Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A part of me does wonder if the driver of the black truck could also be a woman because of the wide-set hips, gait getting into the car and the slight curvature of their chest (looked liked they could have had breasts)?

However, could definitely see the argument they are most likely a man based on other people’s impressions.

I hope that the families of SS, MG and baby Fabian get justice and answers.
That is what I thought I saw too.

I agree with whoever said there's another person in the back of the truck that hands heavy guy what looks something like cloth, like to me, a rag. For sure, the person in the back seat of the truck reaches out to hand heavy guy something. Check out the :32 second mark in the video. There's no doubt someone in the backseat of the truck.

Later heavy set guy takes something from the Kia which in my mind looks like a big envelope, but help me figure out what it really could be. I'll try to get a shot of heavy guy taking something and throwing into the truck.

The first time I seen the video I also thought the item in hand was an envelope. If an envelope, it may have contained drugs or more likely money. But I still think this will get tied back to SS and her brother, so that doesn't include drugs or drug money.

Given SS and MG were both shot behind the right ear, I wonder if there was another person in the car. Like someone said earlier if they were shot and placed in the car, why not put them both in the back seat? I think SS was shot while in the front seat of the car. MG was likely as well shot in the car in the back seat.

One person driving KIA, one person in the back shooting, one person driving the truck.

Car being parked must not be on camera or that would have maybe showed two getting out of the car and we would be hearing of three POI. So did back seat shooter person, if there was one, get out and get in truck before arriving at the apartment complex?

JMO

Can't seem to capture a clear shot of driver in Kia.
1703812305698.png
Trying to be helpful, but not saying this helps for sure. Very blurry results. I enlarged a close up, and fooled around with adjustments. What I see is the possibility of a ponytail, and maybe it's even a woman, but it almost looks like a mask on the face area.

The Killer driver  Soto murder car close up of ponytail maybe face mask 12 2023 .png

From the full police press conference posted upthread, the Chief specifically referred to the truck as a 'Chev Silverado.'

He states there are two persons of interest from the surveillance video: party driving the Silverado and party driving the Kia (i.e., police don't believe the driver of the Kia was either victim MG or SS).

Police surmised the cloth/towel was perhaps used to wipe down the side of the Kia.

No other information offered during the PC.

Does look like perhaps the Kia driver steps out to lean down to do something to the lower side of the rear door - but what - they didn't spend long enough to do actual 'cleaning' and they didn't appear to open the rear door. I even thought maybe they got out to puke / pee / poop but doesn't seem long enough either.

The first time I seen the video I also thought the item in hand was an envelope. If an envelope, it may have contained drugs or more likely money. But I still think this will get tied back to SS and her brother, so that doesn't include drugs or drug money.

Given SS and MG were both shot behind the right ear, I wonder if there was another person in the car. Like someone said earlier if they were shot and placed in the car, why not put them both in the back seat? I think SS was shot while in the front seat of the car. MG was likely as well shot in the car in the back seat.

One person driving KIA, one person in the back shooting, one person driving the truck.

Car being parked must not be on camera or that would have maybe showed two getting out of the car and we would be hearing of three POI. So did back seat shooter person, if there was one, get out and get in truck before arriving at the apartment complex?

JMO
If SS was shot in the car from the backseat, though, wouldn’t the windshield be shattered, unless the gunman aimed down?

Why would MG have been in the back seat to have been shot there? Maybe they were dealing there while SS waited in the front passenger seat? But again, if he was also shot in the car, would a rear window have shattered if he was shot behind his ear while sitting up?

In the case of her brother's murder, the mom tried to settle the dispute but the son's killer refused. (15-year-old brother and 18-year-old pregnant sister murdered just a year apart; Here's what we know) Then we had the melee in the court room.

Seems to me that this may all be tied to the initial issue and subsequent court altercation. The people on this video of the truck do not look like they are in their twenties or young people just doing a deal.

While it is heartbreaking to see the retribution and heartlessness about the importance of life, tragedy is more compounded by the idea that an innocent baby was so close to being born that if she had delivered him days earlier the baby would be alive even if someone wanted to kill his mother still.

Looks like a big, burly, fat dude, with either a wife beater or sleeveless t-shirt on, MOO.

Were they in the car when it was seen on camera? Thoughts?
The video is from the same apartment complex where the car was found. Also fence in the POI video matches fence in video of LE searching vehicle and the live new chopper footage when car was discovered.

I'm 100% sure bodies were in the car at that time.

The video is from the same apartment complex where the car was found. Also fence in the POI video matches fence in video of LE searching vehicle and the live new chopper footage when car was discovered.

I agree about the bodies being in the car when the two cars met up. Maybe the drive up was more of a proof of killing rather than a meeting for cleaning.

Could it be payment for helping with the hit money? Helps that you say you thought it looked like an envelope too. Maybe his missing phone is in there too.
MOO, I've been saying three, but now I have to include one more in the back seat of the truck, so four perps. (2 in the Kia, and 2 in the truck)

JMO, I could swear that front driver of the Kia has a sleek ponytail, not a big framed person either. Could it be a woman? 1703813151801.png

Whatever is handed out of the truck looks firm and cylindrical like a tube - I thought a rolled up towel (very fancy!). When it's handed back it's limp and floppy and looks much less substantial. Maybe it was a cloth bag with something in it? Another gun? Being handed to the driver? Maybe driver gets out to slide gun into their shirt?

