TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I apologize in advance if the person charged has long been a suspect and I'm asking an obvious question, but is he someone who has been on LE's radar or is he "new"? I know Rachel's story in general, but haven't read everything about her case.

I also wanted to extend my support to the family since it sounds like Mr. Cooke may follow this board. This development must be very bittersweet for the Cookes. They may finally know their child's fate, but it must be crushing to know the details.

question-- where was moore living when he murdered christina, and (now so we think-) rachel?? and who was he living with, if anyone? does he have any relatives/friends with land or lake access nearby? did they check his momma's house? hopefully they are already on this.

I thought I read in one of the articles that he is married and had given Christina's wedding ring/ and or earrings to his wife. That is one way he got caught.

mocity said:
Oh my gosh.. .this just gave me the heeby jeebies. I remembered reading a physic reading of this case. I just went back to it http://www.underworldtales.com/rachel.htmAnyway, in the text she said she kept getting the name Christina and she thought it was someone else this killer had killed. Yikes - Christina Moore is the lady this man killed.
That is spooky.:eek:

Bradley would not answer questions on whether Cooke’s body had been found.

“There were several things that Michael told us that only the person who was involved in the abduction and the probable slaying of Rachel Cooke could have known. We verified the facts that he gave us and it was pretty obvious, well it was completely obvious, that he had to have been there … at the location and that his confession in all likelihood is true,” Williamson County Sheriff James Wilson said.
“We were ready for this phase of it, but he’s decided to play with us a little bit, but we’re still here, we’re not going away,” Janet Cooke, Rachel’s mother, said. “Closure’s going to come in bits and pieces, I think. And, I think, we got a little bit today.”

The morning’s events were upsetting to the Cooke family.

“Oh, I’m extremely angry, but I’ve been angry for four years, but I channel it in other directions,” Robert Cooke, Rachel’s father, said. “I just couldn’t believe that he would … put us through this, what his motives were to string us along and tell all the information he had told so far and not go through with it,” Robert said of the “not guilty” plea.

“I’d like to see him stay in jail the rest of his life. He’s a predator. He’s killed two people at least. That’s what we know. That’s what I know,” Robert said. “I think it’s hard to consider him a person. This is not a person.”

Moore’s involvement in the case was not made known to the Cooke family until Wednesday, Robert said.

Prayers for the Cooke family.

Thanks Kim. It is true that Christine and Rachel look a lot alike.

Scandi

the question again, is as always............. why.....?????

reb said:
the question again, is as always............. why.....?????
This is a question I agonize over all the time, Reb. Why innocent people are murdered, their families destroyed forever by the loss of a loved one. Why does it keep happening, year in and year out? Yes, it has been happening for thousands of years, in all societies, all around the world. But why does it continue, and why haven't we figured out how to prevent it?

I'm not sure murderous psychopaths know exactly why they kill, either. What I am beginning to come to terms with is that these evil people simply "are", just as evil simply "is". It exists in the world. Murderers will always exist alongside us until the end of time. We may not ever be able to figure out how to prevent people from killing.

I believe it is up to us to do everything we can to avoid coming in contact with, or crossing the paths of, murderous psychopaths. And if we ever do (chances are very slim, but it does happen--as with Rachel and so many others, unfortunately), we have to do everything in our power to fight back, to get help if possible, to escape, and to survive. Robert Cooke's work in encouraging women to take self-defense classes is a big part of this. But we also need to be alert to our surroundings, follow our instincts, watch out for each other, take cell phones with us wherever we go, and basically just be ready to fight for our lives if necessary.

Steve Huff, at Crimeblog.us, has an interesting post from yesterday about killers and psychopaths in his continuing discussion of the murders of Tori Vienneau and her infant son, Dean Springstube.

maima said:
This is a question I agonize over all the time, Reb. Why innocent people are murdered, their families destroyed forever by the loss of a loved one. Why does it keep happening, year in and year out? Yes, it has been happening for thousands of years, in all societies, all around the world. But why does it continue, and why haven't we figured out how to prevent it?

I'm not sure murderous psychopaths know exactly why they kill, either. What I am beginning to come to terms with is that these evil people simply "are", just as evil simply "is". It exists in the world. Murderers will always exist alongside us until the end of time. We may not ever be able to figure out how to prevent people from killing.

I believe it is up to us to do everything we can to avoid coming in contact with, or crossing the paths of, murderous psychopaths. And if we ever do (chances are very slim, but it does happen--as with Rachel and so many others, unfortunately), we have to do everything in our power to fight back, to get help if possible, to escape, and to survive. Robert Cooke's work in encouraging women to take self-defense classes is a big part of this. But we also need to be alert to our surroundings, follow our instincts, watch out for each other, take cell phones with us wherever we go, and basically just be ready to fight for our lives if necessary.

Steve Huff, at Crimeblog.us, has an interesting post from yesterday about killers and psychopaths in his continuing discussion of the murders of Tori Vienneau and her infant son, Dean Springstube.
You wrote that so nicely Maima.....
I barely know how Mr Cooke can live through the thoughts of his missing daughter.
Having three of my own, I just think it would be so hard to press on.
But, he is doing the best thing to work through this horror. Keeping busy with
helping women stay safe.
I so wish America would get tougher, be tough, dish out strong sentences....
and get these varmits off of the streets. No second chances.......
We need to chip these criminals,and monitor them like lab rats.
Enough is enough........and we need to find "our missing" for answers.

maima said:
Here's video of Moore and the Cooke family (God help them) in court:

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_313100626.html

Moore looks like a total loser. I'm feeling such anger towards that inhuman loser, I can't imagine what Mr. Cooke is feeling. :mad:

--->>>Did this jerk ever have a job? Could someone tell me the distance between Christines kidnapping area and where Rachels home was, how far were they from each other?

Incredible that men so lose it to cause such horror.

Incidental information. I heard of a NEW imaging brain machine that can tell how well blood flow gets to your brain, and the visible causitive areas of the brain for indicating criminal behavior. Maybe we can get to the point where we can catch these men and fix-em BEFORE they KILL innocent people.

We are living in an incredible age with new development for solving and preventing crimes. The human mind and how it behaves has been a lifelong mystery as to the many 'whys' of our world.

As always, but even more so today, my thoughts and prayers are with the Cooke family. This Moore guy isn't even human as Mr. Cooke stated in an article I read. I think he's just doing this not guilty thing so he can get a change of scenery from his regular prison cell hell.

maima,

I think as a society we are going to have to spend more time/money on mental health isssues... These individuals commiting these horendius crimes were not necessarily born that way, at one point in life they were innocent babies. I have a few family members with various mental illnesses, (not murderers or even close) but when I think about why they have it and I don't and the experiences in life that may have triggered it which could have caused them to have the current situation (now I am not talking about anything way far out there as to their actions).

I think from everything I have currently read on, etc most of these individuals have very well possibly had some type of tramua, either physical, sexual, mental abuse that changed them..

I can't really explain it the way I would like to and before anyone attacks me (PLEASE :) ) I am by no means attempting to take up for their vicious actions.. I guess I feel like some people just do not handle any type of emotional trauma as well as others and therefore they act out in herinous ways.. If one reviews the background of most of these murders, it seems they all have some type of abandoment, abuse or something in their past. It is not going to end until something further , research whatever to figure out and provide help to this individuals.. ( In fact, seems to be increasing.)

Anyway, I could go on I am sure.. but won't . Some people think I am strange because my son's girlfriend was killed by a drunk driver and I have a level of sympathy for him, not that I don't hate what he did, my son was 19 and will for ever have effects from it as he loved her dearly, she was also the mother of my beautiful grandaughter.. But after I somewhat recovered from the devastation, I rememered he was a human being with a family who I am sure was also devestated and I know he didn't get in his car with the intention to kill 2 teenagers.. He was still wrong, but why was he is that postition .. Anyway, enough off topic

Mr Cooke and family, once again my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you...May God hold you in his arms and carry you through this with his grace.. God Bless

Re: above post, please don't spell check me, dont know where the spell ck button on this site it. :crazy:

Straitfan said:
Re: above post, please don't spell check me, dont know where the spell ck button on this site it. :crazy:

--->>Your heart overcame any spelling issues. You have experienced and are living a forgiving life. God bless all who have gone through the worst trauma that life can serve up to us, to deal with and grow with it.

The young teenage girl my #2 son admired greatly in HS, and her mother were both murdered by the father. The father then set the house of fire to make it look like they died by fire. My son carries the pain to this day, nearly 25 years now.

===

Is court TV covering any Rachel news ?, I have not seen any media coverage in Colorado?

We as a society are way behind on identifying early stages of mental problems, OR IN KNOWING how to handle them WHEN they are suspected OR identified.

I totally don't believe in psychics but that one saying that Christine or Christina being another victim really freaks me out!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back