Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After watching the interview I can fully understand why the police have not charged Rudy’s mother with a crime. Rudy just denied any physical or sexual abuse, and in all honesty it feels like Q may have been made a fool of IMO.

I highly recommend watching the interview posted above. IMO LE know exactly what they are dealing with here, which is why no arrest has been made.

But this is MOO
i feel its entirely possible this kid was gaslighted and not admitting it.

Thank you!! You articulated exactly how I feel. I feel like LE has let this young man down again too. He should be having private therapy sessions, not talking to the media and feeding this frenzy!

Watching him, it is obvious to me (IMHO) that he has been under the influence of something - likely mushrooms - and his brain may never be normal again. I think he may have participated in unsavory things, but I still question whether or not he even understands the concept of right and wrong. With a parent like he has, he needs help finding his way into reality. I also think he may be following online and heard some of the terms he was trying to use in the interview such as SS and manipulation. I think he doesn't actually know and shouldn't be trying to diagnose himself. If he is just a con too, a therapist could hopefully sort through that.
Can anyone in the USA just walk on and get private therapy somewhere? I thought it cost money?

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed>

I don't understand this post, either. Whose names did not need to be brought into it and what conclusion are you glad you didn't jump to earlier?

Not trying to be difficult, y'all. I'm just scratching my head, trying to figure out what everyone is talking about in these last few posts and wondering if I missed something.

Personally, I don't know what to think of the latest interview, re Rudy's talk of colors etc., and the interviewers didn't ask him what he meant by it. It could indicate deeper issues of some kind, or maybe he was a bit under the influence or just speaking metaphorically, IDK.

In any case, if what's been presented thus far is more or less accurate, then at least Rudy is now unstuck and has support to begin building his adult life on his own terms. Hopefully, he will be able to move on to a bright future. :)
What I mean is, I originally thought one thing, which was that he was truly gone this whole time and on the streets due to possible mental illness.
I'm sorry you don't understand, IDK how to clarify it for you other than to explain that I have, in the past, made comments that were not beneficial to a case or convo., and sometimes mentioned people I should not, and that this site taught me to wait for more information, so I do not run off at the mouth in error

I was just trying to thank cooler heads, that I have learned from just by being a reader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!! You articulated exactly how I feel. I feel like LE has let this young man down again too. He should be having private therapy sessions, not talking to the media and feeding this frenzy!

Watching him, it is obvious to me (IMHO) that he has been under the influence of something - likely mushrooms - and his brain may never be normal again. I think he may have participated in unsavory things, but I still question whether or not he even understands the concept of right and wrong. With a parent like he has, he needs help finding his way into reality. I also think he may be following online and heard some of the terms he was trying to use in the interview such as SS and manipulation. I think he doesn't actually know and shouldn't be trying to diagnose himself. If he is just a con too, a therapist could hopefully sort through that.

Shrooms do not do this. Not beyond the high.

Mushrooms do not cause permanent psychosis, although they can trigger underlying psychoses. None of this is because of psilocybin.

it's unreasonable to assume janie didn't involve qx without a scheme in mind

tragically, it's unreasonable to assume rudy has no tendencies to lie/scam/manipulate based on what was normalized by who raised him

rudy is staying with one of his mom's friends (was she the one who found him in front of the church?) instead of his relatives, & he noted his intention to not involve any professionals... and to not report anything to the police

with that all said, there are serious mental disorders involving delusions, paranoia, disorganized speech, etc with onset in men circa age 18

i imagine if a pathological manipulator exploited that (notably by posing as the only trustworthy person in the universe), this is what it would look like

like she diminished her mom's allegations by crying dementia, she's set herself up to cry, "shrooms," this go-round

the neighbor summarized her impression of rudy as never being of sober mind (if those weren't actually her exact words, they are at least for all intents & purposes) -- i wouldn't be surprised if she'd describe him in his interview as not being of sober mind

i don't think she'd be wrong

the narrative that his brain was destroyed by drugs benefits rudy's mom by precluding his reliability into perpetuity -- something a common, treatable disorder may throw a wrench in

he's in a very difficult cycle to escape, & authorities are in a relatively helpless position

