TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
richandfamous said:
Good synopsis LionRun. There's a pic of the b/f about halfway through this video.
http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pa...TY&pageId=3.2.1
Maybe someone can freeze frame that pic and post it. I'm very disapointed in AMW last night...they were right there in Austin doing another story and could have done a better job of Roxy's story.
Thank you richandfamous:). I am grateful for the local coverage; but, I was not as happy about AMW's short piece on Roxanne. Lizzy and her family need all of the help they can get. Let's hope that someone calls in a viable tip that leads to something.

Lion

richandfamous said:
On that last video, the girl from amw said that they were getting tips called in on the case!!!
Let's hope that something comes from this. Someone knows something.

OT: Your Liza is precious! I love the expression she has on her face, and she seems to have real personality.

Lion

Here is some recent media coverage

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/020207kvuepaltauf.45f1a4ce.html

Missing Austin teen to be featured on national TV show

[size=-1]08:59 PM CST on Friday, February 2, 2007

[/size]

[size=-1]By SHELTON GREEN/KVUE News[/size]

The case of a missing 17-year-old girl from Austin in getting national attention.

The T.V. show “America’s Most Wanted” will feature Roxanne Paltauf’s disappearance when it airs Saturday.

“I was just happy! I was saying, ‘Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for getting her on there,’” said Paltauf’s mother, Liz Harris, on Friday. “That somebody spots her and just gives us a call or calls America's Most Wanted to say, ‘We know where this girl is,’ or ‘We've seen her in the company of this person,’ or ‘We've seen her in this town,’ or whatever, anything, just so we have something to go on instead of nothing at all.”

Paltauf was last seen in a North Austin hotel in July 2006. Her boyfriend, Louis Walls, claims they were hanging out when Paultauf walked away after an argument. He was the last to see her alive.

Harris is hoping national attention will bring in more clues.

“I know that a lot more people are going to be able to see it and we're going to find Roxanne,” she said. “I have a good feeling that she's going to be found. Somebody's going to see her.”

My hinky motor says the boyfriend knows exactly where she is. He called an old girlfriend the night Roxanne disappeared and there were pages of phone calls to her!!! Doesn't sound like he was worried about her in the least.

I have a granddaughter that just turned 18 yrs and she doesn't go anywhere without her cell phone. If her and her boyfriend got into a fight and she left the house in a huff she might not grab a coat but I know for sure she would grab her cell phone. It is always in her hand. I think she would remember to grab her purse too. This girl took nothing with her and never returned to get her belongings. Sounds like the boyfriend is a big liar. I just wonder if LE even check the motel room for evidence or if they have ever checked the friends vehicle. If we can figure this out you would think that they could. If there was blood somewhere and someone tried to clean it up LE could still find it if they have the sense to check the motel and car out.

Does anyone know what kind of relationship they had? Did they normally get along well or did they fight a lot? He didn't seem to worried about her not coming back. It bothers me when the boyfriend or husband don't seem concerned and won't talk to LE or they do it in their own good time. He would be at the top of my list if I was LE.

Maybe we should email AMW and let them know that we are disappointed that they didn't do a full story on this young girl. I guess we could wait a little while to see if any tips pan out but they should have done at least a longer segment for her.

yep, I think the b/f knows for sure. He is 31 and should be acting much differently than he is acting.

LionRun said:
There are some interesting facts involving the disappearance of Roxanne. Her boyfriend was the last known person to have seen her 5 months ago. He said they had an argument, and that she left the hotel where they were staying with nothing but her ID. He waited until the next day and called Roxanne's mother. They went together to the police to report her missing.

Roxanne expressed to her Mom previously how good it felt for her to have a cell phone in her name with a contract. She was just 18, and that meant a lot to her. Yet, she left her cell phone at the hotel--again along with everything else except her ID. A male friend of the boyfriend later claimed that he had Roxanne's ID somehow as a result of driving Roxanne and her boyfriend to the dollar store sometime before her disappearance. Not only is that odd; but, now it appears Roxanne disappeared taking absolutely nothing with her except the clothes on her back. Makes no sense.

Also, the boyfriend stated that she left at about 8:30 pm on the night of her disappearance. The boyfriend made numerous calls from Roxanne's cell phone to an ex-girlfriend in New Mexico. The calls were made AFTER 8:30 pm on the night of Roxanne's disappearance. It was reported in one of the links that the bf made those calls to the ex in NM and said he was in trouble. I do not know more than what I read about those conversations.

Initially, shortly after Roxanne disappeared, her Mom was passing out fliers in the area of the hotel She asked one woman if she had seen Roxanne, and the woman replied that she hadn't. Sometime later they ran into each other gain. The woman asked if she could help. Roxanne's Mom gave her some fliers. That woman was later found murdered. I do not know her name, when exactly she was murdered, or where. It may be a red herring. But, it at the very least is horrible coincidence.

As I've stated before my googling skills need an upgrade, as do my copy and post and all things, "link" skills. If I could get some help and interest in the search for this young lady I, and perhaps her family would be most grateful.

Most Sincerely,

LionRun

I hope LE is really on this case...so much is obvious here. And why was a 31 yr old man living in a motel? Why does he not have a vehicle? Is he still in that motel room? If not has it been looked at by LE?

I have an 18 yr old daughter who is hanging with the wrong ppl and thinks she can handle things. I am so scared for her and I feel for Roxy's mom.

:dance: Hi Everyone.

I need everyone to go to crimelibrary website, On the home page they have a story on Roxanne written David Lohr,
Also they a have Call To Action for Roxanne

Please check it , spread it around. It will mean so much to our Family
http://boards.crimelibrary.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387

Thank yOu
Lizzy

richandfamous said:
I hope LE is really on this case...so much is obvious here. And why was a 31 yr old man living in a motel? Why does he not have a vehicle? Is he still in that motel room? If not has it been looked at by LE?

I have an 18 yr old daughter who is hanging with the wrong ppl and thinks she can handle things. I am so scared for her and I feel for Roxy's mom.
Hi Rich:). I think as you do, and I am going to do what I can to help Lizzy. I am sorry your daughter is at that point in her life, and I will hope and pray for to realise a better way. I hope you check out Lizzy's new post. Things seem to be heading in the right direction.

I had a painful day today; but, this news gives me hope for Roxanne. Thank you Lizzy for telling us about the link, and I will do all I can.

Lion

richandfamous said:

I don't know why but some kids just think that they know everything and that we are as dumb as doors. My granddaughter was the same way and it just drove me crazy. I couldn't tell her anything...I'm old and things are different then when I was her age...or so she thinks. Some things are different but when you get involved with kids that are doing things that they shouldn't be doing...times haven't changed. When your kid is doing things they shouldn't be doing and end up in trouble...times haven't changed. Guys still hand girls lines and girls still fall for them...times haven't changed. There are more drugs then when I was that age and more kids are doing them...that has changed. Basically things haven't changed all that much when it comes to most things. It is scary when you can't get through to your child about the dangers of this world. I always wished my granddaughter would get on this forum and just spend a few hours here. Thank God she has straightened her life up and is working and has a good boyfriend. I swear they can cause a parent or grandparent acting as a parent to have a nervous breakdown....stress. I hope that your daughter does a turn around real soon. I really feel for you.

I'm grateful to learn Roxanne is at last receiving attention on her disappearance from national news coverage, as well, now, as local.

i continue to be dismayed at Austin L.E.'s ineptitude.

my thoughts are with you, Lizzie.

bump for Roxanne...

somethings up I think. pretty quiet.

soooooooo....here's my doggie
If I had her out in Austin Texas, we could look for Roxanne.
413593170_m.jpg

Hey rich. So, there is the Liza puppy sitting their in deep thought:).

So it is all quiet huh? I wonder if something is going on or everyone is taking a break.

Lion

Thanks to richandfamous, we have a way to contact Austin PD to inquire how the search for Roxanne is going, and to just let them know that there are those of us who want to find the truth. Sometimes squeaky wheels really do have a better chance of getting greased.

This should probably be on all the threads.

Austin Police Department

Link for the email given for the missing persons division:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/connect/email_apd3.htm

The Austin Police Dept link:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/police/

The complete directory for all divisions:

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/help/directory_a.htm

Lion

richandfamous said:

What the heck was a 31 yr old man doing with a 17 yr old girl????? He should be hung out to dry :furious:

richandfamous said:
bump for Roxanne...

somethings up I think. pretty quiet.

soooooooo....here's my doggie
If I had her out in Austin Texas, we could look for Roxanne.
413593170_m.jpg

What a beautiful dog!

Bobbisangel said:
What a beautiful dog!

Bobbisangel, Thanks, I think so too!
That pic was taken on the 4th of July on our boat. She loves the boat and was sitting on the back seat by the flag and it was a "photo moment" for sure.

I do hope Lizzy stops by soon to update us.
I emailed (again) Sergeant Ballard of APD to let him know that empower1 has posted on Crime Library Forum as Jennifer the ex-gf.
I also asked why Equisearch has not been allowed to search for Roxanne and I offered CLR and WS help if needed.
LionRun has done this also. I will post if I receive an answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back