TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.......and per congressman Randy Weber on the MSN live stream:........."mentally ill", "metal detectors", "campus security".......blah, blah, blah.

Same responses, same choreographed dance.

As the death toll climbs from school shootings, the lunatics are still running the asylum.:gaah:

The photos are traumatizing enough to look at. I cant even begin to process going thru something like this! Their kids!!!

My girlfriend has an out of control 16 year old whom slapped her one day, my girlfriend's reaction was to smack her daughter back then started grabbing at one another. My girlfriend decided this was not happening and walk away to cool off. In the meantime her daughter called the police and they advised my friend she would go to jail next time. That she should have called them when her daughter hit her not hit her back.
Not that I'm correct but my daughter was there when my friend was telling me all this and my response was moral of this story if I'm going to jail for disciplining my child I'll make sure it's worth it.
I'm trying hard to raise my children to be very well rounded. It's hard in today's society.

PRAYERS To the family, friends and students whom have just had their lives turned upside down inside out :(

:facepalm:

Sounds a lot like "I'll give you something to cry about."

https://twitter.com/tminsberg/status/997511328561582081

From verified NY Times editor/reporter:

[FONT=&amp]Talya Minsberg‏Verified account @tminsberg 1h1 hour agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Reporter: "Was there a part of you that was like, 'this isn't real, this would not happen in my school?'"

Student: "No ... it's been happening everywhere, I always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too."

[/FONT]
https://nyti.ms/2IrQ2Xf

Yes this is the quote I saw. Thanks for finding it.

I can’t even with this. How are any of the students who have survived previous shootings ever supposed to heal when this keeps happening? We are broken here in America. Broken. [emoji174]

PTSD lasts a lifetime. They shouldn't fear attending school.

IMO children are not being raised to have coping skills.
Not that I'm a perfect parent nor claiming I'm doing things correct, but I don't coddle my children and when there is an incident at school I don't make a huge fuss and run to the principle and demand my child be treated a certain way. I basically tell my kids some kids just suck and to ignore them and to not react back at them. Both my older children 13 and 14 have dealt with bully's and it's not that I don't take it serious but I want my kids to be strong enough to deal with it and not let it devastate them. We have dealt with death, molestation, abuse from their bio dad and many other life challenges. But we deal with them. I don't know this kids story or why he did this but it seems it all stems from how they are raised. Not blaming parents either it's society as a whole IMO.
If you profile mass shooters. Coddled, spoiled, not raised “tough” enough is not a common thread imo.

Why would a teacher pull a fire alarm? Wouldn't that make matters worse?? I thought they were supposed to lock themselves in their rooms...not have kids running through the halls, possibly toward a shooter.

I feel like there’s been some
Discussion about this after other shootings and I don’t remember where they ended up. But I do remember the discussion being around whether they were sitting ducks in a classroom.

Almost the end of the school year, too. My high schooler is taking finals today. They should be daydreaming about summer break right now. There are no words.

I miss the days when HS kids were nervous, anxious about finals, excited for prom, summer break. Shouldn't they be allowed to enjoy life without living in absolute terror?

I heard police audio. Sounded like a methodical execution. Stomach-turningly horrific.

What do we all know, websleuthers?

All I know is 9 students dead and 1 teacher, suspect in custody. Guns used and IEDs set up.

Do ya'll have more info?

.......and per congressman Randy Weber on the MSN live stream:........."mentally ill", "metal detectors", "campus security".......blah, blah, blah.

As the death toll climbs from school shootings, the lunatics are still running the asylum.:gaah:

its not gonna stop

this is like a car that wont start every time

but people talk about it and dont change anything and think it will start

it is asine

this is just going on forever until something changes

truly that simple

pathetic

so now i am like ok i am hearing 8 in one hospital 7 in another and 10 dead

so are we really talking about like 30 human beings that are changed forever today?

but my dear i want you to know Cruz took 8 seconds to tweet about how horrible this is

BARF

lets just be honest

this is not gonna stop

no backbacks in any school in the nation

we all survived carrying books

for youngins - no plugs are needed for books they have pages inside!

i would assume walking in with nothing but their laptops might make this easier to avoid

in addition, think of the millions of bucks that can be given to schools not having to -- after each of these spending 78 hours afterwards of cops going through backpacks

we did not pack suitcases to go to school

PS: books weigh more than a laptop - we survived -- AND learned how to talk in real terms

common sense

confirmed there is another active scene at a mobile home

I don't see it changing anytime either.

I don't know, but it seems kind of unlikely that he managed to plant all of those bombs [or explosives] inside the school, all around the school and at his home, and then go and start shooting everyone, managing to kill up to 10 people all before 8AM.
Are his parents or whoever was living with him okay? Does he have any siblings?

I think many of us knew it would happen again before the end of the school year. Mentally disturbed people see this as a way to instant fame.

Trump was just on CNN. about what you'd expect. "This happens too much' and 'We are doing everything in our power'...blah, blah.

Many people seek fame any way they can get it. It is a serious issue.

MSNBC Live:

- According to students, suspect wore a trench coat to school regardless of high temperatures

- Suspect was quiet & wore headphones often

- Second person is older than 17 yo

- Suspect had a handgun, shot gun & AR-15 w/ him

I agree, snick.

* inserts something about easy access to firearms, their high use in domestic violence murders and "impulsive" acts like suicide here *

Not sure fame is what they seek. Perhaps infamy. Or just perhaps annihilation — of everything.

Instead of turning the weapon on themselves, they point it outward and just. destroy. everyone. and. every. thing. they. blame. for. their. pain.

*sigh*

re: "We are doing everything in our power." ... Really?! As I said in an earlier post, it's time to be the change. Not talk about it, not wait for someone else to do it, and not fight the gun lobby. Start local. Vote. Contact your city, county and state representatives. Use our voices.

We are the change we want to see in the world. The time is now.

If they commit suicide they don't make headline news nor terrorize people they feel have wronged them.
This guy was listed as an HS football player that went to the art class before school to shoot students. Was he bullied or is the bully? Most art students are quiet, introverts that are often victims of bullying.

:facepalm:

Sounds a lot like "I'll give you something to cry about."

This is exactly what I wanted to say.
It's been proven time and time again by studies and living examples that hitting does nothing for a child but make them worse. Imagine if you had a conflict with another adult and you solved it by putting hands on them. It's not appropriate is it? But suddenly when it's child it's okay. Reminds me of my own mom and the idea that children are "property". Treating kids like property and hitting them is not working and makes things worse.

People with this fine a grip on things are prone to thinking "kids these days" are worse and lazy and yadda yadda yadda. Don't want to understand, just want to hit. When your language involves hitting how on earth can you be thinking you're going to get through to a kid like that????

At this point appears he sure had been planning this for a bit. And anyone else who may be involved.

If you profile mass shooters. Coddled, spoiled, not raised “tough” enough is not a common thread imo.

Very true. They're typically personality disordered injustice collectors, some with mental health and/or neurological issues like on the autism spectrum.

These are very disturbed, enraged, socially alienated people.

We've had spoiled and coddled kids in our nation since it began, believe it or not. I remember a Little House on the Prairie book (The Big woods), which described an incredibly spoiled cousin of Laura Ingalls. Spoiling and coddling causes serious issues like addiction or an inability to support oneself. But this kind of monstrous madness? I've seen nothing to suggest that.

I think we are past the point of no return. Mass shootings, including school shootings, are an unavoidable fact of American life like tornadoes and traffic jams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en