TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumping for Roxanne......very informative article in the Austin Chronicle...there's much more than the snippets I included here.

<snip>

Walls has never wavered from his version of events – that he and Roxanne argued and she walked out, alone, and disappeared completely within 20 minutes. But in the years since, police investigators have developed a more complete picture of Louis Walls, and it's not impressive. "Louis, among his peers, is an idiot," says 15-year APD veteran Detective James Scott, one of two investigators assigned to the department's missing persons detail. "I mean ... you can look at his criminal record and tell he's not the smartest criminal out there." Indeed. In March 2005, for example, he was popped for agreeing to sell three rocks of crack for $50 to an undercover APD officer. The cop had spotted him walking along Rundberg, and gave him a ride to the Ramada Limited just off the highway. Walls fetched the rocks and was promptly arrested. After testing, it turned out that the crack was fake. (Walls was handed a 120-day jail sentence.)

Walls has also exposed a far darker side, and particularly a history of trouble with young women – trouble that started before he met Roxanne, says Harris, who made contact with an ex-girlfriend Walls called numerous times in the hours after Roxanne disappeared. The girl told Harris that she had taken out a protective order to keep Walls away. More cryptically, Harris says the young woman told her that when Walls called her he told her that he was "in trouble" but did not elaborate. (The ex-girlfriend, who lives out of state, did not return a call from the Chronicle.)

Since Roxanne disappeared, Walls has apparently not changed his ways. In March 2008, he was charged with making a terroristic threat against his current girlfriend, Cassan*dra Tolbert. According to court records, she told police she'd met Walls to make arrangements for him to see the son he'd conceived with her but that he wanted instead to talk about her getting "back with him." When she said no, Tolbert recalled, he whispered in her ear, "I don't want to kill you like I did that girl Roxanne," and, "I really did kill her; I know how to do something with bodies." (He pleaded no contest to the charge, was found guilty, and sentenced to 140 days in jail.)

More disturbing, says Harris, is that Tolbert told her that Walls had tried to pimp her out. Could it be, Harris wonders, that Walls tried the same thing with Roxanne? That is a possibility, says Scott. "I don't think she was straight-out tricking for him," he says, but he could have been trying to groom her for that role. Ultimately, Scott says, he thinks Roxanne did not see the writing on the wall: "She was naive; she was in over her head and didn't know it. Of course, in missing persons there are a lot of young ladies who feel like they're part of the 'in' clique – they're with a gang leader, or whoever, and they don't realize who they're with."

More importantly, says Scott, Walls "just doesn't care that he's a suspect. He's no stranger to bad-acting, so it's not a huge burden for him."

Ultimately, though, Scott says he will find the truth, from Moore or Walls (or whoever else), to solve the mystery of Roxanne's disappearance. "Basically, I've got two violent offenders. Both of them are lying to me," says Scott. "They're both hiding criminal activity. But I think one of them is hiding a murder

much more here

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid:803290

I just read this whole case through and coming to the last page, see where another woman claimed that Walls told her he killed Roxanne...is this credible and has there been any follow-up, does anyone know? He certainly had enough time to get rid of evidence before calling her mother the next day at 4:30PM if she had "disappeared" early the previous evening...she could have been taken anywhere in that length of time...

its been over 4 years now 7-7-06

Oh how I miss you Roxanne
We are still searching for you
I love you xoxoxoxox

you are in every thought , every second of the day
so much has changed except the love your family has for you

Love momma

thinking of Roxanne & praying that she gets to come home

I pass by Roxanne's billboard nearly every day and wish for her to come home.

Just a reminder to all That Roxanne Paltauf missing since 7-7-06 will be featured on "Disappeared" This Monday, January 31,2011.
On the ID channel--Investigation Discovery channel at 8p.m central time. 9 p.m. Eastern time.
please spread the word for all to watch.
Awareness is the key to find the MISSING...
Let's bring Roxanne Home

Investigation Discovery :: TV Listings :: Disappeared
After an argument with her boyfriend, 18 year-old Roxanne Paltauf leaves an Austin Texas motel on a balmy July evening and doesn't return. ...
investigation.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid...

I just watched the tonight's episode of "Disappeared". The show didn't bring up the possibility that her boyfriend was attempting to pimp her out as the article that 'Texas Mist' posted above stated. This came to my mind as a possible scenario while watching the show, but her sister mentioned that he had known Roxanne since she was 16. Wouldn't he have attempted to do this earlier if that was his goal? He was a 30 year old man masquerading as a 20 year old so his motives obviously need questioned.

I just watched the show; I think Louis is guilty, as simple as a case of domestic abuse turned to murder, but it is hard to fit with the timing, as to what he could have done with her body. Did he not have a car? I know that the man who turned up with her ID card had given them a ride. Did he (Moore) give Louis a ride to dump Roxanne? There doesn't seem to be a phone record of him calling for someone to help him dispose of the body.

