Found Deceased TX - Sarbesh Gurung, 2, Denton, 2 July, 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My son could open a car door at that age.It just depends on the individual child.
And on the make and year of the car.
Some SUVs can be opened with just a small tug on the door handle and it then automatically opens and closes, from both outside of car and inside.

I rent newer SUVs when I travel and they are very easy to open & close.
However, my own older model SUV doors don’t open & slide very easily.

I’m wondering what time the neighbor’s vehicle (that Sarbesh was found in) arrived there at that parking space.

IOW Maybe the car wasn’t “home” yet, at the time he went missing. Maybe he was somewhere else when LE searched the cars in that area.

Then maybe after the neighbors arrived home, he got in their car.

IDK Just thinking out loud.

But then I think if searchers were searching and calling out his name, and if he weren’t in the car at that time, he would’ve heard the calls and come out from where he was.

IDK

Just got off work and saw this sad news! I am the one that posted yesterday they should check cars because I have a 4 year old and 20 month old who can both open my minivan by themselves and it's a huge fear of mine especially with this heat.

I wish I could figure out how to post a video of my 20 month old opening a car door so people could see how it's possible, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it, my son didn't do it that early but she's the 2nd child and does whatever he does. She reaches up and hangs on to the handle and then puts both feet against the car and pushes away from the car with her feet while holding onto the handle till it opens. Looks like a little monkey! And can easily put her crocs or her sandals on herself.

I'm so heartbroken for his Mommy! I can't imagine how devastated she must be and the neighbors whose car he was in must feel awful! They may have thought their car was locked but accidentally clicked the fob again or something so it unlocked again the last time they went inside. Horrible how such a small thing can have a horrible outcome.

I’m wondering what time the neighbor’s vehicle (that Sarbesh was found in) arrived there at that parking space.

IOW Maybe the car wasn’t “home” yet, at the time he went missing. Maybe he was somewhere else when LE searched the cars in that area.

Then maybe after the neighbors arrived home, he got in their car.

IDK Just thinking out loud.

But then I think if searchers were searching and calling out his name, and if he weren’t in the car at that time, he would’ve heard the calls and come out from where he was.

IDK
That is an interesting point - they didn't find him (neighbor) until 6am the following day - where was their vehicle the day before from 2pm on? And if the building has cameras I do hope they will check and not just brush this off. JMO

#JUST IN: Family friends of the Gurung family tells us Sarbesh’s parents told police that the 2-year-old likes to ride in the car. The Gurung family car is a white SUV, one that looks very similar to the vehicle the toddler was found in this morning. @wfaa

View attachment 191958

Ariel Plasencia on Twitter

I understand in a panic not thinking to check a vehicle that doesn't belong to you. I can't fault the family here.

The cops are the ones who failed here.

They were told the kid likes to ride in the car.
The family has a white SUV.
Kid was 2 years 7 months old.
Kid could open car doors.

Why would you search trash cans, sewers and culverts before vehicles. You start with "where would the child want to go and where could the child be alive" and then go to "where would someone dump a body" not the other way around!

Cops should have checked all vehicles prioritizing white ones. Get a window marker and mark them as you check them. Ask everyone to come out and check their personal vehicles immediately.

I hope there are some serious policy changes. This boy should have been found within an hour of his being reported missing.

I understand in a panic not thinking to check a vehicle that doesn't belong to you. I can't fault the family here.

Why would you search trash cans, sewers and culverts before vehicles. You start with "where would the child want to go and where could the child be alive" and then go to "where would someone dump a body" not the other way around!

Cops should have checked all vehicles prioritizing white ones. Get a window marker and mark them as you check them. Ask everyone to come out and check their personal vehicles immediately.

I hope there are some serious policy changes. This boy should have been found within an hour of his being reported missing.

Well, this information came from family friends. Do we know that they shared the info with LE during the search? I would be interested to know if LE knew all this info, or if it came after the fact. (Not that I am disagreeing with policy change.)

ETA: I'm actually in complete agreement with policy change. LE clearly had never dealt with something like this before and they need to be prepared for next time

NBC DFW‏Verified account @NBCDFW

"We don’t know if the car was unlocked, we just don’t know" Denton PD Chief Frank Dixon said after 2-year-old Sarbesh Gurung was found in his family's SUV. http://on.nbcdfw.com/BRJTB6p

(Video)

NBC DFW on Twitter

I’d say it’s fairly obvious the car was unlocked....?? The child is dead inside it, and he certainly didn’t pick the lock to get in!
Same here. Almost 3. I feel better some too
2 years, 7 months still isn’t “almost 3”. It’s barely 2 1/2.

