Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He went missing as a Texas teenager more than eight years ago and turned up alive Saturday as a 25-year-old man for whom that time remained a mystery.

The Texas Center for the Missing said Saturday that Rudy Farias, of Houston, the subject of nationwide concern, has been "located safe" and is recovering in a hospital for reasons not mentioned.

He was last seen walking his two dogs on March 6, 2015, near his home, according to authorities. One dog, then the other returned home without their leashes, and Farias, then 18, was in the wind, they said.

Family members said he suffered from depression, particularly after he lost an older brother to a motorcycle accident years before.

"He watched his best friend die right in front of him," Brenda Paradise, a private investigator hired by the Farias family, said in April 2015. "His brother was his best friend in the world. He’s just gone through so much more than anyone his age ever should."

' ... more than eight years ... turned up alive Saturday ... 25-year-old man for whom that time remained a mystery ... , has been "located safe" and is recovering in a hospital for reasons not mentioned.

He was last seen walking his two dogs on March 6, 2015, near his home, according to authorities. One dog, then the other returned home without their leashes, and Farias, then 18, was in the wind, they said.

Family members said he suffered from depression, particularly after he lost an older brother to a motorcycle accident years before.

"He watched his best friend die right in front of him," Brenda Paradise, a private investigator hired by the Farias family, said in April 2015. "His brother was his best friend in the world. He’s just gone through so much more than anyone his age ever should."
Recovering in hospital after being found ...

His disappearance was downplayed at the beginning with full disclosure info that he was depressed and experienced loss at the time he disappeared.

Trafficked, or did he choose to walk away from his life? That "time remains a mystery" ? To whom? Where did they find him? That gives a clue as to where he has been.

KPRC 2′s Corley Peel spoke with Farias’ mother. She said good Samaritans spotted him at a church and then called 911. Authorities confirmed it was Rudy.

Rudy’s mother said he is in “bad shape,” physically and mentally. He reportedly had several bruises, burns and scrapes at the time he was found. She is grateful to have him back and is asking for prayers.

Tim Miller, who is the director for Texas EquuSearch, is one of several people who helped search high and low for Farias.

“How did this happen? We believe in miracles and this certainly was a miracle,” ❤️ Miller said. “I can’t even tell you how many times we searched and how many leads and tips came in and they just kind of faded away and now all of a sudden, this.”

“In the beginning, we met with the family and detectives out there and we found a backpack. We talked to someone with a catering truck that said they saw him, then there were different possible sightings in different places,” said Miller.

“I think now there’s a lot of questions. There’s a lot to investigate to kind of see what happened, where it happened, how it happened,” said Miller.

In 2015, family members told NBC that Rudy had been suffering from depression for months. He lost his older brother to a motorcycle accident several years ago.

“He watched his best friend die right in front of him. His brother was his best friend in the world. He’s just gone through so much more than anyone his age ever should,” a private investigator working for the Farias family was quoted saying on Dateline in 2015.
The teen was spotted outside a church and was unresponsive.Farias was spotted outside a church and was unresponsive.

Last edited:
One thing that makes me think he was abducted and he's been through something truly horrific (as opposed to suffering mental health issues and leaving on his own) is that he seems to have been so well articulated and bright right up until he disappeared.
In his posts he had no problems talking about what he thought and how he felt about his brother's death.
A lot of sadness but also knowledge his brother was watching over him and they would meet again someday.
He doesn't come across as someone who's consumed with grief and can't cope.
Of course a mental breakdown can happen suddenly but if the family posts are correct that is unlikely what happened here.
If someone did this to him I hope they're caught quickly because I don't think this would be their only victim.

How amazing he has been found. I can‘t imagine where he has been all this time. Was he living on the streets? Or being held captive by someone?
Prayers and hope for a complete recovery.

<modsnip - ask moderation questions using the report feature instead of on the thread where we might not see it>

Last edited by a moderator:
Recovering in hospital after being found ...

His disappearance was downplayed at the beginning with full disclosure info that he was depressed and experienced loss at the time he disappeared.

Trafficked, or did he choose to walk away from his life? That "time remains a mystery" ? To whom? Where did they find him? That gives a clue as to where he has been.
\Was he found in Houston? I read several articles and it fails to say what city or state he was found.

KPRC 2′s Corley Peel spoke with Farias’ mother. She said good Samaritans spotted him at a church and then called 911. Authorities confirmed it was Rudy.

Rudy’s mother said he is in “bad shape,” physically and mentally. He reportedly had several bruises, burns and scrapes at the time he was found. She is grateful to have him back and is asking for prayers.

Tim Miller, who is the director for Texas EquuSearch, is one of several people who helped search high and low for Farias.

“How did this happen? We believe in miracles and this certainly was a miracle,” ❤️ Miller said. “I can’t even tell you how many times we searched and how many leads and tips came in and they just kind of faded away and now all of a sudden, this.”

“In the beginning, we met with the family and detectives out there and we found a backpack. We talked to someone with a catering truck that said they saw him, then there were different possible sightings in different places,” said Miller.

“I think now there’s a lot of questions. There’s a lot to investigate to kind of see what happened, where it happened, how it happened,” said Miller.

In 2015, family members told NBC that Rudy had been suffering from depression for months. He lost his older brother to a motorcycle accident several years ago.

“He watched his best friend die right in front of him. His brother was his best friend in the world. He’s just gone through so much more than anyone his age ever should,” a private investigator working for the Farias family was quoted saying on Dateline in 2015.
The teen was spotted outside a church and was unresponsive.Farias was spotted outside a church and was unresponsive.
Geez, after all this can’t they put him in a more comfortable hospital bed? This guy needs some comfort. I hope he is eating, getting loving human touch if he can take it.

I wonder if it was labor trafficking? Instead of promising a young girl money & a “cushy job” and it’s sex trafficking — they offered him good money for a “job” somewhere and he was taken advantage of. I’ve heard that sometimes the labor traffickers will take their ids, passports, etc so they can’t really leave. All speculation.

Poor kid. I wish him all the healing in the world!

Read more about labor trafficking here. Labor Trafficking

This young man and his dimples always touched me! I can't believe he has been found. Prayers for recovery. I am SO very sad for him and what he may have gone through - first with watching his brother die, and now 8 years of his life gone. Love and prayers to him as he recovers physically and mentally.

Amazing but crazy turn of events!
Recall reading a page or so back that he’d been scheduled to testify in some case when he disappeared.
Would like to know if that’s related.
<modsnip: Sleuthing/discussing family social media is NOT allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is this man? Julio Torres, or Rudy Farias? I'm curious to hear how he was identified as the missing man? Why would he be confused about his name?

"'It broke our hearts to see him in this condition. 'God only knows what he has endured during his time away from home.' The note mentions that he is in a lot of pain. 'He flintches if you try to touch him or hug him thinking we are going to strike him.

'He thinks his name is Julio Torres and he is 14 now.'

Farias' mother said they have tried to speak to him, but he will only say a few words and adopts the fetal position."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb