to VG's disappearance and prior to the end of June, prior to their hiring an attorney? Because by the time I saw his name on here he was dead. His name didn't come up on here until the end of June. I was here until then and I never saw his name mentioned.

If they tested the arms room AR worked in, in a timely fashion, why do you think AR was not arrested?

I can't find the timeline article I posted on here. I don't know if it was deleted or what. I've gone back to Yahoo for the time line article and I couldn't find it there either. Why do I think he wasn't arrested? I don't. I'd guess insufficient evidence. Testing the room wouldn't prove he was the culprit. He wasn't alone in that building all the time, was he? They wanted him for murder and perhaps didn't have sufficient evidence for that charge. (The authorities in Indiana still haven't made an arrest 3 1/2 years after that crime.) I'm not in on the VG investigation. I was not, and I am not. I don't know what they had, when they had it or what motivated certain actions.

<modsnip>
I said they needed to check the arms room and when they said that's where she was killed I thought they meant hers, but they meant his. They should have checked his arms room when they saw his communication with him and where he said she went (because she never got there). But I don't know if that's when they checked the arms room because I can't find the stupid article. I did post it here, though. Around the 4th of July.

A lot of the stuff in posts on here had me confused. There was supposedly a shower incident. Then, it was supposed to be AR. But then, it seems the shower incident came from the mouths of VGs sisters. Was there a shower incident or wasn't there and was it AR? I couldn't keep the things straight once we got to June 30th. Neither AR was mentioned nor were VG's remains found before I took a break.
This thread got to me. I've already stated facts prior to this and I'm not running through them all in detail now. I'm female former military, I was sexually harassed constantly, threatened, and I was raped by someone in a position of trust. I believe without a doubt Vanessa was sexually harassed on numerous occasions by various males. I held out a small hope that VG took off because she was being threatened. I hoped she'd be found alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
VG did not survive, I don't know how many people were sexually harassing her and got away with it, I do not know the extent of her difficulties, I don't know what all AR did to her and, in a way, he got away with it. She died and not because of anything she did wrong. A beautiful young woman is gone, killed on a military base by another service member. She is not the first victim and she very likely will not be the last. This is more than wrong.

When she described the arms room as 'blood splattered everywhere', I don't remember the exact quote, but she exaggerated the statement made to her by whomever (some Ft Hood representative?) and made it sound like an obvious bloodbath.
Hammer murders create aerosol blood spatter (not splatter, spatter) pretty much invisible.to the eye, when lit with the forensic teams lights it is described as "lighting up like a Christmas' and is on many surfaces, like the ceiling.

What is the issue with the family and their lawyer? Without them, Vanessa would be still be listed as AWOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1