Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I think we're seeing a convergence of bias and semantics.

There are many who think captive means restraints, but the most insidious abuse IMO is when the victim is free to leave/get help but doesn't-- because of the overwhelming, pervasive grooming/gaslighting/mind-bending that leave a victim unsure of which way is up. Parentalizing a child adds the unfair burden of the emotional management of the adult victimizer. "You're bad if you don't meet my emotional needs."

Based on the various interviews to date, I'm of the opinion that Rudy is a victim of emotional, financial and sexual abuse -- while simultaneously having absorbed responsibility for it and for his mother, and while he courageously wanted to break free of, he didn't have the heart to get his mom in trouble. Ah, the art of the abuser. "You're the bad one of you tell." And for that reason -- his tragic allegiance to his captor -- that he skirted the phrase 'sexual abuse' -- because them thar's fighting words and she'd have been arrested and stayed arrested, and while we might want that, he doesn't, as he's been trained to keep her secrets. Stockholmy.

WE can read between lines, O can read between lines (daddy, nudity, showering, kissing -- paints a pretty clear picture) -- she didn't "respect his boundaries" -- That's euphemistic if ever there were euphemisms.

I think OUR confusion on the thread here is HIS confusion. He's still trying to protect his victimizer. That happens. Sadly.

IMO he did reveal a lot. Enough to establish distance, in his mind, but stopped short of the charge which she be arrested for. At 14, he likely was well aware how wrong it was but even then I bet the grooming started much earlier and she made what's wrong right and right wrong at a time when he had few resources and fewer recourse. He was captive. She was the offender but she convinced a mere child to be her emotional crutch. So so so wrong and altogether criminal.

it may take him decades to unpack the depravity of what was done to him. Not just to his body but to his psyche. I hope he will take full advantages of resources now, including legal counsel, so he can break all the way free of the harm and headgames he's endured, by learning that, if she goes to prison, he didn't cause that; she did.

Perhaps one day righteous anger will boil up in his belly once he realizes what all was stolen from him, that he might confront it, testify against it and conquer it.

Jmo
Thank you for this…..I think this is the most likely scenario

How old was Charles when he died in the motorcycle accident?

jmo
And just another oddity: older brother Charles died in a motorcycle accident and Rudy apparently crashed his mom's car and was injured (not sure if that is actually true, though). What if the "Rudy crashed the car" narrative is just a story inspired by what happened to Charles?

Maybe Charles was just meant to crash for fund-raising purposes? That's too crazy, right? And if we go the Munchausen route, was he supposed to crash and then Janie is the hero who takes care of him? Wild speculation, not based on fact, opinion only, unlikely but possible.

jmo at the moment

And just another oddity: older brother Charles died in a motorcycle accident and Rudy apparently crashed his mom's car and was injured (not sure if that is actually true, though). What if the "Rudy crashed the car" narrative is just a story inspired by what happened to Charles?

Maybe Charles was just meant to crash for fund-raising purposes? That's too crazy, right? And if we go the Munchausen route, was he supposed to crash and then Janie is the hero who takes care of him? Wild speculation, not based on fact, opinion only, unlikely but possible.

jmo at the moment
There are always piece of truths peppered into the lies, and there is a lot more to the story where JS is concerned 100%!

I noticed in the article linked upthread from yesterday that one of her marriages was performed "by proxy." The bride and groom were in different places when married! Sounds something like a medieval royal marriage, lol.

What in the world did she tell him for him to agree to marry her by proxy?

The by-proxy marriage ended when the groom found out she was already married. Good grief.

jmo
This almost sounds like some sort of romance scam? Wonder if she got money out of him.

jmo at the moment
No…to me it doesn’t seem likely. It seems like a tragic accident

jmo at the moment
I don't know what to believe about the weird details in this case.
There have been so many lies, and so much conflicting or confusing information.

I do think Rudy is a victim of some really terrible abuse(s). Probably all of them.
I also think his mother should be in jail, for everything she's done to that young man.

Justice in this case means at the very least, Rudy gets away from his abuser and gets help, and heals.
Added bonus, seeing the fullest extent of the law thrown at his abuser, and seeing it stick.

jmo

There are many who think captive means restraints, but the most insidious abuse IMO is when the victim is free to leave/get help but doesn't-- because of the overwhelming, pervasive grooming/gaslighting/mind-bending that leave a victim unsure of which way is up. Parentalizing a child adds the unfair burden of the emotional management of the adult victimizer. "You're bad if you don't meet my emotional needs."

Based on the various interviews to date, I'm of the opinion that Rudy is a victim of emotional, financial and sexual abuse -- while simultaneously having absorbed responsibility for it and for his mother, and while he courageously wanted to break free of, he didn't have the heart to get his mom in trouble. Ah, the art of the abuser. "You're the bad one of you tell." And for that reason -- his tragic allegiance to his captor -- that he skirted the phrase 'sexual abuse' -- because them thar's fighting words and she'd have been arrested and stayed arrested, and while we might want that, he doesn't, as he's been trained to keep her secrets. Stockholmy.

WE can read between lines, O can read between lines (daddy, nudity, showering, kissing -- paints a pretty clear picture) -- she didn't "respect his boundaries" -- That's euphemistic if ever there were euphemisms.

I think OUR confusion on the thread here is HIS confusion. He's still trying to protect his victimizer. That happens. Sadly.

IMO he did reveal a lot. Enough to establish distance, in his mind, but stopped short of the charge which she be arrested for. At 14, he likely was well aware how wrong it was but even then I bet the grooming started much earlier and she made what's wrong right and right wrong at a time when he had few resources and fewer recourse. He was captive. She was the offender but she convinced a mere child to be her emotional crutch. So so so wrong and altogether criminal.

it may take him decades to unpack the depravity of what was done to him. Not just to his body but to his psyche. I hope he will take full advantages of resources now, including legal counsel, so he can break all the way free of the harm and headgames he's endured, by learning that, if she goes to prison, he didn't cause that; she did.

Perhaps one day righteous anger will boil up in his belly once he realizes what all was stolen from him, that he might confront it, testify against it and conquer it.

Jmo
Most well stated on this case. I was thinking Stockholm Syndrone when I first read about this case. Thanks for making it so clear.

Simple: if she could convince him thst he was deathly ill, he'd be even nore deoendent on her. Some people only know codependency. Desperation, deep fear of abandonment, using sex to manipulate. Bonus that, in this day and age, she could also profit from scams. No one questioned those hospital photos. Well, until.

She did a number on his head.

I hope distance brings him perspective and clarity. He's going to need them.

Jmo

I agree, it is odd.
Not to mention all of her marriages, and the alleged bigamy which is illegal. Once upon a time people would get arrested for that kind of thing but I guess no more. Seems she gets away with so much, perhaps that’s part of her problem.

Am I the only one who is mystified by this woman being able to get that many men to marry her ?!

I think that's the problem she doesn't seem to have to suffer any consequences for committing fraud and/or bigamy, she is given many chances and passes by the HPD she's an extremely lucky or well connected women.

Glad this info is finally making it to MSM. From the link above:

"Ms Santana operated several pages under her own name and aliases, and used photos of attractive younger women that appeared to have been taken from the internet."

"Another perplexing detail came when Ms Paradise learned that his mother had given an incorrect date of birth for her son." (Me: I looked up birth records, which are public. Rudy was born in 1996. He was 18 when he was reported missing. I think that is significant as he would be legal age and "disappearing" would mean Mom could control any assets, should he have inheritance, etc. imo, while at the same time not be taken as seriously by LE as a child who went missing.)

"In 2012, Ms Santana insisted on taking her son into hospital for brain scans, Ms Paradise said. During the visit Child Protective Services separated the pair and questioned Mr Farias." (Me: The photos Mom posted after Rudy's "discovery" were actually photos from his 2012 hospital stay, according to the aunt.)

The mom tried to raise money to help with Rudy's "cancer," but he "had never been seriously unwell, didn’t have asthma, or cancer, as his mother had claimed."

The web of LIES is incredible.

Imagine the damage to a child growing up with lies as reality.

jmo
this case is reminding me more and more of the Gypsy Blanchard case, with the added weirdness of the fake disappearance.

It applies to the Texas juvenile justice system only. If you get a criminal charge and you are 17, you get charged as an adult. Otherwise, you are not considered to be an adult until you are 18, the standard "age of majority."
I understood the context of being considered an adult in that circumstance, but it doesn't make the police chief's comment about how Rudy was an adult when he went missing.

Jmo
Do we have any statements, at all, regarding his schooling. Do we assume no schooling since the reported "missing at 15"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper