Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the last seen was at 1:00 pm in the parking lot, not known if that sighting is by camera or person. So was she walking? Standing still? What direction was she heading? Surely they know that. If she was standing still she was probably waiting for someone, if walking, it was in some direction. If no one saw her after 1 in the car park, and a camera has not picked her up anywhere else what does that mean? Not enough cameras? No one out to see? There has to be more.
MOO

They know more, but they aren't sharing with us or almost everyone. They have to protect the integrity of the investigation. o_O
(I asked the same question awhile back, and as far as I know, no one available has an answer.)

More than 3 weeks later, missing Fort Hood soldier's family awaits answers

SABBM:
Mayra said she believes it is highly unlikely that Vanessa disappeared on her own. Her sister showed no signs of suicidal behaviors or conflicts between family or her friends, Mayra told the American-Statesman.

Mayra said her sister was very loyal to the chain of command in the U.S. Army, so if someone did take her it could have been a supervisor.

“It would have been obvious if she was forced into a vehicle,” Mayra Guillen said, noting her sister was last seen in the middle of a work day. “It had to have been someone she couldn’t say no to. I’m asking to investigate her chain of command.”

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Fort Hood closed three of its gates to help control the spread of the virus and limit base access. However, neither Fort Hood nor U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command officials have yet to say how tightened protocols sparked by the pandemic could have made it even more difficult for Guillen to disappear unnoticed.

Mayra said because it appears officials are only searching on base, investigators must believe she never left.

Vanessa Guillen’s sister said investigators have deemed false previous reports that the soldier’s phone was last tracked at a tower in Belton.

Interesting!

I was talking to a friend of mine several days ago and we had both agreed that one possible scenario is that VG might have been involved in a relationship with a superior.

JMO.

Maybe she was involved, but was it willingly? Things aren't always what they seem.

When you say 'here' where is 'here'? Wasn't she stationed at Ft. Campbell?
Here = Websleuths. I was alluding to the fact that military investigators don’t normally hold press conferences or talk to the media while investigating a disappearance. They will let the public know what happened once they have someone in custody and a solid case against that person or persons.

Here = Websleuths. I was alluding to the fact that military investigators don’t normally hold press conferences or talk to the media while investigating a disappearance. They will let the public know what happened once they have someone in custody and a solid case against that person or persons.

Your earlier comment that “they work in silence but diligently” is a perfect summation - as frustrating as that might be for us here with an appetite for details!

More than 3 weeks later, missing Fort Hood soldier's family awaits answers

SABBM:
Mayra said she believes it is highly unlikely that Vanessa disappeared on her own. Her sister showed no signs of suicidal behaviors or conflicts between family or her friends, Mayra told the American-Statesman.

Mayra said her sister was very loyal to the chain of command in the U.S. Army, so if someone did take her it could have been a supervisor.

“It would have been obvious if she was forced into a vehicle,” Mayra Guillen said, noting her sister was last seen in the middle of a work day. “It had to have been someone she couldn’t say no to. I’m asking to investigate her chain of command.”

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Fort Hood closed three of its gates to help control the spread of the virus and limit base access. However, neither Fort Hood nor U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command officials have yet to say how tightened protocols sparked by the pandemic could have made it even more difficult for Guillen to disappear unnoticed.

Mayra said because it appears officials are only searching on base, investigators must believe she never left.

Vanessa Guillen’s sister said investigators have deemed false previous reports that the soldier’s phone was last tracked at a tower in Belton.

Interesting!

I was talking to a friend of mine several days ago and we had both agreed that one possible scenario is that VG might have been involved in a relationship with a superior.

JMO.
Wow... she’s asking for them to investigate their chain of command. That’s a pretty bold request. But it makes me think that she may have known someone was messing with her. I’m glad she is confirming that she was very healthy and happy. I know sometimes people are really good at hiding things, but she seemed very close with her sister.

I feel like it’s looking more and more that it was someone she knew. must’ve been a superior(anyone with higher ranking really), because as a young soldier, even if she doesn’t like the person, she and other young soldiers are always afraid of getting into trouble. She may have not wanted to get in the car, but probably did because she felt the need that she had to. :(

Wow... she’s asking for them to investigate their chain of command. That’s a pretty bold request. But it makes me think that she may have known someone was messing with her. I’m glad she is confirming that she was very healthy and happy. I know sometimes people are really good at hiding things, but she seemed very close with her sister.

I feel like it’s looking more and more that it was someone she knew. must’ve been a superior(anyone with higher ranking really), because as a young soldier, even if she doesn’t like the person, she and other young soldiers are always afraid of getting into trouble. She may have not wanted to get in the car, but probably did because she felt the need that she had to. :(

Another possibility is that VG may have been involved in a relationship with a married superior.

If so, that's something the military has strict rules against, and any superior/married officer who was involved with a subordinate in an extramarital affair would potentially face significant career-impacting consequences.

In the Erin Corwin case out of Twenty-Nine Palms, EC had an affair with a married marine who murdered her when she told him she was pregnant with his baby.

So, that has proven to be a motive in the past, which is why I'm keeping an open mind to that scenario here.

JMO.

