Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hoping for peace for Bambi's parents, and to Paul and Lorie. May Bambi now rest in peace.

My condolences to Bambi's family. Am thankful you now have peace in knowing not only where Bambi is but that she was cared for with love by the folks of Amarillo. Prayers are with you.

I'm sorry that this identification couldn't have been made years ago, I'm sure the years of wondering have been horrible. But I'm glad that those of you in her family now have answers. May she rest in peace.

Welcome fbrushman!
Good point about the blouse, that makes a lot of sense. There must have been a good reason it was gone, and a concert tee would've ID her right away.
You say she didn't run away but left for a reason, but I don't know exactly what you mean. My cousin ran away, but her reason was she was angry over a curfew. BTW,she did come home after a year, and it all worked out in the end.
If Bambi was kidnapped I don't think that they would have let her wash her things and fix herself up, although I don't know for sure.

Do you have an idea of what would have given her a reason to leave? Thank god that she is found, what happened is such a tragedy for everyone involved....

Rudolf, I suspect Bambi was kidnapped.
The reason I suspect Bambi was taken from the concert against her will is: because anyone who is legally blind does not leave their glasses behind.

Most 17 yr.old girls would definitely have told her girlfriends IF she planned on leaving home....

Could Bambi have been tricked/lied to in order to get her into a car or bus?

I feel IF she had left willingly, she would have called a family member sometime in the days following her disappearance..to get her glasses mailed to her or so her loving parents would not worry.

The people Bambi was with at the concert has to have the clue's to what happened that night...at the concert, back stage, in the parking lot or on the way home from the concert... imo..

:rose: You can now rest in Peace Beautiful Bambi..

Thank you all for your heart felt words.This has been extremely hard on us.This week is like a blur.We have watched so many sites and seen many nice videos done by stations in Amarillo_One of them has footage of the original scene when they found Bambi and moved her from the drainage pipe.That was hard to watch knowing she was in the bag on the stretcher they moved her on.We so wish we had known she was gone that night by whom ever took her.We all wish we could have protected her.We know that someone knows why and how she got there.The police will figure it out.We know they will and Bambi's killer will be brought to justice.Thank you all for your kind words and all the help every one has given to us to bring Bambi back to us. Sincerly Lorie (Bambi's sister-in-law)

The reason I suspect Bambi was taken from the concert against her will is: because anyone who is legally blind does not leave their glasses behind.

Most 17 yr.old girls would definitely have told her girlfriends IF she planned on leaving home....

I feel IF she had left willingly, she would have called a family member sometime in the days following her disappearance..to get her glasses mailed to her or so her loving parents would not worry.

The people Bambi was with at the concert has to have the clue's to what happened that night...at the concert, back stage, in the parking lot or on the way home from the concert... imo..

Mysterylover,

Bambi couldn't be considered legally blind & have a drivers license & a car. Lorie posted on In Session she had a car. They don't / won't give a license to a legally blind person.

I've never heard of a kidnapper letting his victim take showers & clean up, wash the clothes on her back etc

The reason I discounted the kidnapping theory is there is no sign of beating or bruising. Nothing to indicate that she was being forced. She had no drugs or alcohol in her system, so she wasn't being coerced in that way. I think, as far as her glasses go, she got her contacts and just figured that was all she needed. I think that teenagers think differently about that sort of thing.
She was a pretty girl and the last thing she would've wanted is heavy corrective lenses. And she might have been killed before she was able to contact her family, she was only gone less than a week.

Having said that, it might have been a spur of the moment thing. Someone says "I'm going to Texas, come along, it'll be a blast. But don't tell anyone, you're underage and I could get arrested. We'll be back in a couple days." She was underage, and it would've been a crime( I'm speculating here), even if it was the most innocent of adventures. She doesn't strike me as a girl who would take careless chances, but maybe in the spirit of adventure she would've gone. Did that person kill her? Or was it someone else she met? Is that the correct scenario or is it something totally different? The police will sort it all out in the coming months.
Thank God, she has been found and at least that part of the puzzle is solved.
I can imagine her so full of hope and life, and, in that light, what happened to her is a true tragedy.

I just wanted to say that this is great news for the Dick family, to have some closure after all these years.

And it feels weird to be congratulating someone but...Snufamobbal, who started this thread with this match to begin with (I know I'm spelling it wrong)...great job on this one. we all spend so many hours going over the details of these cases, and it must be so gratifying to know that not only was a puzzle solved and a match made...and I wanted to let you know that you've done a great thing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dear Paul and Lori-

Thank you for letting us walk a few steps with you on this journey. I know you have your Bambi back, but you are far from having "closure" I suspect. I hope the answers come quickly and justice is swift now that she has been found. You and yours are in my prayers. Know that Bambi knows you never stopped wondering and caring where she was...