Could it be payment for helping with the hit money? Helps that you say you thought it looked like an envelope too. Maybe his missing phone is in there too.

MOO, I've been saying three, but now I have to include one more in the back seat of the truck, so four perps. (2 in the Kia, and 2 in the truck)

JMO, I could swear that front driver of the Kia has a sleek ponytail, not a big framed person either. Could it be a woman? View attachment 470758

I agree there's definitely four perps IMO here - two in the Kia and two in the truck. I do also agree the Kia driver could be a woman.

Probably not important but it looks like the cover over the back of the pickup may be cracked open or elevated a bit based on the truck’s shadow and trying to zoom in on the video?

I guess that could possibly help people in the SA area who are looking over their home and business security recordings or trying to determine if they recognize the truck? Probably not helpful though.

If SS was shot in the car from the backseat, though, wouldn’t the windshield be shattered, unless the gunman aimed down?

Why would MG have been in the back seat to have been shot there? Maybe they were dealing there while SS waited in the front passenger seat? But again, if he was also shot in the car, would a rear window have shattered if he was shot behind his ear while sitting up?
Depends on if the bullet exited their skulls and at what velocity and trajectory in order to break glass. Small caliber gun like a 22 might not blast all the way though bone, brain and bone in order for the bullet to exit. Now if it was a 44 mag, it would likely be a scene out of Pulp Fiction inside the car.

Let say MG went somewhere to deal drugs. Went inside while SS sat in car. MG is shot, someone comes out, gets in rear seat and shoots SS, then MG is placed in rear seat. Car driven away.

Just a lot more likely to be noticed if that all took place somewhere. Gun shots, carrying dead bodies, back and forth from car to house/apartment.

JMO

Yep, it's at the same apartment complex. You can see the small carport (maybe it's a mailbox shield) when the Kia turns the corner. Danny Kaye Dr · San Antonio, TX 78240
Screenshot Capture - 2023-12-28 - 19-39-19.png

Depends on if the bullet exited their skulls and at what velocity and trajectory in order to break glass. Small caliber gun like a 22 might not blast all the way though bone, brain and bone in order for the bullet to exit. Now if it was a 44 mag, it would likely be a scene out of Pulp Fiction inside the car.

Let say MG went somewhere to deal drugs. Went inside while SS sat in car. MG is shot, someone comes out, gets in rear seat and shoots SS, then MG is placed in rear seat. Car driven away.

Just a lot more likely to be noticed if that all took place somewhere. Gun shots, carrying dead bodies, back and forth from car to house/apartment.

JMO

Altho I find it unlikely his body would be carried around, this could make sense. Two people required to carry MG out, shoot SS, sling the baby seat from the rear on top of SS, shove MG in the back seat and then drive off to find a place to dump them where the vehicle will be undisturbed.

However, if MG was off to do a routine drug deal, this makes no sense in terms of why did they flee their home so fast, leaving a candle burning and her possessions behind, why take SS at all when she's just about to give birth?

Yep, it's at the same apartment complex. You can see the small carport (maybe it's a mailbox shield) when the Kia turns the corner. Danny Kaye Dr · San Antonio, TX 78240
View attachment 470760
If that’s true because I’ve never been at this complex and all the fences around here pretty much look the same, but if that’s the same location wouldn’t LE have video of the car being parked and left possibly with better images of the POI?

JMO
I always thought a 22 was a long shotgun but apparently not! I’m also thinking of the Alex Murdaugh case where his son was shot at close range and his brains hit the ceiling of the outbuilding and landed on the ground. Ugh. I didn’t realize you could shoot someone at close range and a bullet may not possibly leave the body.

It is also strange to me that they were both apparently shot in the same location on the head. Coincidence? And from behind, so she would have heard shots, maybe would have gotten out of the car..,

Altho I find it unlikely his body would be carried around, this could make sense. Two people required to carry MG out, shoot SS, sling the baby seat from the rear on top of SS, shove MG in the back seat and then drive off to find a place to dump them where the vehicle will be undisturbed.

However, if MG was off to do a routine drug deal, this makes no sense in terms of why did they flee their home so fast, leaving a candle burning and her possessions behind, why take SS at all when she's just about to give birth?
And she left her phone behind. Not clear about his. Has it been confirmed they found either of their phones in the apartment? A routine drug deal would not require either to leave phones behind, would it?

@ 54:05 Ickedmel plays the video - he has zoomed in

Truck driver is a "hefty dude" and has the kind of belly that shakes and overlaps the waist due to its size

Thank you for sharing this! I can see this so much more clearly than the other one from the police release. Whatever this guy did make it so much easier to see! He is a VERY large man. This is not just an average large guy, he really has a very large distinct belly and with that and this truck, I'd think someone already has ID him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1