TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was nothing peculiar about the day Prisma Reyes disappeared without a trace — which makes it even more troubling.

"It's the middle of downtown Dallas at five o'clock in the evening on a spring day," Mesquite Police Department Det. Dustan Barrett tells PEOPLE. "You would expect somebody would have seen something."

Instead, law enforcement and family members turn to surveillance video that captured the final hours of Reyes' whereabouts.

More at Family of Missing Texas Mom Still Looking for Answers 3 Years After Her Disappearance

Has the babysitter finally spoken about what the almost 1-hour conversation she had with Prisma on the phone that day? The fact that she doesn’t want to tell police what they spoke about confuses me. Well maybe she did tell police but I might’ve missed it.

Has the babysitter finally spoken about what the almost 1-hour conversation she had with Prisma on the phone that day? The fact that she doesn’t want to tell police what they spoke about confuses me. Well maybe she did tell police but I might’ve missed it.
IIRC, she spoke to police but refuses to speak to the family any further. According to her, she and Prisma talked about the upcoming Easter holidays. Prisma's family might not believe her.

There was nothing peculiar about the day Prisma Reyes disappeared without a trace — which makes it even more troubling.

"It's the middle of downtown Dallas at five o'clock in the evening on a spring day," Mesquite Police Department Det. Dustan Barrett tells PEOPLE. "You would expect somebody would have seen something."

Instead, law enforcement and family members turn to surveillance video that captured the final hours of Reyes' whereabouts.

More at Family of Missing Texas Mom Still Looking for Answers 3 Years After Her Disappearance
It was an ordinary day but there were peculiar activities or actions. Unless these actions were ordinary for Prisma?

Meeting the ex for lunch, was this a “I haven’t seen you in a long time, let’s catch up over lunch” or had they been seeing each other again on a regular basis?

Drinking at lunch? Is that totally out of character for Prisma?

Blowing off going back to work? He talks about her working multiple jobs and is a hard worker but not returning to work is a red flag for me. He mentions working for multiple lawyers, running to the courthouse - I thought she worked at a car dealership?
When was her last job working for attorneys? Was she freelancing as a paralegal for various attorneys - is that what is meant by multiple jobs? Was this babysitter the usual daytime sitter? If Prisma worked multiple jobs, did she use the same sitter? That had to be expensive so you’d need a good income from her second job to offset that expense.

Continuing to drink alone after blowing off work is another red flag. Very concerning. Was this normal behavior for Prisma? Knowing she had to drive back to pick up her son? Was she known to consume alcohol in excess or was she upset over something?

The sudden decision to turn around and go to her ex’s apartment? What the heck was that about? To see if he was home after he told her he had other plans? Obsessed?
JMO

It was an ordinary day but there were peculiar activities or actions. Unless these actions were ordinary for Prisma?

Meeting the ex for lunch, was this a “I haven’t seen you in a long time, let’s catch up over lunch” or had they been seeing each other again on a regular basis?

Blowing off going back to work? He talks about her working multiple jobs and is a hard worker but not returning to work is a red flag for me. He mentions working for multiple lawyers, running to the courthouse - I thought she worked at a car dealership?
When was her last job working for attorneys? Was she freelancing as a paralegal for various attorneys - is that what is meant by multiple jobs? Was this babysitter the usual daytime sitter? If Prisma worked multiple jobs, did she use the same sitter? That had to be expensive so you’d need a good income from her second job to offset that expense.

Continuing to drink alone after blowing off work is another red flag. Very concerning. Was this normal behavior for Prisma? Knowing she had to drive back to pick up her son? Was she known to consume alcohol in excess or was she upset over something?

The sudden decision to turn around and go to her ex’s apartment? What the heck was that about? To see if he was home after he told her he had other plans? Obsessed?
JMO
Prisma had been working at the car dealership for only two weeks when she disappeared. She had an argument earlier in the day with a coworker about a parking space. It's unclear when and why she left her previous job. Prisma also had a side job in the entertainment industry.

The babysitter was one of Prisma's friends.

JMO

I think she did work as a paralegal previously. The car dealership job was a new job and her most current. I don’t have any clue why she changed jobs. Maybe the car dealership was better pay and she could spend more time focused on her son? I know LE probably knows more but I am not sure why their hasn’t been more information released. Maybe they have a suspect but don’t have anything to pin them with. The more silence the more this case grows cold.

Prisma's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prisma-denisse-peralta-32b309ab. She became a paralegal in 2014.

Paralegal
The Ramos Law Firm
2014 -

TPL
Alegis Revenue Group, LLC
Jan 2015 - Jul 2015 (7 months)

Paralegal
Mathur Law Offices, P.C.
Oct 2014 - Nov 2014 (2 months)
Appears she hadn’t updated her LinkedIn in several years. Curious if her resume had more information. Maybe the paralegal jobs were temp since the ones on LinkedIn were of short duration.
It’s hard to believe she’s been missing for almost three years. :(

Her fb has some more employment info: Denisse Peralta

The Majors Firm
June 2018-

US Army National Guard
2016-
So she was still employed at The Majors Firm on some basis perhaps.

Working days at attorney/car dealership 40 hour per week and nights/weekends at an entertainment establishment plus a monthly weekend drill with the guard.
That’s a lot with a small child!

On the third anniversary of Prisma's disappearance the police released a new surveillance video from the Olympus garage. The video is only a few seconds long and shows prisma from another camera angle stumbling across the garage and disappearing under an access ramp. Prisma's step father and the detective assigned to her case appear in the news video below.

Missing Mesquite woman Prisma Reyes: Police release new video | wfaa.com

Last edited:
Another recent MSM article with the case summary and input from the detective assigned to her case, Dustan Barrett:

Mystery of missing mom haunts cop 3 years on - as he reveals chilling details

She called multiple people, a variation of friends and family, expressing that she was upset about "something".

Barrett said investigators are aware of what that something was, though declined to go into specifics.

Three years later, police still do not know if Reyes ever left the apartment building, because several exits of the parking lot were not covered by surveillance video.
Reyes' ex was not home at the time and did not return for several hours. Barrett said he provided police a "solid alibi" up until midnight that night and he is not considered a suspect.
Witnesses told police they saw Reyes get out of the elevator on either the fourth of fifth floor, according to Barrett. She was also seen walking on both floors of the building's parking garage.
"Evidence wise I can't rule anything out yet, but based on what we have, I believe it's going to be a nefarious reason."

Last edited:
The detective also spoke to Oxygen:

‘Mind-Boggling’: Police, Family Still Haunted By Texas Mom’s 2019 Disappearance | Oxygen Official Site

“It’s just very frustrating to not be able to get the answer,” Barrett said. “To know that we’ve taken all the steps we’ve added a lot of resources to still be where we were on April 18, 2019 is mind boggling and very frustrating.”

For years, Reyes’ family have also been convinced her disappearance is linked to foul play, describing her as a dedicated single mother who would never abandon her 6-year-old boy.

The detective also spoke to Oxygen:

‘Mind-Boggling’: Police, Family Still Haunted By Texas Mom’s 2019 Disappearance | Oxygen Official Site

“It’s just very frustrating to not be able to get the answer,” Barrett said. “To know that we’ve taken all the steps we’ve added a lot of resources to still be where we were on April 18, 2019 is mind boggling and very frustrating.”

For years, Reyes’ family have also been convinced her disappearance is linked to foul play, describing her as a dedicated single mother who would never abandon her 6-year-old boy.

It could very well have been an accident as well, I'm sure she didn't want to abandon her child. But why hasn't she been located if so?

I have always thought that she left that bar a little tipsy and angry. MOO is that this contributed to her having had some sort of accident in or near that parking garage that resulted in her body being concealed. A dumpster, in between a wall, in a tank… in a location nobody would suspect. This latest report only makes me more certain of that.

Last edited:
I have always thought that she left that bar a little tipsy and angry. MOO is that this contributed to her having had some sort of accident in or near that parking garage that resulted in her body being concealed. A dumpster, in between a wall, in a tank… in a location nobody would suspect. This latest report only makes me more certain of that.
I can't believe police would not have checked every single nook and cranny....and dogs were out there also

There are many possibilities. We've talked about how she could have fallen into a dumpster, but I'm not sure how feasible that would have been. Do we know what floor of the parking garage she was on when she was last seen? I haven't seen anybody do a walk through of that parking garage with a video camera.

I can't believe police would not have checked every single nook and cranny....and dogs were out there also
Studies have shown that dogs aren't very reliable. Sometimes they're able to find people—living or dead—but they've consistently missed bodies in field tests.
The police sometimes think they've looked everywhere when they haven't. A disc jockey went missing from the club where he worked, and they found him a year later behind a wall.
D.J.'s mummified body found in club wall - UPI.com
Another guy was found behind a refrigerator in the store where he worked. He had been missing for ten years.
Body of a Man Missing for 10 Years Found Behind Refrigerator at the Supermarket Where He Worked
There have been quite a few other stories like those, too. I could post more examples, but I think you get the idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa
Back