Last edited:
it's unreasonable to assume janie didn't involve qx without a scheme in mind

tragically, it's unreasonable to assume rudy has no tendencies to lie/scam/manipulate based on what was normalized by who raised him

rudy is staying with one of his mom's friends (was she the one who found him in front of the church?) instead of his relatives, & he noted his intention to not involve any professionals... and to not report anything to the police

with that all said, there are serious mental disorders involving delusions, paranoia, disorganized speech, etc with onset in men circa age 18

i imagine if a pathological manipulator exploited that (notably by posing as the only trustworthy person in the universe), this is what it would look like

like she diminished her mom's allegations by crying dementia, she's set herself up to cry, "shrooms," this go-round

the neighbor summarized her impression of rudy as never being of sober mind (if those weren't actually her exact words, they are at least for all intents & purposes) -- i wouldn't be surprised if she'd describe him in his interview as not being of sober mind

i don't think she'd be wrong

the narrative that his brain was destroyed by drugs benefits rudy's mom by precluding his reliability into perpetuity -- something a common, treatable disorder may throw a wrench in

he's in a very difficult cycle to escape, & authorities are in a relatively helpless position
I thought I'd read in various links posted here that it was a local woman (not Rudy's mother) who calls herself a reporter, that reached out to Quannell X.

Either way, this case is tremendously messed up.
I really do hope Rudy gets the help he obviously needs, away from his creepy mother.

jmo

I thought I'd read in various links posted here that it was a local woman (not Rudy's mother) who calls herself a reporter, that reached out to Quannell X.

Either way, this case is tremendously messed up.
I really do hope Rudy gets the help he obviously needs, away from his creepy mother.

jmo
This is correct. Janie(Rudy's mother) reached out to local woman who reached out to QX.

two days ago aired by CourtTV:

"So how did you first get involved with this case, with this story?"

"Rudy's mother was looking for me, & she was able to reach a young woman named Grizzy, and Grizzy gave her my number and put her in contact with me. When she called me she said she was concerned about investigators intimidating and threatening her, and she felt that they were attempting to blame her for something. I said, 'Well do you think you're a suspect?' She says, 'I'm not sure.' She says, 'But, I have to meet with them. Would you meet with me with them?'"

--

five days ago aired by Fox:

"His mama called me, & Rudy demanded that I stay"

--

more details in those as well as seven days ago as aired by fox that...

rudy did everything to appeal to qx's ego:

1) facial recognition - status, celebrity
2) car field trip - wealth, professional success
3) immediate intimacy - specialness
4) call for - heroism

etc

rudy took no time to spill everything to qx (...despite being "non-verbal"), stating everything too perfectly with the detective present -- based on extrapolation from his interview -- in ways that...:

1) would show he would not testify against his mom (i.e., would undermine the state if attempting to prosecute a case that would virtually entirely rely on his witness testimony and cooperation)
2) excluded declaring beyond a reasonable doubt that he suffered sexual abuse
3) emphasized, in fact, his explicitly stating that no suffer sexual abuse
4) strongly intimated sexual abuse occurred -- sexual abuse that was too scarring in general to conjure any specific occurrence, singular incident
5) set expectations that he'd never be able to provide anything specific, to pinpoint any singular occurrence -- attributed to disconnecting in general from his sense of time

-- a perfect dance

presenting the meeting's time as an emergency, qx came into the whole thing destabilized

the mother went through a local social media personality to contact qx to ensure that public opinion would distract qx, too busy defending against perceptions of controversy, self-insertion (and busy basking in the ego soothing from rudy) prevent him from seeing how taken in he's got

rudy has been nothing but a tool to his mother before to manipulate others and carry out scams -- which is what it looks like to me here & now and without rudy's awareness

he described himself as being a people pleaser, for example, as his mother raised him, so may be acting in good faith to the best he knows how

paranoia would prevent him from accepting resources from police, denying professional mental health care would prevent him from realizing he's still defaulting to truths as defined by his mother; she seemed qx as safe, she deemed the family friend he's with as safe, she deemed grizzy (who seems taken in, too) as safe [i.e., rudy had trust in grizzy when accepting the interview despite distrusting the media), she instilled doubts on family members, she instilled doubts in "the media," etc

rudy is young & has people who care about him, so I'm sure he'll get treatment and clarity necessary to achieve the peace he wants for in earnest

two days ago aired by CourtTV:

"So how did you first get involved with this case, with this story?"

"Rudy's mother was looking for me, & she was able to reach a young woman named Grizzy, and Grizzy gave her my number and put her in contact with me. When she called me she said she was concerned about investigators intimidating and threatening her, and she felt that they were attempting to blame her for something. I said, 'Well do you think you're a suspect?' She says, 'I'm not sure.' She says, 'But, I have to meet with them. Would you meet with me with them?'"

--

five days ago aired by Fox:

"His mama called me, & Rudy demanded that I stay"

--

more details in those as well as seven days ago as aired by fox that...

rudy did everything to appeal to qx's ego:

1) facial recognition - status, celebrity
2) car field trip - wealth, professional success
3) immediate intimacy - specialness
4) call for - heroism

etc

rudy took no time to spill everything to qx (...despite being "non-verbal"), stating everything too perfectly with the detective present -- based on extrapolation from his interview -- in ways that...:

1) would show he would not testify against his mom (i.e., would undermine the state if attempting to prosecute a case that would virtually entirely rely on his witness testimony and cooperation)
2) excluded declaring beyond a reasonable doubt that he suffered sexual abuse
3) emphasized, in fact, his explicitly stating that no suffer sexual abuse
4) strongly intimated sexual abuse occurred -- sexual abuse that was too scarring in general to conjure any specific occurrence, singular incident
5) set expectations that he'd never be able to provide anything specific, to pinpoint any singular occurrence -- attributed to disconnecting in general from his sense of time

-- a perfect dance

presenting the meeting's time as an emergency, qx came into the whole thing destabilized

the mother went through a local social media personality to contact qx to ensure that public opinion would distract qx, too busy defending against perceptions of controversy, self-insertion (and busy basking in the ego soothing from rudy) prevent him from seeing how taken in he's got

rudy has been nothing but a tool to his mother before to manipulate others and carry out scams -- which is what it looks like to me here & now and without rudy's awareness

he described himself as being a people pleaser, for example, as his mother raised him, so may be acting in good faith to the best he knows how

paranoia would prevent him from accepting resources from police, denying professional mental health care would prevent him from realizing he's still defaulting to truths as defined by his mother; she seemed qx as safe, she deemed the family friend he's with as safe, she deemed grizzy (who seems taken in, too) as safe [i.e., rudy had trust in grizzy when accepting the interview despite distrusting the media), she instilled doubts on family members, she instilled doubts in "the media," etc

rudy is young & has people who care about him, so I'm sure he'll get treatment and clarity necessary to achieve the peace he wants for in earnest
only if he realizes there's an issue and wants to. WHich...he may not.

Can anyone in the USA just walk on and get private therapy somewhere? I thought it cost money?
You can get mental health treatment through health insurance, if you have it. She had a job so she might have had insurance and, if so, would likely have had the option to include Rudy on her plan. If not, there are mental health clinics available which have a sliding scale based on income.

Yes, you just call the crisis line and they will send out a team. That team will help evaluate whether you need emergency inpatient placement (known as "finding a bed") or will help set up an intake at a behavioral health provider for ongoing services. If you have Medicaid (low income government funded insurance) you won't pay anything for services, which include meds/psychiatric care, private therapy sessions, group therapy (classes), as well as transportation to all those services. However, there is often a wait list. If not on Medicaid, there is a sliding scale. If you go to the hospital in a mental heath crisis, it is just like the emergency room, they cannot turn you away due to inability to pay.

My impression was that Rudy was using the psychological terms loosely and informally, more just grasping for the words to describe the situation.

I, too, thought he was evasive at times, when he did not want to disclose the information they asked about. Such as possible sexual abuse allegations and possible illegal activities by himself or his mother. He's said he didn't want her to get into trouble; he just wants to move on with his life.

Not sure what to make of his talk about being guided by colors. All MOO

Could Rudy have synesthesia?

Yes, you just call the crisis line and they will send out a team. That team will help evaluate whether you need emergency inpatient placement (known as "finding a bed") or will help set up an intake at a behavioral health provider for ongoing services. If you have Medicaid (low income government funded insurance) you won't pay anything for services, which include meds/psychiatric care, private therapy sessions, group therapy (classes), as well as transportation to all those services. However, there is often a wait list. If not on Medicaid, there is a sliding scale. If you go to the hospital in a mental heath crisis, it is just like the emergency room, they cannot turn you away due to inability to pay.
Respectfully, this may be true in some places in the US, but is absolutely not how it works where I live.
It is very difficult to get mental health services of any kind, and there are no full time psychiatrists in our county or any of the surrounding counties.
Source: I worked st our only mental health facility for 10 years.

Respectfully, this may be true in some places in the US, but is absolutely not how it works where I live.
It is very difficult to get mental health services of any kind, and there are no full time psychiatrists in our county or any of the surrounding counties.
I hope things get better in your area.
My post was based off of personal experience in 3 states over the past 5 years. Multiple inpatient stays in 2 of those states, emergency care in the 3rd. Never have had a problem accessing MH care.

I live in a very populated county outside of Philadelphia and it’s the same here. Trying to get help for my young adult daughter has been almost impossible. Forget medical assistance (she is disabled). I’m having to pay out of pocket (not cheap) for a nurse practitioner with a psychiatric specialty. And I can’t tell you how relieved I am to have found her. They say there’s mental health help until you actually need it.

I hope things get better in your area.
My post was based off of personal experience in 3 states over the past 5 years. Multiple inpatient stays in 2 of those states, emergency care in the 3rd. Never have had a problem accessing MH care.
You are so very lucky!!! I wish that was the case in Wisconsin and Illinois where I mainly work. Accessing emergency mental health care is so hit or miss here even with working in the field for over 15 years. It is one thing to have someone go inpatient for a few days to stabilize them somewhat on meds. It is another thing to get insurance to pay for residential care and not just outpatient for continuing care. Someone with the trauma that Rudy has most likely experienced will need long term residential care that specializes in trauma treatment, dysfunctional family systems and can also address drug use. In many cases I can only get health insurance to cover inpatient stabilization, if I get lucky they might cover 7-14 days of residential treatment. That is not enough time to start unraveling a life story of trauma. And when you have someone used to self-medicating with substance you are not likely to have that person be able to do this psychological work on an outpatient basis, even doing Partial hospitalization (going to treatment M-F 9-5 like a job). IF that person is doing deep trauma work sending them home to be with their abuser or to be able to use drugs and/or alcohol or whatever they use to cope with their life. Plus, in my experience in WI/IL is that there are long wait lists for most outpatient programs, so we stabilize someone somewhat inpatient 5-7 days and then release them and they have to just sit and wait 4-6 weeks to start intensive outpatient care. They are more likely to end up back in the psych ward or maybe even jail if they are emotionally unregulated enough and unable to calm themselves.

Our mental health system is failing our nation, except for families with a lot of disposal income. And good luck with Medicaid which is what many of my clients have because they are not stable enough to hold a decent job that has private insurance which might be willing to give some residential days. And it is tough that most facilities that take the most insurance and who work with Medicaid have not great living conditions and the staff is overworked, and many are inexperienced because as soon as they get their experience and hours they go on to a facility that pays better and offers better working conditions. These facilities generally are not in network with insurance because they are not cheap. To treat trauma well you need a really sophisticated and experienced clinical team that is able to use multiple modalities and are able to offer experiential and somatic therapies which are key pieces of doing trauma work well. Most insurance only covers inpatient hospitals which only offer inpatient care in a locked psych ward. For someone who is not diagnosable mentally ill and is not actively suicidal or homicidal a psych ward can be traumatizing for them. And the only thing they can really provide is a med check up. But good luck finding a psychiatrist right now without at least a 6 month wait for a new patient. The only thing that helps is if a family can just private pay for services and not have to be dependent upon their health insurance whose coverage for Mental Health mainly SUCKS.

And in the last couple of years as we move into post-Covid the number of people in our country suffering pretty major mental health issues is growing exponentially. They are over-burdening an already over-burdened system.

You are so very lucky!!! I wish that was the case in Wisconsin and Illinois where I mainly work. Accessing emergency mental health care is so hit or miss here even with working in the field for over 15 years. It is one thing to have someone go inpatient for a few days to stabilize them somewhat on meds. It is another thing to get insurance to pay for residential care and not just outpatient for continuing care. Someone with the trauma that Rudy has most likely experienced will need long term residential care that specializes in trauma treatment, dysfunctional family systems and can also address drug use. In many cases I can only get health insurance to cover inpatient stabilization, if I get lucky they might cover 7-14 days of residential treatment. That is not enough time to start unraveling a life story of trauma. And when you have someone used to self-medicating with substance you are not likely to have that person be able to do this psychological work on an outpatient basis, even doing Partial hospitalization (going to treatment M-F 9-5 like a job). IF that person is doing deep trauma work sending them home to be with their abuser or to be able to use drugs and/or alcohol or whatever they use to cope with their life. Plus, in my experience in WI/IL is that there are long wait lists for most outpatient programs, so we stabilize someone somewhat inpatient 5-7 days and then release them and they have to just sit and wait 4-6 weeks to start intensive outpatient care. They are more likely to end up back in the psych ward or maybe even jail if they are emotionally unregulated enough and unable to calm themselves.

Our mental health system is failing our nation, except for families with a lot of disposal income. And good luck with Medicaid which is what many of my clients have because they are not stable enough to hold a decent job that has private insurance which might be willing to give some residential days. And it is tough that most facilities that take the most insurance and who work with Medicaid have not great living conditions and the staff is overworked, and many are inexperienced because as soon as they get their experience and hours they go on to a facility that pays better and offers better working conditions. These facilities generally are not in network with insurance because they are not cheap. To treat trauma well you need a really sophisticated and experienced clinical team that is able to use multiple modalities and are able to offer experiential and somatic therapies which are key pieces of doing trauma work well. Most insurance only covers inpatient hospitals which only offer inpatient care in a locked psych ward. For someone who is not diagnosable mentally ill and is not actively suicidal or homicidal a psych ward can be traumatizing for them. And the only thing they can really provide is a med check up. But good luck finding a psychiatrist right now without at least a 6 month wait for a new patient. The only thing that helps is if a family can just private pay for services and not have to be dependent upon their health insurance whose coverage for Mental Health mainly SUCKS.

And in the last couple of years as we move into post-Covid the number of people in our country suffering pretty major mental health issues is growing exponentially. They are over-burdening an already over-burdened system.
I can't speak to regular health insurance as I only have Medicaid. Perhaps my situation was given priority because I was unhoused/in transition and experiencing multiple traumatic events.
We don't know what kind of services Rudy has access to there in Houston. I hope he is able to find a facility to meet his needs. Here we are assigned a case manager after our intake that acts as a liason/resource advisor until we can get assigned to a therapist. That way we are not left just waiting. Also we can start going to group therapy almost immediately so we feel like there is a little progress.
That might not be the best option for Rudy; like you said (it would seem) he needs super intensive treatment to deal with this dysfunctional situation. Maybe not long term inpatient though (unless it's for detox, I have no experience with that). Maybe you would be shocked at the kind of things people have recoverd from/are dealing with in outpatient therapy. We are very resilient!

Brenda Paradise told The Independent she devoted hundreds of hours to finding Mr Farias but grew suspicious of his mother Janie Santana.

While claiming her son was missing, Ms Paradise said that Ms Santana repeatedly asked for money on her Facebook pages to help track him down.

Once, she asked for money to pay a ransom to a suspected human trafficker in Tijuana, Mexico, who she falsely claimed had kidnapped Mr Farias. She even went to a morgue to identify a deceased body, Ms Paradise said.
Wow. She certainly goes to some extents huh?
I cannot stand this "mother"

I suspected it was something along those lines, since it's common knowledge for anyone following true crime that sensitive details of an investigation are NEVER released to the public while it's still an ongoing investigation.

