TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

There are solutions. But some people do not want the solutions.

I am starting to ponder if something had happened recently

he was on the football team that is a social skills entitiy

apparently he was on the honor roll --

he picked the art class for a reason I would think

my first gut was relationship but then when I heard about bombs that faded but now I learned none of the bombs had anything meaningful in them

so basically it was a scare tactic

the art class is somewhat haunting imo

did his posts take a sudden dark turn ?

Onset leading to today kinda feels like it was in response to something as opposed to brewing

just wondering

honor toll and sports and mass murder do not seem like the classic recipe????

ANyone know when this school had prom??

on a lighter note i went with two girls and the man who bought me out -- talk irony!

COntinuing with a touch of levity I just noticed that Don Lemon is in england ( I would suppose for the wedding _ I thought i bet he begged for the assignment what gay guy does not love a big ceremony - hey that is just what went through my mind

i crack myself up at times - literally

still chuckling at the thought about Don !!

That is a very good question.

I am pretty sure that the rest of the world, who do not have this problem, did not allow their students to bring guns to school. And why would kids who wanted to 'hunt' bring their guns to school. What happened to going home from school and picking your guns up? I believe that the gun culture started here. I am tough, I have a gun in my truck.

Perhaps you would have to experience what I'm saying first hand to understand it. The kids went hunting in a different location and direction from their house and with only a small window of daylight after school it made sense to bring them to school. I'm tough, I have a gun in my truck is not the mentality where I'm from and still isn't - not even close. Where I'm from people don't announce they have a gun and flash them around. But, like everything there's always the exception. Anybody who respects guns wouldn't do that. I know every place is different, but I'm not from Mars and there are many other communities that are similar to where I'm from.

Agreed. And it&#8217;s been almost 20 since Columbine. All of them are beyond awful. Mind boggling.

Two people shoot up a school 19 years ago, and now it's a thing. There were plenty of fights at my high school, but back in the day, they fought with fists.

I am not a gun person, and I am very anti-assault weapons. In this case, the gunman had a shotgun and a pistol, if the accounts are correct, and he still managed to kill 10 people. I hurt for the victims and their families.

If there is a definitive solution to this problem, I don't know what it is. But let me throw some ideas out.

If you are a parent and you have guns, please secure them. Lock them in a case or a drawer. Keep the only key in your possession.

Schools: Install metal detectors at all entrances. Rigorously enforce anti-bullying policies. Install automatic classroom locks. Use ShotSpotter technology.

yes, almost 20 years! crazy.

Today’s shooting really does bring back Columbine, though. It shortens the time-space continuum, for lack of a better phrase. It’s a loop. It just keeps playing out again and again.

So very sad that so little has changed since that awful, awful slaughter nearly two decades ago.

Ignoring the elephant in the room. Where I live there are many entrances into schools, but no school shootings. I can't imagine why.

The eye shifting ( from one that shall not be named) today was revealing.Hint : spoke at NRA gathering about a week ago.
Talk about a disgrace...IMO

This thread is closed for review. Tricia will review it and will reopen the thread in the morning.

Thank you.

OK Everyone,

Let's try this again. Discuss the shooting, the shooter, the police and anything directly connected to this case. Please leave out gun control or any gun argument.

Perhaps when we move to the new forum next week we can start up the gun control thread again.

Please do not insult each other, do not make some clever remark and then deny you were trying to attack someone.

Please behave. Timeouts will be flying out of here like ducks flying to their winter home if it all starts up again.

Thank you,

J.J. Watt Offers to Pay for Funerals of Santa Fe School Shooting Victims

A few hours after 10 people were killed in a shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, Tex., on Friday, representatives of J.J. Watt, a defensive end for the Houston Texans, were on the phone with local leaders offering his help: He would pay for the victims&#8217; funerals.

The Texans said in a statement they were &#8220;saddened by the tragic events at Santa Fe High School&#8221; and extended &#8220;heartfelt condolences to the victims, their families and all those affected.&#8221; On Twitter, Mr. Watt described the shooting as &#8220;absolutely horrific.&#8221;

In deadly Texas school shooting, a confession but no clear motive

The mother of one of the 10 people killed at a Texas high school said her daughter recently rejected the romantic advances of the 17-year-old charged in the shootings, a possible motive for the violent tragedy.

Sadie Rodriguez said her daughter, Shana Fisher, had made clear that she was not interested in Dimitrios Pagourtzis.

"He continued to get more aggressive," Rodriguez told The Associated Press in an interview conducted Saturday via Facebook. "She finally stood up to him and embarrassed him."

Authorities say Pagourtzis planned the killings, carried out with weapons owned by his father. Though Pagourtzis allegedly wrote about his intention to carry out the attack, authorities have not indicated a motive for the violence.

Schools: Install metal detectors at all entrances. Rigorously enforce anti-bullying policies. Install automatic classroom locks. Use ShotSpotter technology.

It can be very difficult to determine who is bullying who. For example, some reports say that the shooter was bullied. Yet one of the victim's family reports that the shooter was harassing and bullying their daughter.

One of the victims: unrequited love?
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...hooting-suspect-harassed-victim/285-556073282

Fisher, Baze's oldest daughter, reportedly rejected Pagourtzis. No one is sure if that led to her being gunned down in an art class at her school.

Thomas is Fisher's father. The family believe she was killed first by a shotgun blast. Investigators told them the teen is not recognizable.

Seems like that is the theme over and over again. A male who,thinks he is owed a female

One of the victims: unrequited love?
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...hooting-suspect-harassed-victim/285-556073282

Fisher, Baze's oldest daughter, reportedly rejected Pagourtzis. No one is sure if that led to her being gunned down in an art class at her school.

Thomas is Fisher's father. The family believe she was killed first by a shotgun blast. Investigators told them the teen is not recognizable.

Horrible.

I can't even imagine the suffering of her family. Incomprehensible evil.

Stories of hero’s emerging
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-john-barnes-others-called-heroes/625847002/

One of the officers, identified as John Barnes, was the first person to engage 17-year-old suspect Dimitrios Pagourtzis. Barnes was shot in the process and is in critical condition. Another officer, the district chief, got Barnes to safety, according to McCraw. McCraw said a state trooper also engaged the shooter.

Steve Rose, a teacher at Santa Fe high school, ordered all the students to hide under their desks and crouched next to the door, waiting to jump on the shooter if he came in, student Kaylee Haaga said. Haaga said Rose told the students: “It’s my life before y’alls."

Student Chris Stone, was one of the 10 people killed in Friday’s massacre, according to the Associated Press. Stone's classmate Abel San Miguel told the AP that Stone was one of multiple students trying to block a classroom door, but that the gunman fired through the door and hit Stone in the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper