GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. Particularly when Zeigler was very upfront about working for Shell Oil (although actually working for a subcontractor to Shell).

Maybe it is just having grown up around oil and gas companies that would make me think, huh? working for Shell Oil? In Maryland? Gosh, sure didn't know that was a location for Shell.

But perhaps Kimberly kept many things secret from as many people possible.
:mad:

You know what chills me-where was Riley during the hearing and what was she being subjected to? I have to believe KT brought her to her parents house. I cannot believe that he-man Zeigler would have stayed home from work to watch her while KT was looking for support.

Oh I can believe it! He would of LOVED to have that poor little baby alone. :furious:

You know what chills me-where was Riley during the hearing and what was she being subjected to? I have to believe KT brought her to her parents house. I cannot believe that he-man Zeigler would have stayed home from work to watch her while KT was looking for support.

Here's another article about stepparent abuse, which apparently and sadly is not uncommon:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5346605.html

According to some experts, it's as if Riley (and children like her) are more or less sacrificed by their mothers who want to "prove" their love to the new man--and the new man is out to prove himself as a parent or establish discipline before bonding with the child.

A deadly combination for Riley.

How could they live day in and day out knowing that poor child's body was in the storage shed?

I feel sorry for the owners of that home (I think they were renters.) I wouldn't be able to live there or think of anyone else living there.

OMG I can't stand it anymore how in these articles they refer to what happened to Riley as ''discipline''...This was in no way shape or form discipline!! This was straight up child abuse, torture, hateful disgusting pig of a man and so called mommy!! I hope that mother has Riley's little eyes etched in her memory forever when she was staring at her mom for help and the confusion on what was going on...I can't stand it.

OMG, believe! That never even crossed my mind. Where was she during that hearing??? :furious: I pray to God she wasn't in Texas with Zeigler.

I really hope more comes out in the papers. There are missing holes in this story that I want to know about.

Another thing, why hasn't anyone from Zeigler's family spoken out?

Here's another article about stepparent abuse, which apparently and sadly is not uncommon:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5346605.html

According to some experts, it's as if Riley (and children like her) are more or less sacrificed by their mothers who want to "prove" their love to the new man--and the new man is out to prove himself as a parent or establish discipline before bonding with the child.

A deadly combination for Riley.

How could they live day in and day out knowing that poor child's body was in the storage shed?

I feel sorry for the owners of that home (I think they were renters.) I wouldn't be able to live there or think of anyone else living there.

:( :(

I'm hoping and praying the charges will be upgraded to capital murder now that the DNA has been confirmed.

OMG I can't stand it anymore how in these articles they refer to what happened to Riley as ''discipline''...This was in no way shape or form discipline!! This was straight up child abuse, torture, hateful disgusting pig of a man and so called mommy!! I hope that mother has Riley's little eyes etched in her memory forever when she was staring at her mom for help and the confusion on what was going on...I can't stand it.

Exactly! What these two monsters did to sweet Riley was not discipline. It was barbaric, horrific abuse!!! :furious: :furious:

If they don't upgrade the charges it will be because it's easier to get a conviction under the injury to a child charges. Carries the same penalty possibilities (except for the death penalty) in terms of life sentences, and the state does not have to prove that they knew the injuries would be fatal to Riley.

Exactly - pig, swine, boar, animal, monster. :furious: :behindbar

Hiding the crime and the disposal of the poor child's body is what will ensure Kimberly Trenor at the very least, a life sentence, I think. For heaven's sake, Andrea Yates did not get off for insanity reasons, and she was clearly so insane and mentally incompetent, she called her husband immediately after the crime to tell him what she had done.

I think it's possible for Ziegler to get the DP but Kimberly to plead out for life.

Had Andrea Yates not phoned her husband to tell him what she had done, she would have probably been found insane. In doing so, IMO, it proved she knew right from wrong.

Had Andrea Yates not phoned her husband to tell him what she had done, she would have probably been found insane. In doing so, IMO, it proved she knew right from wrong.

Yes, that was a key factor in the first trial. I forgot to add that she was acquitted by reason on insanity for the second trial. The problem with Andrea (to go off thread for a minute) is that she knew what she was doing was illegal, however, she felt it was justified because she was saving her children from an eternity of hell (something like that, she was not the most coherent person at the time.)

Ziegler and Trenor of course have no history of mental illness. They don't seem to be the most socially successful people, but they were not insane. They seem to be one of those combinations of people (the leader/follower, etc.) that is just deadly.

Yes, that was a key factor in the first trial. I forgot to add that she was acquitted by reason on insanity for the second trial. The problem with Andrea (to go off thread for a minute) is that she knew what she was doing was illegal, however, she felt it was justified because she was saving her children from an eternity of hell (something like that, she was not the most coherent person at the time.)

Ziegler and Trenor of course have no history of mental illness. They don't seem to be the most socially successful people, but they were not insane. They seem to be one of those combinations of people (the leader/follower, etc.) that is just deadly.

Texana, thanks for refreshing my memory, I'd forgotten that Andrea was in a psychotic state. I am sure Zeigler/KT would love to use that as their
defense, but don't think it will fly, like you said no history. Also, I am almost positive that this was not the first and only time Riley was abused.
I want to know if the 3 skull fractures occurred at the same time, have a sick feeling they did not.

Texana, thanks for refreshing my memory, I'd forgotten that Andrea was in a psychotic state. I am sure Zeigler/KT would love to use that as their
defense, but don't think it will fly, like you said no history. Also, I am almost positive that this was not the first and only time Riley was abused.
I want to know if the 3 skull fractures occurred at the same time, have a sick feeling they did not.

Great question, Paddy01. This is where their story doesn't seem to add up to me. Like a previous poster said, it may have been something more like being repeatedly slammed against the tile floor...or previous abuse. Since Riley did not go to school, there doesn't seem to be anyone to fill in the blanks on her life between when she left Ohio and when she was murdered. Curious as to if Zeigler's family met her and spent time with her...or if they were estranged from their wacko son.

If they don't upgrade the charges it will be because it's easier to get a conviction under the injury to a child charges. Carries the same penalty possibilities (except for the death penalty) in terms of life sentences, and the state does not have to prove that they knew the injuries would be fatal to Riley.

I do understand that Texana. It makes sense, but the emotional part of me wants the state to go for the jugular and charge these monsters with capital murder.

I'm afraid that if they don't upgrade the charges that people will not understand and think maybe these people got away with murder. I have a head cold so I'm not sure I'm making much sense today.

I do understand that Texana. It makes sense, but the emotional part of me wants the state to go for the jugular and charge these monsters with capital murder.

I'm afraid that if they don't upgrade the charges that people will not understand and think maybe these people got away with murder. I have a head cold so I'm not sure I'm making much sense today.

You make perfect sense to me and I'm afraid of the same thing. I hope charges are upgraded, I would like to see KT/Zeigler get death penalty. Actually, I would love for someone to do exactly to them as was done to Riley. I cannot get this sweet baby out of my head.

Here is something purportedly written by Sheryl Sawyers from www.baby-grace.org

(Did you know that there is a forum on the site?)

www.baby-grace.org

The following is a post from Grandma Sheryl Sawyers, copied from the Baby Grace Site.

"My Angel Riley Ann
I came here today to read some of the posts in hopes that it would somehow fill the void I have in my heart. I am touched by how many lives my angel has touhed. She was the light of my life, my heart. She was my first grandchild and she was the girl I always wanted. (I had 4 brothers, no sisters, and two sons, no daughters.) She spent every moment that I was home with me, she slept with grandma and her favorite thing to do was to “go shop” .She loved to sing and dance, she knew every word to the song at the opening of the movie Cars, her favorite movie. I was going to enroll her in dance classes as soon as she was old enough. We used to sit on my bed and I would say to her, where is grandma’s pretty baby? And she would point at every wall in my room as there were pictures of her everywhere. I feel such a void in my life, and everytime I think of how she died I feel that I will go insane, so I try not to think about it. Her mother and stepfather are the worst kind of people. As a mother and her grandmother I can not imagine standing by while some monster beat my child, let alone to participate. I hope they both rot in he–. There are no words to explain how I feel about them. And then I come here and read the posts and am assured that despite all the monster in this world, there a hundreds and thousands of good, decent, wonderful people like yourselves. God Bless you all. I am including a link to a page where you may go and light a candle for Riley. www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi+riley from this page you can do a group search for group Riley. Thank you all again. Sheryl Sawyers"

I went to the gratefulness site and it is incredibly peaceful.

Here is something purportedly written by Sheryl Sawyers from www.baby-grace.org

(Did you know that there is a forum on the site?)

www.baby-grace.org

The following is a post from Grandma Sheryl Sawyers, copied from the Baby Grace Site.

"My Angel Riley Ann
I came here today to read some of the posts in hopes that it would somehow fill the void I have in my heart. I am touched by how many lives my angel has touhed. She was the light of my life, my heart. She was my first grandchild and she was the girl I always wanted. (I had 4 brothers, no sisters, and two sons, no daughters.) She spent every moment that I was home with me, she slept with grandma and her favorite thing to do was to “go shop” .She loved to sing and dance, she knew every word to the song at the opening of the movie Cars, her favorite movie. I was going to enroll her in dance classes as soon as she was old enough. We used to sit on my bed and I would say to her, where is grandma’s pretty baby? And she would point at every wall in my room as there were pictures of her everywhere. I feel such a void in my life, and everytime I think of how she died I feel that I will go insane, so I try not to think about it. Her mother and stepfather are the worst kind of people. As a mother and her grandmother I can not imagine standing by while some monster beat my child, let alone to participate. I hope they both rot in he–. There are no words to explain how I feel about them. And then I come here and read the posts and am assured that despite all the monster in this world, there a hundreds and thousands of good, decent, wonderful people like yourselves. God Bless you all. I am including a link to a page where you may go and light a candle for Riley. www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi+riley from this page you can do a group search for group Riley. Thank you all again. Sheryl Sawyers"

I went to the gratefulness site and it is incredibly peaceful.

Wow, she wrote that very eloquently. I feel so bad for her. :(
Too bad Riley didn't get to live with her Grandma -- someone who would've loved, cherished and adored her. :(

I hope you RIP, dear Riley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back