I have zero doubt Quannell X knows this as well, considering his very public previous interactions with LE and LE investigations.

jmo
But are the HPD even investigating this at this point? ...

The article linked below is poorly written but if we are to believe it, Janie Santana has returned home and was also seen visiting Rudy at the friend's house where he is staying.

The aunt (Pauline) arrived with clothes etc. for Rudy but apparently there was a shouting match and the police were called. (I could not tell from the article who all was yelling). Rudy did eventually accept what his aunt brought him.

Rudy has stated 1,000,000x over he does NOT wanna see his mom.
Wouldn't surprise me if Ms. Janie forced her way in there, she looks strong enough to. And I'm sure she's panicked and ALONE for the first time in maybe her whole life, but so far no real consequences besides her worst fear (losing control of Rudy). The yelling was probs between everyone at that house versus Janie.

I listened to the video. I wish he would not wait to get an evaluation and psych counseling. He spoke about nanobots, colors, screws and bolts, and flu vaccines.
I agree. Some of what he said reminded me of my brother who has schizoaffective disorder.

<modsnip - quoted post & response was removed>

wow, where did the compassion go? This was a kid. Color me sad and shocked.

100% agree. People are seemingly forgetting that this (manipulation, codependency, emotional abuse etc) hasn't just been going on since he "went missing" at 18; there are documented news stories of this kid being used/ exploited for sympathy by his mother since at least his very early teens (ex. the "about to be homeless" story). Whatever supposed involvement Rudy has in the scheming now is a direct result of years and years of psychological and emotional abuse by his mother. Moo.

Having watched the interview, imo it looks to me that Janie, through her deranged manipulations, has caused Rudy to be emotionally and socially stunted and and otherwise psychologically damaged. I hope he can get the help he deserves. She perhaps can't be charged for bad mothering, but if there are any legitimate victims of her ubiquitous scams, hopefully they can get some justice if there is anything actionable. jmo
COULD NOT AGREE MORE. All y'all, say it louder for the people in back.
The people who don't "get it" should consider themselves lucky. Emotional abuse, manipulation, gaslighting, fear, trauma, panic... all extremely powerful.

Shrooms do not do this. Not beyond the high.

Mushrooms do not cause permanent psychosis, although they can trigger underlying psychoses. None of this is because of psilocybin.
False. Different drugs affect different people different ways. Shrooms and weed and MDMA can all have very positive or very negative mental affects. Smoking weed in highschool triggered my latent (and officially diagnosed) OCD and panic disorder in the worst way.

Could Rudy have synesthesia?

I actually commented the same thing to Grizzy. But, with the other stuff he was talking about, seems more like (as Rudy himself said) he has used the internet to educate himself and stay up-to-date on the world and his mom could've been feeding him NOT JUST mushrooms but paranoid ideas to try and keep him scared to leave the house.

I 100% do not think Qx was lying outside that hotel. He never said Janie forced herself on Rudy, just that she did some other stuff that was highly inappropriate, incestuous, and counts as SA imo. Should he have spoken to the media on Rudy's experience especially when he's in a vulnerable place? no.

Rudy is not a con-artist. He was brainwashed. He knows the term Stockholm Syndrome bc he had 8 YEARS to worry and think about his situation and study online what may have been happening to him. Self-awareness doesn't always make it easier to change your position in life. I think Rudy very, very likely has significant PTSD which made him have an extremely strong trauma bond with his manipulative, con artist of a mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of my brothers and I were raised by our mother in an extreme isolation circimstance similar to this. The way Rudy talks does remind me of a person who has not interacted with other people.

Of the three of us, my older brother and I left the house early and had no further interaction with our mom. My older brother killed himself as a young man. I have a normal life and a family. My younger brother never left.

My mom did many of the boundary pushing things we're hearing about here with Rudy. Including staying in my little brothers room all night "whispering". I tried to check on him many times over the years, but he does not seem to appear to want to leave. He has never attended school, had a job, or any sort of life that I am aware. He is nearly 38.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back