TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that she did not know the bail amount until bail was set on Saturday. My guess is that if she was able to post bail ( $500) of the $5000, she would not have needed to call anyone except a bail bondsman. Reportedly, she did call a bail bondsman, who called her mother(or sister) not sure which, to secure the funds needed. SB may not have known that anyone was working on her behalf to secure the money. JMO JMO JMO

How do communities usually enforce the payment of traffic fines?

(This is a genuine question. I don't know.)

In Sandra's case it doesn't look like there was any enforcment in collecting her fines. Some of the fines go back over two years.

March of 2013 – Bland was stopped in Crestwood Township while driving a 2013 Cadillac DeVille and received two citations – for speeding 21-25 mph above the limit, and for operating an uninsured motor vehicle. She was fined $200, which – according to Cook County Court records – has not been paid.

You don't think he would have carried it out if she hadn't gotten out of the car?

Yup. He would have. But a poster on here said it was only a threat . The poster was justifying him saying that he would use a taser.

A taser which has been outlawed in other countries because of its ability to cause death.

Would she have deserved to die on that traffic stop?

Yup. He would have. But a poster on here said it was only a threat . The poster was justifying him saying that he would use a taser.

A taser which has been outlawed in other countries because of its ability to cause death.

Would she have deserved to die on that traffic stop?

What countries have outlawed Taser's? Did they go back to beating people with batons to get compliance?

Bail has to be cash. No checks or cc.

So getting money and having it sent to Texas is not something I know how to do.Would you?

I know how to do bank transfers to a foreign country. That took forever.

Could you get a bank transfer on a weekend?

Calls from jail are collect at something like $10 a minute.

What countries have outlawed Taser's? Did they go back to beating people with batons to get compliance?

This pertains to the U.S. only: http://www.nij.gov/topics/law-enforcement/officer-safety/use-of-force/pages/continuum.aspx

Verbal commands, soft hand techniques and hard hand techniques (punching, for example) should all come before an LEO resorts to Taser use/baton use. I'm not sure where threatening to tase someone comes into play. I'd think it'd be a last resort before actually tasing (i.e., don't threaten to tase someone unless you're actually going to do it).

I believe that BE dropped the ball in several areas -- regardless of SB's behavior before, during and after the arrest. If a person dies during the commission of a crime -- any acomplices can be charged with that death even if they were not directly responsible for it. I don't know if his actions constituted a crime (and am not qualified to put forth that opinion, really), but I do believe he is morally responsible for what ultimately happened. And I believe the jail is more directly responsible and legally culpable for what happened. IF it is determined that BE committed a crime, then he should be held legally responsible. imo. moo.

France for one.

Hubby saw a guy with a gun in the country we are in. It is a colony of France. The gun is forbidden. It was at a fancy resort.

There was a drug issue and a long standing feud between the gun owner and the 18 some guys that came to beat him up at the fancy resort.

The waitresses handled it until LE arrived.

The crimmies were jumping over tables. Hubby and his friend stayed unobtrusive and watched.

LE manged to calm it all down as they knew all of the characters involved.

The gun guy spent like a month in prison. French prison terms are really short.

They seem to be more into community policing.

So getting money and having it sent to Texas is not something I know how to do.Would you?

I checked a local bail bondsman's website and he takes PayPal.

http://gregpadillabailbonds.com/pay-for-bail/

Respectfully, what does this have to do with SB calling her attorney and if she can stay in the car? I never said she had NO RIGHTS lol That's what the whole comment to me was about

You're right. I apologize. I should have also included the post you were responding to and clarified my response better by stating that my post was intended to point out that, contrary to what some (some = people in general) think, people do have certain rights despite not having been [officially] arrested and/or [formally] read their Miranda rights but they also need to understand [especially today] that - from the very first moment of interaction with LE - everything they say and even what they don't say (i.e., body language/facial expressions) is being scrutinized by an individual who's personal views and biases you don't know, but can/do weigh heavily on how they proceed.
MO ~

France for one.

Hubby saw a guy with a gun in the country we are in. It is a colony of France. The gun is forbidden. It was at a fancy resort.

There was a drug issue and a long standing feud between the gun owner and the 18 some guys that came to beat him up at the fancy resort.

The waitresses handled it until LE arrived.

The crimmies were jumping over tables. Hubby and his friend stayed unobtrusive and watched.

LE manged to calm it all down as they knew all of the characters involved.

The gun guy spent like a month in prison. French prison terms are really short.

They seem to be more into community policing.

I take it the guy with the gun but it down when ordered to do so by the police?

I take it the guy with the gun but it down when ordered to do so by the police?

