Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This family is talking a lot. wonder how this impacts the investigation.
It’s not helpful, that’s for sure. Law enforcement likes to keep certain details under wraps, that way they’re able to verify the veracity of witness statements and potential confessions.

Fortunately, I’d expect the car to be a goldmine for physical evidence, especially considering the fact that someone probably drove the car to that spot (touch DNA, fingerprints. Considering what this guy did, and who he associated with, I’d expect they’ll get a hit or two via CODIS and/or AFIS (doesn’t necessarily mean that person did it, but it would help).

There should be surveillance video too.

Did someone offer them a ride to the hospital for the inducement with a murder plan?
That could explain a "perplexing" car seat in SS lap.
Perplexing meaning weird.
My first thought when I read that the driver's seat was not occupied and the car seat was in SS lap, was that someone handed her the car seat out of the back seat so that they would be in back with her BF and someone else was in the driver's seat. One to keep the BF and one to drive the car and keep an eye on SS. JMO

My first thought when I read that the driver's seat was not occupied and the car seat was in SS lap, was that someone handed her the car seat out of the back seat so that they would be in back with her BF and someone else was in the driver's seat. One to keep the BF and one to drive the car and keep an eye on SS. JMO
Yes, control.

Not at that place. It's been all over the news for well over a year. It's a bad place. They even changed the name of the place. I'm fairly convinced the crime happened there. The place is fairly notorious. It's so bad, that our council woman even paid money out of her own pocket to put the tenants up in a Motel 6 because the landlord wouldn't. The place wasn't safe for the tenants.

Last edited:
Ok, if true, this changes things in a big way. We're talking a likely execution style double murder at a separate location, and their bodies being dumped in the vehicle afterwards:

Crime scene details​

Soto's brother, Jordan Corona, told CBS News that police told him there was no weapon found at the scene, and that both Guerra and Soto were shot in the back of the head.

Laura Cordova said a detective told her that Guerra was found slumped over in the backseat of the vehicle, and that Soto was in the front.

Soto was holding a car seat, according to her mother.

"She had the car seat on her lap, so she was going to the hospital," Gloria Cordova said.

Police have said that the car might have been at the location where it was found "possibly for three or four days."

BBM
This makes me think they we’re on their way to the hospital, she was holding the car seat on her lap (weird IMO), and they stopped on the way for a “work” meetup. It went sideways, he was shot & thrown into the backseat, she was shot as she still sat in the front, and they were driven to the apartment complex and car was dumped. But why would she be carrying a car seat on her lap in the front seat in the first place? Why not put it in the back on the way to the hospital? Strange.

I'd like to hear these details from somebody other than the baby daddy's brother. They also said he was not abusive towards Savannah. JMO
It was her brother.

Soto's brother, Jordan Corona, told CBS News that police told him there was no weapon found at the scene, and that both Guerra and Soto were shot in the back of the head.

This makes sense. Her mom made it sound like it was normal for her to be carrying the car seat because she was going to the hospital. But maybe I’m taking that too literally, and she just meant she was obviously going to the hospital for induction since the car seat was in the car at all. It’s just a strange detail, but your theory would explain it.

It’s not helpful, that’s for sure. Law enforcement likes to keep certain details under wraps, that way they’re able to verify the veracity of witness statements and potential confessions.

Fortunately, I’d expect the car to be a goldmine for physical evidence, especially considering the fact that someone probably drove the car to that spot (touch DNA, fingerprints. Considering what this guy did, and who he associated with, I’d expect they’ll get a hit or two via CODIS and/or AFIS (doesn’t necessarily mean that person did it, but it would help).

I totally agree.

Her brother was also murdered. May 2022.

From your article that you shared:

The aunts said Savannah had been in an abusive relationship for three years. This time last year, she was beaten so hard she ended up in the hospital, they said.

It was her brother.

Sorry -- mixed up my links. Nonetheless, MG's family also saying he never abused SS but police reports say differently.

Not at that place. It's been all over the news for well over a year. It's a bad place. They even changed the name of the place. I'm fairly convinced the crime happened there. The place is fairly notorious. It's so bad, that our council woman even paid money out of her own pocket to put the tenants up in a Motel 6 because the landlord wouldn't. The place wasn't safe for the tenants.
Do you think the market on the corner would have outdoor cameras, or other homes along the route to their apartment that may pick up street activity?

This makes sense. Her mom made it sound like it was normal for her to be carrying the car seat because she was going to the hospital. But maybe I’m taking that too literally, and she just meant she was obviously going to the hospital for induction since the car seat was in the car at all. It’s just a strange detail, but your theory would explain it.
Yes, it seems likely that the car seat would be in the backseat since that is where the baby would ride home. JMO but someone else was in the back with BF. The baby seat could have been shoved onto SS after the shooting.

This is kind of Cartel-Soft.

We have only heard of the Matthew Guerra and Ethan Soto being involved in dealing with THC vapes. These two family groups, Guerra and Soto, seem to have been comfortable with the dealing of these vapes as a cash business. No mention or criminal records mention harder cartel stuff like meth, cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, even ketamine or C2.
THC vapes are legal in many of states where marijuana products are legal, although there can be local rules on their sales ( no minors, etc). So it's not really in the major cartel stream.

MG and SS were photographed with him holding a large number of bills, that look like 20"s. Maybe hundreds of them, so there was certainly a decent amount of tax-free income coming into the economies of these folks.

So I don't think they were on major cartel radar at this point. SS's 15 year old brother was killed last year for stealing a few THC vapes from a dealer. Not like he stole kilos of coke or meth.
First time posting so I’m not sure how much I can say but MG’s telegram account profile clearly advertises more serious drugs that he had available. Not sure if I can share his username or a screenshot of his profile.

Yes, it seems likely that the car seat would be in the backseat since that is where the baby would ride home. JMO but someone else was in the back with BF. The baby seat could have been shoved onto SS after the shooting.
I’m feeling the shootings happened elsewhere. The car seemed relatively clean and intact from the videos we’ve seen. No obvious bullet holes or shattered windows. Not sure how two people could have been shot in the car with the result looking like nothing occurred in the vehicle. Although we haven’t seen the driver’s side, to be fair.

IMO, I just feel it happened elsewhere and then someone drove the car to where it ended up, after dragging them back into the car. They needed to relocate the car seat to accommodate him potentially on the back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz