Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Father's girlfriend has only been charged with tampering.
Body found during search for missing 6-year-old Samuel Olson
"Theresa Balboa, the girlfriend of Samuel Olson's father, has been charged with tampering with evidence after a body believed to be the missing 5-year-old boy was found in a motel room in Jasper, Texas."
IMO she’s telling them Samuel died from Covid or some other imaginary illness or accident. She panicked and blah blah blah. They need to load on whatever charges they can come up with NOW because depending on how decomposed he is, they may not get enough information from the autopsy. I hope they’re able to tell definitively how this poor child died and we see murder charges eventually. It would be a gross injustice if all she got was the current charge and a small sentence, if any.

It will be interesting to learn more on what was meant by “some time”. Is he referring to the the bag or the room. (I totally dislike thinking about it :mad: :()

He also said there were indications were that the body had been there for some time.
Child found dead in room of Jasper motel
I agree. I'm thinking the bag, but who knows?

interesting..... from the link: BBM... the catalyst?

Police said the child's dad and the dad's girlfriend were at a southwest Houston home when Samuel was reported missing last Thursday. An officer went there to tell them the child must be returned to his biological mother.
Really? So by coincidence a fake cop comes in the morning and takes the child, but that very evening, another, presumably real cop, comes to return Samuel to his mother?? Wait, what? I’m confused. Is this awkward reporting?

I can’t tell if this is revealing a new fact or just sloppy reporting. But media should definitely ask who called police out to that McAvoy residence.

The LE media briefing made it seem like DO called the police, but they did not come out and say who called them. They did say that they were dispatched to SW residence where DO told them he had already called Samuel’s mom after hearing TB’s story and that Samuel’s mom said he wasn’t with her. So it seems likely that phone conversation prompted one of the parents to call police. I wonder which one.
But why not tell the public who reported him missing? It seems like some big State secret that must not be shared, and that makes me very curious

I think MANY of us are wondering where dad was in all of this, and when the last time he saw Sam was, and what he was thinking when the stories were brought to his attention.

I think she spun her fake cop story at 6pm when the real officer showed up. she thought she was quick on her feet but it didn't last long!

moo

IMO she’s telling them Samuel died from Covid or some other imaginary illness or accident. She panicked and blah blah blah. They need to load on whatever charges they can come up with NOW because depending on how decomposed he is, they may not get enough information from the autopsy. I hope they’re able to tell definitively how this poor child died and we see murder charges eventually. It would be a gross injustice if all she got was the current charge and a small sentence, if any.

MOO, the current charges are just to hold her as he hasn't even been positively ID'd yet. Patience grasshopper.......

There are both misdemeanor and felony types of tampering in Texas. I believe they are charging her high with a 2nd degree felony:

https://www.peekandtoland.com/what-are-the-penalties-for-tampering-with-evidence-in-texas/#:~:text=Tampering with evidence generally is a third-degree felony,tamper or attempt to conceal a human corpse.

"... However, the offense becomes a second-degree felony if individuals tamper or attempt to conceal a human corpse. A second-degree felony conviction may result in as many as 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. ..."

JMO it seems to me that TB has both tampered with and attempted to conceal a corpse, while she is out on bond in another (felony) violence case. I don't think she will be going anywhere any time soon.

Body Is Found at Texas Motel in Search for Missing 6-Year-Old Boy — and Dad's Girlfriend Is Arrested

During the media briefing LE didn’t specify exactly who reported Samuel missing.

The following was stated:
Houston police received a call at approximately 6 p.m. that then 5-year-old Samuel was missing from southwest Houston. Officers responded to the house in the 8800 block of McAvoy Drive and interviewed Dalton Olson, Samuel’s father, and Theresa Balboa, Dalton’s girlfriend.
Dalton Olson stated once he heard the story from his girlfriend he contacted Samuel’s mother who told him that she did not have the child.
But he just waited to see if a random PO would show up soon, so he could report his son missing? So DO gets home from wherever he was, TB says” oh hey, your ex showed up and took the baby.” “Ok, wow, well I’ll call her. Nope she says she doesn’t have him. Hey what’s for dinner? “

Seriously, when was the father told the boy was missing? So there wasn’t an actual 911 call, the real LE came and said, hey, gimme the kid and THAT’S when the LE officer filed a missing report? Of course I know it’s all B as in B and S as in S, but once he called Samuel’s mother, why would he not immediately call 911?

Maybe because he had the boy and didn’t have custody? They’d been moving to dodge the mom. So I guess you can’t ask for LE’s help if you aren’t supposed to have him in the first place? So did DO just think, yep, his mom has him, so he felt no need or urgency or desire to involve LE.

Of course, when the real officer showed up, TB spewed out her story, and DO believes her, has every reason to believe that his ex did take Samuel, because he knew HE didn’t have custody!
Am I making any sense ? MOO

I think MANY of us are wondering where dad was in all of this, and when the last time he saw Sam was, and what he was thinking when the stories were brought to his attention.

I think she spun her fake cop story at 6pm when the real officer showed up. she thought she was quick on her feet but it didn't last long!

moo
Well the I (WE) was/WEREasleep,and the door was unlocked oopsy story has been so over used. MOO

KPRC2 Brandon Walker

Hope this link works! Brandon Walker KPRC2 had a nice wrap up video on FB.
At 2:50 mark he says we know that LE was questioning another person who was with Theresa, but there have not been further arrests yet.

I wonder if he means the individual was with Theresa in the motel room. Maybe her ride to the motel?

But he just waited to see if a random PO would show up soon, so he could report his son missing? So DO gets home from wherever he was, TB says” oh hey, your ex showed up and took the baby.” “Ok, wow, well I’ll call her. Nope she says she doesn’t have him. Hey what’s for dinner? “

Seriously, when was the father told the boy was missing? So there wasn’t an actual 911 call, the real LE came and said, hey, gimme the kid and THAT’S when the LE officer filed a missing report? Of course I know it’s all B as in B and S as in S, but once he called Samuel’s mother, why would he not immediately call 911?

Maybe because he had the boy and didn’t have custody? They’d been moving to dodge the mom. So I guess you can’t ask for LE’s help if you aren’t supposed to have him in the first place? So did DO just think, yep, his mom has him, so he felt no need or urgency or desire to involve LE.

Of course, when the real officer showed up, TB spewed out her story, and DO believes her, has every reason to believe that his ex did take Samuel, because he knew HE didn’t have custody!
Am I making any sense ? MOO
I'm doubting that a real officer showed up that evening. I think that was faulty reporting.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member