TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know you weren't asking me but just to be helpful: I think it has something to do with those image links at bottom line of signature section of the posts. They are appearing as one continuous line and that forces the page to be at least as wide as that widest unbroken line.

Just a thought.

Thank you doc. Do you mean the websleuths link? It doesn't look that long to me. I am totally confused; but, I want to find the cause and the solution.

Lion

I know you weren't asking me but just to be helpful: I think it has something to do with those image links at bottom line of signature section of the posts. They are appearing as one continuous line and that forces the page to be at least as wide as that widest unbroken line.

Just a thought.

Doc, is this happeneing to you, also?

Lion

Thank you doc.
Do you mean the websleuths link?
It doesn't look that long to me. I am totally confused;
but, I want to find the cause and the solution.

Lion

Everyone please forgive my purposely blowing the margins
but I wanted to be sure I could duplicate the effect.

Lion, this is the long unbroken line I see on my screen at
the very last line of your posts signature area. It seems to
be image links.
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ibbonsmall.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...luewriting.jpghttp://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...one195copy.jpg

Edited to Add: I narrowed your quoted material to be
sure it was not the culprit to help be certain its the links
causing the trouble.

Thank you doc. This is bizarre, as I don't see that on my screen. It simply isn't there. Do you have any ideas on how I can get rid of it? I see it clearly, and I know it is mine from photobucket; but, only when you re-posted it.

Gosh, I had no idea, and I am very sorry to everyone for this.

Lion

I went in to edit my siggy, and it isn't there. I will try to redo my siggy, and I will ask if it is still there.

Lion

Hi doc. Hi Bobbisabgel. Is it better now(fingers crossed icon)? I am so sorry about this. To think people had to tolerate this for days. Yikes!

Lion

got it
Good work. I just reloaded page to see the work.

Thanks doc, and it did fix all of my posts. Good, now I feel much better. And, everyone won't have to get eye strain from my posts anymore.

BTW, your PM's are full, you may need to empty them.

Lion

Thanks doc, and it did fix all of my posts. Good, now I feel much better. And, everyone won't have to get eye strain from my posts anymore.

BTW, your PM's are full, you may need to empty them.

Lion

Thanks for fixing that :D I've seen that happen to other people's posts and didn't understand why they would want them to be so long from left to right. Never could figure out what was happening. It wasn't your fault so don't feel bad...you didn't know. Thanks for being so nice about it though. I didn't want to insult you :eek: Thank heavens you are a nice person :blowkiss:

And, thank you for telling me Bobbisabgel:blowkiss:. I was changing my posts back and forth and this way and that way for a while to create just the siggy I wanted. So, I wonder how long my blinding posts were up! I am glad to have fixed it.

Bobisangel, does your hat stand for someone who is missing in your family? I have wondered that for a while now.

Lion

You know I am only at page 7. But I will tell you what. The B/F is a piece of work. And yes in that pic it does look like he is packingAnd with all the tats I can lay odds. Either he has been in Jail or prison before.

There are 3 things on this link that really brings my Hinky Meter way up.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0207/0503_roxanne_paltauf2.html
1 The clothes he (the boyfriend) gave me a few days later were not my daughter's. Neither her sisters nor I had ever seen them before.
2 According to Jennifer, she never answered calls from her ex-boyfriend on the day Roxanne disappeared; however, cell phone records paint a different picture. Between July 8, 2006 and July 9, 2006, there were 22 calls placed from Roxanne's cell phone to Jennifer's cell phone, ranging from 1 to 49 minutes in length. For someone who had nothing to say, she took long enough not to say it.
3This one tells me Walls is capable of doing this.
"One time, Roxanne and her boyfriend were down on 6th street. It is like a bar street here in Austin, where they do like Mardi Gras type stuff. She said that she and Lewis (the boyfriend) were down there one evening and that Lewis got into a confrontation with a Hispanic guy. Roxanne supposedly tried to stop the fight, and she was pushed and her nose was broken. It was actually completely detached. This is the story she told me, but after she come up missing, her friends told me that she said a certain someone else broke her nose and that she was covering up for him."

2wfqx5j.jpg

can't wait for someone to see it and tell us how it looks in real life.

You and Roxy are always in my thoughts.
I SAW the board!!! It looks good! Yellow or red are the best colors for outdoor advertising. And what Lion was explaining of the board location is what the ad business calls a left hand read. It's still highly visible.

There are 3 things on this link that really brings my Hinky Meter way up.
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0207/0503_roxanne_paltauf2.html
1 The clothes he (the boyfriend) gave me a few days later were not my daughter's. Neither her sisters nor I had ever seen them before.
2 According to Jennifer, she never answered calls from her ex-boyfriend on the day Roxanne disappeared; however, cell phone records paint a different picture. Between July 8, 2006 and July 9, 2006, there were 22 calls placed from Roxanne's cell phone to Jennifer's cell phone, ranging from 1 to 49 minutes in length. For someone who had nothing to say, she took long enough not to say it.
3This one tells me Walls is capable of doing this.
"One time, Roxanne and her boyfriend were down on 6th street. It is like a bar street here in Austin, where they do like Mardi Gras type stuff. She said that she and Lewis (the boyfriend) were down there one evening and that Lewis got into a confrontation with a Hispanic guy. Roxanne supposedly tried to stop the fight, and she was pushed and her nose was broken. It was actually completely detached. This is the story she told me, but after she come up missing, her friends told me that she said a certain someone else broke her nose and that she was covering up for him."

Hi JDB. Yes, Walls has been incarcerated as has his brother. Perhaps they like to keep in in the family. He waited till the next day to call her home to see if she was there, yet he stated that he looked for her the night before. He aid she walked out after an argument. She left with nothing but the clothes on her back and has not been seen or heard from since. She got along well with her mom and sisters. In fact, she was supposed to show up back home Saturday morning for a fun shopping day with Mom. She was about to test for her GED and upon passing it(which she would have with no problem) she was to receive her first car from her mom as a gift. She was working for the census bureau, had her own bank account which was in good standing, and had a cell phone in her own name. She paid the bill herself and was very proud that she was taking care of herself and taking responsibility. Yet, she left her cell phone, her other clothes, her purse, her ID, everything in the hotel room. No transactions have been made with her bank account.

She left when she was about to get fer first car as a gift. I don't buy it for a second. It is possible that she left and a stranger abducted her--it was a bad area. But, once you learn about the bf's behaviour and actions before and after Roxy's disappearance, it points to him as person of interest. LE has dropped the ball on this in a big way. They treated Roxy's disappearance as if she left voluntarily. They did almost nothing to to investigate for months. Now, much of the evidence is gone.

I have spent night and day trying to help find Roxy, and so have a few others. Her family has made it their life's work to find their Roxy.

I suggested taking out a big a$$, full page, color ad in the Austin American Statesman in the Sunday edition. I think it must have the crimestopper's number and clearly state that callers will remain anonymous. If there is a reward, it must be in there. We would be appealing to individuals who lack a conscience for the most part. I doubt they would come forward to truly help for a distraught family. They might come forward for a reward, though, and only if they can remain anonymous.

What does everyone think of my idea? Does anyone else have any other ideas? Liz mentioned a TV ad. Any thoughts? Any new ideas?

Lion

My first time reading this thread. The billboard and pictures look fantastic.

I recall reading, probably not here, but within one of the links, the ID was not left with her belongings, but was in a friend of Wells car and recovered from that friend.

It's already been stated, but a teen leaving, doesn't just walk out leaving all their personal belongings, unless they are stepping out to cool off and plan on returning. I'm afraid if DV was involved here, it's apparent she wasn't ready to leave that situation, at least not then.

Were the other people Wells made phone calls to inteviewed? I recall reading he made over 300 and less than 50 were to his ex gf.

Also, this is probably a dumb question, but here goes. I know little about SAR dogs...... How long are they able to detect a scent?

tia.....

And, thank you for telling me Bobbisabgel:blowkiss:. I was changing my posts back and forth and this way and that way for a while to create just the siggy I wanted. So, I wonder how long my blinding posts were up! I am glad to have fixed it.

Bobisangel, does your hat stand for someone who is missing in your family? I have wondered that for a while now.

Lion

It is for my daughter, Shelley, who was murdered in 1993 by her ex-husband. The angel part is for her. Bobbi is my nickname from childhood :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back