Or could it have been 'Get in the car, now, don't argue.'
Which is apparently something someone else just posted that her sister already said. My apologies.

Oh yes, that and charming Bundy type are both definitely possibilities. I didn't mean to sound like my comment was the only possible option! Just presenting another possibility.

Did you all hear of the soldier in the 3rd Cav(like her), that apparently died from a single gunshot wound to the head? It was listed as accidental discharge of weapon...kinda suspicious to me!

I don't think that accidental discharges are as uncommon as we would hope. It wouldn't shock me. In combat there are clearing barrels generally coming from off base, and clearing barrels outside some of the facilities (not sure of all?) and there are still accidental discharges. I distinctly remember it happening once in a chow hall in Iraq. Heck, even out of the military...I know of a guy that got shot in the head because he was living in an upstairs apartment and a gentleman was cleaning his weapon on the first floor and it discharged. An employee of my husband brought a gun in one day and was showing it to someone and shot a hole in his hand on accident.

I had to drive to FT Hood today and since we all still work from home, I expected to be asked on check point about why I needed to be there.
I wasn't.
Driving 40 min through Base I was observing endless amount of land and thinking of Vanessa... It is so waste you can hide a mammoth and nobody will notice or find it for ages ....

I don't think that accidental discharges are as uncommon as we would hope. It wouldn't shock me. In combat there are clearing barrels generally coming from off base, and clearing barrels outside some of the facilities (not sure of all?) and there are still accidental discharges. I distinctly remember it happening once in a chow hall in Iraq. Heck, even out of the military...I know of a guy that got shot in the head because he was living in an upstairs apartment and a gentleman was cleaning his weapon on the first floor and it discharged. An employee of my husband brought a gun in one day and was showing it to someone and shot a hole in his hand on accident.

A friend of my brother's killed himself while cleaning his hunting rifle. There were, sadly, witnesses, no question of anything other than accident.

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have been to Ft Hood several times, I have a yearly pass due to having a child stationed there.
Every time we have been through the gates they have asked for everyone's ID passes, even when my soldier was driving his car. I would not say Ft Hood is easy to get into. They also scanned our ID passes every time we went through. I think I can remember once that they only scanned my husband's ID when we both were in the car.

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have been to Ft Hood several times, I have a yearly pass due to having a child stationed there.
Every time we have been through the gates they have asked for everyone's ID passes, even when my soldier was driving his car. I would not say Ft Hood is easy to get into. They also scanned our ID passes every time we went through. I think I can remember once that they only scanned my husband's ID when we both were in the car.

It’s easy to get out of though, yeah? Just drive out exit lanes with no ID checks or scans upon departure from the base?

Ft Hood Exits

Are there ways to leave Ft. Hood (as a military member) without exiting through
a check out point?
Please facts only and not speculations

The base is around 340 square miles, yes, there are ways in and out without going thru the gates. Look at Google earth, or whatever it is and check along the property lines. I looked all over that map. Maybe I just couldn't see it, but I wasn't able to locate fence in places.

Last edited:
Oh yes, that and charming Bundy type are both definitely possibilities. I didn't mean to sound like my comment was the only possible option! Just presenting another possibility.

Oh, you didn't! You were fine. I was just tossing out more possibilities.
I just go back to the map of that parking lot where she was last seen. It really isn't so big. Everything is right there, where she was last seen, her unit, her work. Her not having her ID on her really bothers me. Do you suppose she didn't have her ID because she didn't intend to go farther than the parking lot? That's one of the details that I can't stop thinking about. When I was in, you practically had to have it attached to your person. You pretty much had to have it on you unless you were in the shower.
What if she did have some of those things on her and lets say someone
did abduct her. What if (an abductor) put her keys, etc. back in the arms room? If they belonged there, or had an excuse to be there, would anyone have noticed?
Wouldn't you expect them (CID/LE) to have used her keys to check out her car in the parking lot? The car was right where she had left it.
A lot of times the perpetrator 'inserts' themselves into the investigation. I wonder about this one?
And the investigators are one group, but witnesses? Sorry, I don't necessarily think they'd be able to keep their mouths shut. I believe at least one or more would be spitting out some info. JMO.

One thing that I think people don't realize that it's in fact, very easy to get on base. They don't check every person in the car- only the driver. It could have been someone that brought another person on base, and then took their chance. It would've been much easier for a driver to drive up, and then someone jump out and grab her. My gut tells me it was just someone that she knew and maybe even trusted, and they asked her to get in the car.

The thing that gets me is the cameras. I know that there has to be some kind of recording of her and/or cars that went/came from that direction. Everyone kept saying that we would be hearing news, but not a single update on the case! It's truly frightening to know that a predator is out there roaming the base.

Did you all hear of the soldier in the 3rd Cav(like her), that apparently died from a single gunshot wound to the head? It was listed as accidental discharge of weapon...kinda suspicious to me!

Do you have any more info on this? Like when, who, how, where and why was a gun out and was it military issue or personally owned? Thank you.

It is not that hard to get in especially if a driver has a military ID, then they do not ask for passenger's ID. I never tried to give them my DL so not sure how it works. And on most gates you just scan your ID to get in. As to leaving - absolutely no checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!