Last edited:
I’ll stick w almost three as at first I thought he was barely two or almost two. Jmo

Andrea Lucia on Twitter
*** CANDLELIGHT VIGIL*** Family, friends, and members of the Nepalese community are organIzing a vigil tonight at 8:30pm for Sarbesh Gurung. The public is welcome to attend. It will be near the 2300 block of W Prairie in Denton. @CBSDFW
D-ljMtzXsAEvAn0.jpg

6:09 PM - 3 Jul 2019

UNT-NSA on Twitter
Hello everyone, NSA family is going to hold a vigil tonight in the memory of the beloved baby Sarbesh Gurung. The vigil will begin at 8:30 pm at the following location. Everyone is welcome. Location: 2400 W. Priarie St. Denton, TX
6:30 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Alex Boyér on Twitter
TONIGHT: A candlelight vigil being held by family and friends of 2 yr old Sarbesh Gurung who was found dead inside of a car early Wednesday morning. Vigil being held at 8:30pm on W. Prairie St - near the scene. @FOX4
D-l0thrXkAUy5Z5.jpg
D-l0thrWkAEW9tv.jpg

7:26 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Last edited:
That is an interesting point - they didn't find him (neighbor) until 6am the following day - where was their vehicle the day before from 2pm on? And if the building has cameras I do hope they will check and not just brush this off. JMO
Their vehicle was clearly right there from 2 pm on, otherwise how would the little boy have gotten in it?

My concern is wondering if someone hurt or killed him but then placed him in an unlocked vehicle to make it appear it was an accident. If he’d wandered out of the apartment and a predator happened to be nearby....

Hopefully this is what it appears to be, a tragic accident where a little one escaped (which we all know can happen far more easily than many people realize) and went exploring with a deadly outcome.

Hannah VanHuss Davis‏ @hannahdinhd 6h6 hours ago

A neighbor got into their car this morning and discovered Sarbesh’s body. Police say the windows were tinted and it was difficult to see in. 250-300 searchers were in the area the day before. Right now there are no persons of interest in this case. Investigation is ongoing.

------------
A neighbor so I take this to mean somewhere in the apartment complex lot. IMO. I think it is a terrible tragedy but there are lessons to be learned - open the doors of every car - don't just look in the window next time. JMO
Well, it would make sense that the neighbors SUV was in the same lot but I'm not sure. I'd have to re-listen to the presser and I'm unable to do that at the moment.

Here is a tweet from earlier today and now you have me wondering if the translation is accurate...

UNICA RADIO USA on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
Inside a vehicle in this parking lot was found lifeless #SarbeshGurung(2) missing since yesterday. The child showed no signs of trauma. The place is almost next to the apartments where the family lives. @laucruces
D-ldWMCXYAEU5TK.jpg
D-ldWUiXsAASwSR.jpg

5:44 PM - 3 Jul 2019

BBM

Alex Boyér on Twitter (VIDEO)
NOW: A small memorial is starting to take shape right next to the white SUV where 2 yr old Sarbesh Gurung’s body was found by a neighbor 15+ hours after he was reported missing by his mother. The family lives just one complex over. Cause of death under investigation @FOX4
5:06 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Andrea Lucia on Twitter
People have started a memorial for 2 year old Sarbesh Gurung near the SUV where he was found dead this morning. @CBSDFW
D-lbubkXYAIECe8.jpg

5:37 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Alex Boyér on Twitter (VIDEO)
NEW: A mother of 3 young kids bringing them to the spot where 2 yr old Sarbesh Gurung was found dead inside of a car this morning to pay their respects. @FOX4
5:43 PM - 3 Jul 2019

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sarbesh's family. I don't personally know his family, but I live two streets over and have seen him and his mother outside of the apartment complex before.

Anyway to your comment about the way the search went down, they weren't searching sewers and dumpsters before nearby vehicles. When the fire dept. knocked on my door around 4pm I saw officers looking into my neighbors' vehicles while just up the street I saw fire dept. searching dumpsters and storm drains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy
Back