TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If reports are correct how does one have a "manufacturing" trailer and nobody notices in small quarters. Maybe he lived on his own?

Did the parents NOT notice his BORN TO KILL t-shirt and collection of knives and guns? That's a huge RED FLAG!
We don't even know if he has parents. We don't know who lives with him. But I'm not going to judge the parents, we don't know them. It's not that hard to hide things from parents, especially if we're looking at a single parent, or even both parents, working long hours outside of the home. We know about parents working 2 jobs to make sure there's food on the table. This kid was quiet, didn't cause any trouble, was on the Principal's Honor List one year, was in the football team. So, he was quiet but not quiet enough for people to find it weird. Some parents choose to ignore the warning signs, but others just don't see it. If I had a child that never gave me any problems, that behaved both at home and at school, had okay grades, was even part of a sports team (meaning, he wasn't really isolating himself) and I never heard that child talking about guns and I never saw any violent behaviour, I don't think I would be thinking "oh no, my kid is probably going to end up shooting up the whole school". Not everything is black and white. The "born to kill" shirt is very alarming though but yet again, maybe that was posted on a secret account, maybe the parents didn't have social media. I'm not defending anyone, this is terrible and nothing - I repeat, NOTHING - justifies this hideous massacre, but I also don't think we should start throwing stones at the parents already, it doesn't do any good and we just don't know enough yet. Maybe they did know and didn't care, or maybe they were clueless. It has to be really hard to have your own child do something like this.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like the austin bomber...it was probably in his environment, this striving to be apart of the military so they can legally kill, this rugged new age survivalist crap preparing for a war with the government, the guns = liberty stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if a look into the family revealed this.

That mass shooting involved a family and didn't take place at school or public place.

ah. i wasn't aware of that. so yep, just 'Murica again.
Men/boys (I hesitate to call him a boy, boys younger then him who have been killed have been referred to as young men) like this love to, feel entitled to, make everyone feel their pain. Just a complete disregard for society like this is a greater threat to American than any of the current so-called threats like immigrants.

he aspired to serve and protect by going in the military

fond of nazi signs

and kamaza pilots

rapidly moving away from gfriend notion

sounds like they both had the same belief systems

moo

I wonder how the military would view his fondness for Nazi, Hammer and Sickle pins?

Pagourtzis’ parents are Antonios Pagourtzis and Rose Marie Kosmetatos. Online records show that they were married in Texas in March 2000. At the time of their marriage, Pagourtzis’ father was 45, his mother was 30. Pagourtzis’ father, who is originally from Greece owns North American Marine. Antonios Pagourtzis says he is from the town of Magoulitsa in Kardhitsa, Greece, and now lives in Houston, Texas. The suspect’s mother works as an administrative associate in pediatric endocrinology at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, according to a government salary database maintained by the Texas Tribune.

In November 2014, Pagourtzis’ was a dancer at the Galveston Greek Festival, according to a post on the group’s Facebook page. As a dancer, Pagourtzis’ photo was also shown on the website for the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, a Greek Orthodox Church in Galveston, Texas.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/dimitrios-pagourtzis/

We don't even know if he has parents. We don't know who lives with him. But I'm not going to judge the parents, we don't know them. It's not that hard to hide things from parents, especially if we're looking at a single parent, or even both parents, working long hours outside of the home. We know about parents working 2 jobs to make sure there's food on the table. This kid was quiet, didn't cause any trouble, was on the Principal's Honor List one year, was in the football team. So, he was quiet but not quiet enough for people to find it weird. Some parents choose to ignore the warning signs, but others just don't see it. If I had a child that never gave me any problems, that behaved both at home and at school, had okay grades, was even part of a sports team (meaning, he wasn't really isolating himself) and I never heard that child talking about guns and I never saw any violent behaviour, I don't think I would be thinking "oh no, my kid is probably going to end up shooting up the whole school". Not everything is black and white. The "born to kill" shirt is very alarming though but yet again, maybe that was posted on a secret account, maybe the parents didn't have social media. I'm not defending anyone, this is terrible and nothing - I repeat, NOTHING - justifies this hideous massacre, but I also don't think we should start throwing stones at the parents already, it doesn't do any good and we just don't know enough yet. Maybe they did know and didn't care, or maybe they were clueless. It has to be really hard to have your own child do something like this.