Just because Bambi was well kept does not mean that she was showering and/or washing her clothes. Maybe she was taken to a place where her clothes did not get dirty. Maybe she was being held hostage but they did let her use the bathroom. She also could have been cleaning up in gas station and convenient store bathrooms. Being well groomed idicates that she was a person who would take care of herself regardless of the situation. Maybe she was allowed to use the bathroom because they did not plan to kill her. Maybe something went South and then it happened. Maybe she went willingly but then changed her mind and wanted to come home and they would not let her.Maybe she saw something that she should not have seen. Who knows it may have been a jealous girlfriend. Let's not rule out a female killer. Remember Sara Kolb? So many questions and not enough answers. It is also possible that the girlfriend that kept changing her story was just covering for Bambi not knowing that she was headed for trouble. Maybe until now she did not even know she was missing, least of all dead. By the looks of the internet many people did not even know she was missing. I do not understand that when the family hired a P.I. I surely would want to talk to him and get his files. When they find the killer (and I do say when) a lot of questions will be answered. I do hope the family continues to keep us up to date as we are all praying for justice. Justice for Bambi and justice for her family. God Bless this whole family. Rest in peace sweet Bambi.
Nancy

RIP Bambi! God bless the Dick family.

Just a word about being legally blind and driving. Yes, several states allow you to obtain a license and drive if you are legally blind as long as your vision can be corrected while wearing glasses or lenses. My mom is "legally blind" without any corrections, however she can see perfectly with glasses and contact lenses. Hope that makes sense.

Just because Bambi was well kept does not mean that she was showering and/or washing her clothes. Maybe she was taken to a place where her clothes did not get dirty. Maybe she was being held hostage but they did let her use the bathroom. She also could have been cleaning up in gas station and convenient store bathrooms. Being well groomed idicates that she was a person who would take care of herself regardless of the situation. Maybe she was allowed to use the bathroom because they did not plan to kill her. Maybe something went South and then it happened. Maybe she went willingly but then changed her mind and wanted to come home and they would not let her.Maybe she saw something that she should not have seen. Who knows it may have been a jealous girlfriend. Let's not rule out a female killer. Remember Sara Kolb? So many questions and not enough answers. It is also possible that the girlfriend that kept changing her story was just covering for Bambi not knowing that she was headed for trouble. Maybe until now she did not even know she was missing, least of all dead. By the looks of the internet many people did not even know she was missing. I do not understand that when the family hired a P.I. I surely would want to talk to him and get his files. When they find the killer (and I do say when) a lot of questions will be answered. I do hope the family continues to keep us up to date as we are all praying for justice. Justice for Bambi and justice for her family. God Bless this whole family. Rest in peace sweet Bambi.
Nancy
Maybe she just ran away and ran into the wrong guy.

RIP sweet Bambi. I have a hard time believing that this sweet girl just ran away out of the blue. Someone somewhere does know what happened. Maybe it was just a whim to head to Texas and surprise her boyfriend. Someone could have came up with the idea and talked her into going with them. This is just so sad. :(

Paul and Lorie, thank ya'll so much for keeping us updated. I am so, so sorry for all of the pain and suffering that all of you have had to go through all these years. I'm glad you finally know and have some closure, but I feel your pain too. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Paul, Lorie and family,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. Like you, my brain knew, but my heart hadn't processed this yet. I wish your family peace, rest and healing.

I so wish for the ability to ease your pain...you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

:blowkiss:

RIP Bambi, may you have some justice against the person that did this......

RIP Bambi. My heartfelt prayers go out to the family. Although thankfully she was properly identified, it still doesn't eliminate the pain.

May Hell burn extra hot for the piece of garbage who committed this crime.

Mysterylover,

Bambi couldn't be considered legally blind & have a drivers license & a car. Lorie posted on In Session she had a car. They don't / won't give a license to a legally blind person.

I've never heard of a kidnapper letting his victim take showers & clean up, wash the clothes on her back etc

Lurker here usually but.....My daughter is legally blind ( which actually means, without her glasses everything is very blurry. But according to her Optometrist she IS legally blind...not sure of her exact vision diagnosis but it is far from 20/20 )BUT with glasses or contacts has ok vision.she has a DL and can legally drive.

I read a news article on a different site that stated that back in the early 90's an unknown person was found mourning at the then still Jane Doe's grave site. Does anyone know if anything ever came out of that? Also does anyone know where in Texas the boyfriend lived?

Mel ~

I am hoping that the Dick family is doing OK and that there is movement on Bambi's case-we are a willing audience if anyone has any information to share...

Home / News / Local News

Amarillo detectives to visit Davenport to interview relatives, friends of Bambi Dick

Thomas Geyer | Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:50 pm | (3) Comments
Font Size: Default font size Larger font size Bambi Lynn Dick, 17, of Davenport, Iowa, disappeared in 1983 after going to a concert at the Col Ballroom. A Jane Doe found in Amarillo, Texas, has been identified as Bambi's, according to her sister Lori Dick. (Contributed photo)

Two investigators from the Amarillo Special Crimes Unit will be in Davenport this week interviewing family and friends of murder victim Bambi Dick in an effort to make progress on the case.
Lt. Gary Trupe of the Amarillo Special Crimes Unit said the detectives will arrive Tuesday and will be in town three to four days. They are looking for anyone with information that might help them solve Dick’s disappearance and murder.
Dick, then 17, went to the Quiet Riot and Axe concert at the Col Ballroom in Davenport on the night of Sept. 28, 1983. Her family never saw her again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back