Found Deceased TX - Rosemary Rodriguez, 54, Kilgore, 8 Oct 2019 *found deceased 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. It is private land. If the BF was being truthful, I'd say less than 5 miles.
If the map that was being shown on the news that pinpointed the location of the vehicle is correct, the car could possibly have been found on land owned by a family member of the BF. I'm confused because KLTV specifically said the 800 block, but the map that was shown looked more like the 400 block.

If the map that was being shown on the news that pinpointed the location of the vehicle is correct, the car could possibly have been found on land owned by a family member of the BF. I'm confused because KLTV specifically said the 800 block, but the map that was shown looked more like the 400 block.
The land is a lot of acreage, not sure how many,, and the numbering is not like a city block. The first mailbox I saw was 400 etc., but there is a church across the street that is 865 according to Google. I know the BF's family has been in the area a long time so it's possible. I'm not sure how to find out who owns it. I have not heard that any of the family owns it.. I'm trying to find out though. I wanted to take pictures, but Mt. Pisgah is a two lane road and there were lots of cars driving by.

The land is a lot of acreage, not sure how many,, and the numbering is not like a city block. The first mailbox I saw was 400 etc., but there is a church across the street that is 865 according to Google. I know the BF's family has been in the area a long time so it's possible. I'm not sure how to find out who owns it. I have not heard that any of the family owns it.. I'm trying to find out though. I wanted to take pictures, but Mt. Pisgah is a two lane road and there were lots of cars driving by.
Were you able too see where the path was cleared?

Were you able too see where the path was cleared?
Yes, I'm pretty sure I found it. Course it wasn't marked, but there was a narrow road cleared that was obviously fresh. I couldn't see the end of the road because it went into the woods. It was just wide enough for a tow truck to maneuver. I'm going to go back today and see if I can get a shot of it. My speculation only, but I don't see how the area could have been accessed directly from Mt. Pisgah. It will be interesting when details are released. I'm very curious as to who owns the land.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I found it. Course it wasn't marked, but there was a narrow road cleared that was obviously fresh. I couldn't see the end of the road because it went into the woods. It was just wide enough for a tow truck to maneuver. I'm going to go back today and see if I can get a shot of it. My speculation only, but I don't see how the area could have been accessed directly from Mt. Pisgah. It will be interesting when details are released. I'm very curious as to who owns the land.
You can go to the Gregg County Appraisal District website and search the map.

‘Closure and healing’: Sisters hope for proper goodbye after missing mother’s car found near Kilgore

Bittersweet. Overwhelming. Relief. These are some of the words used by Lita Walker and Frances Rodriguez when describing how they felt when they learned this past week that their missing mother’s vehicle had been found near Kilgore.

On Thursday, her bright green 2014 Chevrolet Sonic was found in a wooded area off Mount Pisgah Road.

The two women were contacted shortly after law enforcement found the vehicle.

Later in the day, the sheriff’s department confirmed to family that the vehicle was found. On Friday, they met with a lieutenant who told them about the human remains.

Boyfriend Remains Uncooperative as Police Find Car & Likely Remains of Beloved Texas Mother Reported Missing in 2019

Rosemary Rodriguez was last seen leaving her boyfriend’s home on October 7, 2019, in Mt. Pisgah, near Kilgore. Police immediately reached out to Rodriguez’s boyfriend but he reportedly stopped communicating with them after a brief initial interaction.

“We have not been able to speak with him and get the information that would help this case along to find Rosemary,” Gregg County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Josh Tubb said.

Rodriguez’s bright green 2014 Chevrolet Sonic was found a few miles away from the area she was last seen, according to KIII News, in a wooded area near Mount Pisgah Road. Police found human remains inside the vehicle, and although they believe those to be of Rodriquez, an official identification is pending.

Walker added that investigators labeled the area where they found the car as a crime scene, as it was “too far back in the woods for it to have been an accident .”

“Investigators caught a break when and individual walking the property actually walked up on the abandoned vehicle.”

Was this an area that had been searched previously?
I thought I had read somewhere that the general area had been searched, but not as far back as the car was found. Also, I'm not sure exactly where the car was located. The local news has conflicting reports. One makes it sound like it could have been in an area that one of the BF's family members own. If it was owned by family member, it's possible that they could have refused to let investigators onto the property during the original search. I am only speculating based on what has been on the news.

Does anyone know who the person was that was walking the property, and why? Just curious.

“Investigators caught a break when and individual walking the property actually walked up on the abandoned vehicle.”

Was this an area that had been searched previously?
I never saw a police release stating where searches were taking place or listing areas where they had searched, so I can honestly say, "I don't know". There are many rumors floating about, but I haven't seen that officially reported. We're talking about the woods and fenced land. Usually one gated road off the main road to get onto the property. Permission would have to be gotten to search it. To say the person who found the car was walking the land' and he was not the owner was odd to me. But, since it was New Years Eve, maybe he was looking for a place to shoot fireworks. I don't know if he was a friend or guest of the owner.
The area was not close to where her phone was found or an obvious route home. So, anything is possible at this time.

I thought I had read somewhere that the general area had been searched, but not as far back as the car was found. Also, I'm not sure exactly where the car was located. The local news has conflicting reports. One makes it sound like it could have been in an area that one of the BF's family members own. If it was owned by family member, it's possible that they could have refused to let investigators onto the property during the original search. I am only speculating based on what has been on the news.

Does anyone know who the person was that was walking the property, and why? Just curious.
The car was found in the 800 block of Mt Pisgah. I haven't seen nor heard anything official pertaining to who owned the land. BF's family is very large and been in the area a long time so it's possible there is a connection. Purely speculative. I have not seen anything official or unofficial naming the person who found the car or why they were there. I hope there are some answers soon. Q

Does anyone besides me wonder why they haven't named the person who found the vehicle? It supposedly wasn't the landowner, just a person walking the property. It seems kind of odd that the person hasn't been named and hasn't done any public interviews.

‘Closure and healing’: Sisters hope for proper goodbye after missing mother’s car found near Kilgore

To Note:
Gregg County sheriff’s officials previously said law enforcement believe criminal activity could be involved in Rosemary Rodriguez’s disappearance. The daughters said law enforcement reaffirmed that with the recent discovery of the car.

“They called it a crime scene after they found the vehicle,” Walker said. “It was too far back in the woods for it to have been an accident. It was placed in the woods, in the middle of the woods.”

Frances Rodriguez said there were searches along that road after Rodriguez went missing but none fully reached that area where the vehicle was found.

She said the home where her mother was living with her boyfriend is south of where the vehicle was found.

Does anyone besides me wonder why they haven't named the person who found the vehicle? It supposedly wasn't the landowner, just a person walking the property. It seems kind of odd that the person hasn't been named and hasn't done any public interviews.
I think so too...

This was private property?
So the person was either trespassing or had the permission of the property owner to “walk” the property.
Wonder if it was fenced or had purple paint on any trees.

What does purple paint markings at property lines in Texas mean?

This was private property?
So the person was either trespassing or had the permission of the property owner to “walk” the property.
Wonder if it was fenced or had purple paint on any trees.

What does purple paint markings at property lines in Texas mean?
Yes, it is private property. There are no fences that I am aware of and no purple paint. I was curious if the person who found the car was actually out searching for the car, or like you said, someone that was just trespassing. The only thing the sheriffs dept has said is that it wasn't the landowner. They have been very tight-lipped with the information. Hopefully because they are doing a very thorough investigation, and not because they have no evidence.

Something else I wonder about....I've heard that they are waiting on DNA results to come back to confirm the remains are actually Rosemary. I'm guessing there were no dental records available?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back