Not judging parents either but he posted a picture of that shirt on FB and the weapons on Instagram. SOMEONE saw them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, according to multiple media and LE reports, official numbers right now appear to be:

• 9-10 dead
• at least 12 wounded

• one adult male shot in upper arm, near chest, was taken to operating room, unsure of how many times he was shot, in critical condition
• one adult female shot, fair condition
• one female student shot in leg, treated in ER, in good condition, admitted into hospital
• Regional Medical Center confirms 6 of 8 patients there have been treated and released
• adult male victim at UTMB is retired police officer John Barnes
• 16-year-old male in pediatric operating room has leg injuries

(Some of the above may end up being duplicates once names are released, imo.)

• explosive devices found on and off campus
• suspect allegedly used a shotgun or similar firearm
• gunfire first erupted in first-period art class
• a teacher allegedly activated fire alarm to alert students

• 1 suspect in custody, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, presumed shooter, a 17-year-old student
• 1 other person of interest in custody

Yes -A women spoke to CNN saying this was the 2nd incident today-the first incident was A prank call-two months ago in Santa Fe High School saying someone set off fire crackers in school hallway to see how long the police got there.

Possibly a test run by the same shooter.

Why would a teacher pull a fire alarm? Wouldn't that make matters worse?? I thought they were supposed to lock themselves in their rooms...not have kids running through the halls, possibly toward a shooter.

Can't speak to everywhere, but we recently revamped our plans. No longer is hiding the main objective. We now do "run, hide, fight" drills.
1. Run if you can/feel it is safe. That's the priority - get out and get to safety. (I can't imagine any teachers pulling the alarm though...)
2. Hide. Similar to the old shelter in place except there's no more cowering in the corner, seated. Still staying out of sight but no more sitting down. Active and ready to fight, if needed. Everyone armed with *something* they can use to fight back/distract.
3. Fight. Last resort. Self explanatory.

This is for all grades k-12 in my district. As a parent and educator... it's terrifying to sit through these trainings. This is not what we signed up for.

Just got in and finding this latest incident. I would not want to be a student these days. This is becoming all too common for me. And we still have no solution to how to avoid these from occurring? It is way too easy to find info on making explosives ..

I'd refuse to go. I hated school as is. I prefer to study alone. There are excellent online schools as options now. But sucks for those that are extroverted and actually enjoy attending for the activities, and social events,

we have gone through this training at my job.

Not that hitting is correct but sure as heck didn't have these problems when we could spank our kids.

???

Demonstrably untrue.

Violence begets violence.

... So what has changed? Great question.

=BooBooTheFool;14114825]Other countries have gun control laws but there was recently a mass shooting in Australia.

Yes, the first one in twenty one years. They do not happen routinely in Australia. He was a farmer, farmer's are allowed to have guns and it was a domestic incident.

Here is what we know about Pagourtzis:

He was wearing “trenchcoat and big boots,” according to a student who said he saw the shooter. Police have not confirmed what he was wearing.

He is 17 years old.

He is in the 11th grade at Santa Fe High School.

He threw pipe bombs into some classrooms, witnesses say. Devices were found in and around the school, officials said.

The weapon Pagourtzis used was described as a shotgun by witnesses, but police have not confirmed that.

Law enforcement says a pressure cooker with an explosive device was found at the scene.

A Facebook page under the same name as Pagourtzis, has been taken down.

A witness said students and coaches at the school would bully Pagourtzis and “call him names.”

https://www.whio.com/news/national/...ta-high-school-attack/TgsQw37PdCk3GM8QuLvcfI/

???

Demonstrably untrue.

Violence begets violence.

... So what has changed? Great question.

The rose tinted sunglasses, there weren't mass shootings just like this but society had problems. And all sorts of terrible things were turned a blind eye to.

Really don't think hitting a kid like this would've done anything but make him angrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en