TX - Police officer resigns after violent detention of teenage girl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hopping the fence quote is from a 43 yr old male witness.
McKinney, Texas (CNN)Benet Embry just wanted a respite from the heat when he went to his neighborhood pool Friday. Talking to CNN Monday about the national story that rolled out of that simple, mundane summer activity still has him pretty well dismayed.

The 43-year-old African-American has lived in Craig Ranch, a planned community, for eight years. It's a nice place. Racially diverse. People get along there.
Thinking back on the pool party, he might have known it would be crowded. The invite to the party had earlier caught fire on Twitter and social media. Craig Ranch's strict homeowners' association rules prohibit bringing more than two guests to the pool.
So when crowds of teenagers showed up, huddling by the gate and shouting to let them in, things got out of hand. Some kids jumped over the fence, Embry said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/mckinney-texas-pool-video/

You had 12 cops answering the call about a brawl at the pool. ONE cop was over reacting. Why is it such a HUGE story. The girl was asked to leave and you see her leaving, then she turns around and comes back to the pool, AGAINST orders. Of course she was going to be detained. She could have just sat down, but refused to do so. Just like most of the teens did.

The cop was too physical for my liking, but it is not as 'horrifying' as some are trying to make it out to be.

What about the teens hopping the fence, crashing the party and refusing the security guards requests to leave? No one brings that up at all.

You asked me if I would like it if I saw a cop 'abusing' one of my friends. Of course I wouldn't. But I do not see this the same way as you do, obviously. I think he used poor judgment, but I do not think he was abusing her.

But I have had one very scary experience when my daughter was 17. Her best friend was turning 18 on Jan 1st, and she begged us to throw her a surprise party on Dec 31st. BIG MISTAKE on our part. Party started out great, with about 30 kids, all kids we knew from school. We had them playing pool, swimming, had a BBQ. Then a HUGE crowd of uninvited guests began swarming in. 100 kids that we did not even know tried to crash the party. I had to call the cops and it got very ugly. I was frightened for our safety because the party crashers would not leave and were threatening us all. So I am a bit suspicious of the party crashers and think much of the problem began with them. JMO :moo:

It looked to me as though the girl was pretty far away from the action and the cop went for her due to something she said. As far as I know his actions were based on anger and not due to her breaking any law.
Even authority figures don't have the right to hurl you to the pavement because they don't like what is being said.

Don't cops get they can count on being filmed every minute of shift these days?

They know it, and they try to stop it. There was just another incident in Texas of a cop smashing somebody's camera phone. But there was somebody else to filming to record that happening. It's getting harder for them.

From the NYT post:

The Police Department has said that officers arrived at the pool around 7:15 p.m. Friday, responding to a call about a “disturbance involving multiple juveniles at the location, who do not live in the area or have permission to be there, refusing to leave.” The department, the statement added, received “several additional calls related to this incident advising that juveniles were now actively fighting.”

But Dominique Alexander, the president of the Next Generation Action Network, a civil rights group, said that the youths “had every right to be there.”
============================================================================

And Dominique was WRONG. SOME of the black teens had pool cards and did have the right to be there. But the troublemakers that crashed the party did not. Even the girl in the video admits that.

Jumping over a fence of a swimming pool, crashing a party, and ignoring the security guards request to leave is violating the civil rights of black people?

Please stop spreading this misinformation, unless you have a link to back it up.:mad:

It looked to me as though the girl was pretty far away from the action and the cop went for her due to something she said. As far as I know his actions were based on anger and not due to her breaking any law.
Even authority figures don't have the right to hurl you to the pavement because they don't what is being said.

In her interview, at this link, she ADMITS that she was returning to the pool area, even though she was asked to leave. And she admits to speaking profanity at the cop.

In her interview, at this link, she ADMITS that she was returning to the pool area, even though she was asked to leave. And she admits to speaking profanity at the cop.

At what link?

I have never suggested that this incident has anything to do with race. It may, but I'm not going to get into that, because the facts are just that this was an abusive cop. So I am hoping you're not trying to suggest that the posters here are all treating this as a social/political/racial issue. It may just be that there are too many overly aggressive, under-trained, or bad cops out there.

The protesters that were out there today are an offshoot of Black Lives Matter organization. The talking heads on all of the cable shows are race activists. Hard to ignore the implications. The girl that was forcibly detained said it was a race matter.

The protesters that were out there today are an offshoot of Black Lives Matter organization. The talking heads on all of the cable shows are race activists. Hard to ignore the implications. The girl that was forcibly detained said it was a race matter.

Wait, what does this have to do with how that police officer acted days before? Please stick to the point. Please, let's address the incident before the repercussions.

I think he quit because he knew they were going to be disciplining him for his behavior. He resigns, can go apply to be an LE somewhere else, maybe collect some pension. Nothing will go on his official record, since he is no longer an employee there, right? Hope wherever he applies to does a very thorough background check.

I think that is his plan, but I think it is going to be difficult. A background check should bring this incident up from the internet. I can't imagine who would want to hire him.

I watched the vids on youtube yesterday. She was near the cop while he was dealing with a male on the ground. She crossed the street. She then was with a group of females on the same side of the street as the cop. She then walked a good distance away and appeared to be leaving.
The cop ran up to her and proceeded to wrestle her to the pavement.
As for the profanity....what I heard was 'stop talking ****' and I'm not sure if it was her that said it and 'call my momma' which I did hear her say before she was taken down.
Profanity isn't enough to warrant a take down by LE. If that were the case the cop would have to be arrested.

YEP. It sure is. It fits the msm narrative just perfectly. ALL of society's problems can be traced back to racist cops apparently.

BBM

So far the only one I see saying the bolded line is you. Do you have a post to quote?

I think that is his plan, but I think it is going to be difficult. A background check should bring this incident up from the internet. I can't imagine who would want to hire him.

I hate to say it, but there are so many departments that would be willing to hire (speaking hypothetically) a ruthless, violent, and perhaps even racist officer. I'm not saying that this dude is any of those things, but the bar for being hired as a police officer is set extremely low.

Wait, what does this have to do with how that police officer acted days before? Please stick to the point. Please, let's address the incident before the repercussions.

Have you seen the interview with the girl that was detained? She is claiming it was racial.

Jumping over a fence of a swimming pool, crashing a party, and ignoring the security guards request to leave is violating the civil rights of black people?

Please stop spreading this misinformation, unless you have a link to back it up.:mad:

Spreading what misinformation may I ask? I've read all the links in this thread and I don't see any misinformation.

Yes, jumping over a fence of a swimming pool, crashing a party, and ignoring the security guard is exactly what I just read from the link given on this thread. I also want to know how this is violating civil rights.

Have you seen the interview with the girl that was detained? She is claiming it was racial.

Even if it is racial (and I have to ask again, have you bothered to view the video?) -- I have never seen anything to justify that degree of force against a child.

Please, watch the event, and then tell us that the use of force was justified.

BBM

So far the only one I see saying the bolded line is you. Do you have a post to quote?

This story represents everything that is wrong with American society. From the power tripping **** cops who have no respect for people's constitutional or civil rights, to the racist white residents, who think they are still living in the 1950s and can call the cops to remove black kids from the community (whites only) pool.

The United States is still as much a racist cesspool as it ever was. Some parts more so then others, notably Texas.

Even if it is racial (and I have to ask again, have you bothered to view the video?) -- I have never seen anything to justify that degree of force against a child.

Please, watch the event, and then tell us that the use of force was justified.

No, it was not justified. I already said he went overboard. But 11 cops did not. And a dozen or more teens also went overboard. And no one wants to even admit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx