TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:please:OH MY GOSH!

This is right next to where LLR was found and in order to get to this place you have to pass LW's sister and brothers apt complex (at the time) which was Walnut Creek Apts and that happens to be where he went to stay after he checked out of Budget Inn.

Can I also just say that yesterday was my birthday and my one and only wish was for Roxanne to be found and then I see this?!?!?!

Yes she was. It was only 5 miles away from this site to the Montopolis Bridge. Also did you note the Walnut Creek Apts? Thats where LW went to stay after he checked out of Budget Inn. Its all in the same area.....The tooth would be a tell all I would think.

Am I right in thinking because the front upper tooth was false, the skull would have that particular tooth missing?

Yes, I've learned from other cases it is the lower jaw that often is missing, but rarely the upper. (I think.)

Well the cop said it was "weathered" and seemed to be in bad shape so maybe some teeth are missing? Hmmm Ill be on pins and needles for the next few days!

No visible trauma to the skull either which means its likely the victim was strangled, which is how Loretta Lynn was killed.

And they said whoever the skull belonged to has had dental work! This is looking very likely! I can't wait for an update.

I believe Roxanne was probably strangled too. Just like LLR.

I hope they notified the Paltauf family before this went on the news...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder why we haven't heard any updates on the skull they found last week??

I've been watching for one, too. Nothing.
ICYMI, I didn't see this Statesman photo gallery from the initial find until someone posted the link in Rachel's thread today.
http://www.statesman.com/gallery/ne...ull-near-del-valle-home-090814/gCNDZ/#6042703
It is from Sept 8th.

OT Colton Turner's gravesite is just 7 miles from this dog owner's location, just the other side of ABIA near Burleson & Felter Lane. AND the hotel his mother first told LE a story of him being kidnapped is the same Budget Inn Roxanne was staying at.
Not related but enough geography overlap to be creepy.

i just watched her episode on Disappeared, and my heart aches with the family. I hope this new lead can bring an end to what happened to her. I still strongly feel the boyfriend had something to do with her disappearance. Was he ever given a lie detector test?

Agreed KateB. It is definitely creepy! I hope we hear something soon!

Why was there no update to the skull that was found by the dog? Seem's weird.

Has anyone heard from Roxanne's mom lately. Sorry but I've been away for a while. (working and life etc. not jail...lol) I think I still have her email address at home. I will see if I can get ahold of her.

I thought I read that one of her other daughters got into some major trouble. So I suspect she is dealing with that. I don't have the link right now but I did see it on a reputable news station from Austin.

Austin police reviewing cold cases after bodies found in Indiana
Updated: 5:56 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014 | Posted: 12:12 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014
A 43-year-old Darren Deon Vann is listed in the Texas Department of Public Safety’s sex offender registry.
The state agency’s registry said Vann last registered as a sex offender with the state in June 2013. His sex offender status stems from a 2009 conviction for sexually assaulting a 25-year-old woman, according to the registry.
Vann was charged with aggravated sexual assault in the attack in 2008, court records show. He was accused of assaulting the woman in his apartment in 2007. She had been told to meet “Dean” in the parking lot of the apartment complex and when she met Vann they went inside his apartment, according to an arrest affidavit.
Roxanne and Loretta are are mentioned in this discussion - IN - Darren Deon Vann, 43, Gary, body count at seven, more expected

Maybe there will be some big news soon .

Guess the skull that was found behind austin airport wasn't Roxanne. I was so hopeful...

Guess the skull that was found behind austin airport wasn't Roxanne. I was so hopeful...

Very strange. From being "weathered" and "out there for a while," the NamUs entry states probable year of death as 2014 and describes the head hair.
They have also determined it belongs to a male.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12956
So you're right, it's not Roxanne.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010