That is the part I can't figure, though of course Roxanne could have been killed much earlier in the day than he claimed the fight took place, and he could have met up with friends to help him.

How frustrating and sad for her family. Now all they can really hope for is that her body will be found and identified by DNA or dental records.

I just watched the Disappeared episode featuring Roxanne's story... what a beautiful girl. Watching her mother cry put tears in my eyes. This case is unnervingly frustrating.
TexasMist included a few snippets from an article, I think, and it mentioned something interesting to me;
While watching the show it was mentioned that person of interest Jeffery Moore had Roxanne's ID in his wallet. I wondered to myself if something happened between him and Roxanne, since he was found days later allegedly raping/assaulting a woman in a motel. In the article TexasMist posted above an ex of Louis Walls accused him of pimping her out. LE believes he might possibly have been "grooming" Roxanne in this way? I think he might have forced her into a situation such as this, with Moore, and she wasn't having it.
Moore holding onto Roxanne's ID is like a trophy many (serial) killers keep from their victims. I think this possible scenario happened at Roxanne and Louis' motel room, and this is why her personal things remained at the room.
Something stinks with Walls and Moore, and it seems LE has made a somewhat connection... but until the real story unfolds, all we can do is speculate.
Also, if Louis had that female motel employee in his room the night Roxanne disappeared, hanging out for hours apparently, is he not worried Roxanne would come back? With her purse, phone, etc left in the room? Isn't that a little reckless of him? Or is he that careless and stupid? I mean, come on.
Anyways, I think the main clue here is the fact that Roxanne's stuff never left the room with her...that is, if she left. Also, that Jeffery Moore was holding onto her ID. Moore wanted the ID back after being questioned for the unrelated charge so he could give it back to Roxanne. Also, his stories regarding his relationship to Roxanne differed... as did Walls'.
I really hope one of these guys slips up, as I'm pretty sure they will. This case needs to be solved and her family needs answers. My prayers and support are with her mother.

i just read the charley projects' page on Roxanne... maybe i'm just reading into things too much, but at the beginning of the description of roxanne's disappearance it says "[Louis] Walls said they got into an argument and [Roxanne] left angrily, carrying only her identification." This statement perked my interest because how did Walls know she took her ID w/ her? This is the ID that was later found on his friend Jeffery Moore, right? If that statement truly is what Walls told LE, that Roxanne left rhe room w/ only her ID, then this deserves a second look. The link between Moore and Walls cannot be argued.
Jeffery Moore said that he had given Walls and Roxanne a ride, and that she must have lost her ID in his car then, and that he wanted to hold onto it so he could gived it to her personally. But then you have Roxanne leaving the motel room, the last reported sighting any person had of her, and Louis Walls says she took her ID with her! Does anyone else see this indiscrepancy?? Something is wrong here! How did that ID really end up in Jeffery Moore's possession? Is Louis Walls' recollection of Roxanne storming out with her ID in her hand accurate?
Did anyone else make this connection?

Just saw ID's program featuring Roxanne. The family stated that the clothing Louis brought back to the family didn't belong to Roxanne. It wasn't her clothes. How odd!

The first thought that came to my mind is human trafficking. Maybe Louis passed Roxanne off to someone else in a trafficking ring?

I didn't realize her boyfriend was so much older than her; I watched her ep. on ID Discovery yesterday.

And why is the ep. called "Gone on the 4th of July" if she went missing on July 7th?

responding to Sin City's earlier post:
i remember that from "disappeared" as well... roxanne's sister said she knew roxanne's clothing, and the clothes louis walls finally returned to the family were definitely not hers... they were like children's clothes, or something? that was another totally odd thing the boyfriend did.
however, this ID thing really bothers me. i feel like its an obvious link with louis walls and jeffery moore. the way their stories differ, etc. i'd love to hear what roxanne's mother thinks about these indiscrepancies (or is it just differing information throughout the media?)!

Family remembers teen missing for five years

The family of a missing Austin teenager who disappeared five years ago Thursday, plastered the intersection where she was last seen with missing person fliers.

“That missing link to the puzzle, that's what I'm hoping for,” said Liz Harris the mother of 18-year old Roxanne Paltauf.

More: http://www.kvue.com/news/Austin-fam...ears-after-teenager-disappears-125117599.html

I think this has already been cross referenced before but it is worth asking. There is a Jane Doe on the Doe Network Case File: 483UFTX that seems to have some similarities with Roxanne. Here is the link.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/483uftx.html

Has there been a DNA comparison done with Roxanne and this Jane Doe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ
Back