TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/santa-fe-high-school-shooting-today-2018-05-18-live-stream-updates/

Two students and a school resource officer were shot and injured in the shooting, CBS News has learned. Another law enforcement officer was also injured but was not shot.

>snip<

"Black trenchcoat, short kind of guy, had a sawed-off shotgun," Damon said.

The substitute teacher then pulled the fire alarm in the hopes of alerting students and faculty in other areas of the school and getting them to evacuate.

>snip<

In Washington, President Trump reacted to the shooting on Twitter. "School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!" Mr. Trump said.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/dimitrios-pagourtzis/

attachment.php

Attachments

• dimitrios-pagourtzis1.jpg
    dimitrios-pagourtzis1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 193
At what point will we just not take it anymore? I have grandchildren who are in elementary school and at this point I can only see this problem getting worse as time goes on. What will the odds be when my grandchildren are in high school?

Now's the point where we can't take it anymore. We're living that moment. There's hope, Isabelle. We all have to make this work.

Our children are sick and tired of dying in a gun war that they want no part of. They weren't even drafted into it. They just want a decent education without being murdered.

At what point will we just not take it anymore? I have grandchildren who are in elementary school and at this point I can only see this problem getting worse as time goes on. What will the odds be when my grandchildren are in high school?

IMO children are not being raised to have coping skills.
Not that I'm a perfect parent nor claiming I'm doing things correct, but I don't coddle my children and when there is an incident at school I don't make a huge fuss and run to the principle and demand my child be treated a certain way. I basically tell my kids some kids just suck and to ignore them and to not react back at them. Both my older children 13 and 14 have dealt with bully's and it's not that I don't take it serious but I want my kids to be strong enough to deal with it and not let it devastate them. We have dealt with death, molestation, abuse from their bio dad and many other life challenges. But we deal with them. I don't know this kids story or why he did this but it seems it all stems from how they are raised. Not blaming parents either it's society as a whole IMO.

MSNBC Live:

- No expressed interest in radical ideology, no Isis interest, no domestic radical extremism stands out according to reporter and federal officials who are going through DP's SM

Yes, let's go ahead and blame the coddled, spoiled, fussy kids these days. They were poorly raised. They all suffer affluenza and entitlement misplacement disease.

They don't have real problems or enough people around them to raise them right. (Who are those people, exactly &#8212; us? Methinks probably. Let's be the change. Let's be better adult humans. All of us. ... For our kids.)

Why would a teacher pull a fire alarm? Wouldn't that make matters worse?? I thought they were supposed to lock themselves in their rooms...not have kids running through the halls, possibly toward a shooter.

Yes, let's go ahead and blame the coddled, spoiled, fussy kids these days. They were poorly raised. They all suffer affluenza and entitlement misplacement disease.

They don't have real problems or enough people around them to raise them right. (Who are those people, exactly — us? Methinks probably. Let's be the change. Let's be better adult humans. All of us. ... For our kids.)

My girlfriend has an out of control 16 year old whom slapped her one day, my girlfriend's reaction was to smack her daughter back then started grabbing at one another. My girlfriend decided this was not happening and walk away to cool off. In the meantime her daughter called the police and they advised my friend she would go to jail next time. That she should have called them when her daughter hit her not hit her back.
Not that I'm correct but my daughter was there when my friend was telling me all this and my response was moral of this story if I'm going to jail for disciplining my child I'll make sure it's worth it.
I'm trying hard to raise my children to be very well rounded. It's hard in today's society.

PRAYERS To the family, friends and students whom have just had their lives turned upside down inside out :(

Why would a teacher pull a fire alarm? Wouldn't that make matters worse?? I thought they were supposed to lock themselves in their rooms...not have kids running through the halls, possibly toward a shooter.

Those are my thoughts. Shelter in place is safest. How would one know who pulled the alarm? And why would a Teacher do so and put Students at risk????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en