TX - Rachel New charged in deaths of three newborns, Rendon, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anybody have anymore info on these poor babies????? I search everyday, but haven't seen anything..........

I found this originally at officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com by poster Texaskowgirl, but verified it through: https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2954

I don't want to take credit for finding it, but don't want to rip off someone else's post. Hope this is OK. This is the report for the first infant, found in March 2008:

UP # 2954

Case # 803493
Tarrant Co. TX
0 to 0 year old
White

BLACK CL0TH "AMERICAN WEEKEND" BRAND SUITCASE/WRAPPED IN PLASTIC BAG WITH WASHCL0TH HAND T0WEL AND FULL SIZE "DISNEY BRAND" WINNIE THE P00H T0WEL/ADULT CL0THING C0NSISTING 0F XL BRIEFS/B0XER SH0RTS/

Head Hair Sandy
Eye Color Unknown

American Weekend Luggage a brand by Montgomery Ward:
http://www.findownersearch.com/american-weekend-3799674.html

Owner: MONTGOMERY WARD & CO., INCORPORATED Owner Details
Owner Address: MONTGOMERY WARD PLAZA
CHICAGO IL 60671

Description: Luggage
Categories:
http://www.discoverourtown.com/TX/FortWorth/Shopping/21200.html
Hulen Mall
4800 South Hulen
Fort Worth, TX 76132
817-294-1200

Dillard's, Foley's, and Montgomery Ward anchor more than one hundred twenty five specialty shops, including a good number of national chain stores, in this two level mall.

28 minutes away according to Google directions.

Montgomery Wards closed this store about 7 years ago...I tried to find the date, but no luck yet.
http://www.hulenmall.com/html/storedirectory.asp
For anchor stores there now are: Dillard's, Sears and Macy's...Just wish I could remember which one took over when they closed!:waitasec:

This story is EXTREMELY heartbreaking-I live about 15 miles from Rendon,TX and until I saw the postings here I didn't know about it!?!?:furious: (haven't been watching local news lately)

This area is pretty remote and out here, when you're trying to 'hide' your lifestyle it's rather easy to do. We don't tend to get too close to neighbors out here, because of the 'CRAZIES' who LOVE TO LIVE IN THE BOONIES.

Somewhat OT:
We actually had a couple that lived down the street from us, and they 'pretended' to be a couple. There was something 'off' about them, so we didn't socialize with them. Just the neighborly...'you left your lights on in the car, or your dog got loose sorta thing'... Anyway, they ended up MURDERING THEIR BABY...The father got me involved by asking me to give CPR to his CHOKING SON...Long story short, they HADN'T CALLED 911...I had to YELL at mom to do so, because the baby didn't look right...things were not adding up to a choking baby...In the end, the baby had been dead long enough for rigor to set in and they had POISONED HIM!!!!:furious: To top it off, in REAL LIFE they were FATHER AND DAUGHTER, the baby was the product of INCEST!?!?!?!:furious:
(BTW she got 10 years(think she's out now) and he got LIFE IN PRISON):behindbar
So, not saying in this case that the brother and sister were responsible for the precious lil ones found...just that it COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN...(unfortunately)

Montgomery Wards closed this store about 7 years ago...I tried to find the date, but no luck yet.
http://www.hulenmall.com/html/storedirectory.asp
For anchor stores there now are: Dillard's, Sears and Macy's...Just wish I could remember which one took over when they closed!:waitasec:

This story is EXTREMELY heartbreaking-I live about 15 miles from Rendon,TX and until I saw the postings here I didn't know about it!?!?:furious: (haven't been watching local news lately)

This area is pretty remote and out here, when you're trying to 'hide' your lifestyle it's rather easy to do. We don't tend to get too close to neighbors out here, because of the 'CRAZIES' who LOVE TO LIVE IN THE BOONIES.

