TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
richandfamous said:
Bump for Roxy
You are so thoughtful and kind richandfamous :blowkiss: .

Prayers for Roxanne and her family.

Lion

Bump for Roxy
scan0016-1.jpg

LionRun said:
It was Roxanne's birthday yesterday, January 3. I just heard this on the news tonight for the first time, and it is only about 15 minutes from me. I often don't watch local news--just cable news. I think America's Most Wanted is interested.

Sleuthers let's see if we can be part of the solution once more and help find what happened to Roxanne. If you read the links with corresponding articles, there is some good info that may get us started in the right direction. There may be more links; but, I am in the Internet paste and copy learning phase.

http://www.someoneismissing.com/texas/ro

11/24/06 - Eighteen-year-old Roxanne Paltauf was last seen in July at a hotel on Interstate-35 and Rundberg.

Her boyfriend told Austin police that she took off after they had an argument. From that point, police say she vanished.
Volunteer search teams combed the area for clues but fell short of finding anything.

This week, family members learned from Austin police that the missing teenager's case will be featured on America’s Most Wanted.

Roxanne's mother, Elizabeth Harris, is hoping national attention can provide some answers.

It gets the word out to more people and let's people be aware that one of our children and we've got to find her," said Elizabeth Harris.

The family isn't sure when Roxanne’s story will be aired on America’s Most Wanted.

Police ask that anyone with information call Crimestoppers at 472-TIPS.

Police search for missing woman

Updated: 7/15/2006 10:53 AM
By: News 8 Austin Staff -

http://www.news8austin.com/

Austin police are asking for help locating a missing 18-year-old woman.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1206/0403_missing_paltauf.html

Roxanne Paltauf was last seen at a hotel on Interstate 35, just south of Rutherford Lane on July 7.

She was reported missing by her family the next day. Paltauf was staying with a friend at the hotel.

Detectives say Paltauf may have been seen in the area of Rundberg Lane and I-35 North on July 9 and 10, but they have not been able to locate her.

Paltauf is five feet four inches and about 124 pounds. She has green eyes and brown hair and was last seen wearing white shorts, a pink tank top and flip flops.

Thank richandfamous. Well, we can bump for her and hope she is doing okay. We are here for you Lizzy, and I pray every day for Roxy, you, and all in your family:blowkiss: .

Lion

richandfamous, i may have to steal your excellent signature line. nobody does it better! :blowkiss:

Roxanne — come home! :blowkiss:

Here's the latest word about missing Roxy From the Crime Library site
01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
aperry58
Member Join Date: Aug 2006

Roxanne

Hi, This is Roxanne's Aunt. I really do appreciate all the concerns and support concerning Roxanne. For some reason LE has chosen to distance themself from Roxanne's Mother. I had a detective that I know from here look at Roxanne's info that has been on the news and etc. He thinks that a lot of times they want to tell the family something but can't because of info being leaked to the press. Also, when researching her name on the web, he noticed case facts being leaked to who knows who on the internet and that might be why they are being distance. But what are you to do when you feel like that is the only ones that care. I feel they should at least give her something to show that they have not given up. I got an Email from someone that notice a post that I had made on Rachel Cookes site that read
"My name is Jerry Nance and I work at the National Center for Missing Exploited Children. Since the passage of "Suzanne's Law" we can now assist in cases where the person is over 18 but still not 21. To get our assistance in what is called the Protect Act Cases, the request must be made by the police."
The officer can contact us by calling 1-800-THE LOST. I pray your family will have answers.

But getting police to do that I guess is out of the question.

Also this announcement from same site:

Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Freshwater
Administrator Join Date: May 2006

Hello All,

After spending the last couple of days exploring ways Crime Library could "make a difference" I have gotten approval from the exec editor to have a follow-up article written on this case. I will take to David Lohr in the morning about this case and ask him if he'll do the follow-up. As some of you know - in conjunction with David's piece I will organize a forum wide call to action to put pressure on Travis County DA to investigate this case.

I will need anyone who has talked to anyone associated with this case to e-mail David and send him information on what you know and how to contact you! This is important and will help speed things alone. Also persuing a conversation with the Austin American Statesman to perhaps run David's article there.

For those that post elsewhere as well I'll give you the date when I get that from David then PLEASE Spread the word around the web!! Let's see what we can do!

Thanks
FH20
This pretty much explains why Lizzy has been quiet. Hope these people will help Lizzy find her daughter.

:woohoo: Okay Guys, Im Just updating ya'll on Roxanne's case! She's going to be on America's most wanted This Saturday , Feb 3 , 07 at 8, it will mean alot to me and my family if yall would watch It only like 8 second spot
Please spread the word and lets find Roxanne

LIZZY64 said:
:woohoo: Okay Guys, Im Just updating ya'll on Roxanne's case! She's going to be on America's most wanted This Saturday , Feb 3 , 07 at 8, it will mean alot to me and my family if yall would watch It only like 8 second spot
I will be watching. Thanks for the info!!!

LIZZY64 said:
It is so good to hear from you Lizzy:blowkiss: . I will be watching AMW this Saturday. May some results come from the show.

Best to you,

Lion

I did an interview today with FOX 7 here in Austin Tx it will be aired at 5 and 10 tonight
also doing another interview with KXAN 36 here in Austin sometime tomorrow close to the time that AMW will be airing Roxanne

I have a GOOD feeling something positive is going to come from this

Thanks to Everyone
Love Liz

Wonderful, Lizzy:)! I am very glad to hear that the media is showing interest in dear Roxanne's disappearance. I was hoping and praying for this to happen, and I will continue to hope and to pray that something substantial is revealed as a result.

All of the best for you and your family,

Lion

Do you mean that the Fox 7 interview will air at 9PM? That is when Fox 7 news airs.

LIZZY64 said:
I did an interview today with FOX 7 here in Austin Tx it will be aired at 5 and 10 tonight
also doing another interview with KXAN 36 here in Austin sometime tomorrow close to the time that AMW will be airing Roxanne

I have a GOOD feeling something positive is going to come from this

Thanks to Everyone
Love Liz

progress.gif

Dearest Lizzy,

I just watched Fox 7 news, and I thought the piece was excellent. I think it may spark even more people to take note, and that possible tips may be generated especially with the combination of John Walsh and you and Roxanne.

Please let me know what I can do. Would it help to call local LE and show a citizen's interest? If so I will be glad to. If there is anything I can do, however small or big, please feel free to ask.

I saw a picture of a man standing close to Roxanne in news piece. Is he the bf? Can you tell me if the bf has any history of violent behaviour that you have heard of, even throwing things or punching walls?

Also, as I recall, the bf, Roxanne, and a friend (the driver) of the bf allegedly went to the Dollar Store shortly before Roxanne's disappearance. Did the bf even have an auto at that time? Did he have access to an auto at that time that you know of? If the bf had anything to do with Roxanne's disappearance, they in fact together at the Budget Inn on July 7th, yet neither the bf nor Roxanne had an auto how far could she be taken? I would think that access to an auto either via passenger or driver would be needed for Roxanne to get very far from the hotel.

If all areas within walking distance of the hotel were searched, then I imagine she went somewhere by vehicle. It may be telling that the bf's friend had possession of Roxanne's license, after her disappearance. And, it is equally odd that the only thing the boyfriend stated that Roxanne took with her was her license.

Let's hope and pray that something comes from this. I will of course be watching tomorrow's America's Most wanted, on Fox 7, at 8PM central standard time, as well.

Prayers and hope,

Lion

Kxan 36 will come tomorrow and do a piece while AMW is airing here at the house while we are watching and it will be on at the 10 news

LIZZY64 said:
Kxan 36 will come tomorrow and do a piece while AMW is airing here at the house while we are watching and it will be on at the 10 news
This is reallly good. I will watch KXAN 10 PM news tomorrow night then as well.

Big cyber hugs,

Lion

LIZZY64 said:
KVUE 24 News is also airing your story---right now.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasfrank
Back