No, We all think his gf who he was eating with hid it. The gun was not found. Just the bullets. It is against the law to have a gun so he did not want to get caught with it.

But tons of people saw it. I looked for the review on Trip Advisor, but the owners must have seen it as a tourist did write about it. I did not see the review. A friend told us it was on there.

Life is different without gun culture

France for one.
SBM

I found this about France and Taser's.

Municipal police Taser ban lifted
May 27, 2010​

[TD="class: headline"][/TD]

[TD="class: ticker3"]MUNICIPAL police have been allowed to start using Taser electronic stun guns again, following a nine-month ban.

The final decision on whether to allow the stun guns rests with individual mayors in each commune .[/TD]

Looks like they were banned for a short period of time a few years ago.

http://www.connexionfrance.com/muni...gun-ban-lifted-france-11689-view-article.html

No, We all think his gf who he was eating with hid it. The gun was not found. Just the bullets. It is against the law to have a gun so he did not want to get caught with it.

But tons of people saw it. I looked for the review on Trip Advisor, but the owners must have seen it as a tourist did write about it. I did not see the review. A friend told us it was on there.

Life is different without gun culture

Interesting story but it doesn't seem like a Taser, baton or any or anything was needed because the suspect complied with the officers.

Strange how the gun disappeared.

Debit card? CC could possibly be used, they would get their $$ first. Wiring the money like Western Union? Many ways maybe even PayPal heck everyone else does that. She spoke with one of four sisters at iirc 1:50pm Saturday.

I think he would be spending everyday at funerals. Which military person does he choose and which one does he ignore?

Every single one that is murdered on our soil!
Hell he could have sang God Bless America also!

Western Union 24/7 and the money is there in min.

SBM

I found this about France and Taser's.

Municipal police Taser ban lifted
May 27, 2010​

[TD="class: headline"][/TD]

[TD="class: ticker3"]MUNICIPAL police have been allowed to start using Taser electronic stun guns again, following a nine-month ban.

The final decision on whether to allow the stun guns rests with individual mayors in each commune .[/TD]

Looks like they were banned for a short period of time a few years ago.

http://www.connexionfrance.com/muni...gun-ban-lifted-france-11689-view-article.html

That article is from 2010. I cannot find anything newer thsn this thst talks sbout the new ban.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130528-taser-france-police-regulation-human-rights

I know because of the incident at the resort and asking why it was handled the way it was as the 18 were throwing big rocks into the restaurant.

This would have been a gun fight in the US.

No place is free from people having issues. We were all surprised as hubby was having coffee with a friend on a Sunday morning.

He was very impressed with the waitresses. He was not impressed with LE as he thought they should have been more aggressive. These fighting families have their relatives and buddies and because of how things were handled, things were cooled down instead of the fight being carried on for months in other locations,

Sandra Bland had a new job, a new life in front of her in Texas, and her life was going good. Everything was getting better. Then she met Trooper Brian Enciniam and not only did he wreck her live, but within three days it was over. Why? Because she didn't use her turn signal and she didn't put out her cigarette when he told her to. The police are the worst bullies in out society. They pick on the poor, they pick on the defenseless, They beat homeless people to death, they shoot mentally ill people, they shoot black kids in the back. The list goes on and on.

You talk about these people like they are some great heros who are keeping us safe. But keeping us safe from who? Safe from people who don't use their turn signals? Safe from people who sell cigarettes without a tax license? All I can say is that these bullies deserve every bit of bad karma that they get.

I don't know if anyone but me sees how bigoted and biased this is. If I took out the term 'police' and replaced it with anything else-[ muslims, hispanics, Gypsies etc] --it would be seen as a very unfair rant. You cannot lump ALL of a group together and blame them aLL for the recklessness of one. I cannot say ' Muslims behead people, THEY pick on Christians etc'...because that is racist and untrue.

So how is it OK to say that the police beat homeless people to death? Am I the only one that has a problem with this sweeping generalization? This is the thread about a cop who was out of line, lost his temper and pushed a non-compliant driver too a questionable arrest.

It is not a thread about how cops are beating to death homeless people, or shooting black kids in the back, etc....is it?

Western Union 24/7 and the money is there in min.

I know about Western Union but have never used it. Do you have to have cash?

What hours are they open? Are they everywhere?

The Paypal would solve it, but if you do not have an account, you have to get money into it.

If you do not have enough money in your cc or bank account, how would you deposit money into those accounts on the weekend?

It takes awhile to transfer my payment from my bank to my cc. The account is linked from my bank and the money taken out. But it does not show up right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3