Somewhat OT:
We actually had a couple that lived down the street from us, and they 'pretended' to be a couple. There was something 'off' about them, so we didn't socialize with them. Just the neighborly...'you left your lights on in the car, or your dog got loose sorta thing'... Anyway, they ended up MURDERING THEIR BABY...The father got me involved by asking me to give CPR to his CHOKING SON...Long story short, they HADN'T CALLED 911...I had to YELL at mom to do so, because the baby didn't look right...things were not adding up to a choking baby...In the end, the baby had been dead long enough for rigor to set in and they had POISONED HIM!!!!:furious: To top it off, in REAL LIFE they were FATHER AND DAUGHTER, the baby was the product of INCEST!?!?!?!:furious:
(BTW she got 10 years(think she's out now) and he got LIFE IN PRISON):behindbar
So, not saying in this case that the brother and sister were responsible for the precious lil ones found...just that it COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN...(unfortunately)

mischiefmanager - That is an awful story, but I don't have any trouble believing it. I used to live not far from Rendon and had a landlord that liked to come over and discuss having *intercourse* with farm animals! :couch: I insisted we move, !!immediately!!, but (now ex)hubby thought he was harmless :eek: Maybe that is why I am following this case...:waitasec:

How sad that she is only charged with tampering with "evidence"! Those poor babies, I refuse to suppose that all three were stillborn. I just pray that they did not suffer. having lost a baby, I simply cannot imagine tossing my son out in a suitcase! This whole epidemic just shatters me.

DNA links mother to babies' remains, sheriff says

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1758771.html

"We’re certain that some wrongdoing occurred here," Anderson said. "If someone passes away, you cannot put them in a Tupperware container and pour bleach on them and hide them away."

Investigators think bleach could have been used to speed the decomposition process or to mask the smell of the decomposing bodies, or both. The sheriff would not discuss other items found in the containers along with the infant remains.

The bodies — two boys and a girl — were so "badly decomposed and compromised," Anderson said, that forensic investigators cannot tell whether the babies were born alive and killed, or were stillborn. They have also been unable to determine who the father was.

Paul New has not been ruled out as a suspect, the sheriff said

Woman arrested in case of 3 infant corpses found in Rendon
Posted Thursday, Nov. 12, 2009
<snipped>
Rachel Lynnette New, 36, was being held Thursday on one charge of tampering with/or fabricating evidence, with bond set at $50,000, Anderson said.

Investigators were also considering filing two additional charges against her, Anderson said at a news conference at his headquarters in downtown Fort Worth.

DNA evidence from the corpses, two boys and a girl, were matched to New, the sheriff said. It was subsequently decided that she was the mother of all three babies.

She lived more than three years with her brother at the mobile home located on about 5 acres off the 6000 block of Tranquility Circle near Rendon.

Both she and her brother, Paul New, 30, have previously denied any knowledge of the skeletal remains, investigators said.

The brother has not been arrested, Anderson said. It was not clear on Thursday if he was being considered as a suspect in the case.

Rachel Lynnette New
rachel_new_11-13-2009_Tarrant_12105RL1.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Investigators search a home in Rendon where remains were found in August.

Rendon.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Investigators photograph evidence at a home in Rendon where remains were found in August.
Rendon2.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Map of Tranquility Circle, Rendon, TX
http://www.star-telegram.com/tx/story/1757479.html#article_map

Article:
http://www.star-telegram.com/tx/story/1757479.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video: Mom Charged In Case Of Infants' Skeletal Remains
http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=48492@ktvt.dayport.com

:angel:

Are they checking in case there are more babies buried there? How long has the brother and sister lived there? Where did they live prior?

MeoW333 I just now posted the same thought as you....only I lost my post. ITA that LE needs to look at every single place RN has lived in the past.

I'm totally disgusted that she has only been charged with tampering/or fabricating evidence! What the :curses: is going on that this is the only charge!!!!

This monster needs to be put away for life......These 3 innocent little angels deserved a chance to grow up. She denied them of so much. :cry:

Her & her brother lived there for 3 yrs....I truly believe that she has done this many more times than just these 3 angels. I hope that LE is looking at all of places she lived. It also makes me sick to my stomach to think how close the lake is to the moblie home. It makes me wonder if she has thrown any others into it. There are some photos in the beg. of the thread that I think shutter posted of just how close.

ETA: I just looked & shutter's pictures are no longer showing up, but I did add a link of the google map of the area in the above post.

Can anyone who has a legal background please explain to us why they haven't charged her with more than just tampering? TIA It just dosen't make sense that this is the only charge!!! :furious:

Rest In Peace Little Angels!

MeoW333 I just now posted the same thought as you....only I lost my post. ITA that LE needs to look at every single place RN has lived in the past.

I'm totally disgusted that she has only been charged with tampering/or fabricating evidence! What the :curses: is going on that this is the only charge!!!!

This monster needs to be put away for life......These 3 innocent little angels deserved a chance to grow up. She denied them of so much. :cry:

Her & her brother lived there for 3 yrs....I truly believe that she has done this many more times than just these 3 angels. I hope that LE is looking at all of places she lived. It also makes me sick to my stomach to think how close the lake is to the moblie home. It makes me wonder if she has thrown any others into it. There are some photos in the beg. of the thread that I think shutter posted of just how close.

ETA: I just looked & shutter's pictures are no longer showing up, but I did add a link of the google map of the area in the above post.

Can anyone who has a legal background please explain to us why they haven't charged her with more than just tampering? TIA It just dosen't make sense that this is the only charge!!! :furious:

Rest In Peace Little Angels!

An article link a couple of post up says that forensic cannot determine if the babies were stillborn or live births (clearly not fed at any point). That is going to make it very difficult to charge her with anything real unless she starts talking. That pretty much leaves the tampering with evidence type of charge. You could try an abuse of a corpse if the statute even exists in that area but now you get stuck in the proving she put them there, or that she was mentally stable when she did so/knew or believed she was pregnant.

eta- Although the sheriff's office arrested New for tampering with evidence, the DA's office has not yet received the case to decide whether there is a crime to be prosecuted.

Investigators don't know if the infants had ever been alive outside the womb. If it's a misdemeanor for abusing a corpse, prosecutors say that charge has a two-year statute of limitations.

her last login to ms was Sept.4/09

she lists herself as Christian and in a relationship

Couldn't the DA's office use to their advantage, in some way, the fact that she initially denied any knowledge of the infants' origin? DNA proves otherwise. Why would she deny having knowledge of the remains when they are obviously her offspring, if she isn't guilty of wrongdoing? This is proof that she is known to lie. Also, if her mental state is in question or she didn't know that what she was doing was wrong, why deny it? By denying it, she's showing that she knows it was wrong.

Also, I think the lack of proper charges is because LE is gathering all evidence before charging her further. If they flub it up by not acquiring the proper evidence before charging her, they run the risk of a mistrial or not being able to prove her culpability beyond a reasonable doubt. As a result, she could be acquitted, and thus protected by the Double Jeopardy Clause.

What is wrong with this sick person, to think it's "ok" to just dispose of these little babies in such a manner, to dispose of them in ANY manner? There are SO MANY parents without babies that have so much love to give. She, not only, deprived these babies of their right to live, but she also deprived 3 sets of parents (and maybe more, who knows) the gift of a child to love as their own. This animal, Rachel New, with obviously no love at all, is able to reproduce with ease while many struggle to simply ovulate. That seems so backwards, to me, that many loving parents can't conceive no matter what they do, but worthless, loveless, pieces of filth like RN, can with apparent ease. She could have put them up for adoption, even if they were the result of inbreeding.(This is just speculation and to be taken as nothing more than a suggestion) While it raises the occurance, inbreeding does not always result in birth defects. But, in the event that this does occur, many loving parents adopt special needs children and care for them as their own, every day. SOMEBODY would have loved those babies and given them the lives they deserved, with or without birth defects!

It's strange that no one ever noticed this broad being pregnant, at least, 3 times? No one noticed that there were NO subsequent kids running around, ever? Did nobody know these people? Did she never leave the house? If she did know people and they did see her when she was pregnant, did she tell them she would be putting the babies up for adoption? If so, I would think this would suggest premeditation, no? How the heck was it explained when there were no babies as a result of the pregnancies? Her little brother, Paul, IMO had to know something, he lived with her....he's AT LEAST an accessory. I suppose it is possible, though, that Rachel is just so frumpy, dumpy and sloppy that no one was able to tell she was pregnant. Doubtful, but possible.

She's also out on bond...

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/1759828.html

her last login to ms was Sept.4/09

she lists herself as Christian and in a relationship

Mood: blessed
What a disgrace she is!

Thanks, LadyL.
One of her MS friends (she only has 3 not including TOM) has a pic of RN and I'm guessing her boyfriend, David, with a caption that reads "Best Buddies - Rachel and David". It's the same as one of the photos on RN's own MS.

A couple of comments were added to RN's page about 2 years ago by David's apparent best friend, so he has known her since at least then. This person also has a pic of David on his MS with a caption that reads "My Best Friend".

HMMMMMM, wonder what David knows, and her other 2 apparent "best friends". None of them noticed she was pregnant with no subsequent babies?

David also has a MS. His last log in is also 9/4/2009 and his mood is also "blessed", however, his status is "single"...Judging by his pics, he has a son of his own and possibly a daughter. He also has pics of himself with RN.

I wonder if David is the father and didn't want any more children and drove her to do this. Not that this excuses her in any way AT ALL. But it's possible that he's also to blame here.

New and her brother rented the mobile home for about three and a half years. She moved out more than a year ago to go live with a boyfriend, Auneta Southern said.

The siblings never caused any trouble and "they seemed to be salt of the earth people," Auneta Southern said.

New worked in a "financial services role" at Baylor Medical Center at Southwest Fort Worth, but spokeswoman Nikki Mitchell said she was "not in our workplace at this time." Mitchell declined to elaborate.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJLdGu-wOxKKy8KjDFFVonAvOsAQD9BUVIO80

BBM
So she only actually lived there for about 2 years? I saw on her apparent boyfriend's MS a pic of his backyard...it looks like a river makes up most of his backyard...

http://www.wfaa.com/home/infant_remains-70323452.html
More information sought before charges filed in infant remains case
Last week, the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office arrested New on three counts of tampering with evidence.

Investigators say DNA identified her as the mother of three infants whose bones were discovered near and under the trailer home where New once lived.

The District Attorney's Office did not reject charges, but did send the case back to the sheriff's office for further investigation.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Witness-comes-forward-in-Tarrant-County-infant-remains-case-78374607.html
Witness comes forward in Tarrant County infant remains case
As a result, authorities said a witness finally came forward with solid information that New was pregnant within the last two years. That might be a critical break since some of the charges New could face have a two year statute of limitations.

New and her brother rented the mobile home for about three and a half years. She moved out more than a year ago to go live with a boyfriend, Auneta Southern said.

The siblings never caused any trouble and "they seemed to be salt of the earth people," Auneta Southern said.

New worked in a "financial services role" at Baylor Medical Center at Southwest Fort Worth, but spokeswoman Nikki Mitchell said she was "not in our workplace at this time." Mitchell declined to elaborate.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJLdGu-wOxKKy8KjDFFVonAvOsAQD9BUVIO80

BBM
So she only actually lived there for about 2 years? I saw on her apparent boyfriend's MS a pic of his backyard...it looks like a river makes up most of his backyard...

Tizzle - Where did your info about the boyfriend come from? I didn't see that in the article you linked, but I did see this:

"New and her brother have previously denied to detectives that they knew anything about the remains. And though she did not deny being pregnant, "when the topic got around to DNA and babies, she didn't want to talk about that," Grisham said. He said authorities do not know who fathered the children." - from your link above.

The reason I ask is you mention BF's backyard looks like a river, well, the trailer had a pond in the back yard...did you look at the videos of the area surrounding the trailer? Just curious.

Tizzle - Where did your info about the boyfriend come from? I didn't see that in the article you linked, but I did see this:

"New and her brother have previously denied to detectives that they knew anything about the remains. And though she did not deny being pregnant, "when the topic got around to DNA and babies, she didn't want to talk about that," Grisham said. He said authorities do not know who fathered the children." - from your link above.

The reason I ask is you mention BF's backyard looks like a river, well, the trailer had a pond in the back yard...did you look at the videos of the area surrounding the trailer? Just curious.

From the bottom of article at link... http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJLdGu-wOxKKy8KjDFFVonAvOsAQD9BUVIO80
This summer, on Aug. 23, the Southerns' son found a cardboard box containing a set of remains under the mobile home's front porch. A forensic investigator from the medical examiner's office discovered a pink plastic container that held a third set of remains, the affidavit stated.

Auneta Southern said they never discussed why New didn't have children, but she was friendly to the landlady's nine grandchildren.

"Our house runs on babies, we've got babies running out of our ears over here," Auneta Southern said. "I can't fathom anyone who would do that to a baby."

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

The pictures I was referring to of his backyard are on his myspace and the caption reads "My Backyard". If you have trouble locating them, let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

I haven't see the video you mentioned of the trailer and the pics posted earlier by shutterfly have been removed. Can you point me in the right direction, please? I have seen an aerial view of the area and noticed the giant lake/pond but I'm not positive about which trailer was theirs, though I have an idea. TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back